'Hurt Karan Johar' - Shekhar Gupta iv bit

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

In the 2011 awards (for 2010 releases), My Name is Khan was apparently the biggest hit. It did not get nominated in any category. Right or wrong, we wouldn’t know, because we let the jury be. And the jury that year was headed by someone as widely respected and accomplished as Amol Palekar. Shah Rukh Khan was also a contracted performer and a stage presenter.

Trouble began three days earlier, as usual. There were threats of a boycott. I never heard this from Shah Rukh — before, during the awards or later, to be fair. But from people “around the film”. There was panic and I had to field long, pained, hurt calls from Karan Johar, who simply wouldn’t accept that the jury had not found the film worthy of an award.

I was told dark theories on why poor Palekar might dislike those who made “the greatest hit in years”. How dare he choose instead a “marginal film” like Vikramaditya Motwane’s Udaan! There were threats of a boycott not just “by us, but the entire industry”. We held our nerve again, and a breather came as the viewers’ choice award, based on an internet poll conducted by our host TV channel, went to the film.

So Karan Johar in KWK and also other chat shows has time and again emphasized how actors are delusional . Also how people in the industry should learn to take criticism . He told Akshay when he came solo on KWK that ppl shud know how to take a joke on themselves . As per the viral clip he told Kangana that if you cant deal with the industry's working , then just leave.

And this is what he does in reality . Couldnt even fathom the fact his film dint get nomination. Rather looks like was more hurt that a small film was getting the recognition. 

Why could he not apply his own advice to himself and critique his own work ? 

Truth - they all seek validation. We all do so. Critiquing oneself and one's work ain't easy.

Edited by LiveEatLove - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YourCat thumbnail

And then they take picture with their awards, sleep with it like they have earned it. Seriously, there is something wrong with their brain. This is just not normal behavior. Psychopaths? 

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 3 years ago
lifeiscool thumbnail

I m honestly done with Indian movie industry. 

monikameghan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I did not know this.  But I am so glad that Amol Paleker chose Udaan over MNIK.  More power to him.  If it were someone else then Udaan would not have gotten the attention it got.  It shows that Amol was not affected by Karan Johar’s status.  These kind of people should be in the jury to make unbiased decisions about the awards.

Thank you for sharing!!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That year Salman deserved all Best Actor awards 

😞 

forbidden thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

This is very scary I had no idea that industry is this dark. All Are coming out and this awards  show is so fake how can they even accept such awards which is not given for their acting or hardwork but as a charity and then they take it home and put it in their achievement showcase. 

who is Karan johar to say just leave? Who the hell is he to tell anyone to get out of the industry? Like SS said he don’t own it or it’s his father ka estate. he thought he did till now when reality came out. 

I wonder how much SSR went through then. It’s scary 

udaan was an awesome movie I also watched it

Edited by forbidden - 3 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

MNIK was an awful film. Even SOTY was shitty, but at least it wasn't pretending to be some serious, intellectual movie like MNIK was.

I guess KJo couldn't digest the fact that only his fluff would be liked but not his serious attempt at cinema....because he sucks as a filmmaker.

fcuff thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Udaan was a film by Anurag Kashyap's phantom films, right? Ironic, years ago Karan had tried to bully his way to getting awards that were going to Anurag's film and today, Anurag is staunchly defending Karan Johar. How the tables have turned!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: fcuff

Udaan was a film by Anurag Kashyap's phantom films, right? Ironic, years ago Karan had tried to bully his way to getting awards that were going to Anurag's film and today, Anurag is staunchly defending Karan Johar. How the tables have turned!

Karan worked with Anurag a lot in 2010s but post Bombay velvet keeps a distance 😆

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Karen Johar surviving in this industry with absolutely no filmmaking skills is the  proof of the mediocrity of BW. We can talk about AR Rahman etc., being irrelevant, this guy should have been irrelevant for about two decades.