Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MishtiNew thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Finally read it đŸ˜†

This is too beautiful!!!

Mujhe Vada pav khana hai waaaaaaa 😭😭😭

Kya misunderstanding hua tha??? I can't wait to know...

MrsRishabhBajaj thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MishtiNew

Finally read it đŸ˜†

This is too beautiful!!!

Mujhe Vada pav khana hai waaaaaaa 😭😭😭

Kya misunderstanding hua tha??? I can't wait to know...

Thanks Mishti đŸ€— Ghar pe bana lo vada pav đŸ˜†

Next chapter you'll get to know. 

jannatsara thumbnail

When will update next part??waiting dear😍  

Originally posted by: jannatsara

When will update next part??waiting dear😍  

I'm still working on it! But really soon for sure :) With the lock down I can take out more time to write!

Chapter 8: The Big Mistake.

Prerna looked at herself in the mirror. “Strong & Independent,” she told herself. Prerna knew what she had to do – get busy with work – and life would return to normal. She had a new client today. She was excited to meet her and get busy. She drove to work and reached half an hour early. Everything is good, she reminded herself.

She sat in her cabin and read her book. She loved doing research and learning new models and strategies of dealing with different patients. The new patient was an important one. She was a minister’s daughter apparently but she had suicidal tendencies. These cases really interested Prerna and she was looking forward to her first sitting.

Shivani buzzed Prerna to tell her that her new client was here. Prerna asked to send her right in. Prerna took her place on her therapist chair and pulled out a fresh file. The door opened behind her and she got up with a smile to greet her client. Her smile faded and her face lost all colour when she saw her.

“Good morning doctor, this is my sister, Komolika.”  A man walking in behind her said. Prerna recognised that face. It was the one face she never thought she would have to see again. She gulped. “Hi I’m Dr. Sharma. How are you today?” she asked wondering why all this was coming back to her in this way. Yesterday Rishabh and today this woman. She didn’t seem to know Prerna, which was a relief. “I’m good,” Komolika muttered rolling her eyes.

Komolika and Ronit sat on the couch. “Doctor, di hamesha pareshan rehti hai, she’s had a bad—“I would like to talk to the patient by myself, if you don't mind, please wait outside.” Prerna interrupted. She sighed. She would treat her like any other patient. She wouldn’t let what she saw in that room affect her. Ronit understood the cue and looked at Komolika, “Di main bahar hi hu,” he said leaving them alone.

Once they were alone Prerna looked at her patient. That face made Prerna angry. She could only remember that night when she had gone to surprise Rishabh at his office. They were so close. Rishabh was holding her by her waist and her eyes didn’t move away from his for even a moment. Her hands were caressing his hair and she looked so happy. Prerna consciously stopped her thoughts and once again tried to focus.

“So, Komolika,” she said, “how old are you?”

“26,” she said still looking at the floor.

“Okay, and do you have trouble sleeping?”

“No, I have no trouble sleeping, I just don’t sleep.” Prerna

“What is your general diet like?”

“I eat salad for breakfast, a glass of milk for lunch and fruits for dinner.” She said. “Some days I eat a full chocolate cake by myself.” She said looking up at Prerna for the first time. Prerna wondered what happened to her.

Prerna was writing down her notes.

1.    Sleep deprived, so might hallucinate. Check.

2.    Abnormal eating habits. Excessive eating to subdue anxiety? Could be guilt. Check.

“So do you feel like you’ve been a good daughter? A good sister?” she asked.

“No.” Komolika replied.

“Why is that?” Prerna asked.

“I’ve let them down, time and again, by the choices I’ve made.”

“And what choices are these?”

Komolika was quiet. She gulped.

“I can’t help you unless I know everything.” Prerna said placing a hand on her hand.

“I don’t want to be here,” she said.

It was normal for Prerna to get these kinds of comments so she didn’t take it seriously. “Look, whatever it is that is eating away at you, I can help you fight that. Sometimes you just need to open up to receive help.”

Komolika looked up wondering whether Prerna could really help but she didn’t say anything. “Okay, let’s start with something else.” Prerna decided.

“How long ago did things change?” she asked.

“What do you mean?”

“The first time when you let them down was?”

“About a year or more back. I lost one of my dad’s biggest company.” She said.

Prerna’s eyes widened. Her mind couldn’t help but think Rishabh is the reason she is here today. She couldn’t believe it. But she needed to focus. Her issues could wait. She needed to help Komolika.

“Imagine, it’s been over a year Komolika, you couldn’t change things. Let me help you and maybe we can reach a better place.” Prerna said, “Many times we make mistakes but there is always a way to fix them. You can be a good daughter now.” Prerna said trying to encourage her.

“And then what?” Komolika asked.

Prerna paused. She realised there was more than what Komolika was letting on. There was something bothering her at a deeper level.

“How did you lose that company?” Prerna asked.

Komolika’s eyes shot up at her in anger. Prerna realised that she had asked her this too fast.

“Okay, we don’t have to talk about that immediately.” She said. Prerna had witnessed resistance before so she wasn’t surprised. It was only natural not to want to open up so soon. But something inside Prerna was eager to know what happened between Komolika and Rishabh. She had heard Rishabh’s side of the story but never did she imagine it had had such a deep impact on Komolika. She also sat there wondering if Rishabh knew what he had done to this poor girl. Right now she had to first focus on Komolika. This girl really needed help.

“Doctor, can I get some sleeping pills?” Komolika asked.

Prerna nodded. “I will prescribe one for you, but Komolika, you have to want to help yourself first. Life isn’t lost in just one day. You can get back everything you’ve lost. You can do all that and more. Don’t give up.” She said.

Komolika nodded. She was unsure when she was coming for therapy. But Dr. Sharma seemed nice. She hoped things would be better for her from now. "I can get back everything I've lost?" Komolika asked.

Prerna nodded. "In terms of your self-confidence definitely. That company, maybe not. But we can build bigger ones." Komolika fell silent again.

“I’ll see you again in two days?” Prerna asked. “Twice a week for 2 months and then once a week sessions until you feel better.” Prerna smiled.

Komolika nodded. Something about Prerna’s vibe spread positivity, Komolika thought before leaving.

Rishabh needed to apologise to Anurag. He had been very rude to his only friend. Rishabh called Anurag on his way back from work. Anurag answered almost immediately.

“Hello?” Anurag said.

“Hi,” Rishabh said with a small twitch. He wasn’t good at apologising.

“It’s okay.” Anurag said knowing his friend too damn well.

Rishabh’s face softened. “Thanks for understanding.” He said.

“I try to. But you still have to answer some of my questions.”

“I’m sure you have many. That’s why I’m calling you.”

“Wah! Rishabh making time to answer my questions. I must be lucky.”

“Yeah yeah, I’m reaching your house in 10.” Rishabh said as he cut the call. It was time to fill in his friend on his past.

Anurag was a patient listener but Rishabh wasn’t big on detailed stories.

“So we met at Tamanna’s wedding for 2 days. I ended up talking to her a lot. We met again after coming back to Mumbai. It was nice with her, we dated for a couple of weeks to a month.” he smiled thinking about all the good moments. For moment he wanted to enjoy his thoughts but Anurag cut in.

“And then it ended? But I’ve never seen you get so emotional over an ex. You used to change girls every week anyway!” Anurag said remembering Rishabh’s aggressive reaction the other day.

“She wasn’t just any girl. She was THE girl.” Rishabh admitted.

“Which girl?” Anurag asked confused.

Rishabh looked at him exasperated. “Anurag! She was THE girl for me.”

“You fell in love?” Anurag gasped. Rishabh Bajaj and love? He couldn’t even imagine it. He didn’t believe the general consensus that Rishabh Bajaj didn’t have a heart but even he couldn’t believe that Bajaj knew what love was. He didn’t have an emotional hair on his body and yet Anurag had seen him shed a tear for the first time.

Rishabh was silent. He kept his eyes on the floor. It wasn’t easy for him to confess his love. They had known each other since their boarding school days and Anurag had never left his side since. Anurag’s father had financed Rishabh’s first company and for that Rishabh worshipped Moloy. When Moloy had refused to take the money back from him, Rishabh had gifted him a huge chunk of Bajaj Industry shares and involved him in the board as well.

“Rishabh,” Anurag said waving his hand in front of him. “What are you thinking?”

“Nothing,” he said. “Yes, I think I love her.”

“Love? If you still love her then why did you leave her?” Anurag asked.

“You think I would have ever left her?” Rishabh sighed. “She left me. She thinks I’m a horrible human being.”

“Hold on.” Anurag paused. “You got dumped?” he smirked. He would have laughed but when he saw that Rishabh was very serious he refrained.

“Rishabh, rewind a little, what happened?”

“Remember Chaubey International?” Rishabh asked. Anurag took a moment and then replied, “Ofcourse, woh Minister ki company that you took over about a year and a half back? How can anyone forget that! Usse hi toh Bajaj Industries took off.”

Rishabh sighed. How he wished that he hadn’t acted so rashly on that one. “Yep, everyone knows I took over that company but not everyone knows how. I was very excited for the company take over and everything had been finalised. The minister’s daughter was handling their case, kya naam tha uska? Komal or something. Last moment, she screwed me over and sent a very high price for the take-over whereas we had already decided the terms earlier, but that was verbal. She knew I would never accept that price. All the arrangements we had made and the money invested would all be gone. So then they would try and buy us out in return. A lot was at stake here.” Rishabh explained.

Anurag listened intently. He had a lot of thoughts going on in his mind. Rishabh was a chess player, he was always sure before doing anything in business then how did he let this mistake happen?

“I—I realised after meeting her twice that she was interested in me.” Rishabh said holding his head in his hand.

Anurag realised where this was going. “Shit!” he said. “You did not.. did you sleep with Komal to get the company?” he asked.

“Pagal ho gaya hai kya!” Rishabh said getting up angrily. “I would never do this to any girl.” He said.

“Toh fir?” Anurag asked. “What did you do?”

“It took me a month, but I led Komal on. I let her get close. Took her out for a few dinners to five stars and all. Made her think that I was—“crazy about her..” Anurag completed. It was typical Rishabh to charm girls who he had no intention of dating. Rishabh turned away. He knew what he did was wrong.

Anurag was not surprised at all. He knew Rishabh. He was like that since school. Every girl got close to Anurag to get to his friend. Rishabh always took them out for a few dates and dumped them. No one has ever caught his attention the way Prerna had. Love? How could Rishabh love Prerna and still do this?

“So after all this you went and told Prerna & she dumped you.” Anurag said understanding the whole thing now.

“I wish I had told her everything.” Rishabh said.

“What!” Anurag spat. “Are you serious? You didn’t tell the girl you were dating that you were pretending to date someone else. How can you be so stupid?”

Rishabh was silent. He was stupid. He knew he had made a big mistake for which he was still paying the price. But he knew Prerna. If he had told her then she wouldn’t have understood. Rishabh thought he could get away with it. It was just a harmless deal. And he had never even kissed that girl or touched her with wrong intention. She had screwed him over first and now he didn’t have another choice or he would lose a lot of money. He did what he thought was right and lost the only person he genuinely cared about.

“Wait, how did she find out?” Anurag asked.

“She came to surprise me at office one night after her clinic. She saw me getting close with Komal and left. She also then realised that I had lied to her once or twice when I was out with Komal.” Rishabh accepted. This was the worst moment of his life. The person who he had never intended to hurt. The person who was the closest to his heart, he had broken her heart.

Anurag was upset. He wanted to scream at Rishabh for what he did. But he didn’t. He held back. He could see that his friend was already suffering. He placed his arm over Rishabh’s shoulder. Rishabh sighed. “I know what you’re going to say. I was an idiot back then.” He said. He didn’t want to give any explanations. He knew Anurag, he was a man of principles and no matter how much he explained Anurag would still not understand his reasons.

“Yes, you were an idiot.” Anurag sighed. He had nothing more to say. Yes, he didn’t understand how someone could be so shrewd. Even business had limits. He played with three hearts, not one, and ended up breaking all three – Komal’s, Prerna’s & his own. He felt sympathy for Rishabh but he didn’t know how he could help him.

Rishabh had had enough. He couldn’t carry on this conversation. “So, that’s my story.” He said faking a smile at Anurag. Anurag was about to try and say something nice but Rishabh stopped him. “It’s not needed. Mujhe jhoothi tassali nahi chahiye. Aur nahi mujhe iss baare mein aur koi baat karni hai. Ab iske aage tumhe jo thik lage tum karo,” he said, “Main chalta hu.”

“Mujhe kya karna hai?” Anurag asked wondering what was his role in this. Rishabh stopped near the door and looked over his shoulder. “You wanted to consider getting married to her, remember?” he smirked before leaving.

“Are you mad!” Anurag shouted but Rishabh had already left. “Idiot!” he muttered. “I would never do this to him. And if Rishabh Bajaj kisi se pyaar kar sakta hai toh esa ho hi nahi sakta ki koi aur uss ladki se shaadi kar le. Chahe woh jo kahe, main jaanta hu woh sab kuch karega usse wapas jeetne ke liye. He’s always been a winner.” Anurag smiled.

Helloo lovely peopleđŸ€— 

Thank you for reading this fiction. Your feedback means a lot đŸ€— Also, whatever happened between Bajaj & Komolika will be properly explained don't worry. As you might have already noticed that the chapters before this were just forming the basis of the story. The story is actually beginning now once the past is all cleared. How Rishabh will get Prerna back? What role would Anurag play in this story? And how would Prerna find it in herself to accept Rishabh after what he did. đŸ˜Ž So I hope you guys are ready for a lot of drama because this FF is going to be packed with it đŸ˜†

Do leave feedback after you read the chapter đŸ˜ł

Love,

Manjari

AGAriya05 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Awesomee !!! It’s perfect in every sense and every emotion. Rishab and Anurags friendship is amazing. Update soon... eager to read👏

Aaaaa90 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Gripping part. Every part of your story is interesting. Loved RB And anu's friendship. Waiting for more prerish scenes

Niyati_T thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Rishabh is an Idiot đŸ„±

jannatsara thumbnail

At last u updated it and like always u nailed it baby.

It’s the first story where two ladies of kausati loves rishab not anurag.

I just hope during the session Prena can understand there is nothing between rishab and komol.

And update soooooon means soonđŸ€Ł

Reebamathew92 thumbnail

its so awesome, beautiful, amazing, wonderfulđŸ„°đŸ„°đŸ˜đŸ˜˜am really out of words dear this is so superb how the story is progressing wowww am so eager to read more keep writing dear love you a lot.