Vikkas Manaktala exits Namah

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Vikkas Manaktala exits Namah just after 28 days; Gets replaced by Tarun Khanna

In an interaction with the production house, it got revealed why the swap has been made.

October 20, 2019 12:40 PM

It's just been 28 days since we heard that actor Vikkas Manaktala was roped in to essay the role of Shiva in the mythological series Namah. But all of a sudden we hear that he has now parted ways from the production and now to step into the shoes of Vikkas, actor Tarun Khanna has been finalized. 

Talking about his exit from the show, Vikkas, in an interview with TOI, said,“Yes, my agreement with Namah is over. It’s a mutual decision that has been taken by the production house and me. Low ratings and a lack of connect with the audience are the two reasons for this creative call. Since it’s a finite series, a lot of changes creatively and within the team have happened to make the show viable for the makers. This is what I have been told. I had a small journey, and the feedback has been positive. I am now moving forward to the next chapter.”

Actor Tarun however, is happy to have taken up the role. He says,“Vikkas has been a friend for years now. I don’t know why he has exited the show, but I am happy that I have been considered to play Mahadev again. After Karmphal Data Shani, RadhaKrishn and Santoshi Maa, this is my fourth show in which I will play the deity in my career. However, this is the first time I am stepping into someone else’s shoes to essay the role of Shiva. Though I have played this character before, I have saved some tricks up my sleeve, which I will put to use in this show.”

Producer Ved Raj has given a little clarification to the situation and had told the daily that initially the show was based on blending mythology and fantasy. But the concept didn't do too well and they are going back to focusing the show on mythology. The role of Lord Vishnu will be mainstream from now onward and Lord Shiva's role which was essayed by Vikkas will be reduced considerable. Owing to the same the production house has let go of Vikkas and have roped in Tarun Khanna. 

While the fate of the show still, hangs in balance, only time will tell if this transition helps with the TRPs or not. 

Vikkas looks good, but he couldn't deliver nice dialogue like Shiva. His voice was not suitable for shiva.

Wish him luck for future.

Tarun Khanna looks a bit over-made up. Will wait and see how it turns out

Originally posted by milindt

Vikkas looks good, but he couldn't deliver nice dialogue like Shiva. His voice was not suitable for shiva.

Wish him luck for future.

Tarun Khanna looks a bit over-made up. Will wait and see how it turns out

I am more worried about the chemistry between Parvati ad this new guy Tarun. 

Also, Tarun is much older than the rest of the cast and its obvious that the CVs wanted both the leads to be off same age group, so this does change factors. 

The show is titled namah and it was suppose to explore friendship between mahadev and narayan and yet these guys are planning to reduce mahadev's role and focus on only narayan. They are the entire foundation of the show. They could have brought SRJ if they wanted same age group actor. Tarun is not bad as Shiv either. I have seen his work in shani