Curious State of Things.

misfit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Post- leap the characters are more complexed, naturally scared by the ordeal in their past. I was surprised to read Suman's mother is dead too.( Yikes, just pile on all the tragedies on her why don't you) Nevertheless, i'm wondering where Suman stands in terms of Shravan. 

We know he doesn't even want to hear her name. HIs stance is pretty clear but Suman's isn't. I got the impression that part of her guilt maybe towards how she treated Shravan as well. As in she's living with guilt on both ends - her father's death and hurting Shravan or is at least somewhere still torn over both. 

That would make things far more interesting that her outrightly disliking him. The layers of emotions are always nice to see. 

I only got this impression because of the photos, what she said about being unable to fix broken relations and just thinking of Shravan and lastly with her brother refering to Shravan's house as her Didu's friend's place.  Maybe i'm wrong though and just misread everything 

Suman's character arc is such where she's simultaneously strong and vulnerable and broken. The shades are nice to see. 

For Shravan, it feels that her words that day did more damage to him than anything else. They really cut deep and understandably so. That's the thing about words isn't it? No matter who's spoken them, once out, they can never be taken back. They impact is only heightened by the person who speaks them and no matter how much that person loves you, it doesn't change how the words made you feel in that moment. That moment is just gone and dusted and it's very hard to let go of that hurt. That's why so many kids end up resenting their parents, despite of the obvious love between them, because parents at times end up saying things which scar their children and shake their confidence in some way. 

Edited by misfit007 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nailah_EjFian thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Bang on with Shravan’s current pain and the good thing is he is using his energy to strives... his pain hasnt turned him into a negative person... he just have new goal, new things to look forward and probably just got use to living with this pain.. Those words literally kill him that day and he cant look past that.. 

Where as with Suman, whose world literally turned upside down but still standing tall and strong infront of everyone.. broken from the inside.. 

Guilt of hurting both men in her life

Lost of her loved ones

Betrayal from her family

All these may have turned part of her into a bitter person but the same Suman can have a normal and sweet conversation with Damru bhaiya, still share a smile with a kid... 

She is in pain, she hasnt lost herself completely but she still stand strong.. 

Shravan has always been an open book where as the writers have always been stingy with Suman’s thought process... Slowly slowly we will get to know why she did what she did on that fateful day after she lost her dad.. 

SuVan_EDKV2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: misfit007

Post- leap the characters are more complexed, naturally scared by the ordeal in their past. I was surprised to read Suman's mother is dead too.( Yikes, just pile on all the tragedies on her why don't you) Nevertheless, i'm wondering where Suman stands in terms of Shravan. 

We know he doesn't even want to hear her name. HIs stance is pretty clear but Suman's isn't. I got the impression that part of her guilt maybe towards how she treated Shravan as well. As in she's living with guilt on both ends - her father's death and hurting Shravan or is at least somewhere still torn over both. 

That would make things far more interesting that her outrightly disliking him. The layers of emotions are always nice to see. 

I only got this impression because of the photos, what she said about being unable to fix broken relations and just thinking of Shravan and lastly with her brother refering to Shravan's house as her Didu's friend's place.  Maybe i'm wrong though and just misread everything 

Suman's character arc is such where she's simultaneously strong and vulnerable and broken. The shades are nice to see. 

For Shravan, it feels that her words that day did more damage to him than anything else. They really cut deep and understandably so. That's the thing about words isn't it? No matter who's spoken them, once out, they can never be taken back. They impact is only heightened by the person who speaks them and no matter how much that person loves you, it doesn't change how the words made you feel in that moment. That moment is just gone and dusted and it's very hard to let go of that hurt. That's why so many kids end up resenting their parents, despite of the obvious love between them, because parents at times end up saying things which scar their children and shake their confidence in some way. 

This is EXACTLY what i've been feeling while watching the past 2 episodes.. while we CLEARLY know that Shravan HATES Suman, we are not so sure about Suman's feelings- the pictures, his memories.. i'm guessing Sumo kind of knows that Devraj was not entirely responsible, which is why, in the 1st epi (Post-leap), she mentioned SACH, which means TRUTH... not that Devraj is wrong & the Tiwari's are correct.
I dunno, it's just a speculation.

it would really be a thrill to see how they carry forward their 1st interaction after 7 years... 

malikakas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Completely agree with you. That was my feeling as well. It doesn’t seem that she hates shravan. Just that she can’t fix relationships probably because she can’t fix the most important relationship in her life anymore, the one with her dad. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SuVan_EDKV2

This is EXACTLY what i've been feeling while watching the past 2 episodes.. while we CLEARLY know that Shravan HATES Suman, we are not so sure about Suman's feelings- the pictures, his memories.. i'm guessing Sumo kind of knows that Devraj was not entirely responsible, which is why, in the 1st epi (Post-leap), she mentioned SACH, which means TRUTH... not that Devraj is wrong & the Tiwari's are correct.
I dunno, it's just a speculation.

it would really be a thrill to see how they carry forward their 1st interaction after 7 years... 

yeah i figure it could be negligence kinda role like he really isnt involved but probably didnt pay heed to it until it hit him hard...

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: misfit007

when she mentioned about not having too much expectations, i think either she knows that she's failed in maintaining her relationships...like with vijay, he expected she'll be a big army officer and she didnt know all the events will occur but she still became an army officer but wanted her father there ....with shravan, she was expecting a blissful relationship but sadly that also failed hence feeling bad or something deep down and tries to maintain formality in relationships except for few ones.