Fan Fictions

New ArShi FF: Birds of a Feather Link to Thread 2 on Pg. 1 [20/04/'20] - Page 25

-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Uzii

In this chapter I came to know the real Arnav he is just a normal human being with lots of expectations from his elders n also a broken relationship which he blames Khushi for it made him a bitter person but he is really have a fragile heart bcoz the way he was telling Khushi to be optimistic n don’t lose hope for her mother but she is right when a person’s brain dead he or she is gone bcoz there is no revival of a brain injury so severe n once the life support is out the heart also stops beating I know bcoz same happened to my sister.

First off, I am so sorry about what happened to your sister 😔 I can't even imagine how hard it must have been for you and your family...

I love what you said about Arnav... he has been through things too. His anger at Khushi is just a consequence of what happened in the past.

This content was originally posted by: Ecrivain

Arnav had a huge change of heart. Whether it was cos of witnessing Garima's condition or just for the heck of it, but he did. 

lets see where this leads us to. 

More of the former... he is human after all. Of course he is going to feel bad that Khushi lost her mother...

This content was originally posted by: DEV-MANNU

Is khushi a doctor.....I really wanted herto hav a carrier...otherthan being the trophy wife and responsible daughter....that will give some teachings for arnav.......he thinks he s the only one suffering wth thos marriage...I liked the way khushi dealt wth him.....it was his duty to find out about this much sooner.....now he feels sorry for her......

Yes, Arnav has a lot of misconceptions about the marriage, and they will be cleared in due time don't worry... but Khushi has also been forming opinions about him, don't forget. She has to put some effort too!

This content was originally posted by: ManKiBaath

The night at Gupta residence was event less except for the sleeping arrangements. However, the morning events really threw me for a toss - Garima is still there and everyone is aware except Arnav.  Khushi knows way too much about the health condition of her mother and acknowledges the fact that there's no use of her mother's existence.  Yet Alok Raj Gupta is keeping his wife on life supporting system - is this blind devotion or something else?

It was a welcome surprise to see Arnav all concerned, which kind of shows that he's not a lost cause after all.  I am delighted that he is picking up on various nuances between Shantivan and Gupta residence.

You have opened a can of worms with this chapter.  So will be waiting more than just a little eagerly for the next update to know more about Garima, Alok Raj.

Can of worms huh? The plot had to move forward 😆

Yes, Arnav is not a lost cause after all... I know it's hard to like him after everything he has said/done from the first chapter, but the poor thing has been through a lot too. 

This content was originally posted by: Arshi67

“And the longer my father refuses to let her go, the longer I have to be reminded of her death.”

I really like the way you have phrased this. 

A living reminder of a person who no longer exists. Yet, you can't grieve for the person who's gone. It's a very difficult decision to make, both morally and emotionally. When do you say, enough. I agree with Khushi when she speaks of selfishness, but then the what-if will always hover over any decision. Thank God for the existence of living wills, although I somehow can't see Mr Gupta adhering to his wife's wishes, even if she had made them known. 

Very aptly explained! Khushi's father may be have his share of faults, but you cannot blame him for having hope

This content was originally posted by: virka_luv

So beautiful story!! I just read the whole in one go. I am loving it. Please update soon :) 

WELCOME TO THE FF!! 🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Archi- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Savera84

This chapter gave us a peek into Khushi's former life.  Khushi had to live with the knowledge that her mother is never going to become normal.  It looks like Khushi was close to her mother.  Garima must be a peace maker.  In the first chapter Khushi thought that her mother never told her about any of the good marriages. The ones that worked out. The ones that had hope. The ones that had love.  Does that mean Garima was not happy in her marriage and she told Khushi to just adjust in her life?  

I still have questions about Alok's relationship with his wife.  He expected his wife to lay breakfast day after day and week after week and he got angry if she ever missed.  Then why is he keeping her body alive after fully knowing that she can never get up and become normal?  Is he punishing Garima or someone else?  It was an accident and Garima slipped from the steps.  Why was Khushi so affected?  Was she blamed for the slip?

Arnav had (and may be Khushi too) misconceptions about Khushi's role in this marriage.  Surprisingly, one lecture from Anjali, one outburst from Lavanya and one stern conversation with Khushi made a lot of difference in the way he is behaving with Khushi.  He has changed and still changing for good.  Garima's situation further mellowed him down.  Was he ever told about Garima's condition? 

I felt Khushi unnecessarily took out her anger on him.  He was only trying to be positive about Garima's condition.

So, Arnav noticed where Khushi was sleeping all these days and formed an opinion about it.  Interesting.  I am sure these 3 weeks are going to change many of the preconceived notions.

Wonderful chapter.

PS: Just my observation, Shankar and Alok both are very good in running a business, but in their personal lives they seem to be quite opposite.

Cheers.......

Lovely analysis as always Raji!! It's so exciting writing for readers who are so invested in the story ❤️ Things you said that I liked: 

"Garima must be a peace maker."
"Does that mean Garima was not happy in her marriage and she told Khushi to just adjust in her life?"  - Every nice catch... the thing is, the chapters are written from Khushi's POV, so you will always have to take it with a grain of salt. She may think Garima was unhappy, but it could be that Garima was not as miserable as Khushi assumes. After all, what happened between Alok and Garima is truly only know by the both of them. 

"Surprisingly, one lecture from Anjali, one outburst from Lavanya and one stern conversation with Khushi made a lot of difference in the way he is behaving with Khushi." - Yes, both his sisters made a huge impact on Arnav (and don't forget, this happened over a span of almost 6-7 weeks, it's not one day after another). Arnav's relationship with his siblings is very unique and strong... as Shankar says early on, he listens more to them than his own mother. 

"Just my observation, Shankar and Alok both are very good in running a business, but in their personal lives they seem to be quite opposite" - I loved this observation! You are bang on 👏

This content was originally posted by: anjs

I will be honest, Arnav behaviour in this chapter is a complete 180 degree turn... It was as if this guy is a look-alike, double role or something... A guy who didn't care that a woman is sleeping on the couch in his house every night, is suddenly comforting her and talking about miracles was too much to take.... That too seeking her out to tell this...

Khushi seems like a highly educated person, maybe a doctor.... Then why is she so dependent on people...why is she not seeking a career of her own ?

Hmm... it may seem that Arnav is a completely different person in the last chapter, but if you watch how he has been evolving from the first chapter to now, it's not that shocking... we know that he is frustrated with the circumstances under which he got married, and was taking it out on everyone around him (incl. Khushi). But after he is confronted by his sisters (who seem very close to him), he kind of comes back to his senses... which is why he agrees to visit the Gupta house in the first place. Also, i think it's a natural human reaction to feel for someone else's loss... Arnav would have done the exact same thing if it was any other person in Khushi's place. I guess what I am trying to say is, Khushi is not what he averse to. He is averse to his marriage. Khushi has unfortunately just been caught in the crossfire of his emotions, so it may seem like she is the target of his anger, but she is actually not... 

This content was originally posted by: imshveta

That was quite interesting. So what actually happened? 

Stay tuned 😉

This content was originally posted by: p4peppa

I assume Khushi is a doctor? First her conversation with her father in law about his health and now about her mother. I might be wrong though. But if she is a doctor, how come Shashi the conservative, allowed her to step out of the house and why she is not using her degree to further her career. 

Just a thought.

Good to see Arnav in a good light. I am relieved I wont have to hate him 😍

Hehe... i am relieved too. I was starting to get worried if I would be able to redeem him 😆

-Archi- thumbnail

Hellooooo!

Loved loved loved all the thoughts about Garima and Khushi's involvement in it... I added some of my own comments on Pg. 32! 

For notifications, please follow my blog or wattpad!

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Chapter Ten

Value

Arnav spent the next few days, wondering if the Gupta family was even real. Sure, they held much prestige in the society, sure they had generations of notable members, sure anyone would do anything to be associated with them, and yet, to Arnav they appeared barely functional. 

Maybe it was because he saw the misery behind their smiles. And knew the reason for it. 

Despite feeling awkward and intruding on his first day at the Gupta manor, Arnav quickly grew accustomed to the people that lived in it. His father sought out more and more excuses to keep him out of the office, probably on instructions from his mother, but Arnav accepted it all without a scene. 

If staying with his in-laws for a few days convinced everyone that his marriage was working out, then he had no issues with it. And if in the meantime he understood why they never talked about Garima or her strange accident, then even better. 

Arnav didn’t know why his mother-in-law fascinated him so much. 

He had spent so much time in the last two months believing in earnest that Khushi was just a pesky little addition to his life for the sake of the cameras, a pretense that he had to carry on for life, that he didn’t pause, even for a second, to realize that she was more than just a face. He had been caught up in the haze of Myra’s disappearance so deeply that he had lost sight of everything else. 

But seeing Garima on the bed that day, it was as if he was rudely slapped awake. Her condition reminded him of how much it meant to breathe, even if wretchedly, and also just how much Khushi had been burying beneath her vacant expressions. And her icy response, when he genuinely felt sorry for her loss brought forth a lot of fresh questions. 

The first (and obvious) one was, how come no one mentioned his mother-in-law’s accident to him? When his father brought Khushi’s alliance, he went into great detail explaining every member of the Gupta family, but said nothing about their mother. Khushi too never spoke about her, although it was another thing that he never bothered to talk to her or look into what she did when he wasn’t at home.  

Thus, Arnav found himself retracing his steps to Garima’s room at least once a day. He would talk to the nurse, hoping maybe she would divulge some more details or just sit there, wondering how a person can be breathing but not alive. It was a very odd conundrum. 

“Back again?” 

Arnav smiled at the nurse. He was (once again) in Garima’s room. “Gotta kill time somehow. How is she doing?”

“Same as every day.”

Arnav nodded and pressed on. Today he came with questions. “Khushi said something about there being no brain activity in her, is that true?”

“Yes, the doctor could not detect any activity the last time he did a full check-up.”

“And when was that?”

“Two months ago.”

“Can I look at the reports? Or the MRI scans? That’s what they are called right?”

The nurse stared at him, all of a sudden looking uncomfortable.

“What happened?”

“Erm… Mr. Gupta told me not to show the reports to anyone.”

“But I am family.” There was a tinge of guilt in his stomach, but Arnav simply ignored it.  

“He said not even to his family, especially…” The nurse didn’t finish. 

Arnav frowned, understanding dawning. Why would Alok forbid his own children –for who else was a part of the family– from enquiring about Garima? It made no sense. However, sensing that the nurse would not relent, he bid her goodbye and left the room. 

The mysteries of the Gupta family didn’t end there. 

As the wedding approached closer, Arnav saw both Vihaan and Khushi get busier and busier with tasks. He offered his help on multiple occasions, but both of them refused point blank. Tired of their refusal and bored of idleness, Arnav started helping with the sangeet stage decorations alongside the workers one day, when Vihaan walked by and froze. 

What are you doing?” he asked bewildered as Arnav stood atop a ladder, tying a string of lights to a pillar. 

“I’m putting the lights up.”

“I know that! But why? There are so many workers here!”

“Yeah, well I thought I would help.”

Vihaan almost appeared scandalized. “No, that’s not necessary. Come down, let’s go have tea.”

Arnav didn’t understand what the big deal was. “No, it’s fine. Let me finish this-”

“RAMESH!!” Vihaan called. 

A butler hurried across the hall. 

“Finish putting up the lights,” Vihaan instructed. “And they should be done by today. No excuses.”

That was the end of Arnav’s patience. 

“What the hell man?” he asked irritated, when they made their way to have afternoon tea. “What is wrong if I put up some lights? It’s not like I am doing anything important!”

“Exactly,” Vihaan answered. “You are Alok Raj Gupta’s son-in-law, you are not supposed to be doing these unimportant things.”

“That’s stupid! There is a wedding going on and trust me, I know how stressful that can be. I didn’t sleep for two weeks when Lavanya got married last year. So, what’s wrong if I help out?”

“You don’t need to help-”

“Cut the crap Vihaan and tell me what’s really going on! You guys don’t let me do anything; it’s freaking annoying! Am I not up to your standards or something?”

Vihaan was confused. “What do you mean? You are the son-in-law­ Arnav, Khushi’s husband. We are supposed to make sure you are comfortable, not give you work.”

Arnav couldn’t believe what he was hearing. And yet, seeing the look of absolute seriousness in Vihaan’s eyes, he understood that the latter was not joking. He really did believe that Arnav deserved some royal treatment just because he was married to the daughter of the house. How orthodox could they get?

As the days stretched on, Arnav couldn’t help but notice Khushi too. Maybe he was overthinking it, but for whatever reason, she appeared much more reserved than usual. True, they never had a proper conversation back at his apartment and he never stayed around her to know how she behaved normally, but he could swear that her stance at the Gupta manor was always guarded. It was like she was treading on thin ice. 

And it got worse anytime her father was around. 

Khushi barely said a word in front of Alok. At mealtimes, she would stand in the corner, waiting to serve the food even though there were plenty of butlers around, but never eating herself. At first Arnav thought she was angry at someone or something, but he eventually realized that it was the norm. She wasn’t allowed to eat until he had.

At other times, Khushi would always leave the room as soon as her father would enter. She put such a wide berth of space between them that Arnav often had a hard time believing they were even related. 

It was another thing that Alok didn’t seem to notice anything amiss. He accepted Khushi’s silence as though she was always this demure, which seeded another set of doubts in Arnav’s mind. Sure, there may be problems between them, sure they may have disagreed on something, but how can something drive such a big wedge between a father and a daughter that they literally did not care about the other? 

Arnav couldn’t help but recollect all the disagreements he had with his own father. The fights had gotten so bad that he had even moved out of the Raizada mansion for a few days at one point. That was when his mother insisted on buying him a penthouse, in an effort to keep their relation from deteriorating any more. But when news of his father’s stroke came, Arnav had rushed to his bedside just the same, because at the end of the day, it was his father

That sentiment, however, seemed to be non-existent in the Gupta universe. 

Arnav had watched in astonishment as Khushi spent one entire day arranging orchids around the house in preparation for Vihaan’s haldi. Alok took one look at the stunning arrangements and declared coldly that the decor was not up to the “Gupta standards”. The orchids were replaced by roses within an hour. 

Another time, a top-notch designer visited the house to finalize everyone’s outfits for the wedding. When she suggested colour coordinating between the family members, however, Alok did not hesitate even for a second to say that Khushi was no longer a part of the family since she was married to a Raizada. No one even bothered to object when the designer dejectedly gave everyone ivory coloured clothes and Khushi, lilac toned ones. 

And the list went on. By the end of week, Arnav couldn’t help but be perplexed by just how little value Khushi had in her own house. So needless to say, when the day of the reception finally arrived, he was utterly relieved. 

The last event of the supposedly grand wedding of the Gupta’s one and only son was being held at the manor itself, which was big enough to hold hundreds of high-profile guests, all making an appearance to congratulate the newlyweds. The butlers, dressed in their finest, were bustling around taking care of attendees while Vihaan stood on a dais, next to his glowing wife, smiling for the cameras. 

Arnav took a sip from his glass of wine, tucking on this unusually tight collar. His own family had obviously graced the event, being honoured to now be a part of the Gupta façade. Unfortunately to his bad luck, Lavanya was out of the country on a business trip with Akash, so he had no company whatsoever. He had just picked up another glass of wine when he saw Vihaan beckoning him on stage. 

Confused, he walked up to his brother-in-law, hiding from the press. He had no energy left to pretend to be happy. 

“Do you know where Khushi is?” Vihaan murmured, when they were close enough. 

“No. I thought she would be with you.”

“I haven’t seen her since the afternoon.”

Strange, Arnav thought. He also hadn’t seen her since the afternoon when she announced that she had to go pick up something very urgent. 

“Do you think she is okay?” Vihaan asked, the worry unmistakeable in his eyes.

“Of course,” Arnav lied. “I will go bring her.”

Patting Vihaan reassuringly on the shoulder, he headed upstairs, thinking that Khushi had probably returned late from wherever she went and was busy getting ready. There was nothing in the world that could make her miss her own brother’s reception. 

To his disappointment, she wasn’t there. Neither was she in the prayer room –which to be honest, he already knew since she did not seem to be a big God-believer– nor in the study. Starting to get a little worried, he made his way to Garima’s room as a last-ditch effort. 

“What are you doing here?”

Arnav stopped a foot from his mother-in-law’s room, alarmed. The voice was of Alok’s, coming from inside. Cautiously hiding behind the door, he peeked through to see Khushi sitting on the bed beside her unconscious mother while Alok stood facing her, his back to the door.

“I wanted to see Maa,” Khushi replied, just as cold as her father. 

“But she is dead no? Just because I have the money to afford life support and a full-time nurse doesn’t mean we have the right to call her alive, isn’t it?”

Khushi took a deep breath and stood up. “Your son is celebrating his marriage downstairs. I am sure you have better things to do than to pick an argument with me.”

“You still haven’t learned anything have you? Arrogance and a smart mouth will get you nowhere Khushi.”

She snorted. “Yes, well arrogance and all the money in the world will also not get you anywhere Papa.”

“You can be ninety years old and you would still not have earned the right to talk back to me, so watch your tone with me! I thought I made it clear that you are not to come to this room ever again?”

Khushi gritted her teeth. “She is my mother.”

“Mother? Since when? She is a just a corpse, isn’t she?”

Enough Papa. I don’t need you reminding me what I said. My memory is perfectly well, and I stand by everything I have said, whether you like it or not. She is dead. But that doesn’t mean I am not allowed to remember her. There are still somethings left in my life that you cannot control.”

“You are heavily mistaken if you think I have any interest whatsoever in controlling your misfit life.”

“That’s a joke, right? Because that’s all you have been doing since the day we were born. But you know what, I don’t care anymore. Go ahead and rip apart whatever little I have got left. I got married to a man who cannot scream anymore loudly how much he hates me just on your insistence, so I am sure whatever you have got planned next cannot make me feel any worse than I already do.”

“It’s not my problem if you can’t even get your husband to love you. As I have told you multiple times by now, you can’t even hope to get a better match than Arnav with your history of disobedience.”

Khushi laughed without humor. “Right, how can I forget, I am the biggest disgrace this family has seen in the last ten generations. Glad to know that nothing has changed since I left. But please Papa, don’t kick Vihaan out of your life too just because he believes in something you don’t. If by any chance something happened to you, he is the only one left to support you.”

“Oh, so you think I am dependent on the both of you to take care of me in my old age?”

Of course you don’t need us, just like how you didn’t need Maa when she was alive. All you need is a stamp of approval that you didn’t let your father or forefathers down in any way whatsoever. But you know what, you are around now to take care of Maa… maybe it’s time you start thinking about what happens if you end up on a bed and someone needs to take care of you. And just to be clear, it won’t be your father or forefathers.”

With that Khushi began to walk out of the room when Alok spoke again in a low voice:

“Maybe you have forgotten our deal-”

She paused. “I haven’t.”

“So then fix whatever it is you have going on with Arnav. It won’t be long before everyone starts questioning why you haven’t given the Raizadas an heir.”

Khushi glared at her father. “I know how to make my marriage work. When are you going to hold up your end of the bargain?”

Without waiting for an answer, she stormed out of the room, not noticing the silent figure of Arnav perched beside the door. It took him a good minute to collect himself and start walking back to the party, his head spinning with the new information. 

Over the last few days, he had spent a great deal of time trying to understand the dynamics of the Guptas. And although he had not missed the animosity between Khushi and her father, it was still a shock nevertheless to see that they downright hated each other. 

And no matter how much Arnav racked his brain, he could not understand why. Their differences over what is best for Garima only seemed to be a reflection of their beliefs, but why were their beliefs so different to begin with? And more importantly, why were they so unsympathetic to the other’s point of view?

Perhaps more pressing than all that was Khushi’s opinion about him. Did she really believe he hated the sight of her? True he hadn’t really been the most cordial with her, and he might have lost his temper a couple of times in front of her, but what made her think he downright loathed her? 

As guilt pooled deep in the pit of his stomach, Arnav couldn’t help but recollect his conversation with Lavanya from not too long ago. He had blamed Khushi for orchestrating this alliance, for compelling him to give up his life, but was she really to blame? Wasn’t this marriage forced upon her as much as him?  

I think some of you were hoping Arnav would find out that Khushi is also not interested in this wedding... your wish has been granted 😉 Any thoughts on how Arnav is going to use this new information?

Love,
Archi

Edited by -Archi- - 4 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Posting 5 or 6 already written chapters in 2 or 3 days is different and posting a brand new story so fast with suspense and introspection is different.  Yes, you are making us change our thought process the way Arnav is changing with every chapter.  Will be back with my comment in a bit.

Cheers.......

Edited by Savera84 - 4 years ago
Miss.Zaidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

First thing first .. thanks for updating  regularly 

About the update 

Ouch  what is khushi going through ?  Whats the deal between raizada s and gupta about the heir that arnav is unaware of ?  

Interesting story 

hatelove2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

So Arnav had time to to know Gupta family. Let’s see how he is going to approach Khushi. Can’t wait for more as usual. 

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Interesting so after spending 3weeks in Gupta manor Arnav came to know that they are not like any normal family functions their father has set rules n they have to follow n khushi being the disobedient one n girl of the house is not even allowed to sit with the family during meals n she n her father share a very hateful relation but I wonder what is the story behind Garima’s accident n now after learning so much abt khushi’s life how will Arnav deal with it.

imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

First of all I think his next step should be to find what is this deal between her and her father. That ways we would also come to know about it. 

But coking to this part, it was quite nice. I like it that you don't linger on too much on incidents. You move ahead quickly with your writing. 

Savera84 thumbnail

So much was revealed and yet so much was held back in this chapter.  Khushi questioned/s her father's ideology.  Hence became the disobedient child.   I would disobey too if I am in her place.  She rebelled like we all did at one stage of our lives and then she proactively tried to make her father understand by researching about coma and the outcome/chances of survival.  Instead of understanding her, he may have accused her of insensitivity.

What did Garima and Vihaan think about Khushi's insolence towards Alok?

What about Vihaan?  We yet to find out why he became timid if he was taught to rule the house.

I agree, It is unfair to say a person can't possess a loving heart if he or she follows traditions and acts strict.    

Unfortunately in the first glance, Alok came across as a person who doesn't care about women and their needs and desires.  So, the feminist in me has  jumped the gun.

In 3 weeks Arnav has learnt a lot about Gupta family and Khushi.  After watching the dysfunctional Gupta family, he understood the value of togetherness, love, support and so many other things.  He started looking at things in a different light.  He will start understanding what his father wants of him or  what his sisters telling him all these days.  That will improve the relationship between Khushi and Arnav.  But, is Khusi ready to take the olive branch or will she be still remain detached like before?

Thanks for another early and wonderful update.

Cheers.......

Edited by Savera84 - 4 years ago
TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Urgh! Whatte jerk in the name of a father. These kinds are the ones that force girl children to either be rebellious in nature or completely hopeless and end up being a lifeless body. 

So glad Arnav got to know about Khushi's state now. I hope this changes the dynamics of their relationship. What's with his end of the bargain? Is it to pull the plug? I mean Alok's. 

Cheers