SaiRat One-Shot: A Fulfilled Promise

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Sai is now in her final year of MBBS.  Sai and Virat's moods are contrasting. Sai eagerly looks at the calendar, every single day, counting the days left for her to graduate. She would then be free to lead her life. But for Virat, he looked at the calendar with a sense of dread. Their time together was coming to and end. Sai would leave him and go very soon.

Virat snapped out his thoughts and looked at Sai who was cleaning her study table. "Sai, sirf kuch mahino ki baat hai phir tum doctor ban jaogi. Kya socha hai tumne aage ka?" Of course, thought Sai. He can't wait to get rid of me, can he?  "Main Pune jaana chahati hun, Virat Sir. Hamesha se mera sapna tha ki Nagpur main rahungi, Aaba ke sath lekin un ke bina is shahar main nahin reh paungi. Bohot- bohot takleef hogi. Aur vaise bhi, agar yahan rahungi, toh aapse aur baaki sab se milna hota rahega jo ki main nahin chahati. Main kaha tha na aapse shaadi ke din, jis din main doctor ban gayi, voh din mera aapke sath aakhiri hoga? Main vo nahin bhooli hu and na hi main aapko aur pareshaan karna chahati hun. Main Pune jaungi."  

At Sai's mention of their wedding, he remembered that day. So much had changed in 4 years. He married her out of a promise but these 4 years had changed his outlook completely. He didn't want Sai to leave. With a slight smirk on his face, he asked her, "Pune jaakar apne is Gabbar ko bhool toh nahin jaogi na?" Sai looked at him and smiled. He saw the same smile which he saw on an 18 year old Sai. 

"Aapko bhala kaise bhool sakti hun? Zindagi bachai hai meri aur aap meri family jaise hain." They both remembered the last time they had this conversation, after Virat was picking up Sai from the safe-house. Sai sighed. Things were different. Her Aaba was alive and with her. They were ready to start a new life in Nagpur but alas. "Aur aap?" "Main kya?" "Aap bhoolengi mujhe, Virat Sir?" His heart broke at these words. How could he ever forget Sai, his Sai? The girl he was so madly in love with but couldn't tell? "Tumhe main bhoolunga, lagta hai tumhe? Kitna daanta hai tumne mujhe, kitna bolti ho aur kitna sambhala hai tumne mujhe. Apni best friend ko main kaise bhool sakta hun? Aur tum chinta mat karo, itni asaani se peecha nahin chuda paogi mujhse. Pune aaunga tumhare peeche peeche, apne ilaaj karwane, Dr. Sai Joshi."  

Virat's eyes could no longer hide the dread and grief he was going through. He wanted to hold on to Sai forever. "Thank you, Virat Sir. Apna vaada nibhane ke liye. Aaba ko diya hua vada bhi aur mujhe diya hua vaada bhi. Aapne kaha tha ki main jaa sakti hun padhai hone ke baad." Virat was ruing those words. He wished she wouldn't go but he knew that Virat's stance on Sai and their marriage had changed but Sai's hadn't. She no longer hated him but she didn't want to be bound to him for the rest of her life. Virat searched Sai's eyes to look for any sort of emotion which mirrored his but all he saw was hope- Sai's hope for a new life, which sadly had no place for Virat in it. 

"Tumne bhi apna vaada nibhaya, Sai. Tumne kaha toh mujhse kabhi koi ummeed nahin rakhogi aur dekho, 4 saal kat gaye aise hi." A lone tear escaped his eye. "Kaash, tum apna yeh vaada nahin nibhati Sai. Kash tum bhi mujhse pyaar karti," he whispered under his breath and wiped away his tears.

This is a sad(ish) ending but just wrote it because I am so annoyed with Virat and atleast in my head, I want him to suffer because of his infinite vaades. 🤣

Edited by I-Am-SherLOCKED - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blackwind thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: I-Am-SherLOCKED

Sai is now in her final year of MBBS.  Sai and Virat's moods are contrasting. Sai eagerly looks at the calendar, every single day, counting the days left for her to graduate. She would then be free to lead her life. But for Virat, he looked at the calendar with a sense of dread. Their time together was coming to and end. Sai would leave him and go very soon.

Virat snapped out his thoughts and looked at Sai who was cleaning her study table. "Sai, sirf kuch mahino ki baat hai phir tum doctor ban jaogi. Kya socha hai tumne aage ka?" Of course, thought Sai. He can't wait to get rid of me, can he?  "Main Pune jaana chahati hun, Virat Sir. Hamesha se mera sapna tha ki Nagpur main rahungi, Aaba ke sath lekin un ke bina is shahar main nahin reh paungi. Bohot- bohot takleef hogi. Aur vaise bhi, agar yahan rahungi, toh aapse aur baaki sab se milna hota rahega jo ki main nahin chahati. Main kaha tha na aapse shaadi ke din, jis din main doctor ban gayi, voh din mera aapke sath aakhiri hoga? Main vo nahin bhooli hu and na hi main aapko aur pareshaan karna chahati hun. Main Pune jaungi."  

At Sai's mention of their wedding, he remembered that day. So much had changed in 4 years. He married her out of a promise but these 4 years had changed his outlook completely. He didn't want Sai to leave. With a slight smirk on his face, he asked her, "Pune jaakar apne is Gabbar ko bhool toh nahin jaogi na?" Sai looked at him and smiled. He saw the same smile which he saw on an 18 year old Sai. 

"Aapko bhala kaise bhool sakti hun? Zindagi bachai hai meri aur aap meri family jaise hain." They both remembered the last time they had this conversation, after Virat was picking up Sai from the safe-house. Sai sighed. Things were different. Her Aaba was alive and with her. They were ready to start a new life in Nagpur but alas. "Aur aap?" "Main kya?" "Aap bhoolengi mujhe, Virat Sir?" His heart broke at these words. How could he ever forget Sai, his Sai? The girl he was so madly in love with but couldn't tell? "Tumhe main bhoolunga, lagta hai tumhe? Kitna daanta hai tumne mujhe, kitna bolti ho aur kitna sambhala hai tumne mujhe. Apni best friend ko main kaise bhool sakta hun? Aur tum chinta mat karo, itni asaani se peecha nahin chuda paogi mujhse. Pune aaunga tumhare peeche peeche, apne ilaaj karwane, Dr. Sai Joshi."  

Virat's eyes could no longer hide the dread and grief he was going through. He wanted to hold on to Sai forever. "Thank you, Virat Sir. Apna vaada nibhane ke liye. Aaba ko diya hua vada bhi aur mujhe diya hua vaada bhi. Aapne kaha tha ki main jaa sakti hun padhai hone ke baad." Virat was ruing those words. He wished she wouldn't go but he knew that Virat's stance on Sai and their marriage had changed but Sai's hadn't. She no longer hated him but she didn't want to be bound to him for the rest of her life. Virat searched Sai's eyes to look for any sort of emotion which mirrored his but all he saw was hope- Sai's hope for a new life, which sadly had no place for Virat in it. 

"Tumne bhi apna vaada nibhaya, Sai. Tumne kaha toh mujhse kabhi koi ummeed nahin rakhogi aur dekho, 4 saal kat gaye aise hi." A lone tear escaped his eye. "Kaash, tum apna yeh vaada nahin nibhati Sai. Kash tum bhi mujhse pyaar karti," he whispered under his breath and wiped away his tears.

This is a sad(ish) ending but just wrote it because I am so annoyed with Virat and atleast in my head, I want him to suffer because of his infinite vaades. 🤣

Nice one👏...it clearly displays your frustration😆...Sai is too cold towards him😆

@bold you can turn it into a happy ending once your gussa is cooled down😆.... would love to read the next part

adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Want Sai to be cold towards him like this...

Me too frustrated with him for ruining 4 lives

Edited by adithyan - 3 years ago
Dear.Zindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I usually am sad when my fav couple gets separated whether it be in show or ff’s but I am quite happy here 😆

Virat really doesn’t deserve Sai 💔 it’s the truth that can’t be ignored 🥱

I was expecting this to be long 😆 but i am satisfied with whatever I read 

..Peppermint.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I read this yesterday, but forgot to comment later😆

Such a beautiful piece.

I kind of like this ending tbh. The angst, the loneliness, the regret; it was so potent and something that I want to see in the show as well.

I hope you continue or write another part with Sai. It does not have to be a happy ending.😆Sad ending has its own charms😳

Do write more.

ByunBaekhyun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

poignancy has its own beauty. You displayed something really realistic in short words. 

and btw, virat deserves it. he literally ruined 3 lives.

toshibelekar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice one. Keep updating the parts.

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Perfect...I am happy with ending🤣

Do write more❤️

Anika_PreRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Virat and his pakki zabaan!!!

Dude!!! Go n tell ur girl ur feelings.

This was nice.

ShanviSia thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.