Why isn't Vidyut Jammwal getting big movies?

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I mean he is good looking and can do stunts as good as other actors , if not better.

Yet he only got Commando and  that Junglee low budget  silly movie..

Why isn't he getting big productions like , say, Tiger and other action heroes get? I mean okay Tiger got some but all the other action stars are old.. why isn;t any producer taking him for such roles?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

because he doesn't have credible box office records. 

MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

because he doesn't have credible box office records. 

Yeah but he can only act in what is given to him. If he doesn't get good action movies, what can he do? I don;t even know , is he from the industry clique or an outsider?

Can't he talk to producers so he gets  some Baaghi, Rammbo type movies? A big budget movie,  I mean?

There are others that were given 2-3 or more movies- and flopped with those, yet later they became big...

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yeh topic bhi ab har do mahiney baad recycle hoke aata hai

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Because he will put Mainstream BW actors to shame with his body and fight. Verdict is still out on acting though. He’s as wooden as the trees he climbs in his movies. Also, he needs to snap out of Ong Bak and Tony Jaa phase just like Tiger needs to stop copying Iko Uwais. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

Yeah but he can only act in what is given to him. If he doesn't get good action movies, what can he do? I don;t even know , is he from the industry clique or an outsider?

Can't he talk to producers so he gets  some Baaghi, Rammbo type movies? A big budget movie,  I mean?

There are others that were given 2-3 or more movies- and flopped with those, yet later they became big...

He got a whole franchise for him, and despite it being super popular in television, still the numbers aren't translating on box office. Why will anyone risk huge projects on him, when a bigger action stars like Hrithik, Akshay, Ajay, Tiger and Salman are available.

Edited by RegressiveThug - 4 years ago
MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Because he will put Mainstream BW actors to shame with his body and fight. Verdict is still out on acting though. He’s as wooden as the trees he climbs in his movies. Also, he needs to snap out of Ong Bak and Tony Jaa phase just like Tiger needs to stop copying Iko Uwais. 

I've only watched a bit of Junglee and saw one of his Commando movies and he didn't seem bad... so that's why I was asking. I really don't know much about him.

And: thanks for mentioning the figthing styles.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I love him! Went to watch force and came out with a mini crush on him 😆 He's so pretty ❤️ 

MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

He got a whole franchise for him, and despite it being super popular in television, still the numbers aren't translating on box office. Why will anyone risk huge projects on him, when a bigger action stars like Hrithik, Akshay, Ajay, Tiger and Salman are available.

Ohh,  I get it,  thanks.

I just wondered why no one gives him the benefit and invest for a bif budget- look at Arjun Kapoor in his one note acting (probably will ruin Panipat for me, too) ..he isn't any better yet he keeps getting roles and loads of crores spent on him .

MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchic2

Yeh topic bhi ab har do mahiney baad recycle hoke aata hai

I rlly dunno what you've said.. sorry..

If you mean that this topic is recycled (?) then my apologies, as I've tried searching and couldn't find this topic...