Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Oh god! How vile can one get?  And so glad Arnav joined the dots! I hope Anjali doesn't becomes shyam' next victim! 

And ewww. How sick can one get! Glad Payal came at the right time. And that lone drop of tear, speaks for itself! There's hope as well! 

Looking forward to the next one!

Cheers

Bibiche thumbnail

Beautiful. Yet again Arnav missed a good opportunity to communicate with khushi. Maybe in this case silence is better?

Rosalinesak thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Shyam was more dangerous than expected. He was a psychotic murderer. Glad that Arnav took the decision to interrogate about Shyam at least now. He could have done it when Shyam declared  his bepannah ishq for Khushi. But to Raizada’s lunch, Anjali was saved. Shyam turning more creepy with Khushi. Payal needs to open up to Arnav and tell about the dangers surrounding Khushi. 

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What a fantastic chapter it was. Arnav’s world came crashing down after reading the report prepared by Aman. He was shocked to the core after reading the glorious details regarding his brother in law or sale sahib, and wondered   how come he did not cross check his background  before he consented Anjali’s marriage with him. He stopped Aman into investigating further about Shyam’s alliance with a Delhi girl he connected  the dots and concluded the girl is none other than kushi and whatever he required to know he would get it out from Payal .

There shyamwa cannot stop lusting after kushi even when she’s in a comatose condition glad Payal came in the nick of time and stopped him from touching her.Kushi’s lone tear says it all she has heard his vile words .Will wait to know Arnav’s step regarding Shyam 

ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I hope Arnav stop Shyam in his track before he do some more damage

Edited by ranogill - 3 years ago
Annasabu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Shyamji!!!  you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

libranangel thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 7

The car wouldn’t move fast enough as much as its driver stepped on the accelerator. Delhi was riddled with traffic no matter what time of the day. His impatience was soaring and could be felt by the fellow drivers through the loud incessant honking.

By the time he reached, the family was assembled at the dining table partaking in a leisurely lunch. His eyes quickly found his sister holding on to her husband’s arm, devouring every word coming from his mouth. His fist curled… his anger piqued… but with an audience around… now was not the time.

As he turned towards the stairs, he noticed Payal emerge from the kitchen carrying the lunch dishes.

“Khushi?” the question clear

“The nurse is with her Arnavji. I had to help with lunch.” She replied.

“Arey Chotte, come join us for lunch” his sister’s cheery voice turned him towards her.

“No Di… I’ve got some work.” Looking at Payal, he continued, “Payal if you don’t mind, can you come up to the room with lunch?”

If she was surprised by the request, she didn’t show it. Nodding, she continued serving the others. Over the last few weeks, she had noticed the changes in her Jethji. Not that he was a very expressive person but she had seen it in his actions; never leaving Khushi alone unless it was unavoidable… running his company from the hospital room and then his recliner… yelling at the nurse if she so much as pricked Khushi, thinking it would hurt her… asking her to remain with Khushi whenever he wasn’t around… his eyes always on her no matter who else was in the room or speaking with him. She never understood what her crazy sister saw in this rude, brooding man… but now she was certain she did.

Filling a tray with food she made her way to his room, knocking and entering but not finding him in it, till she heard him call from the poolside. Putting the tray down on the coffee table, she stepped out.

“Arnavji…you have your lunch, I’ll sit with Khushi for a while.”

She was about to step back in when he called her again. Turning she took the file he was extending to her. Still not understanding his actions; he motioned with his eyes, she opened the file and froze.

Arnav watched as the color drained from her face. Her eyes went wide, her hands trembled. The shock and bewilderment clearly readable. After an excruciating five minutes, she looked up at him… a mix of confusion and dread in her eyes.

“Arvanji… why… why are you showing me this?” her words came out slow and shaky.

“Payal, was Shyam the man Khushi was engaged to?” his voice was calm totally contrasting to the upheaval within him.

He watched as her eyes moved from him to the file, to her sister on the bed, and back to the file.

Damn it! He needed an answer now!

“Payal?” he brought her back. His voice slightly louder and more urgent.

“Yes!” she replied so softly that he almost missed it.

Seeing the look in his eyes, she rushed on… “yes… but we didn’t know… we didn’t know he was married… to Di!”

He stood in stunned silence as Payal recounted their story of how Shyam entered their lives, their home as a PG, made a place for himself in Buaji’s heart as the son she never had, how Buaji forced this Rishta on Khushi, their father’s ailment… their engagement on the day after Diwali… Khushi’s unhappiness till the day she met him here at Shantivan… the day of the Satyanarayan Puja.

Arnav remembered that day clearly… Khushi crashing into him at this very poolside… her continuous tears… then leaving in a hurry… her frazzled body language… Di introducing her to Shyam. How had he not seen it? Her uneasiness? Her need to get away like as if… as if she was running…

All he saw was her panic. Her grief after he asked her if her fiancé had done something to upset her. How did he not connect the two? That was the day he realized what he felt for Khushi was something deeper than what he’d felt for anyone before. He wanted to hold her, console her, wipe her tears, he wanted to rid the pain from her eyes… in all these obvious feelings he had missed something so obvious. He hadn’t stopped to question it. He hadn’t stopped to connect it when Shyam was professing his undying love for her. He hadn’t…

“She broke the engagement that day…” Payal was still speaking. “She wanted to tell you… tell Di… she came here the next day to do just that… but Di’s mangalsutra broke and she couldn’t bring herself to tell her after seeing the panic and fear in Di’s eyes.”

‘I’m doing this for Di!’ her words from a previous conversation came back to haunt him. She hid the truth to stop Di from losing her marriage… her husband.

“She hid it for me… so I wouldn’t be left at the mandap for a second time. Arnavji… believe me… we didn’t know he was married… he fooled us… he cheated us all.”

Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder… he told her it was alright. That’d he’d take care of everything.

She turned to leave, but turned back again and addressed him. “The day you two got married… I was angry… angry at her… at you… I didn’t know why she took this step… she who believed in Rajkumars and fairytales… I still don’t know. But I do know this… she’s safer with you. Even though Shyam is here… she has you to protect her. Thank you for saving my sister!”

Saving her? He saved her? He slumped to the chair near the pool. Although the words were delivered calmly it’s impact on him was another story altogether. His eyes turned to her but they were now filling up with tears he kept away all this time.

How had he saved her? If only Payal knew that he was no Rajkumar on a white horse rescuing her sister from the evil enemy, her thoughts of him would be starkly opposite. If Shyam had tricked her… he had tormented her. If Shyam had charmed her with his words… he had insulted her… if Shyam had shown her dreams of a happy life… he had trampled her every hope and dream. Who had wronged her more?

No matter what way he looked at it… he was no savior… not till now at least.

His body rose and feet led him towards her bed. The tears didn’t seem to abate even as he fell to his knees beside her.

He had wronged her! He had chastised her! He was so wrapped up in protecting his sister and her happiness that he trampled over an innocent soul.

Where do we go from here? Where do start to make amends? How do we undo the damage done over months… over and over again?

He felt for her strongly… that much was given. Her tears affected him… that he accepted. Her happiness mattered… that he knew. Could he go as far as to say he loved her? That wasn’t an emotion he knew or understood. But in the days leading to Payal and Akash’s wedding, he knew he felt the beginnings of it. And then a sort of confirmation during his conversation with Di. Then why did he subject her to a life of misery and heartache more than what Shyam had ever done?

His mind was racing with questions again… but questions for which only he could now answer. No one would help him now on his path to redemption. This was his cross. This was his doing and only he could find solutions to it.

His mind chided him to utter the words… make an attempt at an apology. She could hear him, that much was certain. But where does one even begin? How does one make amends or strive to rather, for a failing as despicable that words cannot express? Like always his lips refused to move. His inner feelings refused to take the shape of words and pour forth from his mouth. His incapacity to speak now was deeper than it had been over the past few weeks.

For now, he could focus on what he could control. Getting Shyam out of their lives and preferably locked in a cell somewhere far.

He braced himself as rose to go to his sister. She had to know! And she had to know now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The family was gathered in the living room when he entered. Chatting away after a good lunch. His eyes immediately noticed the absence of Shyam which his Di confirmed stating an out of town meeting. This worked well for him.

Holding the file that had all the makings of turning his sister’s life upside down, he made his way to her. He held her hand and with a solemnity, he himself didn’t feel, he began,

“Di… there’s something I need you to see.”

“What is it Chotte? You are beginning to worry me?” his sister replied. A frown marring her features which were just smiling talking to Nani.

“Di, I want you to know that I’m here for you. No matter what. But I can’t avoid this or keep this away from you any longer… please trust me Di. You need to know this.” He finished and placed the file in her hands.

For the second time in a day, Arnav watched the color drain off a person’s face. But more than that it was the series of emotions that seemed to pass across it and had him for a minute doubting his approach to this whole matter.

There was the initial confusion, slowly replaced by shock, then came the disbelief and finally grief. All through, he held her shoulders and the family made their way towards her to get a view of the contents of the file.

Shocked gasps could be heard from everyone before a stream of questions poured from their mouths. The how’s? the why’s? the what’s? Everyone needed answers and he knew that. But the only person who’s questions he wanted to answer remained mum. It was as if the speech had deserted her.

He saw her rise slowly from the couch she was sitting on and move away but not before halting and without turning to face him, saying, “Do what you have to Chotte!”

That was all the confirmation he needed. The shock was overpowering her he knew, the grief and hurt were plaguing her but her ability to accept the truth in those words she had just read and reach a decision that protected herself first, was what he wanted to see. And her statement just gave him the permission to rid that snake away from her, her unborn child and their lives.

The family rushed behind her as she hobbled away to her room. Shouting after her to wait. To talk to them. But Anjali’s grief was a burden she had to bear alone. She made her into her room and locked the world outside.

As he made to go back to his room and put the plan in place, he noticed Payal looking at him with a question in her eyes.

Understanding it, he replied, “They don’t need to know!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading and appreciating this story. I know it's a slow attempt at a path already taken but the future is still uncertain. A life is still in pause... but how will it go from here? Bear with me as I attempt to answer these questions. 

Thank you once again!

Stay Safe!

Libran Angel!

-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

yayy finally an update!

Great to see things progressing and the family finally knows. 

Cant wait for the next update :)

Take care!

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Arnav after hearing news of Shyam drove home at break neck speed ,as he wanted to reach home and share the news with his sister but couldn’t because the snake was present along with his family.

He confronted Payal and gave her the file containing all information regarding Shyam ,on opening the file she was shocked to see all information related to Shyam and spilled the beans about him and how he was associated with their family .

Arnav was shocked on hearing about the snake from Payal ,but couldn’t control himself he went to Anjali gave her file .She on reading the file gave him the green signal as to do what he wants with him. Arnav was happy and relieved now must wait and see what step he takes.

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She hope Arnav apologizes and confess his misjudgment and vow to right his wrongs along with his plans to get rid of Shyam to Khushi... it would give her hope and relief... because only he knows why she wanted to give up her life...