Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2111_shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: coderlady

New reader here. Just caught up with the story. Finally the engagement is happening.

Thank you and welcome aboard!😃

Taanirey2101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2111_shweta

Yup they do understand each other really well.

Passion?

Well wait for the next part😉

Ya  , by this emoji 👉🏻😉  i assume that we will get some passionate moments ☺️☺️😍

2111_shweta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taanirey2101

Ya  , by this emoji 👉🏻😉  i assume that we will get some passionate moments ☺️☺️😍

Haan haan bilkul😉

sumana.shesha thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Superb update ...

Loved it ....

Glad that Armaan and Rey ka fight khatam hua ...

Eagerly waiting for Taarey engagement ...

Update soon ...

Thanks for the PM ...

😊😊😊

2111_shweta thumbnail

January 9, 2020

You're all invited!

Edited by 2111_shweta - 4 years ago
Trisha49 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Haaye ye invitation!

Dil aagaya yaar❤️❤️

Trisha49 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

And the date makes it so real! That fact that's it's aaj, bro real time feels☺️🥳

Mrunmayee02 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: 2111_shweta

January 9, 2020

You're all invited!

Hayyyyeeee😍😍😍😍

Kitna sundar hai ye♥️♥️♥️

Mrunmayee02 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Trisha49

And the date makes it so real! That fact that's it's aaj, bro real time feels☺️🥳

Yea...7 yrs for confession❤️

2111_shweta thumbnail

She looked at the ring on her finger and then at him.

He pulled the ring out and walked away.

“Purvi tu yahan kya kar rahi hai?” Her mother asked with concern.

“Papa kahan hai?” Purvi questioned.

“Kya hua beta?” She asked again.

“Papa kahan hai?” Purvi repeated, louder this time.

“Purvi?” Her dad came out of his room. “Tu kab aayi?”

“Mujhe aap dono se baat karni hai.”

“Itni raat ko?” Her dad narrowed his eyes at her.

“Haan abhi and you have no other option than to listen!” She pointed at the chairs.

“What’s going on?” Her dad asked.

“You have no idea what this is about?” She scoffed.

“Agar tumhe uss Arjun ke baare mein baat karni hai toh please rehne do. We are not going to approve him for you.” He stated.

“I haven’t come here to seek your approval. It’s high time I stand up for my own.”

“Purvi yeh kya bol rahi ho tum?” Her mother tried to intervene.

“Bolne do. Hum bhi dekhe usne kitna bigada hai meri bachchi ko.” Her dad taunted.

“Aapko jaanana hai ki usne kya kiya hai? Let me elaborate it for you.” Purvi flared her nostrils trying to contain the anger inside her. “He was there for me when I had no one. I was alone when he came into my life. He has been my support system. He took me home with him when I missed the love and care of parents. His parents accepted me without any questions of who I was, you know why because that made him happy! I made him happy. I was happy when I was with him. You asked me to stay away from him. And guess what he agreed with no questions asked. He was struggling so I wouldn’t have to. He gave up everything for me when he left the city. Why? Just so you could start talking to me again.”

“Galati tumhari thi. Tumhe jhoot nahi bolna chahiye tha!” Her dad interrupted.

“Don’t you get it? Mujhe abh koi farak nahi padta of what you think of us. I have made my decision. A lot of people have suffered for me. Arjun left his life behind, Taani took me in when my own parents left me stranded and Rey, he has no connection to me, yet he gave me a place in his company so that I could stand back on my feet. Aap bolte ho na ki Arjun is not worthy enough for me. But from what I see, you two are not worthy enough to be parents!”

“Purvi!” Her mom got up and slapped her.

“Bura laga na? Socho mujhe kaisa laga hoga jab mere khud ke maa baap ne mujhe akela chod diya. Agar voh sab nahi hote na meri life mein toh shayad aaj mein kisi road pe padi hoti.” Purvi continued controlling her tears.

“Tune itna bola par yeh kaise bhool gayi ki tune humse jhoot bola tha. Jhoot bol ke ghar se bhaag gayi thi tu!” Her dad got up as well.

“Mujhe bolna pada kyunki aap meri shaadi karaane ja rahe the. Was that fair?”

“Voh atcha ladka tha. Atche khandaan se tha.” Her mother explained.

“Par meri pasand ka toh nahi tha na! Uss rishte se koi khush nahi rehta.”

“Tumhare iss Arjun ko hum jaante bhi nahi hai. Uske liye kaise haan kar de hum?” He argued.

“Then get to know him! Milo usse!”

“Call him here!” He demanded.

“You wish!” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Humse aise baat karne ussi ne seekhaya hoga tuhje.” Her mother reprimanded.

“Pity card? Really?” Purvi looked at her.

“Tu usse yahan bulayegi, hum milenge uss se aur phir decide karenge if he should be with you.” Her dad stated.

“Mein yahan kisiko nahi bulane wali. Parso subah meri flight hai. Agar aap dono mujhse thoda bhi pyaar karte ho toh yeh raha invitation. Taani ki engagement pe aana sabse milwaungi. If you decide not to come, then this is the last conversation we ever have. Goodbye and have a good life!” Saying so she left the house.

Purvi sat staring out of the hotel room looking at the moon hiding behind the clouds. She knew she was harsh with her parents but that was her only chance. She didn’t want her friends to make any more sacrifices for her. Arjun has done a lot for her. Nothing could ever compare to that. Taani too altered her life making place for her to live and also provide a friend like Rey who literally saved her from herself.

“I am indebted to them for life.” She said as a lone tear escaped her eyes.

She looked at her cellphone which was buzzing continuously. She finally decided to pick it up.

“Thank god you picked up your phone. Where the hell are you?” She heard Taani’s voice from the other end.

“I’m fine Taani.” She responded.

“I know tujhe Arjun ke baare mein pata chala, but we had to keep it from you.” Taani tried to make her understand.

“As that was the only way I would have agreed to work at SRS. I can understand.” Purvi smiled lightly.

“Please tell me where you are. I’ll come and get you.” Taani said.

“Mein theek hoon Taani. Don’t worry about me. From what I can hear, you seem busy.” Purvi referred to the crying noise of a baby and others cooing.

“Bhabhi just gave birth and my niece is just too adorable!” Taani couldn’t help but smile widely looking at the baby girl.

“Congratulations! Tu finally bua ban gayi. You need to be there with that doll and not worry about my whereabouts.”

“I’m serious Purvi. Tell me where you are. I can ask Rey to pick you up.”

“Let the poor guy sleep. Mein parso aa rahi hoon. I promise.”

“Where are you right now?” Taani demanded.

“Ghar aayi hoon. I had to resolve a few matters.” Purvi stated sternly.

“What’s going on?”

“Mein aake sab batati hoon. Just know that I’m safe.”

“Okay.”

“Also please can you let Arjun know that I’m fine.”

“Yeah sure.”

“Tu abhi tak yahin hai?” Juhi folded her arms across and looked sternly at Rey.

“Maa aaj possible nahi hoga. Bhai extra kaam deke gaye hai.” Rey tried to chicken out.

“Aaj chutti hai office ko!” She glared at him.

“We are still working. You know this is important for us.” He told her.

“Rey, I’m done listening to your excuses. You are going to meet Sneha along with Taani and finalize everything. I don’t want any excuses and I want this to be done today itself!” Juhi turned on her heels and left.

“Reyansh Singhania mummy ki daant se darr gaya!” Rey heard a few chuckles and shook his head smiling.

“Khatam hogaya holiday tum sab ka?” He turned to look at the gang.

“Of course! Teri engagement miss thodi karni hai hume.” Vicky came forward and slapped his back.

“Good!” Rey put his arm around Vicky's shoulder and squeezed it tightly. “Since you guys are here. Why don’t you help me? I have to be somewhere with Taani so why don’t you be good old lads and take this to the office and help Sharon and Swayam with whatever they ask.” He slapped the file on Vicky’s chest.

“Sure why not.” Simmi freed Vicky from Rey and put his arm around her shoulder. “But first we have to discuss something important.”

“Yes!” Nil took Rey’s other arm on his shoulder and they both dragged him to the couch.

“What is going on?” Rey tried to get up.

“Sit!” Neha forced him back down and held him on his place. He tilted his head back to see her and she narrowed her eyes at him warning him to stay put.

“We were thinking of giving you some surprise and then came up with this.” Amar smirked and looked at Aashi.

“Which is?” Rey looked at her.

“Itne kyun utaavle ho rahe ho? Batayenge, sab kuch batayenge.” Vicky smirked.

“We are throwing you a bachelor party tonight.” Nil told him.

“A what?” Rey asked surprised.

“You know something like this.” Aashi went forward and straddled him. “Bedardi raja, zara pas toh aaja, mein toh phool chadi hoon.” Aashi rose up and pinned him to the couch by his neck. “Maachis tu jalaa jaa.” She sang smirking at him.

“Oh really?” Rey smirked back and grazed his hands on her hips.

“Ew Rey stop!” Aashi broke out of character.

“Kaise actors hai tere. Acting bhi dhang se nahi aati.” Rey taunted Nil.

“Shut up okay! We are going out tonight and I’m not moving until you say yes!” Aashi sat on his lap.

“Well Aashi, my darling, I’m busy today so no!” He tried to lift her up, but she stayed put.

“Like I said not moving till you say yes.”

“Okay fine.” Rey gave in. “But not today. We can go tomorrow.”

“That’s like a good boy!” Aashi corrected his shirt.

“Tujhe badi masti sujh rahi hai.” He smirked and got up. She locked her legs behind his back to save herself from falling.

“Teri lene mein maza aati hai.” She said as she got down.

“Yeh file leke please office jao. I have to lea.. Taani?” He turned to the door and found her waiting by it. “Tu kab aayi?” He asked her.

“Bas abhi.” She replied. “We should go. We’re late.” She turned and left.

“That was weird.” Rey muttered to himself and left behind her.

“You both need to finalize this. There’s not much time left.” Sneha instructed them.

“Ho toh gaya sab aur kya baaki hai?” Rey asked.

“Kapde and most importantly rings!” Sneha reminded him.

“That’s on the agenda for today.” Taani told her.

“Aur kapdon ki bas fitting baaki hai. Which is your work. All that we have left is choosing rings!” Rey arched his brow.

“Aur jo last minute changes karwaye hai tumne voh?” Sneha asked in the same tone.

“Tumne kaha tha ho jayega sab kuch.” He reminded her.

“Ek minute kya changes?” Taani asked him.

“Yahi ki tumhare lehenge ka color pink hoga not red.” Sneha told her.

“First, that’s not a minor change and second, why didn’t you tell me?” Taani glared at Rey.

“Arre tum hi toh uss din chidh rahi thi ki red lehenga nahi chahiye. I just conveyed your message to her.” Rey replied nonchalantly.

“You heard that?” She asked surprised.

Taani was arguing with Shivam on the color of her engagement clothes. She wanted a pink one but everyone else kept telling her that red will complement more considering Rey was wearing black. She tried her best to convince her family, but except for her mother, she couldn't get others to agree with her. In the end, she had to say yes to red.

“Kahan kho gayi?” Rey clicked his fingers in front of her.

“No one wants me to wear pink.” She spoke.

“It is your day and you get to decide what you wear!” He ended the discussion.

“Yes he called me that day itself and asked me to change it to pink.” Sneha informed Taani. “I had sent him the updated design, didn’t he show it to you?”

“Design is the same. Plus I wanted it to be a surprise for her. Thanks for ruining it!” He glared at Sneha.

“Sorry.”

“Rey.” Taani looked at him lovingly.

“Chale? Rings leni hai.” He smiled back at her.

“Wait!” Sneha stopped them. “Yeh invitation packages ka kya? I shipped three, what about these two baskets?”

“Tu abhi tak nahi gayi?” Rey looked at Taani.

“I’m scared. What if they don’t accept it?” She muttered.

“Send it to my place, we are going there tonight!” Rey informed Sneha and left with Taani.

“Kuch dusra nahi hai aapke paas?” Taani asked looking up from a table full of rings.

“Ma’am hum aapko sab designs dikha chuke hai. What kind of ring are you looking for?” The salesman asked.

“I don’t know!” She sighed.

“Chal let’s go to another showroom.” Rey got up and pulled her with him.

“We’ve been to every showroom in this city.” She huffed as she followed him out.

“One last.” He cheered her.

“Mujhe koi bhi ring pasand kyun nahi aa rahi?”

“Because you are fixated on that one.” He shook his head at her.

“Hass lo tum bhi. But even you know that was pretty.” She pouted.

“Yeah it was, but they stopped making them. We are not going to find that design.” He tried to reason.

“Mujhe nahi karni engagement!” She huffed and sat in the car.

“Aur log bolte hai ki mein ziddi hoon!” He mumbled and got in as well.

“Mujhe ghar jana hai.” She whined.

“Taani, luv, please let’s go to this place. Agar wahan bhi tumhe kuch pasand nahi aaya then.. we’ll see.” He kissed the back of her hand.

“I’m not going to cancel the engagement. Don’t worry.” She held his hand.

“Mumma ne mujhe kaha tha to not look at photos online. She knows how I sometimes fall in love with something and then I’m hell bent on buying it. But I didn’t listen to her. Dekha uska result!” She sulked.

“You know what, forget about the rings for a while.”

“Then what should I think of?” She asked.

“Umm.. think of what you’ll say to your sisters when you meet them.” He suggested.

“Rey aaj hi jana jaroori hai kya? I’m having a crappy day today!” She sulked.

“No more thinking about the rings!” He glared at her.

“Ugh!” She groaned. “Okay. Umm.. I don’t know what to say.”

“You’ll be meeting them after seven years. Are you sure you have nothing to say?” He looked at her.

“I do have a lot to say. But I’m just not sure if they’ll be happy to see me as well.” She gave him a sad smile.

“And why do you think so?” He asked.

“I almost ruined di’s life. I don’t know how to face her.”

“God Taani! When did you become so negative?”

“I’m not joking Rey. Why do you think that I haven’t gone to meet her? I’ve known their whereabouts for a year now.”

“I would suggest you not bring this up warna voh pakka tumse baat nahi karengi.” He stifled his laugh.

“You think all this is funny?” She gave him a side eye.

“No, it isn’t.” He straightened up. “I’m just trying to cheer you and for some reason nothing is working today.”

“Maybe it's because my engagement is in a few days and I still haven’t found a ring for myself. Or maybe because my best friend is not here with me and she might have taken a step which may end up in me not seeing her for the rest of my life. Or worst, I’m so terrified of seeing my sisters that I still harbor the fear of my presence ruining their lives!” She vented.

“I’m asking you to not worry about the rings for now. Purvi, she will be fine. And about your worst fear, well, there’s only one way to find out!” He stopped the car and she looked outside. They were outside her sister’s place.

“What are we doing here?” She panicked on seeing the building, whose address she was carrying for a year, in front of her.

“We are here to meet your sisters.” He turned sideways and faced her. “Let’s go.”

“We can’t. We don’t have those packages.” She argued.

“Sneha gave them to me while leaving as we were coming here today.” He pointed at the back of the car.

“I can’t. Please don’t make me go in there.”

“Taa..” He tried to say.

“Please Rey.” She held both his hand and started sobbing.

“Okay fine. We won’t go in. But..”

“No.”

“Sunn toh le poori baat!” He wiped her tears. “I’ll go inside the gates and send these up. If they come down, which I know they will, you’ll get your answer.” He cupped her face. “Hmn?”

“Okay.” She agreed. “But I’ll wait inside the car.”

“Theek hai.” He kissed her forehead and left.

He rang the bell and waited patiently for the door to open.

“Yes?” A girl opened the door and narrowed her eyes at him seeing the wrapped baskets in his hands.

“Ambar?” He asked guessing her name by her age. She definitely looked about Taani’s age.

“That’s me. Who are you?” Ambar questioned.

“These are for you and your sister Anamika.” He forwarded the baskets.

“We didn’t order it.” She said.

“Kaun hai Amby?” A man came out.

“Pata nahi jeej. He says this is for Anu di and me.” She opened the door wide.

“What’s that?” He came forward and asked.

“It’s an invitation.”

“For?”

“Engagement.”

“Kiski?”

“Meri aur.. Taani ki.” Rey replied.

“Kiski?” Rey heard another female voice from inside the house.

“Taani.” Rey smiled at her.

“And who are you?” She asked.

“I’m Rey. It would mean a lot to Taani if you attend our engagement, Anamika di.”

“Yeh sab kya mazak hai?” She furrowed her brows.

“Koi mazak nahi hai yeh.”

“Jaan I’m sure yeh Abhay ki koi chaal hai. He’s found out where we live, and he wants to torment us yet again.”

“Nahi Parth.” Anamika shook her head as she saw Rey flare at the mention of Abhay's name.

“No di, jeej is right. Agar Taani ko pata hota ki hum yahan rehte hai toh voh humse milne jaroor aati.” Ambar said.

Rey broke into a smile on hearing Ambar's words. “Abhay is not involved in any of this. And trust me when I say this, if I ever see him again I’m going to change the structure of his face!”

“How do we know that you’re telling the truth?” Anamika asked him.

“There is a black scorpio parked outside the gates. Go down and check for yourself.” He said. “Taani loves you two a lot. But her stupid little mind is not ready to come out of the past.” Rey rolled his eyes.

Ambar narrowed her eyes at him and was about to say something when his phone rang.

“Please hold this for me.” Rey gave one basket to Parth and picked up the call. “Yes luv?”

“Rey kidhar ho tum? I told you that today is not the right day for anything. Just come out. Mujhe mera answer mil gaya.” Taani trembled.

“Taani I swear if you say one more negative thing today, I’ll make sure it becomes the worst day of your life!” He flared at her.

“I’m sorry.” She quickly apologized gauging his anger. “But please come out. I can’t sit here alone.”

“I’ll be there soon.” He ended the call and let out a deep breath to calm himself.

“Itna gussa aisi fizool ki baat pe Taani hi dila sakti hai.” Anamika smiled at Rey.

“Has she always been like this?” He huffed.

“She worries a lot, rarely expresses it and all of that bursts out some day and the result is what you’re experiencing.” Ambar smiled. “Have you been troubling her a lot?” She teased.

“No way!” Rey denied. “But please can you two go down and get her. Because mere bulane pe voh aane se rahi.” Rey pleaded the ladies.

“Abhi kuch bolegi bhi ya aise chup baithi rahegi?” Anamika looked at Taani. All five of them were seated in the living room.

“I missed you.” Taani sniffed.

“Pagal.” Anamika hugged her.

“Kaisi ho?” Ambar asked her.

“Good.” Taani smiled at her.

“I’ll go inside. You guys talk. Meri wajah se uncomfortable mat feel karo.” Parth got up seeing Taani hesitant to speak.

“Arre dude chill. Yeh itni jaldi comfortable nahi hone wali. And if you leave every time she feels uncomfortable toh phir best of luck, you’re never going to be in the same room as her.” Rey joked.

Taani jammed her elbow on his sides making him wince in pain.

“Taani?” Anamika looked at her in surprise.

“Yeh roz ka hai, relax.” Rey told Anamika.

“Mein tumhe roz maarti hoon?” Taani glared at him.

“Every alternate day, yes!”

“You’re fun! I already like you.” Ambar laughed.

“Mera charm hi kuch aisa hai.” Rey raised his collar.

“Iski baato pe mat ja, bohot chalu cheez hai yeh. Aisi baate karke hi mujhe phasaya hai.” Taani smirked at him.

“I’m so happy for you.” Anamika’s eyes glistened seeing them.

“Di aap kyu ro rahi ho?” Taani held her hand.

“Tumhe, chote papa, choti maa aur Shivam ko bohot miss kiya humne.” She tightened the hold.

“Di ke shaadi ke ek mahine baad voh yahan shift huyi aur mein bhi aagayi unke paas. Since that day we broke ties with our past. Chote papa ke baare mein bhi hume unke jaane ke ek saal baad pata chala. We had come to Jodhpur, but you had left by then. I had lost all hopes of ever seeing you.” Ambar broke down.

“Amby, Taani is here with us now. Kyun peechli baaton ko yaad karke dukhi hona hai. She is starting a new life. Let’s help her start it on a happy note.” Parth comforted Ambar.

“Your presence on the occasion is going to make us happy.” Rey got up.

“Tum kahan chale?” Taani squinted at him.

“Itne saalon baad mili ho tum sabse. Spend some time with them.”

“Aur humara adhoora kaam?”

“Voh kal bhi ho sakta hai.” He walked to the door.

“Rey.” Taani stopped him. “Thank you.” She ran and hugged him.

“You don’t have to thank me luv.” He placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Tum pakka ja rahe ho?” She asked him again hoping for a different answer.

“Haan.” He nodded. “Oh..”

“Kya hua?”

“Tum Shivam ya aunty ko call karke bata dena ki tum yahan ho before your brother comes and murders me.”

“What’s fun in that?” She bit her tongue.

“Bye. Take care.” He shook his head and left.

“Good morning luv.” Taani felt a kiss on her cheeks and she stirred in her sleep smiling at the sound of his voice.

“Rey?” She woke up the next instant and placed her hand on her racing heart on seeing him by her side. “Tum mere room mein kya kar raho ho?”

“Good morning sleeping beauty, aaj uthne ka koi plan hai?” He asked laughing at her shocked face.

“I was up all night talking. Subah jeeju ne ghar choda mujhe. Abhi mujhe bohot neend aa rahi hai.” She fell back on the bed and covered her face with her comforter.

“Theek hai soti raho. Hum engage bina rings ke hojayenge.” He taunted and left her room.

“Kya hua? Uthi?” Tanya asked him as he came out.

“Haan.” Rey laughed.

“Juhi bata rahi thi ki tum dono ne abhi tak koi ring pasand nahi ki hai.” Tanya informed.

“Aunty aap kyun tension le rahi ho. Everything is under control.” He assured her.

“If you say so. By the way, thanks for yesterday.” She ran her hand on his head.

“Aapki beti se pyaar kiya hai. Itna toh kar hi sakta hoon uske liye mein.” He grinned at her.

“Makkhan khane mein hi atcha lagta hai. Bolo kya chahiye?” She smiled knowingly at him.

“Bohot bhook lagi hai. Please kuch atchasa banake khila do.” He pouted.

“Banati hoon kuch.” She went in the kitchen.

He decided to go and check on Nikki and her daughter next doors. After spending some time with them he had lunch with Taani, Tanya and Shivam. Then Rey and Taani left with a hope to finally get the ring they desired.

“Which showroom is left in Mumbai jahan hum nahi gaye kal?” She asked him.

“Ek hai.” He answered and kept driving.

“Atcha tell me one thing.” She looked at him.

“Kya?”

“Yeh jo aaj tumhari bachelor party hai wahan pe kya karne ka irada hai tumhara?”

He mentally smirked at her question and said, “wahin jo sab karte hai.”

“Kya?”

“Ek haath mein daaru ek haath mein ladki, aage you know..”

“Rey!” She glared at him.

“Aaj yeh jealous face bhi dekhne mil gaya tera.” He chuckled.

“Buzz off!” She turned her head to the window.

“Arre mazak kar raha tha mein. And it’s not a bachelor party. It’s a normal party. We used to do it on a regular basis then. Bas reminiscing those days. Tum bhi aajao.”

“Whatever! I’m not interested.”

“I was joking yaar Taani.” He held her hand.

“I don’t like such jokes.” She sulked.

“Sorry.” He squeezed her hand.

“Yeh showroom aur kitni durr hai.” She asked changing the subject.

“We are almost there.”

“I said no because you should spend some time with your friends alone. Jabse voh log aaye hai, everytime you’ve hung out, I’ve always been there. You should reminisce your old days with them.” She explained after a while.

“Thank you.” He smiled at her.

“You don’t have to thank me luv.” She winked at him.

“Hayye!” He placed his hand on his heart and grinned wide.

“We’ve already been here!” Taani looked at Rey baffled as they halted outside the showroom where they had first come.

“Come.” He got out and opened her door.

“Par?”

“Chalo!”

“We didn’t find what we were looking for here. Ek din mein kya change hone wala hai?” She argued as they walked in.

“Ek din mein duniya gol ghumti hai. Yeh toh bas ek showroom hai!” He chuckled.

“Hello sir, hello ma’am how can I help you?” The person at the desk welcomed them.

“I’m here to collect an order under the name Reyansh Singhania.” Rey told him.

“You placed an order?” Taani looked wide eyed at him.

He nodded. She kept glaring at him.

“Sir can I see your ID please.”

“Sure.” Rey showed him the ID and took the parcel from him.

He walked out of the showroom and moved to the parking area. Taani followed suit. He smiled looking down at the box in his hands.

“You placed an order for a ring and didn’t even think it necessary to tell me?” She stopped him and yelled. There was no one in the parking lot, not even many cars. Her voice echoed.

“No.”

“No?” She asked baffled.

“This is supposed to be a surprise for you.” He said. “Chilla kyun rahi ho?”

“Surprise? You asked Sneha to change the color of my lehenga to pink and decided to keep it from me, I can understand that. But this? Tumne ring order kar di? Ek baar pucha bhi nahi ki mujhe kaisi ring chahiye?” She yelled.

“Lehenga ka color meine tumhare pasand ke hisaab se change karwaya. Why do you think I wouldn’t take into consideration your likes before ordering the ring?” He yelled back.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

He hastily removed the ring from the box and put it around her finger. She looked at the ring on her finger and then at him. He pulled the ring out and walked away. He opened the door of his car and tossed the rings inside, banging the door shut.

“Rey.” Taani ran to him. “How? This was not available on the market anymore.”

“I got in touch with the makers and requested them to make it for us. They somehow agreed to it. Mein tumhe batane wala tha par kal jab meine dekha ki your heart has fallen for this design I decided to keep my mouth shut and surprise you with it today. Think what you want but I do care about you!” He yanked her towards him and held her, digging his fingers in her arms.

She threw her arms around him and cried hugging him.

“I’m sorry Rey. Please mujhe maaf kardo.”

“I’m not angry at you.” He separated her from him.

“Yes you are angry.” She cupped his face. “I know you care for me. But with all things going around, I’m just paranoid.”

“Stop worrying so much Taani. It’s not going to help you.”

“Please forgive me Rey!” She started crying.

“Shhh.” He hugged her tight letting her cry in his arms.

“I’m sorry.” She kept repeating.

“Taani.” He soothed her back.

“Tell me that you’ve forgiven me!”

“I’m not angry at you. Par agar abhi tune rona band nahi kiya toh sachme gussa hojaunga.” He warned and she stopped in the middle of her sniffing. “Pagal.” He chuckled as he saw her holding her breath.

“I love you.” She smiled at him.

“I’m not going to say it back unless you promise me that you’ll not cry over this and go home and rest.” He looked at her and she nodded yes.

He drove her back home. In the car, she kept admiring the rings. They didn’t speak any words, but their hearts sang seeing the smile on each other’s face. He stopped below her building and she got off.

“Taani.” He got out as well. She turned to look at him. “I love you.” He opened his arms wide for her.

She came running into his arms and crashed her lips on his. She poured her heart out in the kiss.

“Whachyu thinking?” Sid peeked inside Taani’s room.

“Nothing. Andar aa.” Taani called him in.

“Tujhse ek baat puchni hai.” He went in and sat beside her.

“Kya?”

“Tujhe pata hai na ki tu Mumbai mein rehti hai?” He asked.

“What?” She furrowed her brows at him.

“Broad daylight mein building ke neeche aise kiss kar rahi thi. Socha pooch loon.” He said tongue in cheek.

“You saw?” She widened her eyes at him.

“I’m pretty sure a lot of others saw you too.” He smirked.

“No!” She covered her face in embarrassment.

“Isme sharmaane wali kya baat hai?” He removed her hands from her face. “In fact you should be relieved ki meine Shivam ko rok liya time pe.”

“Bhai saw?” Her eyes popped out.

“Hum dono balcony mein the when I saw you running into Rey’s arms. Shivam ka dhaayn jaane se pehle meine usse andar kheench liya. Imagine if he had seen you two kiss!” Sid chuckled.

“Bhai would have murdered me!” She laughed as she recalled Rey’s words.

“Not to pry but what was the reason for that hug? You seem to not stop smiling since then. Isme koi burayi nahi hai, but still.” He nudged her.

“Wait.” She got up from the bed and opened her cupboard. She pulled out the rings and went and sat next to Sid. “Yeh raha reason.”

“Ahaan ring finally select hogayi.” He smiled opening the box. “Yeh toh?” He widened his eyes at her.

“Wahi hai.” She grinned at him.

“How? Didn’t they stop making these?” He asked. Taani had showed him the picture of the ring earlier and they both had loved it.

“They made a last one for us!” Her grin grew wide.

“Lehenge ka color change karwa liya abh ring bhi pasand ki mil gayi. Teri toh lottery lagi hai!” Shivam said from the door.

“Bhai? Aapko kaise..?”

“Voh Shivam aur mein gaye the aaj subah milne teri wedding planner se aur udhar voh tera lehenga dikha. Shivam blasted at her ki usne same design ka dusra kaise banaya. Tabhi she told us.” Sid informed.

“Bhai mein..” Taani looked at him as he came and sat next to them.

“Bata nahi sakti thi?” Shivam asked her.

“Bataya toh tha.” She pouted.

“Change karwaya voh.”

“Mujhe khud kal pata chala.” She told him.

“Aur kya changes karwaye hai voh bhi bata de. Faltu ka Sneha pe jaake mujhe wapas nahi chillana.”

“Meine toh kuch nahi karwaya. Rey ka I can’t say. He is hell bent on giving me surprises the last couple of days.” Taani shook her head.

“Hai kahan voh?” Sid asked.

“Shivam.” Tanya called for him.

“Aaya.” He got up and left.

“Friends ke saath bahar gaya hai.” Taani answered Sid as Shivam left.

“Matlab bachelor party ki khabrein sahi thi?” Sid chuckled.

“What?” She eyed him.

“Haan mera bhi reaction kuch aisa hi tha. Engagement ke pehle kiski bachelor party hoti hai. But then again yeh log pagal hai, kuch bhi karte hai.” He laughed.

“Aur kya kya pata hai tumhe?”

“Wahi sab jo aisi parties mein hota hai.” He winked at her.

“Shut up okay!” She hit him. “Rey aisa nahi hai.”

“Oh hello madam tera Rey koi saint nahi hai. College ka most desired bachelor reh chuka hai.”

“I thought that was Armaan bhai.”

“Someone had to continue the legacy!”

“How was he like in college?” Taani asked.

“Seedhe pooch na kitni ladkiyon ko date kiya hai usne.” Sid teased.

“He never dated anyone!” Taani replied.

“Rubbish! Uski aadhi dates toh uski team members hi set karte the. I’m sure aaj bhi kuch grand plan kiya hoga.”

“Tum yeh sab jaan bujh ke bol rahe ho, I know.”

“It’s working. Tere face pe jealousy clearly dikh rahi hai.” He laughed.

“Siddo!” She whined.

“Sorry.”

“Atcha tell me one thing. Yeh Rey and Aashi jab date kar rahe the toh voh dono.. I mean.. how close.. were they?” She asked contemplating with her words.

“What having second thoughts now?”

“No. I just find it weird to ask Rey about the relationship he faked. And such topic never came up. Out of the blue kaise puchu usse yeh.” She explained herself. "So tum bata do."

“See dono mein chemistry toh amazing thi, it showed on stage. Funnily that translated to acting during a Ram Leela play in college and also when they helped me save my ass. But during this period they had to behave like a couple, you know those clichés. Haath pakad ke chalna, ek saath khana, a kiss here and there, basically a lot of PDA. But then again Rey wasn’t alienated to all that. He was used to it. So it didn’t feel like an act.”

“Matlab?” She asked.

“Matlab wahi ki he was no saint! But that wasn’t even the best part.” He chuckled remembering something. “Though he would argue it to be the worst!”

“Kya?”

“They both had to take part in a couples dance competition to make it seem like they were dating for real. It obviously had to be intimate as only couples were participating. Aur yeh dono ke dance skills ke wajah se they ended up winning it as dance floor pe apne pair ke saath chemistry kaise laate hai they knew it very well. Uske baad toh beecharon ko kitne baar force kiya tha saath dance karne ke liye. That coupled with the amount of PDA made them seem like a real couple by the end of the drama. Itna ki the entire team thought that they were actually dating.”

“Were they?”

“Dono no bolte hai but they were pretty convincing.”

“Aur kaunse secrets pata hai tumhe?” Taani asked narrowing her eyes.

“Tujhe sachchi mein jaanana hai toh chal party mein. I’m sure pollein khulegi.” He smirked.

“I’m not going to spy on him. He had invited me. I can go and attend it.”

“Aur tujhe lagta hai tere saamne voh unn sabko kuch bolne dega?” He raised his brow.

“But this is not right.” She argued.

“Theek hai phir. Rey ko kabhi aaram se puch lena and hope he tells you every detail of his past life.” Sid got up.

“You really think that I should go?”

“Aayiye aayiye, aap hi ka intezaar tha!” Nil taunted Rey as he entered the pub.

“I had informed that I was running late.” Rey replied back.

“And this is your punishment for it!” Sharon forced a shot down his throat.

“Oh I love this punishment!” He smiled tasting the flavor of the whiskey he just downed.

“Here have some more!” Simmi passed him another shot.

“Are you’ll planning to get me completely wasted?” He looked at them.

“Not just you!” Swayam answered raising his glass.

“Cheers then!”

“Kitne saalon baad hum yahan aise hai.” Neha said looking around.

“Kyunki hum itne saal Sydney mein the.” Rinni answered.

“Rinni!” Rey pulled her cheeks. “Tu abhi tak waisi hi hai.”

“Lekin tu poora badal gaya!” They heard a voice.

“Yeh kaun bola?” Rey squinted.

The next second he was yanked by his hair and his head rested on the back support of the couch. Immediately a beer bottle was put in his mouth and he was made to drink it. He opened his eyes to see who dared to force him and saw her smirk at him.

“Chug it all down!” She pulled on his hair even more.

He struggled to gulp it down but managed to finish it.

“Good!” She smiled and left his hair.

“Hayye, Luv!” He still was in the same position smiling at her.

“Luv? Who is she?” Taani squinted at Sid.

Both were seated close to their table but due to the darkness you couldn’t see each other unless you really wanted to. Taani had earlier decided not to come but on seeing Sharon’s Instagram story where she had mentioned the name of the pub, her temptations gave in and she dragged Sid along with her.

“Pata nahi.” Sid replied.

“Don’t lie!” She glared.

“Inn sabko jaanta hoon iska matlab yeh nahi ki mein iske har ek friend ko jaanta hoon.” He rolled his eyes at her.

“Why did he call her luv?” Taani was burning with jealousy.

“Stop talking and listen!” Sid told her. He was clearly having fun.

She went around the table and settled down beside Rey.

“You’re such a cheat and a big-time liar! Mujhse shaadi ke vaade kiye aur abhi kisi aur ke saath engage ho rahe ho?” She threw accusations at him.

“Hi Sara, it’s lovely seeing you here.” Rey smiled ignoring her words. Others just laughed.

“Don’t you dare hi me Rey!” Sara pointed a finger at him.

“Oh hello? Tujhe gussa karne ka koi haq nahi hai! Paris tu gayi thi. Mein nahi!” He twisted her finger.

“Haan toh? You should have waited.” She freed her finger from his hold.

“Waited? For you? Please!” He rolled his eyes

“You!” She punched him hard in the stomach.

“Ouch! It’s hurts Sara!” He cried holding his stomach.

“Shit! Sorry, jor se laga?” She crouched up close to him.

“Haan!” He grabbed her by the neck and strangled her.

“Stop!” She laughed.

“Finally time mil gaya aane ka?” He left her.

“Mein toh kal hi aagayi thi. Tujhe milne ka time aaj mila hai.” She taunted.

“Isiliye kal ke plans ban rahe the?” Rey looked at Nil and Vicky.

“Obviously!” They replied.

“Aur abh Sara yahan hai toh yeh Rey ki bachelor party hi huyi. Right Luv?” Sharon teased Sara.

“Kaun bolega yeh meri badi behen hai.” Sara shook her head.

“Behen! Right! Yeh Sharon ki cousin hai.” Sid informed Taani.

“Shush.” Taani silenced him.

“Abh samjha mein!” Rey started laughing. “But don’t you think the place is a little too decent for such party?”

“Abh tujhe strip club leke jaate toh thoda obvious hojata.” Amar taunted.

“Kameene ho tum sab!” Rey scoffed.

“Iska glass kyu khali hai?” Sara called for a refill.

“Mujhe ek piece mein ghar jana hai.” Rey said.

“Mere hote huye no chance baby!” Sara air kissed him.

“Aaj tere tukde tukde karke ghar bhejenge tujhe!” Aashi smirked at him.

“Toh yahan kyun baithe hai hum? Let’s dance!” He got up.

“Sure!” Aashi pulled him to the dance floor.

“Yeh dono ko dekh kar college ki yaad aagayi.” Swayam chuckled looking at Rey and Aashi who were dancing their heart out.

“Which was that song she sung yesterday to Rey?” Sharon got up smirking.

“Bedardi raja.” Simmi told her.

“Take your phones out I’m going to make a song request!” Sharon left leaving others laughing.

The song started playing and Rey passed a smirk to Aashi. She smirked back and they both danced to the song while the rest cheered them.

“It’s very late. Tu soja.” Sid dropped off Taani in her room.

“Haan.” She replied.

On their way back, she hardly spoke. Sid felt bad for taking her. It wasn’t like she caught Rey doing anything, but the party had clearly upset her as she had no idea of what she was stepping into.  Sid was used to such parties, so he was completely fine with what they saw. He decided that he had to talk to Taani but waited seeing her in no mood to talk.

“Good night.” He put her to sleep and left.

After fifteen minutes of tossing and turning, Taani was still not able to get the images of Rey dancing with everyone out of her mind. It was to a point that she was even upset with the images of Sharon dance with Rey. She got up and sat on her bed frustrated. She was banging her head lightly on her headboard when her phone rang. She saw Rey’s name flash on it and picked up in an instant.

“Hello luv.” He sounded drunk. “You missed such an amazing party tonight. I should have forced you to come. Abhi toh drinking ka bhi issue nahi tha.” She smiled hearing his voice and heard a loud thud. “Arre phone kahan gaya?” he looked around.

“Rey?” Riri looked at him from top to bottom. “Are you drunk?” 

“Completely!” He grinned at her.

“Chalo room mein. You need to sleep.” She pulled him.

“Par mein kuch dhund raha tha.” He tried to remember.

“Look for it tomorrow. You need to sleep right now.” Riri took him to his room.

Taani disconnected the call and smiled looking at her phone. Keeping it aside, she lied down and slept immediately.

Riri and Armaan were standing in front of everyone. They had everyone’s glaring eyes on them. They were caught making out in Riri’s room by Juhi. Rey was having a hard time controlling the smile growing on his face as he was the one who had sent Juhi to call Riri in the first place, knowing very well that Armaan was inside.

“Kitni baar pucha meine tumse?” Ananya glared at Armaan.

“Meine mana kab kiya tha?” Armaan answered in a low voice.

“Ooo.” Kiara cooed playing with her toy.

“Kya timing thi.” Rey mumbled smiling at Muskaan.

“Tum dono kyu hass rahe ho? Kabse pata tha tumhe?” Juhi looked at Rey and Muskaan.

“Maami mujhe toh recently pata chala. Rey toh match maker hai inn dono ka.” Muskaan defended herself.

“Muski ki bachchi!” Rey glared at her.

“Mujhe bhai ne mana kiya tha.” Rey quickly spoke.

“Hello everyone! Pehle pata hota sab yahin hai toh directly idhar hi aajata!” Rahul grinned from the entrance.

“Uwuu.” Kiara started fidgeting in Muskaan’s arms on hearing Rahul’s voice.

“Hayye mera bachcha!” Rahul took her in his arms and hugged her tight.

“Kaisi thi flight?” Ananya asked him.

Armaan sighed in relief as everyone’s attention turned to Rahul.

“I’m so happy to see you man.” Armaan greeted him.

“Yahan par kiski shamat aayi huyi thi?” Rahul questioned.

“Spoke too soon!” Armaan cursed making Rey and Muskaan burst out.

“You must be Riri.” Rahul forwarded his hand to her. “Hi. Rahul.”

“Isse bhi pata tha. Isko kuch nahi bolna?” Armaan scoffed.

“Armaan!” Riri glared at him.

“Forget it Riri. Iska bas chale toh abhi mujhe ghar se utha ke phenk de.” Rahul rolled his eyes at Armaan.

“Uski zarurat nahi hogi kyunki yeh kaam mein khud karne wali hoon.” Muskaan took back Kiara in her arms and went upstairs.

“Ouch!” Rahul gulped hard.

“Good luck.” Armaan smirked at him.

“Tune bola tha gussa thanda hogaya hai?” Rahul eyed Rey.

“Atcha, aisa bola that meine?” Rey played dumb.

“Rahul tu upar jaa. Voh bohot naraaz hai tujhse.” Rannvijay told him.

“Jaanta hoon Mamoo.” Rahul sighed and went upstairs to appease her.

“So, where were we?” Rannvijay looked at Armaan and Riri.

“Humare apne kuch jhagde chal rahe the. Isiliye kuch bataya nahi.” Armaan explained.

“Dekh kar toh nahi lag raha tha.” Juhi raised a brow at him.

“Abhi recently patch up hua hai. Mamoo se puch lo.” Armaan said.

“Abh thodi der mein bologe ki Kiara ko bhi pata hai. Usse bhi puch lo.” Ananya glared at him.

“Bua chodo na yeh sab. Abh jab aapko pata chal hi gaya hai toh yeh batao ki ladki kaisi lagi?” Rey came to Armaan’s rescue.

“Ladki toh mujhe pehle din se hi pasand aa gayi thi.” She lovingly ran her hand on Riri’s head making her blush in embarrassment.

“Tum log continue karo, mein chala.” Rey got up.

“Kahan?” Juhi asked.

“Sherwani try karne jana hai. I should have been there by now. But couldn’t miss this.” Rey got up dodging the pillow Armaan threw at him.

“Rey!” Sara saw him getting on his bike. “Where to?” She asked.

“Dress trial!” He chuckled.

“Mein chalu?” She asked looking at the bike.

“Chal!”

“Hi Sneha.” Taani greeted her. Shivam just smiled.

“You’re late!” Sneha looked at the time.

“Sorry.”

“At least you’re are here. Rey is coming in even later.” Sneha shook her head.

“Kyun?” Taani wondered.

“Mujhe reason nahi bataya.” Sneha informed. “Abhi tum iske saath jao aur apna lehenga try karo. Kuch alterations karne ho toh bata dena.” She sent Taani away with one of her staff.

“Hey.” Shivam spoke. “Sorry for lashing out the other day. Mujhe voh lehenge ke baare mein pata nahi tha.”

“It’s fine. Your anger was justified.” She shook her head.

“Next time I’ll squeeze your balls out if you pull such a stunt!” They heard a voice shout.

“Leave my balls alone!” Next they heard Rey’s voice and he walked in.

“Finally you’re here!” Sneha taunted at Rey.

“She delayed me.” Rey pointed at Sara.

“What the fu*k?” Sara back-slapped his arm.

“Taani is using the changing room aur usko time lagega. Why don’t you go and change in this room till then?” Sneha pushed him in as one of the staff handed him his sherwani.

“Who designed it?” Sara asked Sneha.

“My team.” Sneha answered.

“It’s lovely.”

“Thanks.”

“Rey? Need any help?” Sara shouted from outside.

“Actually.” Rey opened the door. He came out just wearing his pants. “What the hell is this?” He held the string in his hands.

“Isko pant ka nada bolte hai.” Sara laughed. “Aur yeh tujhe bandhne nahi aata.”

“Help!” He looked at her.

She went up to him and took the strings in her hand. She pulled on the strings and in turn pulled him closer.

“Nice try.” He made a face at her.

“Shoulder ke paas thoda tight karna padega.” Taani came out wearing her lehenga.

Rey turned to look at her on hearing her voice. His lips curved into a smile adoring her. Taani turned pink on seeing him shirtless in front of her.

“Ouch!” He cried and looked at Sara.

“Tight tie karna padta hai. Gir gaya toh?” She giggled tying the knot. She then held the hem of his pant.

“Sara?” Rey widened his eyes at her.

“Yeh nada andar daal.” She told him. “Aise mat dekh. Your balls are safe.” She turned him around and pushed him into the room. “For now!” She yelled.

“You were right, Taani. Pink suits you more.” Shivam complimented.

“Taani?” Sara turned to her. “Hi, I’m Sara. Tumhari saut.” Sara forwarded her hand to Taani smiling at her.

Shivam and Sneha stood staring blankly at her.

“Perfect fit!” Rey came out getting dressed.

“Oh my God!” Sara turned to look at him. “Mein abhi issi waqt shaadi karne ke liye ready hoon. Please say yes.” Sara batted her lashes.

“No!” Rey rolled his eyes at her.

“How mean!” She punched his arm.

Rey moved to Taani and kept his arm around her. “What say?” He looked at them.

“You look great!” Sneha said.

“Perfect, actually!” Shivam smiled.

“Yeah! Magnifique!” [Magnificent]

“Merci beaucoup mon chere amie!” Rey smiled at her. [Thank you so much my dear friend]

“Tune French kab seekhi?” Sara narrowed her eyes at him.

“Tu agar aake gaaliyan jhadne lagi toh pata toh hona chahiye na!”

“Batard!” [Bast*rd]

“See!” He rolled his eyes. “Anyways, this is Taani, my luv. And she is Sara, unfortunately a good friend of mine!” Rey introduced them.

“Nice to meet you luv.” Sara smiled at Taani.

“Same here.” Taani smiled back. “And this is my brother Shivam.” Taani introduced him.

“Hey!” They shook hands.

“I’ll go and change. Mujhe late ho raha hai.” Taani turned to leave.

“Tu bhi jaake change kar le. Ya yahin pe special show dene ka plan hai?” Sara wiggled her brows at Rey.

Taani heard her and stopped in her tracks. She turned behind and saw Rey enter into a room. She turned back and went to change.

“Chale bhai?” Taani came out after changing.

“Mujhe Sneha ke saath venue pe jana hai to check a few things.” Shivam informed.

“Kahan ja rahi ho? I’ll drop you.” Rey asked her.

“Bhai gaadi ki chaabi.” Taani forwarded her hand to Shivam. “Mein chali jaungi. Tumhe apni good friend ke saath time spend karna hoga na.” She raised her brow at Rey.

He just stood there blinking as Taani moved out.

“Yeah?” Taani spoke into the phone.

“Calls kyun ignore kar rahi thi?” Rey spoke from the other side.

“My friends have arrived, and I was busy spending time with them. Phir uske baad dinner pe di, jeeju aur Ambar aaye the. Abhi just nikle. So wasn’t ignoring, just busy thi.” Taani replied.

“Why are you angry?” He asked.

“Why would I be angry?” She asked back.

“Tum aaj subah taunt maarke nikli thi. It’s obvious you were mad about something.”

“Why don’t you go and ask your good friend about it?” Taani scoffed.

Rey didn’t fail to notice the special emphasis on good friend.

“Sara pe kyun gussa ho rahi ho?” He questioned.

“Voh tumhare saath sabke saamne flirt kar sakti hai toh mein uspe gussa kyun nahi ho sakti?” Taani flared.

“She wasn’t flirting. She was just trying to annoy me.”

“Well congratulate her as she did annoy me!”

“Taani.” He said calmly. “Okay forget about her. You tell me, how was the dinner?”

“Good.” She replied.

“And how are your friends?”

“Good.”

“Aise mono syllables mein hi baat karogi?”

“Haan.”

Neither of them spoke for a while. They could hear each other’s breathing through the phone. A few minutes passed by. The minutes turned to an hour, yet no one spoke.

“Dinner was great. We had a lot of fun talking. And my friends are liking it here. Ghar pe hi ruke hai.” She said breaking the hour-long silence.

“Ghar pe?” He asked. “Don’t tell me that Shivam is sharing room with them? Bechaare!” He chuckled.

“That’s rude!” Taani too giggled. “Bhai Siddo ke saath uss ghar mein ruke hai. Juno and Rags are in bhai’s room aur Sia mere room mein.” She informed.

“Rags?” Rey raised a brow.

“This Sia! Voh subah se Rags Rags kar rahi hai toh mein bhi.” Taani huffed.

“Aur Purvi aayi?”

“Nahi.”

“Nahi? All good?” He asked.

“Haan. In fact really good. Mujhe toh uss pagal ne dara diya tha. She had gone to fight with her parents. But somehow that worked out. They have agreed to come here and meet Arjun.” Taani smiled wide.

“That’s great!” He too smiled.

“Haan aur abh voh wahin ruki hai and seedha engagement pe aayegi.. next week.” She smiled realizing that the day is finally coming.

“Not even an entire week.”

“I can’t believe it.”

“Kyun?” He asked.

“It just feels surreal. It feels like we just met.”

“No.”

“Kya no?”

“It feels like we’ve come a long way from there.”

“Yeah we have.” She agreed as all the days since the day she met him flashed in her mind.

“So kal ke kya plans hai?”

“Kuch nahi. Teeno ko Mumbai dikhaungi.”

“Gum mat hojana.” He teased.

“Tum ho na. Kahin na kahin se tapak jaoge!” She giggled.

“Haan voh bhi hai.” He too joined.

“Tumhare kya hai?”

“Next five days ke liye office chod ke kuch nahi!”

“Itna pyaar aagaya office pe?”

“Nahi yaar bas voh academy ka issue solve ho gaya. So sabke spirits are way up there. So humne socha jaldi jaldi sab khatam kar dete hai.”

“Kaise hua?”

“Exact details toh mujhe khud nahi pata. All I know is that Simmi worked her magic!”

“Simmi magician hai?” She joked.

“Tum girls jo chahe jab chahe ban sakti ho?”

“Kuch din pehle tak toh hum bullies the. Yeh upgrade kaise hua?”

“Upgrade kahan. I just said tum sab jab jo chahe ban sakti ho. Kabhi bullies toh kabhi saviors!” He chuckled.

“Tum pagal ho gaye ho kaam karke. You need to sleep!”

“Don’t want to.” He pouted.

“Toh kya karna hai?”

“Tumse baat.”

“Voh toh kar hi rahe hai hum.”

“Toh continue karte hai.”

“Nahi.”

“Kyun?”

“Bas yunhi.” She replied.

“Fine! Mein rakhta hoon.”

“Haan theek hai rakho.”

“Pakka?”

“Haan pakka!”

“Mein sachmein rakh dunga.”

“Rakho na.”

“Mann nahi hai.” He pouted.

“Mera bhi.” She giggled.

“Toh kyun natak kar rahi ho?”

“Kyunki kisi ko toh rakhna hoga na. And I don’t want to be that one.”

“Theek hai phir mein hi rakhta hoon.”

“Rey.. Rey?” She looked at her phone and it was disconnected. “Huh?”

“Sara!” Rey glared at her.

“Yeh pehle tum pehle tum ke chakkar mein koi phone nahi rakhne wala tha. So I thought to lend you some help.” She smiled innocently.

“Paris se kyun ayi tu? Kisne bulaya tujhe?” He huffed.

“Tujhe halal hote dekhna miss kaise kar sakti thi mein? After all pyaar jo karti hoon tumse.”

“Dekh liya tera pyaar. Abh soja!” He groaned.

“So hi rahi thi. Teri wajah se neend khuli meri. Good night!”

“Good night!” Rey made faces at her and went to sleep.

T minus 5 days

“Hayye, kitna mast lag raha hai yeh!” Sia smiled inhaling the salty sea air.

“Aisa lag raha hai ki saalon baad yahan aayi hoon!” Taani closed her eyes feeling the cool breeze on her face.

“Tu yahan roz kyun nahi aati?” Raghav asked.

“Time nahi milta yaar roz aane ka.” She answered.

“Haan Mumbai aake tu kaafi busy hogayi hai.” Juno said.

“Matlab?” Taani looked at him.

“Do baar kuch promise karke aayi aur yahan aate hi tod diya.” Juno looked away from her. “Contact rakhungi. Mumbai jaake tum sab ko bhool nahi jaungi, promise. Yahi kaha tha na?”

“Juno?” Sia eyed him. “Sirf uski galati nahi hai. Even we never spoke to her for all those years.”

“Mein ussi promise ko nibha rahi hoon, Juno. You know I suck at maintaining contacts. Agar sab peeche chodna hota toh tum sab ko nahi bulati. You are my friends. And you mean a lot to me.” Taani’s eyes started watering hearing Juno.

“Abh rone mat lag ja.” Juno hugged her. “I just missed you a lot in these years.”

“Me too.” Taani sat hugging him as they looked at the setting sun.

T minus 4 days

“Muskaan yaar, jaan bujh kar toh mein nahi ruka tha na. Kiara meri bhi beti hai, why would I have wanted to miss out spending time with her?” Rahul banged on the door. “Muskaan! Darwaza khol!”

“Meine bola tha uss case mein padne ko? Kyun leni thi voh tumhe?” She opened the door and barked at him.

“Yeh dono ke jhagde ke beech bechaari Kiara phas gayi hai.” Ananya sighed patting Kiara’s back and putting her to sleep. “Dono ko samjha ke mein thak gayi! Tum hi kuch karo.” She told Armaan.

“Dekhta hoon mein kuch.” Armaan walked up to Muskaan and Rahul.

“Mujhe lecture sunne ka koi interest nahi hai.” Muskaan glared at Armaan when she saw him come.

“Mein koi lecture dene nahi aaya. Sirf yeh batane aaya hoon ki apna jhagda tum room ke andar karo. Mom bina matlab ka tension le rahi hai aur Kiara is all cranky because of all the chaos.” He told them and went in his room.

Muskaan let Rahul in and they both sat quietly on the bed.

“Mera mann akele wahan nahi lag raha tha. Par zimmedari li thi.” Rahul spoke softly.

“Meri aur Kiara ki bhi toh zimmedari li hai tumne, uska kya?” She asked. “Mein yeh nahi keh rahi ki tum apna kaam chodo par usse apni first priority toh mat banao.” She sniffed.

Rahul looked at her and his heart broke seeing her cry. He knew his absence had hurt her, but the extent of it was just appalling.

“Muskaan mein tere naal pyaar karda.” He turned her to face him and hugged her repeating his words he said when he confessed his love. This got a smile on her face.

“Yeh pehle nahi bol sakte the? Faltu ka jhagda kar rahe the mujhse.” She pouted.

“Sorry.” He kissed her.

T minus 3 days

“Sara, are you going to come home?” Sharon asked.

“Did you complete that work?” Sara asked back.

“It’s almost done.” Sharon informed.

“Great! I’ll move in after that. Plus Rey has no problem with me staying at his place. Right Rey?” Sara looked at Rey.

“Do I even have a choice?” He rolled his eyes at her.

“Yeh lo tumhari file and I’m not doing anything else. Personal secretary samajh rakha hain tum sabne mujhe!” Simmi sulked on the couch in the office cabin.

“Thanks.” Rey took the file smiling at her.

“Abh batayegi tune aisa kya kiya ki voh idiot ne case peeche le li?” Sharon questioned her.

“So this friend of mine started dating one of the choreographers from SSD.” Simmi started to explain.

“He gave up already?” Rey squinted at her.

“He is smart. Usse pata tha ki mein kabhi haan nahi bolne wali thi. Anyways, so we were talking the other day and he jokingly told me that whoever he is pursuing, that girl is leaving her job. Meine thodi puch taach ki and end mein I just forwarded a law firm ka number to him. He was confused. So I explained how SSD is filing cases at their ex-employees. Yeh baat badhi aur hungama hogaya. They had to step back, unke paas koi aur option nahi bacha tha.” Simmi smirked.

“Simmi you definitely owe him a dinner!” Rey looked at her.

“That I do!” She giggled.

“And an apology to that poor girl.” He raised his brow.

“Tujhe kaise pata chala?” She asked surprised.

“Tu itne dino se bol rahi hai ki voh tere peeche itna try maar raha hai and all of a sudden he gave up on you? You really thought I would buy into this story?” He folded his arms across his chest.

“You asked him to chase her?” Sharon widened her eyes at her.

“I might have.” Simmi looked down.

“Don’t make her feel guilty. She helped you guys.” Sara took her side. “Aur tu kaise expect kar sakti hai ki yeh love fools teri baat samjhenge?” She eyes Rey and Sharon.

“Simmi.” Rey looked at her ignoring Sara.

“Yes I know I shouldn’t be giving him false hopes. Don’t worry, he will get his promised dinner date.” Simmi assured him.

“And what about me?” Sara asked.

“Teri wishes ki list banate banate hi hum sab upar pahuch jayenge.” Sharon chuckled.

“But meri toh ek hi wish hai.” Sara batted her lids at Rey.

“Isko leke jaa yaar yahan se!” Rey scoffed at Sharon.

T minus 2 days

“Geet, kyun ro rahi ho bachcha?” Nikki cooed her daughter in her arms.

“Kya hua bhabhi?” Taani entered in hearing the wailing.

“Pata nahi yaar. Kabse bas roye ja rahi hai. Na bhook lagi hai na kuch aur. Aur yeh Abhi kahan marr gaya hai?” Nikki asked annoyed.

“Voh Armaan bhai ke saath kahin jaa rahe the.” Taani informed.

“Maar dalugi uss Armaan ko mein!” Nikki flared hearing his name.

From the past three days, Armaan and Abhi were was constantly on call discussing something. But since Abhi was at home and giving her a break from Geetika, she didn’t mind.

“Rey sahi keh raha tha. Bhabhi itni bhi shant nahi hai.” Taani muttered under her breath.

Nikki’s phone rang and she picked up immediately. “Kahan ho?” She barked. “Aa raha hoon matlab? Iske sone ka time hogaya hai aur yeh tumhare haath mein hi soyegi. Come home now!” She disconnected the call.

“Bhabhi lao usse mujhe do.” Taani took Geetika in her arms and started playing with her. She became quiet after some time.

“Sab nakhre mere paas hi hai iske. Dekho kaise so gayi.” Nikki laughed adoring her face.

“Taani?” Tanya knocked on the door. “Bahar aana jara.” She said looking at a peacefully sleeping Geet.

“Jee mumma?” Taani put her in her crib and came out of the room.

“Rey aaya tha tumhari jewelry drop karne.”

“Mein kal jaane hi wali thi lene yeh.” Taani quickly cut her.

“Maasi yeh jhoot bol rahi hai. Yeh bhool gayi thi.” Sid butted in.

“Siddo chup reh!” Taani glared at him.

“Dulhe raja bhaag gaye?” Sid asked Tanya.

“Usko rukne bola tha meine par usse kaam tha so he had to leave.” Tanya informed and left.

“Kaam!” Taani rolled her eyes.

“Tune toh kaha tha ki office mein usse urgent kaam tha. Then why are you sulking?” Sid asked her.

“Mujhe bola ki office mein bohot kaam hai so he doesn’t even have any time to talk. Aur wahan uss Sara ke saath bike pe ghum raha tha kal!” Taani flared.

“Taani.” Sid looked at her sternly.

“I tried to talk to him the other day par phone kaat diya mera. Meine bhi phir se nahi kiya. Nahi karni baat mujhe uss se.” She huffed.

“Pagal ho gayi hai kya? Yeh kya stupid anger leke baithi hai? Do din mein engagement hai.”

“Nahi karni!” She walked off.

“Great!”

T minus 1 day

“Mujhe yahan kyun bulaya?” Rey eyed Armaan. They were standing outside his house in the dark.

“Tere liye ek gift hai.” Armaan placed the keys in Rey’s hands.

“Bhai?” His eyes popped out. “No. I can’t.”

“Rey, listen to me.”

“Aap pagal hogaye ho? I can’t take this. Moreover I don’t want it.”

“I know!” Armaan chuckled looking at his face.

“Toh kyun de rahe ho?”

“Kyunki yeh mein khud ke liye lunga toh mom mujhe maar daalegi! So please mere bhai accept it.”

“I can’t bhai. It’s your dream bike.”

“It’s a fu*king custom made Harley which I had them ship here in time thanks to Abhi. So shut up and take the keys!” Armaan glared at him.

“Bhai nahi.” Rey kept opposing.

“Abey sunn toh le poori baat.” Armaan held him by his shoulder. “You are going to accept it and keep her safe till I finally shift back to Mumbai. Uske baad yeh sirf meri hai!”

“Oh!” Rey breathed a sigh of relief. “Aisa hai.”

“Haan!” Armaan chuckled. “Abhi bol kahan park karu?”

“Do din ke liye toh chupa ke hi rakhna. Sara ne dekh li na toh mera dimaag kha jaayegi. Kal se usko bike pe ghooma raha hoon mein.” Rey scoffed.

“Jhoot nahi boli thi voh. Jab aayegi teri band bajayegi!” Armaan laughed.

“Haan itni ki Taani mujhse baat nahi kar rahi pichle kuch dino se.” Rey sulked.

“Abhi usko tere past ne aake challenge kiya hai, voh gussa toh hogi hi.” Armaan shook his head sympathetically while at the same time smirking at him.

“Yeah right, my past!” Rey rolled his eyes. “But I’m glad that she is finally here!” He smiled.

The stage was decorated. A long white sofa with golden upholstery was the center piece. The backdrop had plain peach-white curtains hanging with brown rectangular arches which had white flower arrangement spiraling down. Rey was brought up on the stage. His friends were hooting behind him, but he cared less. He wanted to see her. But she was taking her own sweet time to come out. Fear gripped his heart for a second which was washed away instantly seeing her in front of him. She stood at the entrance trying to control her breathing. She wanted to run, but from what her mind asked. She had no answer to it. She started walking towards the stage. Her mind was running, and her heart was pumping hard. Her eyes wandered and met his. Her racing heart instantly calmed, and her mind was clear. She was getting engaged.

Taani was led to the stage and made to stand next to Rey. She saw him adore her and her lips on cue curved into a smile. He sighed taking in her appearance and tilted his head earning awe’s. She blushed pink on realizing what he was doing. She narrowed her eyes at him and warned him to stop. He just shook his head and denied.

“Bas ghoorta hi rahega ya ring bhi pehanayega?” Sharon shouted from down the stage making everyone laugh.

“Subah se itna utaavla ho raha tha. Abh kya hua?” Swayam teased.

“Aur kitna intezaar karwaoge ek dusre ko?” Ambar shouted from the other side.

“Chalo abh pehna bhi do rings!” Arjun coaxed.

Rey wiggled his brows at Taani making her laugh. She nodded and held his ring in her finger. He got his hand towards her hand. She slowly inserted the ring in his ring finger and halfway through jammed it in making him wince. He looked at her dumbfounded while she smirked at him. No one noticed what happened as they were busy cheering. Rey took Taani’s ring and sneered at her. She gulped hard wondering what he was up to. He gently slid the ring on her ring finger and held her hand. He lifted it up to his lips and kissed the ring.

“Congratulations!”

Rey and Taani mentally groaned hearing it for the hundredth time. They were on the stage accepting gifts while they could see their friends enjoying their engagement more than them.

“Muh theek karo aur jao neeche. Bahar wale sab milke gaye. Baaki ghar waalon se wahi mil lena.” Juhi smiled at them.

Both of them quickly ran down the stage before someone changed their mind and forced them to become a prop of a photo booth at their own engagement.

“Arre aagaye aagaye, humare newly engaged couple aagaye!” Vicky announced as they approached them.

“Yeh dekh yeh dekh!” Amar called out gaining their attention.

“Tum sab kar kya rahe ho?” Rey asked.

“Teri engagement ka album bana rahe hai!” Aashi laughed seeing the photo on Amar’s phone.

“Photographer ko faltu mein hire kiya. Inn logon ko hi khada karna chahiye tha.” Rey shook his head and saw the photo.

Some guests were walking down the stage while some were entering. Rey and Taani stood straight with clenched fists and jaws ready to murder whoever that was coming up to them. They both burst out laughing.

“Was it so obvious?” Taani asked.

“Arre chill no one except us was paying attention.” Simmi assured her.

“Kya dekh rahe ho tum sab?” Sara hopped onto Rey’s back to see what the fuss was about.

“Aye jaanwar!” Rey cursed.

“I’ve been called worse.” She got down making faces and stood next to him.

“Taani!”

“Purvi!” Taani immediately turned and hugged her. “How are you?”

“I’m great!” Purvi grinned. “Mumma aur papa.” She introduced them.

“Hello uncle, hello aunty.” Taani smiled at them.

“Congratulations beta!” They wished her.

“Thank you.” She smiled and looked around as she didn’t hear Rey.

Rey was looking at the photos and laughing. She pulled him courteously and made him meet Purvi’s parents. Wishing them with their blessings, they walked away.

“Rey.” Purvi called him gaining his attention.

“Yes?” He smiled wide at her.

“Thank you!”

“Thank you?” Taani looked at her.

“He helped me mend things with mom and dad. Jhagde ka idea iska tha.” Purvi informed.

“Itna sab hone ke baad bhi they didn’t want to lose you. So you just had to play the ‘you’ve lost me forever’ card. It worked!” He chuckled.

“What if they hadn’t agreed?” Taani glared at him.

“She knew the alternative and was ready to risk it.” Rey simply shrugged his shoulders.

“Mein mumma papa ko Arjun se milwake aati hoon.” Purvi said on spotting Arjun. “Who is she?” She asked when she saw the person next to him.

“Yeh toh..” Rey narrowed his eyes at her.

“Hey guys!” Arjun approached them.

“Arre Arjun tum zinda ho?” Sharon taunted.

“Yes ma’am aapse jaan chooti meri aur mein zinda bach gaya!” He retorted.

“Hi!” Taani hugged him.

“Hi.” Purvi smiled at him and then looked past him to the woman standing beside him.

“Oh sorry, guys this is..” He gestured her to come ahead.

“Parul!” The gang shouted.

“Hello fellow Louians.” She smiled at them. “Hi Rey.” She said making him come out of his shock.

“Hi, tu yahan iske saath?” Rey questioned her.

“She is my boss.” Arjun informed them.

“Yeah.” Parul nodded. “Arjun wanted a leave to come and attend your engagement. Mujhe naam sunke yakeen nahi hua. So I invited myself to see with my own eyes.”

“Abh hogaya yakeen?” Vicky asked her.

“No, Reyansh Singhania getting married is still unbelievable!” She chuckled.

“Shut up!” Rey groaned.

“Mujhe toh laga tha tu Aashi ke saath settle hoga. Afterall mujhe issi ke liye toh choda tha.” Parul said.

“You two dated?” Taani questioned.

“Oh don’t worry I have no intentions of stealing your man. We ended on good terms. I like to keep it that way.” Parul raised her hands in defense.

“Rey, Taani, yahan aao. Tum dono ki kuch photos click karni hai.” Tanya called them.

“Tum dono ke yahan koi nakhre nahi chahiye. Chup chap photos ke liye pose karna.” Ananya warned them and left.

The photographer instructed them to pose in various poses. The gang was standing behind the camera and making fun of their poses.

“Kaise namoone hai yaar sab.” Rey cursed as they changed poses.

“Teen namoone kam hai.” Taani looked around. “Lo aagaye!” She said as Sia, Raghav and Juno entered.

“Arre Titanic wale pose mei kheenchi photo? Taani ka favourite pose hai voh.” Raghav asked.

“Yeh aaj mujhse maar khane wala hai.” Taani grumbled.

“Itne gusse mein kyun ho? Stage pe bhi meri finger almost tod di thi!” He squinted.

“Kya khusur-phusur ho rahi hai?” Sia asked.

“Idhar aa batata hoon.” Taani straightened her palm and sneered at Sia.

“Rey tumhara pocket square straight karo.” The photographer instructed.

He started fidgeting with it making it even worse. Taani tried to help him but ended up pulling it out of his pocket.

“Idhar la.” Sara snatched it from Taani’s hand and re-did it.

She then straightened his sherwani and looked at Taani. Her pallu was hanging a little loose she tightened it and then took a final look at the couple.

“Suck your stomach in, motu!” Sara punched Rey on his belly.

“Teri toh!” Rey strangled her. Slowly everyone joined in and the photographers got busy taking candid shots of everyone.

“Yahan ho kya raha hai?” Rannvijay asked in horror. He was passing by along with Rishi and Gautam.

“Sab aapke bete ki le rahe hai.” Rey pouted.

Rannvijay looked both ways to see if the coast was clear and said, “continue! You didn’t see us neither did we see you.”

“Paa?” Rey looked at him in horror as everyone started jumping on him.

“Okay stop now!” Swayam shouted.

“Most of the guest have gone. Let’s just hang out.” Aashi said looking around.

“Par kahan?” Sharon looked around.

“There you are. I’ve been searching for you guys.” Sneha walked to them.

“Sneha aur kuch nahi please. Bohot thak gaya hoon.” Rey exhaled. “Aur abh yeh bohot uncomfortable lag raha hai.”

“Don’t worry sab hogaya hai. Tum dono ke liye ek change upar room mein rakha hai. Go and change into it. Phir peeche wale garden mein aajana. You guys can hang out there for however long you want.” She instructed them.

“Thanks!” Taani was relieved to hear it. She was tired carrying the weight of her lehenga.

“You planned this?” Taani asked Rey admiring the simple yet elegant anarkali gown hanging in front of her.

“Nope!” He looked at his kurta pajama and groaned. “Sara!”

“Yeh tum kya Sara Sara kar rahe ho?” Taani asked annoyed.

“Usne yeh plan kiya hai. Why else would there be a nada in my pajama?”

“Pajamas usually have it.”

“I’m wearing an elastic one right now! I hate these!” He showed the strings.

“Shoelace tie kar sakte ho toh yeh kyun nahi?” She mocked.

“Lace loose huyi toh chal jata hai not this! Izzat ka sawal hai yaar!” He covered his crotch.

“Ew! Gross!” Taani looked away and closed the door behind her to change.

“Atcha listen na.” Rey called her.

“Kya hua?”

“You didn’t answer me earlier. Why are you angry at me?”

“Let’s not spoil our mood talking about it.”

“Par baat kya hai?”

“I said not now!” She flared.

Rey quickly changed his clothes. He came out and waited for Taani to be done. He saw Sara sitting alone on the stairs and went to her. Taani came out after changing.

“Chale?” Taani looked for him. “Yeh kahan gaya?”

She turned to leave when she spotted Rey and Sara siting on the stairs and hugging each other.

“Aagayi apne boyfriend ki yaad? Aur voh bhi itni subah?” Rey teased Taani on answering her call.

“You have been the one ignoring me!” She taunted.

“I was working yaar.”

“Haan jaanti hoon. Atcha I’m keeping the phone. I don’t know why I had called you.” She pouted.

Taani just wanted to hear his voice. It had been five days since they spoke to each other and her worried mind was becoming restless.

“Arre?”

“Bye Rey!” She giggled and was about to press the disconnect button when she heard a voice.

“Meri bra kahan phenki tune?” Sara yelled at Rey.

“Bed pe..” Rey was saying something, and the call was disconnected.

Taani shook her head trying to get the call out of her mind and moved towards them.

“Chale?” She asked looking at Rey.

“Tu ja mein aati hoon.” Sara left from there.

“Chalo.” Rey smiled at Taani. They both walked outside and joined everyone.

“Aagaye? Hume laga wahi se gul!” Armaan teased as they came out.

“Bhai aap Riri pe dhyaan do na.” Rey retorted.

“Uss se dhyaan kahan hatt raha hai mera.” Armaan looked at Riri who was beautifully carrying a saree.

Rey’s eyes then fell on Muskaan and Nikki who were sitting with their daughters and playing.

“Fair warning Nikki, Geetika ko Kia se door rakhna. Bigaad degi usse voh!” Rey chuckled.

“Abhi Armaan same cheez bolke gaya hai. Par thank you.” Nikki shook her head.

“Geetika ka full name le sakta hai toh Kiara ka kyun nahi?” Muskaan glared at him.

“Tu aur gussa ho, usse aur jyada chance milega tujhe irritate karne ka.” Rahul calmed her.

“Rahul, mere bhai, tu bohot jaldi nahi aaya?” Vicky put his arm around Rahul’s neck. “Pata hai tere na hone ki wajah se hume kitni gaaliyan khani padi hai?”

“Haan na kitna bhagaya hai isne hum sabko.” Swayam too joined in.

“Waise idea bura nahi hai.” Nikki giggled.

“Apne dono dewaron ko kaam pe laga!” Nil pointed at Sid and Shivam.

“Tum sab ek dusre ko bachpan se jaante ho?” Ambar asked after the banter silenced.

“Not really. Par hum jab mile tab hum bachche hi the.” Nil answered. “Nil.” He forwarded his hand to her.

“Ambar.” She greeted him.

“Nilesh.” Simmi called him. “Havas control mein rakho. Voh Taani ki behen hai.”

“Haan toh Taani ki behen hai na meri thodi!”

“Haan aur meri bhi behen hai voh.” Shivam raised his brow at Nil.

“I wonder yeh dono ki engagement kaise hone di isne?” Juno looked at Rey and Taani making others laugh.

“Tu kahan gayab thi?” Sharon asked Sara as she joined them.

“Tum sab ko dhund rahi thi.” Sara replied sitting next to Rey.

“Tum dono ka kya chal raha hai?” Armaan asked as he saw Rey and Sara whispering to each other.

“Kuch nahi!” Sara quickly got up. “Mujhe kuch kaam hai. I’ll be back!” She left.

“Now that you got it up. What are you two up to?” Sharon asked Rey.

“Something really good.” Rey smiled smugly at her.

“Durr hi reh uss se. Sara-ness is starting to rub on you.”

Taani silently looked aside to stop the tears that threatened to spill out. The mention of Rey and Sara’s name was just reminding her of what she heard on the phone call. She was not able to get it out of her head.

“Whatever!” Rey brushed it off.

“Hey Sneha, why don’t you join us as well.” Shivam spotted her walking past them.

“You guys continue. I have work to do. Some other time maybe.” She smiled and left.

“Some other time bolke gayi.” Vicky smirked and then looked at Nil.

“Matlab ladki interested hai.” Nil smiled mischievously.

“Shut up guys!” Shivam looked at them horrified.

“Tu hume kyu shut up bol raha hai?” Amar spoke. “We are guiding you.”

“Loha garam hai. Jaake hatoda maar de.” Bharat smiled wickedly at him.

“You guys are sick!” Shivam made a disgusted face. “Usne itne amazingly yeh function handle kiya. I was just being courteous.”

“Atcha? Courtesy ke liye tu pichle do mahino se uske office ke chakkar kaat raha hai?” Sid smirked.

“Chori pakdi gayi!” Armaan whispered looking away.

“Good night! Mein jaa raha hoon.” Shivam got up and left.

“Jaate jaate usse kuch help chahiye ho to karke jana.” Sid shouted behind him.

“Mujhe yahan kyun bulaya?” Rey asked on entering the room.

“Did everyone leave?” Taani asked him.

“Haan, bas Sid ruka hai neeche tere liye.” Rey informed.

“I have to tell you something Rey.” She gulped.

“Bolo.”

Taani turns to face him and starts to pull the ring out of her finger.

“Before you do that.” He stopped her from pulling it out completely. “You have to tell me why.” Rey somewhere knew that this was coming. He was noticing something different in her since the last week.

“I need time Rey. I could have cancelled our engagement but Mumma was very happy. Everyone was. I didn’t want to take that away from them!”

“But what’s wrong at least tell me that!”

“You really want to know?” She asked.

“Yes.”

“You lied to me and don’t deny that! You told me that you never had a girlfriend, but I met two of them today. What other lies have you told me?” She said in one go.

“Ew Sara? No! She just likes to fool around with me by calling me her unrequited love, which is not true!”

“And Parul?”

“We must have gone out on three dates. That’s it!”

“And what happened on those dates?”

“Seriously? Are you seriously accusing me of such lies?” His voice raised.

“I don’t know what to believe these days Rey, your words or my eyes. The other day I saw Aashi and you when she was inviting you to the pub. And you two did date in college. Why did you never tell me how close you actually were?”

“Firstly all of that was an act. And secondly what you saw was nothing. We have danced together for years we have chemistry that’s it!”

“Dance? She was practically grindin..”

“TAANI!!” He roared. 

“And what about Sara?” She shouted angrily.

“What about her?”

“Mein behari nahi hoon. I heard her voice when I called you this morning. What was she doing in your room? And most importantly why was she asking you for her bra? Humari engagement ke din tum..” Taani looked at the ring on her finger and then at him in disgust.

“Enough! You don’t want this upon you? Fine! You’re free to go wherever you want!” He pulled the ring out of her finger and walked away.

=========

New York

=========

“I have reached guys. You don’t have to panic. Pehli baar akeli travel nahi kar rahi.” Taani rolled her eyes at her family.

“Keys hai na tere paas?” Sid asked her.

“Haan. Atcha abh mein upar jaa rahi hoon. Freshen up hoke call karti hoon.” Taani disconnected the call.

Taani entered inside the house leaving her bags at the door. She flicked a button and the dim lights turn on.

“Iske ghar ka switch meri samajh ke bahar hai!” She muttered under her breath and moved to the kitchen. “Bohot pyaas lagi hai yaar.” She pulled out a bottle.

A pair of hands grabbed her from behind. She stood startled for a short minute and then as realization hit her, she screamed.

“What the hell?” He hastily turned the lights on.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?” She questioned him.

“I live here. You’re the one trespassing.” He glared at her.

“My brother lives here.” Taani shot back a glare at him.

“You’re Sid’s little sister, aren’t you?” He asked.

“How do you know me?” Taani was confused.

“He did mention you. And judging by the absence of a ring on your finger I assume he managed to stop you from getting engaged.”

She just stared at him blankly not knowing what to say.

Hello!

Let's steer away to something cheerful, shall we?

Happy TaaRey Confession Anniversary. I know this update doesn't typically meet the anniversary vibes, but what can I say I just love to spice things up!smiley17 Jokes aside, this was a pain in the arse to write especially in this short period of time. I had to get it out today because I wanted an epic date for the engagement!

I hope no one is mad at me. If you are just visit the Anniversary Thread posted yesterday. It will surely cheer you up! Because after spending a couple of sleepless nights to churn out this chapter, I'm taking a week long break from writing. So don't expect the next chapter anytime soon!

Lastly, hit Like and Comment down below!

Edited by 2111_shweta - 4 years ago