New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 44

Posted: 4 years ago
Originally posted by luvbug

Where is the rest of the update?? I didnt want this chap to end :)

fantastic update.... love their talks...and love how Arnav is making an effort to get to know khushi better and make her feel comfortable.

feel so bad to see khushi's reactions./... she has no expectations what so ever from arnav and life 

but this chap made me happy! :0

eagerly waiting for the next!

Hehe...thanks love! Yes, Khushi's reactions are heartbreaking, but I think she will start healing very soon... it's hard not to fall for the warmth Arnav is offering her (just a friend of course for now!)

Originally posted by srilathas

Excellent Archi :)

Not finding better adjectives to convey my thoughts  😉😉

Finally there is some semblance of normalcy between them

Nice to see Khushi smiling (credit goes to Arnav)

In the last 2 updates he is definitely making efforts to make their stay under one roof tolerable 

- thanks for clarifying about mangalsutra

Ahaha... thanks hun 🤗

Originally posted by just4coll

Playing catch up on IF and came across this. What a fantastic piece of writing Archi! Loved the story so far... 

Welcome to the story 🤗 Hope you like the rest just as much!

Originally posted by Gurmeet4Drashti

Olive branches, little gestures and lots of warmth just made something melt in my heart.. or maybe it was my heart, in its entirety!! 

This was beautiful ♥️

Aww thank you ❤️

Originally posted by Miss.Zaidi

&archi I m good with regular update.. Double update can wait.. 

Also this waiting for dinner and caring arnav  smiley42 ...raizadas know now that they have a doctor bahu?.. 

I like arnav khushi and their choti si dunya smiley27

Okay!! Raizadas are finding out in the next chapter about Dr. Bahu 😉

Originally posted by hatelove2012

Well at least Arnav is trying. Can’t wait or Khushi to open up. Hope things get better and want to know about Arnav’s story now. 

Yes, Arnav's story is getting more and more crucial... it will come out in due time 😉

Originally posted by Viji79

First part felt like I was watching Grey's anatomy. Arnav is making efforts to make things normal between them. I wish Khushi isn't the one to fall in love first. It's impossible to not fall in love with a man like arnav particularly when he is the first man to ever respect her as a person. But arnav, to me, looks like he is offering only friendship at the moment. In my opinion his heart is still with Myra, he only feels dutiful towards Khushi. I have a feeling khushi is headed towards heartbreak. Or, she will hopelessly fall in love with arnav fully knowing what she can expect from him and resist her feelings for him and suffer. Either way, she is in for a tumultuous ride.

Was inspired by Grey's when I was writing (and partly DMG 😆). Medical shows fascinate me so much!

i know exactly what you mean about Khushi... given everything that she went through, it will be impossible not to fall in love with Arnav. And you are very right about Arnav too, he is simply being nice, his heart is somewhere with Myra as of now. But Khushi is not fragile, whatever is heading her way, she will face it and come out as a winner 😊

Originally posted by imshveta

So she is still sleeping on the sofa? But it's nice to see Arnav trying to take forward their relationship in some way. Like always, friendship is a good start 

hehe... yeah, the sofa is still there. It will  get a chapter for itself in due time 😆. For now baby steps towards each other!

Originally posted by Noor1234

Oh i really wish this will continue at least for 2 or 3 pages.....i really wish this....i love this whole update. There conversation is so natural that i am lost in another world when i was reading this...and want to read more....really thnks dear for this one....

Why i have feelings may be thisDr.ved play important role in arnav's life as he will become his wife's frnd and i know you know what i meant😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

Dr. Ved has very good potential to cause jealousy 😉 BUT, for that Arnav needs to start seeing Khushi as something more than a friend... 

Hello hello 🤗

As promised, back with the next update! Once again, I cant thank you guys enough for all the sweet comments. I replied to as many as i could above 😊

For notifications, follow my blog or wattpad

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Eighteen

Paranoia

Arnav struggled to pay attention to the presentation in front of him, an uneasy feeling settling in the pit of his stomach. For almost an hour now, all the important members of the Raizada Industries were locked in a board room, discussing a potential land for investment. The seller had put forth an iron-clad deal, that if signed, could begin a long and necessary journey towards recovering the losses the company had endured in the last couple of months. 

But Arnav didn’t have a good feeling about it in the slightest. It was as if someone was watching him from above, waiting for him to make one more bad decision, before swooping down and ending the company once and for all. 

Of course, if he had dared to voice out his concern, it would have been squashed within no time. His father –who had returned a little over a month ago to the hustle and bustle of the company– believed in numbers. After merging their shares with Gupta & Sons –thanks to Arnav’s marriage– their own shares had shot up quite a bit in value, although not to the same amount they were before the collapse. He wouldn’t foresee a problem in investing in this deal with the little extra cash they had to spare. 

His brother-in-law, Shyam, a corporate lawyer by profession and yet still well-versed in some of the management decisions, would simply say there was no legal cause to mistrust the seller. The land in question was well maintained, its surroundings have been tested by their own engineers, and if something were to go wrong, they would be able to get some form of compensation from the seller (thanks to Shyam’s stellar negotiating abilities). 

And yet, those two opinions, the ones that Arnav held in very high regard ever since he stepped into the role of a leader, were not comforting. Something didn’t feel right

Or was it paranoia? 

He heard only too many times, in very sweet musical tones of a life bygone, how careless he could be. It used to not bother him, but today, after making so many rash decisions, he couldn’t just give into the flow of things and make one more uninformed decision. 

But who could he ask? Stepping in as the interim CEO had not been easy. Most of the board, very old friends of his father, did not believe he was experienced enough to handle the mantle. They were probably right. What did he know of companies and shares and decisions? He had been just a boy for so long. 

The meeting wrapped up at this point and Arnav quietly excused himself, making his way back to his office from some peace. He needed to think, although, would his decision really matter? His father mostly called the shots anyway, now that he was back in full form. 

“Chote?”

Speak of the devil! Arnav turned around, trying to rearrange the concern on his face. “Yes, Papa?”

Shankar glanced at the seat in front of his desk. “May I?” he asked.

“Of course,” Arnav answered, striding away from the gigantic windows to sit beside him. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong… You just seemed… off… at the meeting?”

Arnav shrugged. “It’s nothing. Just thinking about the contract, don’t worry too much.”

Shankar smiled. “It’s bad enough that your mother treats me like I am about to drop dead, don’t you start too.”

His lips pressed into a hard line. “That’s not funny. How did the check-up go yesterday?”

His father waved off his concern. “Same old… but Basu told me something interesting.”

Arnav didn’t answer, knowing very well what was coming next. 

“I heard you got Khushi an appointment in the hospital?”

“Yes,” he said, unapologetic. He had planned on telling his mother soon enough, along with a well-versed story of why not to reprimand Khushi for hiding the whole ordeal. But it seems, his father had beaten him to it.

“Good,” Shankar replied. “She probably must get bored sitting at home all day.”

“She… she is working as a doctor there,” Arnav said, making sure the point was clear. His father did not look surprised by the news in the slightest. 

“An intern, right?”

Arnav nodded. 

Shankar, however, did not elaborate. He simply sat on the chair, deep in thought. Finally, after what felt like years, his father stood up to leave. 

“Is everything okay?” Arnav asked, not really understanding the point of this conversation. 

“I came here to ask you that, but it seems that everything already is… unless, you wanted to tell me something?”

Arnav bit his lip, unsure. His father had a habit of talking him into things, so he didn’t really put it past him to just wave off all his concerns about the land they were about to invest in. Besides, what proof did he have that they were making a wrong step? Everything had been checked out already, all the loopholes were closed. So why raise unnecessary concerns, especially when his father had barely recovered from his stroke?

“Arnav?” Shankar said, touching his shoulder. “Is there something you wanted to talk about?”

He took a deep breath. “No,” he muttered. “Nothing at all.”

Shankar smiled. “Good… this land is very promising. I have already spoken to the builders about the factory construction and they have cleared their schedule for us.”

“They did?” Arnav asked, surprised. No such favours were given to him when he was running around trying to make things function while Shankar was admitted in the hospital.

“Yes, quite generous… but it’s all in the negotiating Chote. They just needed a gentle reminder of what I did for them when they were the ones going through a rough time.”

Arnav simply nodded. 

“Anyway, once this contract is signed next week, I think we can allow ourselves a bit of breathing space. With the holidays coming up, you know you are going to need it… your mother, of course, has everything planned out already.”

Another nod.

Shankar sighed, perhaps catching on to Arnav’s lack of response, even at the mention of his mother’s often hilarious antics. 

Taking a deep breath, Shankar said softly, “I am proud of you Chote.”

“Er… what?”

“I am proud of what you have done… it’s not always easy running things, especially when everyone seems to be constantly criticizing you. I am guilty of that too.”

“Why are you saying this?” Arnav asked skeptically. His father, although kind-hearted, had always treated him with extra seriousness – holding him to faults more quickly than his sisters, scolding him for carelessness for the smallest of mistakes and mostly, endlessly reminding him of the responsibilities that came with being his son. 

It was expected of Arnav to be perfect, there was no alternative there. 

“My age is catching up to me Chote… I would be a fool not to reconsider my life when I have seen death so close.”

“It’s over now,” Arnav reminded him gently. “You are almost recovered.”

“Perhaps. But that doesn’t change that I may have been a little unfair to you over the years. And despite that, you did your part as best as you could. You came running back when I had the stroke, you held your ground when the shares were dropping and most of all, you listened when I said Khushi is a good match for you.”

“You are my father, of course I am not going to leave you stranded-”

“Yes, I understand. But I am still grateful, nonetheless. And what makes me even more proud is to see you do the same for Khushi.”

Arnav disagreed with that, for what he did for Khushi was not his responsibility; she had already earned everything, he was merely the messenger. However, his father didn’t need to know all the gory details of his marriage. 

“I hope both of you will soon find the companionship you deserve in each other.”

Then patting his cheek, Shankar left him alone once more. 

Arnav sighed and went back to the window, his head buzzing with new concerns. While at least, there was one less thing to do – he didn’t have to tell his mother about Khushi’s new job anymore. By the end of the day, the entire Raizada family would know and hopefully, they would not be too nosy about it.

But there was still the land problem. 

Arnav wished he could put a finger on why he was feeling so anxious. Perhaps the musical voice he kept hearing since that morning was correct after all. 

“Why are you getting so angry for something so stupid Arnav?! This is not the first I am going to stay with my parents for a few days!”

“And yet you always come back a whole new person, fighting about the silliest of things!”

“Oh please, don’t blame them for what you screw up!”

“Everything I do is a screw up according to them isn’t it, Myra? And the funny thing is, you agree with them!”

“Forget them, can you keep your hand across your heart and say without any guilt whatsoever that you have not been delaying our wedding on purpose?”

“I told you a million times! I love you-”

“Well sometimes love is not enough!”

A lump had formed in his throat. “How can you even say that? All… all these years meant nothing? Everything I have done for you is nothing?”

“And what exactly have you done Arnav? We have been together since college and what have you done for me? Everything has to be running according to how you like it, not once did you bother to find out what I want!”

“If that’s what you think, then fine, let’s go get married now-”

You see?! THIS is exactly your problem! You never think things through! When the situation starts becoming difficult, because of your incapabilityyou just jump the gun and make a stupid decision! And unfortunately, I am the one who gets the brunt of it!”

“So what would you like me to do Myra? Forget what my heart says and just listen to whatever you say? Is that what will make you happy?”

“YES! For once in your life, listen to what other people are saying Arnav! This whole, I-am-going-to-do-whatever-the-hell-I-want-just-because-I-can, is getting very old!”

Arnav closed his eyes, trying to block out the memory from existence. As much as he hated to accept it, she had a point. So much of his life had happened without planning, without considering the rights and wrongs, that he had no one to blame except himself for the situation now. Had he paid more attention, had he bothered to consider what was going wrong, he could have saved himself a lifetime of agony. 

Afterall, isn’t that what Khushi had done? Only twenty-five years old and she knew exactly what she wanted, and here hewas, trying to keep cool while his father’s lifetime of work sunk lower and lower into the ground. 

Perhaps, it’s best if he stopped thinking so much and just listened. If everyone thought this deal was a good thing, then it probably was. 

Who was he to question it?

Don’t throw chapals at me for diverting from Arnav-Khushi’s budding friendship 😆 Although Arnav has been very gracious in the last few chapters, his inner turmoil is still going on… 😒

Please like & comment! 

Love,
Archi

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago

Well, this was needed. We have only got an insight so far into Khushi life prior to wedding. We didn't know much about Arnav except for a few glimpses here and there. 

I am sure arnav and Myra must have had great times together given they fell in love and all, but the moment, you let others influence your relationship, the trust in each other is gone. Arnav must have had his own dreams regarding his career but I think no one really thought it was wise of him to try new ventures when he can inherit his rightful ownership of a great Enterprise and learn from the best. I don't know where this came from, either I am reading too much into it or you must have given hints or mentioned somewhere which my poor memory can't recollect. 

That his father wasn't surprised to know that Khushi is a doctor shows that either alok has been honest about Khushi or Shankar has done some digging on his own. After all, he does love his son.

About the land, I wish arnav listens to his heart. If he lands in a soup, I am afraid, he will have no other option than to go to Alok, who might again interfere in khushi's completion of degree. Let's see how things go. You can happily read these comments and laugh your head out on my speculations. 😉 

Edited by Viji79 - 4 years ago

Myra seems like one stuck up woman.... Nagging him.... She doesn't seem like the right person to be with..... Glad that he didn't marry her...

i just hope Arnav's doubts regarding this deal don't become true.. I just hope he come out victorious ..

Loved the Update

Read and commented on the blog

Eager for the next one

I'm glad Arnav's father said what he did to him. Arnav's belief in himself has been insidiously taking a hit for way too long by the sounds of it. I do wish he would speak up about his concerns with the deal though. Gut instinct is not to be scoffed at when it comes to reading people.   

Turmoils, regrets, indecisiveness and unworthiness.

This chapter was much needed as you can’t expect everything to fall into place and be perfect just because you have dinner with your spouse for two consecutive days.

I really admire the authenticity in your chapters. Nothing makes me feel like “this feels fairytale-ish”. This is life!! 

I hope whatever Arnav’s insecurities are abt the land turns out baseless I really don’t want him to face another blow in his business as so much is going in his personal life,Shanker came to know abt his babu being a doctor n he was ok with it n I’m sure the remaining Raizada clan will be same as they are cool ppl.

Nice update. We have sneak peek of Arnav past and looking forward to see arshi moments and also more of Arnav and Myra relationship.