Power packed performance!

determination thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello All!

My name is Priya. It’s been a long time since I made any post on IF. I watch a few Indian soaps on Hotstar (as well as on tv if I’m at home). Generally, I am a silent reader who follows most posts on the forum but hardly writes any. However, today, Karan’s acting drove me to make this post.

One of the toughest jobs for any actor is to make his/her audience relate to his/her character. And I have to say that I was completely invested in ‘Rohit’ today. His character really brought forth all the questions I’ve had in mind while watching TV serials. My family includes a lot of medical professionals and they are forever asking me why serials (and movies) portray the medical (and legal) professions in such an incorrect manner. And I generally end up having no answer to these types of questions. The portrayal of doctors is often outlandish and bizarre, bordering on insulting. In fact, a very near one has even asked me to look up the procedure to lodge a formal complaint against such wrong portrayals (hence, I could connect with Rohit’s frustrations completely today).

And I have to say that this instant connection was possible because of Karan’s brilliant acting. It is indeed very difficult to maintain one’s comic timing onscreen, as if it is off, it makes a scene look weird. And Karan today handled that very well. His every reaction to ‘Parvati’s’ dialogues was bang on! He just showed what magic he can create with his acting prowess. (He was equally good with his comic timing in his previous show, i.e. BHRK). 

Thus,I was completely besotted with Rohit toady. I had already liked his bonding with the 6 year old 'Preeti' yesterday (though cardiac surgeons are generally more reserved or at least use the same façade, in reality). His ease showed that Rohit cared for his young (and definitely cute) patient and the way he explained the essential requirement of surgery in simple words was worthy of appreciation.👍🏼 Good doctors never treat their patients as too immature or uneducated to understand the nature of their treatments. Further, Karan’s heart-warming smile during the hug definitely brought a few tears to my eyes (yes, I get overly emotional – well! that’s why I watch these tv series).

I have to say that I enjoyed myself thoroughly today too and actually called up friends and relatives requesting them to watch the episode. And am happy to say that they were all praise for Rohit and Sandeepji’s conceptualisation of the character. One family member (a doctor) even told me that he felt Rohit’s outburst exacted a vengeance which was long overdue.👍🏼

Kudos to Karan for such a phenomenal performance!

While I have only good words for Karan’s performance today I have to accept that the soap (KHKT) though intending to break stereotypes is also propagating some of them. One of those instances would be the completely unreal portrayal of the maid, ‘Mimmi’. Which maid in such a wealthy household dares to behave in such a way with the members of the family? She was completely OTT. However, I guess she could only get away with it because Rohit (the character) is ‘all bark and no bite’, at least as long as nobody hurts his patient.

Though I want to stick to the scope of this topic and restrict myself to Karan’s acting, I think it would be unfair not to mention how much I’ve liked watching the other actors. Dipika is not only looking beautiful but is a very good fit for both the roles of ‘Sonakshi’ and ‘Parvati’.👍🏼 And the subtle differences she brings to these two characters is worthy of mention. Sonakshi’s down to earth nature is a completely winner, at least for me. Dipika made me connect with Sonakshi through her alluring smile which hid all her pain. Sonakshi’s concern for her errant sister was very much visible and her affection for her brother brought a smile to my face. Another actor who’s stood out for me in these few episodes is Anahitaji. She’s simply outstanding.👍🏼

Well, it seems like I’ve gone on and on and it’s now time to sign off and go back to work. I apologise for barging into the forum and writing such a long piece (I’m sure some of you are really bored!) but I have to say that I just could not stop myself from writing this piece. Hope you all enjoyed (or enjoy depending on when you watch it) today’s episode as much as I did. Also, sorry if this write-up acts as a spoiler for a few of you.

Please let me know your opinion (you may disagree with my point of view and I like reading about those too as that gives me another perspective). These are fairly early days. Hoping this show does really well!

With warm wishes

Priya

Edited by determination - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Riana31 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I cant believe i laughed so much today morning after watching the 3rd episode of hotstar. I mean like most of us had forgot laughing because of the depressive, emotional, OTT drama content mostly present in every channel. But this show is performing on a different dimension. I cant believe this show is for real. It not only reaslitic and comical but sooo detailed sooo open to the audience. Each and every element of this show is unique.

You guys wont believe... When Rohit's family's introduction was shown for the first time i thought Rohit's dadi will talk either about his gf or marriage but no they had a very realistic as well as proffessional conversation. I was jaw dropped by this. Because these days we are so overjudgemental about every show before the show a scene we get to know an idea regarding the whole scene but this was totally different.

Second good thing, Although sippy family is a joint family but still they are happy because they are been given much privacy which i most probably never see in other shows. Infact when Rohit was reacting on Parvati's drama that time too i thought now the whole family will appear but no. This scene was very reletable.

I have too say a lot... But currently they aired only 3 episodes. Let them air more episodes near future then people themselves will say how much amazing and refreshing is this show !!!! ❤❤❤❤

Edited by Riana31 - 4 years ago
determination thumbnail

Thank you for the reply. 

Yes, 'refreshing' is definitely the apt word here as the concept, lead pair as well as the portrayal of each character is quite fresh. Sonakshi for me was like a breath of fresh air.

Another thing  I personally liked was both the leads' wardrobe (or what we've seen so far). Sonakshi was shown to go to work in a simple kurti and jeans (I think)... nothing bizarre. Rohit was also appropriately dressed - be it after his game or at the hospital or even at home. It made everything more relatable. 

I mentioned in my previous post about Sonakshi and Pulkit's bonding. The other bond that I liked was that of Rohit and his grandmother's. Hope to see more of both.

Rohit's family till now has behaved like any normal family, which made me instantly connect with them.

Finally, Rohit is now on a roll... no stopping him. Today's episode was a complete stress buster.

paradize12344 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I have also watched him in BHRK. I loved him as Shaan. I think he is one of the best actor when it comes to romcom. He also has 15 years of huge experience & is very talented actor. 

Todays episode was such a stress buster. I hope this show remains like this & they don't change it for the sake of trp.

Fiction-Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hey completely agree on this. Karan’s today’s performance was simply outstanding. Just loved the way he has expressed his anger, anxiety. I was also non stop laughing throughout episode. 

Liking both leads acting and story execution till now.. Looking forward for same..

determination thumbnail

Originally posted by: paradize12344

I have also watched him in BHRK. I loved him as Shaan. I think he is one of the best actor when it comes to romcom. He also has 15 years of huge experience & is very talented actor. 

Todays episode was such a stress buster. I hope this show remains like this & they don't change it for the sake of trp.

Thank you for the reply.

'Shaan' is one of my all time favourite Male Leads. I also liked his portrayal of 'Karan' in one of his earlier and most popular shows, YMGGK (where I enjoyed watching his chemistry with the Female Lead). Karan is a truly gifted actor and his acting when it comes to the Rom-Com genre always leaves me speechless.

With Star Plus, I'm never sure. I've read that sometimes talented actors from good shows (conceptually) are forced to leave if the show doesn't do well in the TRP charts.

determination thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishti_forever

Hey completely agree on this. Karan’s today’s performance was simply outstanding. Just loved the way he has expressed his anger, anxiety. I was also non stop laughing throughout episode. 

Liking both leads acting and story execution till now.. Looking forward for same..

Thank you for the reply.

Today, the surgeon in Rohit felt insulted and frustrated... and Karan portrayed the same frustration with a lot of conviction. Though I ardently ship certain 'jodis' of tv serials, sometimes, even I feel like banging my head on hard wood because of the utter non-sense they show on screen. 

As I've said a lot about Karan, I'll take this opportunity to confess that even Sonakshi won my heart today when she was talking about the challenges a television actor faces like the hardships of sticking to any diet etc. Any professional (from any field) puts in a lot of hard work and the same must be respected by the society.

AngelSREE thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Today morning when I watched the show i also felt the same way as you..  i always used to think why the indian dramas are so much illogical.. but this show is giving me a good feeling... I hope it doesn't turn out to be like other soaps...👎🏼

determination thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelSREE

Today morning when I watched the show i also felt the same way as you..  i always used to think why the indian dramas are so much illogical.. but this show is giving me a good feeling... I hope it doesn't turn out to be like other soaps...👎🏼

Thank you for the reply. 

When I saw the promotions, newspaper reports etc. and got to know that Rohit has a huge family, I was afraid that this show will also feature a loud, kind of trashy family, and within a few months the Female Lead would become an 'abla nari', trying to solve everyone's problems. Till now my apprehensions have not come true and for that I'm glad. 

Rohit's family (not the servants) surprisingly seems normal. Hope they stick to the plot (and don't get sidetracked by TRP concerns). I really wish they maintain the high quality that I've seem in the first three episodes as 'run-of-the-mill' shows though boring seem to rule the TRP audiences' hearts.

ishra_bestluv thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

yes loved the episode 

Being a doctor myself I can totally relate to Rohit. The Indian tv has always showed medical profession in the wrong light. They show buzzard procedures and nonsense treatment plans. 

Loved Deepika, she is playing two roles in the show but I must say she successfully creates a clear demarcation between the characters... so aptly présented so far ❤️

Edited by ishra_bestluv - 4 years ago