Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meerabnawaal25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: aquaHP

Well, they can be shown on the same level but they won't be because MishBir are the leads and that won't change. Mishti has to be the lead because she is the connecting thread between the parent show and the spin-off. I don't think KuKu are like Mishti's parents because there were multiple supporting character stories going on in the Akshara-Naitik track like Varsha-Shaurya and Rashmi-Mohit and others. I think a better comparison would be Keesh in the Kaira story but with grey-er undertones.

I personally think this show would have been better sold with an ensemble cast because Yeh "Rishtey" hain pyaar ke. Also, in the pilot, everyone had strong character traits that could have been built upon but ITV runs on the popularity of couples so we never get a successful show with an ensemble cast even if the actors are great like in this show.

Regarding the strong fan base, I wouldn't know how big the fan base is because I am not tracking it but I do follow fanpages on Instagram and according to them, the TRP does seem to increase a bit in the week when there are more KuKu scenes. So, who knows? (Pssss..the makers do!)

What I really don't get is why do we have to pit one couple against the other? I mean as a viewer, my only need is good storytelling from the makers' side and wouldn't it be great if they could show progression in relationships when they've created such diverse and interesting characters? 

I personally like both couples for completely different reasons. MishBir's relationship was built on their budding friendship and trust. Their relationship is a great way to portray the dynamics of a love marriage and how it fits in within Indian families. KuKu was built on lies but their characters are such that one characters' weakness is the others' strength. Both care too much about their families opinions and that is why they stayed in the relationship. It technically became an arranged marriage over time and I would like to see their relationship blossom with love. I don't know why most people don't want to see two completely different love stories. It's like a 1+1 offer and speaking as a stereotypical Indian here, would you reject free stuff? I mean, come on!

I agree to some  extent what you said about Yeh rishta, but reason  kuku reminds me of mishti's parent's relationship is not their character, though I feel  similarities in mishti's mom and kuhu but kunal is totally different character from  naman  and the dynamics of abir kunal relation is much more better than naman, naitik, but they way kuku fell in love and got' married, the basis of their relationship is what???? How much kunal knows about kuhu or kuhu about kunal? I remember that hasty love and decisions were taken by mishti's parents. 

Well as far as love stories are concerned, mishti and kuhu's characters are opposites , so are their lives I don't know what future holds for them bur one thing is sure, one of kuku will change, either  kuhu or kunal. And  I would appreciate if its kuhu. 

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I will take kuhu over meenu anyday😆

ruhi19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

I was going to say just that. 

Cooking kabhi kari ho ya nahi, Mishti will know everything when she steps in the kitchen because she is the lead in an ITV show. Honestly, I have never seen a female lead not being able to cook. Even when she says that she doesn't, she comes out making something perfect looking with more salt. Apparently, that's what a woman was born to do😒

Weirdly, Kuhu who follows a strict diet knows how to cook all the fatty stuff. She even made something when MishKu had a fight in the beginning.

kuhu made cake for mishti but instead of sugar she prepared it with salt...

mishti i think she has done some breakfast for everyone after kuhu's rishta rejected... aaj kal internet ka jamana hain.. YT mein dek kar banalengi... itna mat socho...   

heard both mishbir are cooking so lets see kya kya hota hain... i dont kuhu to destroy mishti's dish... it will be very cheap to her character only...

ruhi19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: meerabnawaal25

I agree to some  extent what you said about Yeh rishta, but reason  kuku reminds me of mishti's parent's relationship is not their character, though I feel  similarities in mishti's mom and kuhu but kunal is totally different character from  naman  and the dynamics of abir kunal relation is much more better than naman, naitik, but they way kuku fell in love and got' married, the basis of their relationship is what???? How much kunal knows about kuhu or kuhu about kunal? I remember that hasty love and decisions were taken by mishti's parents. 

Well as far as love stories are concerned, mishti and kuhu's characters are opposites , so are their lives I don't know what future holds for them bur one thing is sure, one of kuku will change, either  kuhu or kunal. And  I would appreciate if its kuhu. 

i agree with u... from the start they are rushing mode for kuku... kuhu is attracted for kunal and kunal for family sake he did it... 

i want it to be different for all of them.... typical daily soap i dont want to see...

meerabnawaal25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruhi19

i agree with u... from the start they are rushing mode for kuku... kuhu is attracted for kunal and kunal for family sake he did it... 

i want it to be different for all of them.... typical daily soap i dont want to see...

no no you are getting me wrong I did esay cvs are rushing with kuku story, their characters are meant to be like that,their story is meant to be like this, what I understood  is their stories are in contrast and it will remain like this, kuhu's character is like this from beginning, and I want cvs to show what they wanted to show, I don't find any drastic  change in any character like many other ITV serials

ruhi19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: meerabnawaal25

no no you are getting me wrong I did esay cvs are rushing with kuku story, their characters are meant to be like that,their story is meant to be like this, what I understood  is their stories are in contrast and it will remain like this, kuhu's character is like this from beginning, and I want cvs to show what they wanted to show, I don't find any drastic  change in any character like many other ITV serials

even i dont want any drastic change and i want kuhu toexplore her relationship with than planinga nd scheming against mishti...

keep it seperate type...

RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Im sick of everyone aag lagaying. 

Im annoyed with kuhus character so much and thats the cvs fault for constantly making her flip flop. I wish theyd show some consistsncy in her character.

But evn more im annoyed with cvs for making kuhu the weak link. She is esily manipulated. 

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xxMATSxx

Im sick of everyone aag lagaying. 

Im annoyed with kuhus character so much and thats the cvs fault for constantly making her flip flop. I wish theyd show some consistsncy in her character.

But evn more im annoyed with cvs for making kuhu the weak link. She is esily manipulated. 

Hey! 😊

I don't know if her character is being made to flip flop. I actually like that they are showing her as someone with morals and her constant struggle with how to feel in a situation where Mishti is involved. I have never seen characters being developed at this level in any other ITV show. It's either completely positive or completely negative. After the promo, I was pretty sure she would be made black but I am really happy that the makers are showing her struggle and letting her be a grey character.

I do feel her being an easily manipulative person is a character trait because otherwise she wouldn't have fallen into Kunal and Meenakshi's traps. It's how her character has been written. 

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

It's a humble request. Please no negative comments🙏. 

This topic subject has two meanings - one metaphorical and one rhetorical.

Let's get the metaphorical one out of the way first. Hayee! I wish it was that easy to get rid of this drama thirsty Jasmeet. Can she stop lying that she cares about Kuhu? She just wants to hurt Mishti and Kuhu is the zariya to achieve that goal. Koi pyaar nahi hai Chachi ji ki taraf se. After seeing this week's episodes, I am convinced that Kuhu ki insecurities ko bachpan se hawa dene me isi ka haath raha hai. Ek baar ke liye I was like theek hai, itne saalon me jo bigaadna tha, wo to bigaad diya. Ab to hawa hi de sakti hai. Kuch naya nahi hoga but then she attacked Parul maasi and I was like "You stay away from the Parul-Kuhu bond!!! Ye saas bahu ki jodi chahiye mujhe." Arre tum apne bete ki wajah se chidi hui ho to jao na uske paas. Sambhalo use. Yahaan aag Kyun laga rahi ho🤷🏻‍♀️

Moving on to the rhetorical because I have no patience or the mood to concentrate on Jasmeet. Mere KuKu aur MishBir!!❤️ Kya cute the aaj ke saare scenes inke!!! It's a humble request to the makers and CVs to please stop with your kitchen politics drama. I want to enjoy both the love stories. Kahaan milegi ye variety ki ek hi baar love aur arrange marriage ko evolve hote hue dekh sake hum??

Someone lock MishKu in a room till they both sort things out so that I can get my two love stories and the siblings bond😵😵

I'm sorry everyone else but aaj fir ye dono bhai dil le gaye🙈. That shaayari and the way Abir said "I am not a strong guy" and hugged BP😭❤️. And aaj koi kuchh bhi keh le, star of the show was Ritvik's expressions🤣👏. I love this irritated Kunal just wanting to spend time with his wife. Add the #RomanticRajvansh to the #ChidokloChokro and you can see me in a puddle☺️

Okay! I'm gonna go back to Romance land skipping all the blah blah in between. Also, people, just think how much cuteness we could get if MishBir and KuKu fans became #partners. Gonna go back to swarglok now☺️

Jasmeet really needs to go join her son and husband, where ever they are.smiley37 No wonder they all left including her in-laws. She is a troublemaker, the Meenu like figure in the Mah's house but have not reached that height where she can stomp around and brandish a finger saying 'Ma Ambe ke kasam...' So she does it on the sly. How horrible. I really don't have anything to say, she is like a mosquito, you swat them and forget them the moment they are out of your sight!smiley37 Ok, all I will say she is a device and a weak one at that. (come on writers, get more creative).

KuKu/Misbir - are mirrors really. Also to give that angle of two relationship similar on the outside but worlds apart inside. If Misbir are positive then KuKu are 'shades of grey'. At one point they were going to be antagonists of Misbir lovestory but I guess the writers had a change of heart and dropped that. Makes sense if they wanted to do the mirror imagery of the relationships. One story where both couple got to know one another, fell in love and then got married, jumping over hoops to cling onto one another no matter what, the other couple were floundering, did not know what love was neither cared much about it as they both had different visions of it in their head. Instead of holding on, they waged war. So two stories, mirror of one another. Now they are slowling coming to the meeting line and it would be interesting to see if they become one unit or opposites. Becoming one unit, with all four bringing in their own unique perspective would be interesting but I guess that is never happening in an indian show.