What If I Want To Change That [SaiRat Cafe OS]

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello guys. My name is Tannu. I am new to this forum and attempting to write a story about Virat being an absolute jalkukda, coz I think that would be really entertaining to read/watch. 

Feel free to like, comment and/or criticise my humble work. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This coffee shop is their place. For the four of them – Sai, Virat, Samrat & Paakhi. Not anyone else. Especially not the guy standing in line talking to Sai as she grabs them all french fries to share. Virat grits his teeth as the guy-Tejas, he thinks. It's Tejas, who he caught staring at Sai from across the room-places a hand on Sai's elbow and leans down to whisper in her ear. "Shiva?" His gaze snaps to Samrat, who's watching him carefully, concern in his eyes. "Are you okay?" Samrat asks him.

Virat blinks, confused until he realizes he's been staring-glaring-in Sai's direction. Not at her of course, but Samrat doesn't know that. He's about to change the subject by asking where Paakhi went, but quickly remembers that she couldn't make it today because she was at a yoga camp. It's just him and Samrat and Sai. And Tejas. Great."I'm fine, Jeeva." He sends his brother a strained smile, gaze drifting passed him as Sai laughs, her head tossed back and eyes bright. His heart squeezes in his chest, but he shoves the bitter feeling down. Sai can talk to whoever she wants; he's not actually her Sir.

Besides, she would kick his ass if she knew he was sour over her talking to another guy. Hell, he should kick his own ass for acting like a jealous husband. Samrat looks at him in disbelief. "Are you sure? Because you've been staring at Sai with this weird look on your face for a while now."Virat frowns. "I wasn't looking at Sai weirdly. I'm just wondering why the line is so long today," he bluffs. Technically, he wasn't looking at Sai with that expression. He was looking at Sai and Tejas like that. There's a difference.

Samrat shakes his head, a slight smile on his face. "I wasn't talking about today," he murmurs. "Hmm?" Virat turns back to Samrat, clearly having missed the question. Samrat waves him off with a shake of the head, turning back to the case file in front of him. Virat quirks a brow, but something stops him from replying. Sai giggles. Sai will-punch-you-in-the-face-if-you-say-the-wrong-thing-Joshi giggles. It sounds happy and airy and it's what he thinks sunshine would sound like if it had a noise. On one hand, he's shocked-completely stunned by the soft sound-because Sai never giggles, least of all around strangers, but on the other hand something warm floods through him, bubbling in his chest and creeping onto his face.

Oh, and he knows exactly what it is. He's liked Sai for a long time now, he just hasn't worked up the nerve to tell her yet. And that's a huge problem in itself, because he's pretty sure the word "love" is practically written across his face whenever he sees her-which is a lot-and he's pretty sure people are beginning to notice-including Bhavani Kaku, Aai, Atya, Devi Tai, Mohit, Shivani, Sunny and Paakhi, who take turns looking at him whenever he talks to Sai.

Virat's thought process is shattered as Sai's gaze slides to his and she smiles-not a smirk-a real, true smile. His heart skips a beat She turns back to Tejas a second later, laughing at something he says, and places a hand on his shoulder, leaning closer to him. Virat looks away. Clearing his throat, Virat reaches into his bag, blindly grasping for a file to distract himself with, and practically slams it onto the table, startling Samrat, who peers at him over the case file. He sneers, shoving the file to the side and running a hand over his face, gritting his teeth. "What is wrong with you today?" Samrat asks, frowning at him. Virat sighs. "Nothing, it's just Monday." Samrat's frown deepens. "It's Friday." Virat groans, cursing under his breath.

A sly grin tugs at Samrat's lips "Does your bad attitude by any chance correlate with Sai-"A tray of fries is dropped between the two guys unceremoniously, cutting Samrat off mid-sentence. Both of them startle, Samrat dropping his box and Virat whipping around to face his baiko as she slides into the seat next to him, grinning at the two of them. "Sorry it took so long. There was a long line," Sai explains briefly, giving them a noncommittal shrug.

Samrat reaches for the french fries, but Sai slaps his hand away before he gets too close. "Samrat don't you dare eat all of them this time!""But they're so good!"Virat snorts, watching them argue-he uses "argue" loosely, as Samrat rarely argues with Sai, but Sai argues with everyone-over food and Samrat always taking them when Sai is talking to Virat. Sai shoots him a look, but he pointedly ignores it. "So, you were talking to Tejas," he says to her sourly, keeping his eyes on the donuts. Sai shrugs. "Yeah, he's a nice guy, my classmate, funny too," she tells him. Virat has to fight back an eye roll-because Virat doesn't roll his eyes. "He must be," he grumbles, "considering how much you were laughing."Sai raises a brow at him, lips quirked up in a smile.

"We were talking about you and how you helped me to pursue my dreams despite all the impediments," Sai tells him, lips twitching as she recalls the memory. Virat groans, ducking his head in embarrassment. He doesn't even want to think about what happened to his feelings in the past 15 minutes or so. "Oh," he replies softly. She smirks. "Are you, how do you say it in IPS terms..oh chuck it..lemme just use normal words..J-E-A-L-O-U-S, Virat?" It's a joke, he can tell, but he takes the bait anyway. 

"And what if I said I was?" he asks softly, turning to face her directly, his knee bumping hers under the table. Across from them, Samrat chokes on his donut in surprise, coughing. Sai shakes her head slowly, her eyes almost sad. "Then I would say you're being silly," she says, sending him a little smile. "We were just talking and I'm not your REAL wife." Virat takes a deep breath, steeling himself. "And what if, hypothetically, I wanted to change that?" he asks, voice wavering slightly. The last thing he wants to do is send Sai running for the hills because she doesn't like him the same way. Sai grins, leaning into him, lips brushing his ear. His heart lunges into his throat and he freezes, heart beating out of control.

"Well, hypothetically, I would tell you to ask me out properly."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sona03 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is so cute please do continue :)

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

This is superb..Very nice..❤️

bones123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This was a great one shot! Absolutely sweet and would love to see a version of this play out on screen! Keeping personalities intact, but just wanting a change in status quo :) 

ByunBaekhyun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

This is tooo good! First of all, Virat-Sai-Samrat-Pakhi in a good term itself is a breath fresh air. Then comes our jealous Chavan saheb. Uff... marjawa!

Her small antics, evena giggle can turn him into a teenager boy feeling nervous while lookibg at his crush!

Beautifully described! Choice of words so on point!  Writing OS needs skill and you are definately good at it!

Would love to read more from you!

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: khusboo2309

Awesome

Thanks a ton! 😊

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sona03

This is so cute please do continue :)

Its a one-shot 😊

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thank you! 😊

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: SapSur

This is superb..Very nice..❤️

Thanks a ton! 😊

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: bones123

This was a great one shot! Absolutely sweet and would love to see a version of this play out on screen! Keeping personalities intact, but just wanting a change in status quo :) 

Thank youuu!! Would love to see it translate onscreen too. Definitely feel Virat has strong potential of being jealous of younger counterparts, especially those that study with Sai and might vibe with her better 😆