|| Swapnil Joshi AT: from Gopala to Dwarakadheesh!

Posted: 3 years ago

Welcome to the appreciation thread honoring Swapnil Joshi, the hero who brought Lord Krishna to life and won the hearts of audience through his stellar performance!

He first entered the show as the teenager Gopala, who was the heartthrob of Vrindavan and the beloved of the Gopas and Gopis.

He very quickly filled the shoes of Yadukul-bhushan Krishna as he kills Kans, released his parents from prison, and then went on to battle Jarasandh 13 times.

Swapnil Joshi completely immersed himself in the mannerisms of Krishna, bringing him to life in a way no other actor has done till now.

If you are a fan of his as Krishna, feel free to join us in honoring and appreciating him as we travel through this young adult phase of Krishna all over again. 

Edited by RamKiSeeta - 3 years ago

I don't know if I like him more Kush or as Krishna he is so good

He was good at Kush, but he was simply perfect as Krishna.  But then again, there's no comparison between both characters, lol. Kush was a cute, childhood role, but Krishna really challenged him in terms of his development as an actor.

Originally posted by RamKiSeeta

He was good at Kush, but he was simply perfect as Krishna.  But then again, there's no comparison between both characters, lol. Kush was a cute, childhood role, but Krishna really challenged him in terms of his development as an actor.

Completely agreed

Kush was more of a cute kid but Krishna as a role has so many variations. 

He is just so awesome

I'm so sorry I'm late to the party but that banner looks GORGEOUS Janudi!

And truly, I don't think anyone was a better onscreen Krishna than Swapnil ji! ❤️

Originally posted by proteeti

And truly, I don't think anyone was a better onscreen Krishna than Swapnil ji! ❤️

I agree Pro! He really carved a niche for himself in this role. Everything from his dialogue delivery to his expressions and acting were just perfect.

Thank you!

Originally posted by proteeti

For this serial, while I think Sarvadaman made a good Lord Vishnu, Swapnil was still a better Krishna, and it was a pity that he wasn't around when the serial resumed during the Varnavarta episodes

The true scope of Swapnil's acting came out during the political tracks following Kans' death. Although he was superb before also, he really portrayed Krishna's political side that not many shows/actors have explored. From the nuances of his expressions to the gestures, he really portrayed Krishna the Yadava prince so well! Especially in the following scenes...

Krishna convincing the Yadavas to oppose Jarasandh instead of living in fear.

That knowing smirk when the cowardly Dhritarashtra refuses to help.

That smugness after Jarasandh's infamous first defeat.

The compassion and mercy in his eyes as he reflects on the pain that his people are going through at the hands of Jarasandh.

That infamous Krishna smirk!

My famous Krishna finger pose lol

One of my fav scenes, and the most hilarious one! Krishna running from Kalyavan 😆

Swapnil played one of the best teenager/ young Krishnaji role. 

On a side note, I love Saurabh rai jain as adult Shri Krishna. Whenever they show grownup shri krishna, I starts to wish to see Saurabh hehe.

Anyways loving swapnil's acting. 

Originally posted by SoniRSippu21

Swapnil played one of the best teenager/ young Krishnaji role. 

On a side note, I love Saurabh rai jain as adult Shri Krishna. Whenever they show grownup shri krishna, I starts to wish to see Saurabh hehe.

Anyways loving swapnil's acting. 

I love SRJ as adult Krishna too! I imagine Swapnil's face for young adult Krishna and SRJ for adult.