Hum Tum and Them Discussion Thread - Shweta, Akshay

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

All episodes streaming now on ALT and ZEE5. Discuss here.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zooni.blue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Just finished with this... 

Shweta is taking such bold roles at this stage is amazing... 

The whole series is good...  But the start I found quite jerky n unreal....  The kids don't behave like kids at all

Anyway ending leaves scope for season 2

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

So I watched this to see Shweta and I must give her full points for attempting something out of her comfort zone and not appearing way too cringe. I liked the actor too, the last time I saw him in Gurgaon and could not believe that this is him.

But I had a few issues with this show, the writing is way too loose, too many scenarios which makes the love story go two steps ahead and ten steps backward, so much that it seemed like the physical attraction was what kept brin8nb them back together, also I hated hated how Shweta character tells Yudi that Main hoon na Main sab sambhalungi....like as though it’s her responsibility to manage his spoiled brats.

frankly the partying and absolutely no sign of any studying o part of the kids bothered me a lot. And of course they kept it so loose like a deliberate attempt to make season 2 to fill in the blanks. And that kind of manipulation irritates me. 

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

It was okay. I think Shweta acted well. I felt that the relationship was more based on sex. Like, if anything went wrong, ghoom phirke they turn to sex. Sex is not the solution to every problem.

Yudi had to try to control Aryan from before. It made no sense that at the end, he sacrificed a potentially serious relationship to be a dad which he didn't realize the whole series. I hope people understand that you can be a good parent and a partner at the same time. Divorce and sex don't solve problems. You have to sit your kids down to have a conversation. Not once did anyone try to sit Aryan down when he was calm to communicate with him. Yes, some children are harder to deal with but this show was mostly showing problems in Shiva' s life (Shweta) whereas Yudi's life was the more complicated one.