Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Chapter 15: After A Long Day

After Mr. Bajaj was settled in his hospital room, Prerna went to check on Sneha while Kukki stayed with her dad. Kukki was still unhappy the way everything had gone down. She felt guilty for the way she spoke to Prerna but she wouldn’t take it back. She looked at Rishabh uncomfortably lying in the hospital bed, clearly in pain. She meant what she had told Prerna. Why should her father always be the one who does everything and gets nothing but loneliness in return. The fear of losing her dad today had made her firm in her stance. She would do whatever it took to see that Rishabh was safe and happy. She would always be there for him. Prerna had the right to live her life with whoever she liked, but she couldn’t spoil their lives along the way, she wouldn’t not let that happen. Rishabh was her first priority. Kukki’s train of thought was interrupted by Rishabh. 

“What’s the matter?” he asked.

Kukki’s face softened immediately. “Nothing dad! Main toh bas esehi kuch soch rahi thi.” she grinned.

Rishabh understood her daughter better than she gave him credit for. “Acha? And that’s why since I’ve come here you haven’t said a word to Prerna?” Rishabh stated. He had caught that. Kukki had always been close to Prerna. Whenever she cried she always slept on Prerna’s lap or hugged her mother. But today they stood at two ends of his bed. 

Kukki bit her tongue. She didn’t want to stress Rishabh out. She knew he wouldn’t like to hear the reason she wasn’t talking to Prerna and he would only take her side. There was no point. “Esa kuch nahi hai dad!” Kukki said, “Hum sab kaafi darr gaye the bas. You must be in so much pain!” She said holding his hand. 

“I am okay, and I’ll be absolutely fine as long as my family is here with me.” he said, meeting Kukki’s eye. “Safe and smiling!” he added to make Kukki smile and smile, she did. 

“Thank you dad, for always taking care of us!” Kukki said emotionally. 

Rishabh didn’t understand where all this was coming from. He gave her a small smile and nodded. He wondered what was up between Prerna & Kukki or was it just in his head? 

“It’s been a tough day for you guys also,” Rishabh said realising that maybe that’s why they were acting so withdrawn, “especially Sneha.” he added. 

“Woh bohot darr gayi hogi. Itne young age mein usne itna khoon dekha. Kuch kaha usne?” Rishabh asked. 

Kukki felt a mountain of guilt unload on her fragile heart. In all of this she had hurt Sneha unintentionally. She wished she had held her tongue. That innocent child had seen Rishabh get beaten up in front of her and on top of that she had told her that she was Anurag’s child. She hoped Sneha was fine. Afterall, none of this is her fault. Kukki didn’t doubt her love for Rishabh at all. She knew that Sneha had grown attached to Rishabh and seeing him hurt and bleeding could not have been easy. She couldn’t even imagine the horror that child had faced. 

“Kukki? Sneha thik toh hai na?” Rishabh asked. 

“Haan dad!” She said with a small smile, “Actually, hum sab itne ghabraye hue the toh main usse baat nahi kar paayi, fir Prerna ne usse Veena aunty ke paas bhej diya.” she informed him. 

Rishabh nodded. “I hope she is okay. Tell Prerna to get her when she comes to the hospital.” Rishabh said. 

Kukki nodded. She decided to drop Prerna a message. Dad wants to meet Sneha. 

Prerna reached home to see Sneha lying in bed staring at the ceiling. Veena informed Prerna that Sneha had refused to eat anything. Prerna felt nervous to speak to Sneha. How would she answer all her questions? She didn’t want to outright lie to her daughter. She would get to know the truth sooner or later but was this the right time?

“Beta, chalo mumma aapke liye parathe laayi hai jaldi se khaa lo,” Prerna said, leaning over on Sneha’s side. 

“Mujhe nahi khana mumma,” Sneha said in a weak voice. 

Prerna pulled Sneha up and made her sit against her. “Pata hai papa ab uth gaye hai. Aur unhone uthte hi sabse pehle pucha ki Sneha kaha hai!” She knew that hearing about Rishabh was the only way Sneha would feel better. 

Sneha’s eyes grew wider and she looked at Prerna intently, “Toh woh ab milenge merese?” she muttered to herself, but then she stiffened and looked away. “Kya doctor uncle ne unka blood wash kar diya?” she asked. 

Prerna’s eyes filled with compassion. Poor child had to see her father covered in blood. It was a terrifying sight for Prerna only, she couldn’t imagine how much it would have impacted Sneha. 

“Papa ko chot lagi thi beta, doctor uncle ne usse clean kiya and bandage laga diya. Ab woh bilkul thik ho jayenge.” Prerna explained. 

Sneha nodded. She didn’t look very happy. Prerna really wanted to cheer Sneha up. 

“Ab agar aap jaldi se khana khaa loge, toh hum papa se milne jaa payenge!” she said.

“Mujhe nahi jana unse milne.” Sneha said, terrified. “Mujhe Kukki di se bhi nahi milna.” she added. 

“Ese nahi kehte beta,” Prerna stroked her head. 

“Kukki di burri hai. Unhone bola ki woh uncle mere papa hai.” she said innocently. 

“Esa nahi hai baby, Aapke papa aapse milna chahenge na?” 

“Mujhe bohot darr lag raha hai.” Sneha accepted innocently, “Mujhe hospital nahi jana.” she said. 

Prerna hugged Sneha tightly. She could feel Sneha’s small heart thudding loudly against her. She controlled the tears forming in her eyes. 

“Mumma aapke paas hai, aur Sneha itni strong girl hai. Usse kyun darr lag raha hai?” she asked. 

Sneha gulped. She didn’t know how to express what she felt. “Papa ko knife se maar diya tha uss aadmi ne. Sab jagah blood tha mumma. Aur--aur woh aunty ne mujhe bed se tie bhi kar diya tha. Mujhe bohot darr lag raha tha.” She fumbled to express how she felt. Her voice broke towards the end and tears escaped her eyes again. 

Prerna wiped Sneha’s tears and held her in her arms. “Pata hai, papa ne woh aunty ko bohot daata, aur Sneha ko protect kiya. Papa loves Sneha so much.” Prerna explained. “Aur jab tak aapke papa aapke saath hai, Sneha ko bilkul darne ki zarwat nahi hai, right? Toh ab hum jaldi se khana khayenge aur papa se milne jayenge.” Prerna said. 

“Mumma mujhe nahi jana,” Sneha requested, getting teary again.

Prerna thought about it and realised that maybe Sneha needs a good night’s sleep and she would feel better. “Acha baba, mat jana, chalo ab jaldi se muh kholo!” She said, taking a small piece of the paratha and feeding Sneha. Sneha didn’t eat much. Prerna made her finish dinner and put her to bed. She told Veena to take care of Sneha and sleep next to her that night.

Prerna made dinner for Mr. Bajaj herself and took it with her. She had read Kukki’s text but Sneha was not in the state to meet Rishabh. She knew he would understand. Prerna wanted to fix things with Kukki but she knew she wouldn’t be able to talk in front of Mr. Bajaj. She wondered how things had gotten so complicated suddenly. 

She entered the room and Mr. Bajaj looked towards her instantly. “Sneha?” he asked. 

“Mr. Bajaj woh-- Sneha actually bohot thak gayi thi toh--”Prerna maine tumhe message kiya tha ki dad wants to see her!” Kukki intervened. 

Prerna apologetically looked at Rishabh. “Usse kaafi neend aa rahi thi toh maine force nahi kiya.” she said. 

“Koi baat nahi,” Rishabh said, “Woh thik toh hai na?” Rishabh asked again. For some reason he was getting quite worried about Sneha. Even Kukki and Prerna were behaving so strangely. No one was smiling, there were no jokes going around. 

“Kukki, tum bohot thak gayi hogi. Maine driver ko rukne kaha hai, ghar jaake fresh ho jao. Main hu yaha Mr. Bajaj ke paas.” Prerna explained, hoping she would respect her words. 

“No thanks.” She said coldly, “I’m okay. Main dad ke paas rukungi.” she added.

Prerna sighed. She hated the fact that Kukki blamed her for Mr. Bajaj’s condition without knowing the whole story. She wished she could speak to her. 

“Kukki!” Rishabh said, “Prerna sahi keh rahi hai, you look tired. Go rest, kal aa jana.” he said. He wanted to speak to Prerna about what was going on. 

“Par dad--” Kukki retorted. 

“Come on, no arguments.” he said. “You need to get your rest.” 

Kukki was getting more annoyed. But she didn’t want to argue with Rishabh. She wished him goodnight and left the hospital. 

“Ab aapko kesa lag raha hai?” She asked, worry lines filling her forehead.

“I’m fine.” he said.

Prerna rolled her eyes, “Aap agar mar bhi rahe hoge aur koi aapse puchega how are you, you’ll say Im fine!” she muttered.

“Very funny.” Rishabh said, frowning.

“I know, I am! Thank you very much.” Prerna grinned. She felt good talking to him. For a moment she forgot about everything else.

“Bas, ab I’m genuinely fine.” He said, watching her smile. Prerna caught him stare at her and looked away with a shy smile.

Prerna took a deep breath trying to hold back her worries. She kept the tiffin on the side and sat down near Rishabh. She didn’t look up at him. She couldn’t. She was very bothered with Kukki’s behaviour and didn’t know if she should share it with Mr. Bajaj. It would only upset him more. On top of that, even Sneha was so scared she didn’t know what to do.

“Prerna?” Rishabh called out. 

“Ji,” she responded, still looking at the floor. 

“Aap nazre tabhi churaati hai jab kuch chupa rahi hoti hai.” Rishabh mentioned. 

“Esi koi baat nahi hai,” Prerna said looking towards him for a moment and then looking away quickly. 

“Kya baat hai Prerna? Please tell me. Kukki aur aap dono hi itna strangely behave kar rahe ho.” 

“Nothing at all!” Prerna smiled looking at him. 

Rishabh nodded. He knew she was lying but he didn’t have the energy to push her at the moment. His head was throbbing and his body ached. He felt very uncomfortable in the stiff plaster around his chest and stitches on his arms. 

“Prerna, aap packing start kijiye.” he said in a stern voice. He thought she was stressed about the kidnapping incident.

Prerna couldn’t believe this man. “Are you crazy?” She gasped. 

Rishabh raised an eyebrow. Did she just call me crazy? He thought  Prerna gulped. She had reacted without thinking.. 

“Sorry, mera matlab tha ki, aap hospital mein hai. You have fractures and stitches. How can you think about moving now?” 

“Because I know how I felt when I found out that Sneha was taken. I never want to feel that way again. I can’t even imagine what Sneha must have gone through. Choti bachi hai woh. Aur main jaanta hu woh abhi bhi darri hui hogi, isliye mujhse milne bhi nahi aayi.” Rishabh said, sharing his worries with his wife. 

Prerna resonated his feelings. She understood very well what he was talking about because she had felt all those things too. She looked at him with compassion-filled eyes. She held his hand in hers and said, “Mr. Bajaj, Sneha bilkul thik hai. Aur kal subah hi main usse aapke paas le aungi. Tabhi aap ko bharosa hoga. Aur aap please abhi sirf apne health pe focus kariye. Baaki sab main dekh lungi.” 

Rishabh wasn’t convinced but he also knew there was no point in arguing with her. He sighed. 

“Chaliye ab aap dinner kar lijiye, fir dawai bhi leni hai.” Prerna said. 

Prerna reclined Mr. Bajaj’s bed so he could sit straight and pulled out the table attached to the bed. She opened up the dinner she made. She served his plate and poured him a glass of water. 

Rishabh looked at the delicious food. It was his favourite, chole paratha. He took a moment to take in the aroma. And then with a subtle excitement lifted his right hand to eat. 

“Ouch!” He pulled his hand back in place. Prerna winced as if she felt his pain. 

“Aaram se, Mr. Bajaj! Uss haath pe stitches hai,” She scolded. “Wait, main khilaati hu.” she said, worry lines forming on her forehead again. 

“Nahi,” Rishabh said, “Iski zarwat nahi hai.” He said, slowly trying to lift his other hand. He felt weak but he didn’t want to make Prerna uncomfortable in feeding him. He would have to do these things himself. 

Prerna held his left hand down with one hand. “Aap ese nahi maanoge!” She declared.  

She tore off a bite of the paratha with her right hand and brought it near his mouth. 

“Prerna, aapko yeh sab karne ki zarwat nahi hai.” He explained. 

“Muh kholiye.” She said, ignoring his words. She was worried about his health and here he was being stubborn. 

Rishabh watched her nostrils flare and decided to obey his wife. She was a stubborn woman. He opened his mouth and ate quietly. 

“Aap mera--”Shh” Prerna interrupted him. “Khaate waqt baat nahi,” she added. She had had a long day and she had no energy to argue with him about dinner. 

“Mere haath mein dard ho raha hai,” Rishabh said, looking at his left hand which Prerna was holding down. 

“Oh!” Prerna said, removing her hand from over his. “Sorry.” she said. 

Rishabh watched Prerna as she fed him patiently. Today the food tasted heavenly. He had never seen this side of his wife. She looked tired, yet beautiful. And in her big doe eyes, he could only see care and worry for him. She made sure the chole wasn’t too hot. Each bite was just the right size, not too big, not too small. Everything was perfect in that moment, and even if it wasn’t really perfect, it felt that way to Rishabh. He didn’t remember the last time when someone had fed him like this. He felt happy seeing Prerna’s concern for him. These small things she did for him, only made his love stronger. 

“Aapko acha laga?” She asked after she had finished feeding him. 

Rishabh nodded, trying hard to control his facial expressions, but failing today. A small smile played on his lips. It wasn’t a smile that was going to fade anytime soon. Mr. Rishabh Bajaj had, for the first time in a very long time, felt someone’s love and care for him. 

“It was the best meal I’ve had.” he added softly. 

Prerna was surprised at his comment. He generally wasn’t so extreme in his compliments. He usually just said - nice or good. She remembered when she was ill and he took care of her. 

“So remember this meal, and next time I’m sick, mujhe bhi acha khana milna chahiye. Woh tasteless sprout salad nahi!” She made a face remembering the taste of that breakfast he had forced her to eat. 

Rishabh’s smile only widened watching Prerna make faces about the sprout salad. He loved her so much. “Health over taste, Mrs. Bajaj.” Rishabh teased her. He wanted to see that smile again. All the headache was numbed by her smile. All the discomfort was washed away by her care. 

“Acha?” Prerna said, narrowing her eyes at him. “Thik hai, kal se aapko bhi sprout salad milega!” she said sternly. 

“I don’t mind that!” Rishabh said feigning indifference. 

“Right right. Isliye toh jo insaan ek bowl sprout salad khaake uth jata tha, usne aaj teen parathe khaye!” she chirped proudly. 

Rishabh’s eyes widened. “Teen?” 

Prerna nodded cockily. 

Rishabh hadn’t eaten so much even when he was absolutely healthy. He couldn’t help but smiling at his stupid, love-struck self. 

“Kya hua?” Prerna asked. Rishabh always surprised her with these sudden smiles. She absolutely didn’t expect all this from The Rishabh Bajaj. 

“Bas yakeen nahi ho raha.” He stated. 

“Mujhe bhi,” she muttered to herself.

“Kya?” he asked. 

“Yahi ki main jab aayi thi tab itni stressed thi, and ab, muskura rahi hu!” She said with a sparkle in her eyes. 

That was the sparkle that had been missing. She felt her relation with Mr. Bajaj had suddenly changed so much. Regardless of how stressed she was just spending half an hour with him made her feel better. 

Rishabh was glad he could help. He had done all of it purposely because he couldn’t see those worry lines on her face. He wasn’t generally so chatty but he wanted to be a good friend to her at least.

“Toh kya ab aap mujhe batayengi, kya stress hai aapko?” Rishabh asked. 

Prerna looked at him and felt herself give in. His eyes were big and hopeful. She wondered whether Kukki had told him anything while she was here. Was that why he was constantly asking her? 

“Actually, Kukki bohot upset ho gayi thi aapke accident ko leke.” She gulped, not knowing exactly how much she should tell him. She didn’t want to trouble him but she couldn’t hide anything from him either. He would get to know today or tomorrow. 

“Usne aapse kuch kaha?” he asked. 

Prerna looked away. She recollected all the hurtful things Kukki had said. She didn’t want to complain to Rishabh. She knew he would get annoyed if she told him everything so she decided to filter it. 

“Kuch zyada nahi, bas I had to explain everything about Komolika and Anurag to her. Toh woh thoda upset ho gayi thi.” Prerna explained. 

Rishabh seemed confused. “But why?” 

“Mr. Bajaj, aap uske dad ho. Aur aap yaha hospital mein meri wajah se hai! Toh of course Kukki ko--”Ek minute Prerna.” He interrupted, knotting his eyebrows.

“Aap esa kyun sochti hai ki main yaha aapke wajah se hu? Komolika ki galti thi that she tried to hurt Sneha. Main apni beti ko protect kar raha tha that’s all. Isme aapki koi galti nahi hai.” He explained to her. “So please don’t have any guilt.” 

Listening to his words always made her feel like she was a lucky girl. He never blamed her for anything, even when it was her fault. He had always looked out for Prerna, even when she had not cared about him. That’s how big a heart he had. She couldn’t stop admiring Rishabh. Everyday her respect for him grew. 

“Aur agar Kukki ne aapse kuch bhi galat kaha toh I would like to apologise on her behalf.” He said holding her hand. 

“Please Mr. Bajaj! Kukki meri bhi beti hai, remember?” Prerna said, smiling again. “Usse poora haq hai mujhe kuch bhi kehne ka. Yeh hum maa beti ki beech ki baat hai, aur aap usse iss baare mein kuch nahi kahenge.” she stated. 

“Toh fir aap stress kyun le rahi hai?” he asked. 

“Woh-woh bas it’s been a long day.” she covered up. “I’m just happy ki aapko kuch nahi hua. Warna- I- I” her voice broke. 

“Mujhe kuch ho hi nahi sakta tha, aap sab ne mere liye itna pray jo kiya tha!” Rishabh said. 

“Aapko kese pata?” She asked calming herself down. 

“Ab itne time mein itna toh jaanta hu aapko.” He said smiling. 

She shyly smiled too. She couldn’t believe this man. He was in the hospital bed and yet she was the one feeling better being there with him. Little did she know, she was having the same affect on him. He wasn’t used to having someone there for him either. 

“Ab so jaye?” Prerna asked. 

Rishabh nodded. 

“Mera haath?” Prerna said awkwardly. 

Rishabh realised he was still holding onto her hand and left it immediately. He turned slightly red as she shied away. She helped him comfortably settle in bed and finally tucked him into the blanket. Rishabh’s heart was thudding loudly in his chest as she leaned over him to fix his pillow. He felt shivers in his whole body and wondered if it was because he was feeling cold. Rishabh really didn’t know how it felt to be loved. He was about to feel it for the first time.

"Agar aapko kuch chahiye hoga raat ko, please mujhe utha dijiyega!" Prerna said. 

Both of them went to sleep with a smile on their faces after a long and stressful day. Even though she was sleeping on the sofa, she was at peace. Rishabh felt relaxed knowing that someone was there for him, if he needed anything. Today he didn't control his expressions, didn't straighten his face. He slept with a big smile.

Precap: Sneha visits Bajaj. 

Hellooo my lovelies smiley31 

I updated quick didn't I? I bet it was unexpected smiley17 I hope this update wasn't boring. I actually read it many times so Im finding it quite weird. Do tell me what you think. This update was a break from all the high intensity updates. Also this is a loooong update. 

Love,

Manjari

Edited by GulaabiAakhein. - 3 years ago
Niyati_T thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Okay let’s start with Kukki, she knows that what she said to Prerna was wrong but she doesn’t want to take back those words and she shouldn’t. Ussne kuch galat nahi kaha hai, Prerna needed to know all of this. She is now guilty for having hurt Sneha (I hope that she mends her relationship with her sister at least) 

Rishabh ko theek dekhte hi Prerna apne aap better feel kar rahi hai, she knows that if he comes to know what all kukki said to Sneha he will be mad and last thing she wants is a rift between the father daughter duo isliye she is not telling him the entire truth. But jab Rishabh ko sach pata chalega he will mad at both of them! 

Despite being unwell Rishabh is still worried about his family, especially Sneha and I loved how he gauged that kid’s state of mind. He is being taken care of for the first time and he is liking it, his family is there for him ❤️

Now I am waiting for Sneha and Rishabh conversation, I know vo emotional hoga, so I am already prepared for it. Bring it on 🥺

PS: dekho Maine iss baar no gifs/ no images/ and less emojis use kiya and itna accha comment bhi likha abhi do next chapter jaldi se 😎

Edited by Niyati_T - 3 years ago
MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Kukki is feeling sad talking to Prerna harshly, but she knows that what she did is right. She can't let her father suffer after being in fear of losing him. 

But she also guilty about talking about Anurag in front of her.

Poor Sneha, she is terrified. She was kidnapped, she had to see her father getting beaten up and injured with all blood and then to listen to Kukki that someone else is her father. No wonder she doesn't want to meet anyone now.

Rishabh knows something is bothering both Kukki & Prerna. 

She fed him paratha

I loved it when he said. he went to save Sneha as she is his daughter and not for Prerna.

He has someone with him to take care of him after all these years

Lovely update Manjari, continue soon.

CutiepieHarshad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Wonderful part 

Rishabh is sweetheart 😳

Poor sneha

Please update soon 

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

Sneha 😔😔😔😔

Yaa she will take time 

Also, ankieee mere update ke baare mein bhi kuch bolo! 

Confederates thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

And here is yet another beautifully written chapter. I love prerish moments. And you do such a fab job with their scenes. 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Why didn't prerna kiss him 😒 why didn't the doc and nurse check him before putting himto sleep 😒 why didn't prerna put him to sleep 😒?? 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

why was bajju so long awake after such a huge ot procedure 

WaqtZaya thumbnail

Prerna thought about it and realised that maybe Kukki needs a good night’s sleep and she would feel better. “Acha baba, mat jana, chalo ab jaldi se muh kholo!”

Sneha it will be 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣