Leo thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Sukhwinder Singh to sing for Steven Spielberg
06th Feb 2008  14.03 IST
By ApunKaChoice  

International recognition has come to singer Sukhwinder Singh in a very unusual way.

First, Sukhwinder caught the attention of Hollywood director Spike Lee when the latter heard the famous Hindi song "Chaiyya Chaiyya" in the musical 'Bollywood Dreams'. So impressed was Lee by the song and Sukhwinder's vocals in it that he retained a part of the song in his movie 'Inside Man'.

Now, Hollywood is knocking on Sukhwinder's door again. This time, production house Universal Pictures want Sukhwinder to sing a song for an upcoming film that will be directed by the Oscar-winning filmmaker Steven Spielberg.

Sukhwinder will reportedly croon an original composition for Spielberg. The number is learnt to be a traditional Kutchi song. However, the song will be given western musical treatment to suit the tastes of international audiences.

The track will also have Sukhwinder displaying his singing prowess to the hilt.

Source - http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/music/20080206-0.html

Lucky Sukwinder!! Congrats to him!!👏 I think the song Chaiyya Chaiyya is damn famous!!
I just saw yesterday in MTV....that white dude from Bombay Rockers seem to love that song and even sang a few lines!! Was cute!!😛

Edited by Leo - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

That's gr8 👏 He is an amazing singer!
Leo thumbnail

Originally posted by: rukhaya