UPDATE ( 31/5) - Ignition - One Shot FF on ShiVya-Pg 3

Posted: 4 years ago

I'd almost given up hope on Hindi TV serials , and then I stumbled on DivyaDrshti . I love the show , it's so different from anything I've seen on the Hindi supernatural platform . So far the plot seems good, the writing fun and the couples -amazing. DriKShit  set the screen on fire , but I've always had a soft spot for the secondary-ish couples. If I HAD to pick just one character who fascinates me , it'd have to be Shikar . So, here's a tribute to the complex relationship that is ShiVya .

Prey and Predator

Shikar's always thought of himself as the predator . Now , he no longer knows. 

He doesn't know quite how to explain it. The dance should have been awkward , a forced parody of  the usual wedding reception performances. After all, he's worked hard during all of the practice sessions . Making sure it's a strained , graceless, unwieldy thing , a reflection of their relationship , a mirror of who they are . It's a carefully plotted , if cruel game of running hot and cold. And yet , despite all the preparation ,his and Psachinis , it's transformed into something Shikar doubts any of them saw coming . 

Perhaps it's because of D's outfit , a slinky , long column of a dress  . It had looked harmless , dull in fact when he'd picked it out of the pile his mother had sent . How was he to know it would fit her like a second skin ? or that the leather belt would cinch a tiny waist ,even further in . Worst of all , he hadn't paid attention to the slit , and now her mile long legs played peek a boo with the satiny fabric.  

It takes  everything  Shikar has , to  fight to chain the rage , calm the urge to punch every man who looks at her , to push back the need to knock the air out of the soft whistles that follow her . In the dim light, with the outfit and her fall of mahogany hair, she  truly looks like an ethereal creature , a being who's escaped from worlds he knows not of.  He has to force himself to remember , the plan was for to Divya to be crazy in love with him, not the other way. 

He copes with the jumble of emotions the best way he knows , by ignoring them, and in turn , her.  Shikar circles the room exchanging pleasant , inane conversations , carefully avoiding her . He even goes as far as flirting with the half wit , Lavanya . "What a waste the gift is on the idiot , the universe must have a wry sense of humour", he muses . Despite his best efforts, there are moments when they're pushed together . There , he works doubly hard to appear cool , uninterested and indifferent to her. Shikar watches as warm brown eyes look up at him questions and confusion dancing in them. It's obvious to him, she's not half the badass she pretends she is , and " really Divya should know better than to leave herself so vulnerable." He grits his teeth and forces himself to turn away from her , and instead press a kiss into the palm of the twit in front of him. He can feel D's fury , the icy disdain , and almost  sense the shutters drop behind her eyes. 

Shikar watches as she slips effortlessly into a circle of admirers ,  her voice joining in their shared laughter. The sound of the idiots surrounding her, vying for her attention  grates his nerves , scrapes them raw. He forces himself to spin Lavanya , twirl and hold her in a dip. All the time wishing it was D instead. It's when a particular moron thinks it's a good idea to wrap his arms around D , that his thinly veiled temper snaps. In one smooth move , Shikar's priced the idiot's arms off her waist with enough force to leave the man wincing , before tugging her into his own. Through clenched teeth , he manages to bite out " So sorry Mr Mehra , I need my wife back . We've got a performance you see". She tugs on his arm, forcing them to a halt , hissing "What the hell Shikar ?" His own response is just as sharp " We've a dance princess ,  the public is waiting. You can go back to flirting later."   

Her voice is soft , the barest hint of nerves , "Do we have to.." ,in an anxious gesture her hand swipes across her lips. In that moment he wants to hold her close , erase the worry peering at him from nut brown eyes. But that's not the plan, and  he'd do well to remember she's rejected him time and again. His voice is harsh, and grip sharper , "Scared after all D?" he taunts . Her eyes turn cold, flat and she wrenches her hand from his , stalking to the centre of the hall. "Good , it's a good thing. Divya's  anger has made it easier , clearing  any doubts he has about the plan." 

A dry grin crosses his face ,as Shikar strolls forward . It'll be easy , a few minutes of awkward dancing , before he'll drop to the floor during a lift ,taking her down with him. And then , then...  blame it all on the pain from the stab wound , leaving D ,if he's calculated right , drowning in guilt. Easy.

Except , it's anything but.The lights dim, and he can hear the start of the song , see D swaying in front. In the space of a heartbeat , everything's changed . It's like a switch has flipped somewhere inside him. When he reaches for her ,  her eyes register some of his own surprise and confusion .  This was not the plan.

Initially, their  steps are a strange mixture of the practiced steps  , and impulsive moves . The music swells , the rest of the world fades out.

It's as if she's just as spell bound as he is , following blindly as he leads . With each beat they're moving further away from the choreographed steps . And yet, she moves smoothly, pliant in his arms , as if they've done this a hundred , if not a thousand times before . Gone are the stiff , uncoordinated moves  , instead they dance as if  one body , seamlessly in sync . Moving intuitively with each other. It's as is she can read his mind , moving in tandem with him , even before he dances out of one move, and  into the next.  

Her scent swirls around him, drawing him in deep, while she spins out . It's a heady mix - tart and almost cuttingly sharp,  with a surprising underlying sweetness . Like  lemon or a citrus of some kind  , it's a scent  he'll forever associate with D.

"Drop down now , fall now"  his brain screams , the strains of the music drown it out . Her arms lock around his hands,  and heavy lidded eyes of dark caramel look into his own with trust . Her head tips back, and the sweep of hair slides down his back.He can't drop her  anymore than he can stop breathing . 

Even as the music begins to fade , his hooded eyes meet her own , a storm of emotions in both ; desire swirling to the top. She shifts, infinitesimal closer , and his hands move of their own accord , cradling her face. Her eyes flutter close , his own droop.

In a blinding flash, the lights come up, and the thunderous applause jerks them apart.

Edited by Emotionsinink - 4 years ago

finally someone doing justice to shikhar and divya! uff if only your beautiful words could translate on screen as well! i love drikshit they set the screen on fire but these two have so much potential their love story can be dark and twisted but the makers are sitting on it waiting for some mahurat that doesnt seem to be coming! also now that divya is under p's control I was hoping we could get some steamy scenes but no wow suddenly she is interested in rakshit whhhyyyyyyy

Lovely os... They do have the potential if only the makers pay attention in developing them... 

Thank you so much 😊

Yes, once I realized Shikar was this grey character, as is D I was SO THRILLED. 

In fact, with the whole  stabbing scene, and dressing change walla scene I had such hope 😆

Still, with the whole Rakshit interest idea, I really hope it fully brings out Shikar's possessive side. I have ideas of wall slams/kitchen confrontations running through my mind.😛

Ps: Low key relieved I'm not the only one waiting for a twisty story.

Thank you 😊

I know, I really hope this does not become yet another wasted second leads story.

Originally posted by Emotionsinink

Thank you so much 😊

Yes, once I realized Shikar was this grey character, as is D I was SO THRILLED. 

In fact, with the whole  stabbing scene, and dressing change walla scene I had such hope 😆

Still, with the whole Rakshit interest idea, I really hope it fully brings out Shikar's possessive side. I have ideas of wall slams/kitchen confrontations running through my mind.😛

Ps: Low key relieved I'm not the only one waiting for a twisty story.

they have the potential for a crazy volatile story uff though doubt it's going to happen! they dont have any individual scenes together at all such an ultimate shame

This was inspired by the Drikshit Holi scene, which was awesome, but I felt it was kinda missing a ShivYa angle. So here you go. I fully blame this burst of writing on my binge watching last weekend. Now my brain won't shut up.   This may be an OS or a series, we shall see what my brain vomits  😆

*these are Shikar's thoughts*

Vacillate

( verb) : to waver between different opinions or actions.  Shikar's never been one to question his decisions.  All of that has changed since the damn girl walked in. Now he's second-guessing everything.

If there's one thing Shikar's never done, it's to question the choices he's made. Not when he leaked the final semester question paper on design theory - the professor had been an idiot. Or,when he'd honey trapped the HOD- the asshole had been a sexual predator on the loose. Some might say it's a skewed way of ensuring fair play, but he'd say they had it coming anyway.                                            

It's something of a shock , when he finds himself reconsidering trapping D, and handing her over like a lamb to the slaughter. Of course, challenging Pisachini is impossible, not to mention a sure-fire to ensure pain for himself. The only person Shikar's ever truly cared about , is himself  - first, last and always. The occasional exception, up until now, is Rakshit. D's changing things, and he's not sure he likes it.

She's dancing with Rashi , more like bopping along vaguely, limbs uncoordinated, and higher than a kite. Shikar tells himself it's instinct that has him reaching for her, preventing her from taking a tumble to the ground. Besides, Pisachini wouldn't want her precious gift to be damaged, not before she gets the Kaal Vijay Ratna at least. He moves to set her down and to see where the damn devil woman has gone , when D's arms curl around his neck.

Her voice is soft, if a little slurred " You don't have any colour on you, pretty boy. Issa wrong not to have colour on Holi", the last part is a screech, one which has him pulling away. The arms around him tighten, and a frown crosses her pretty face, her lips pout in mock anger. He freezes,  "God, she's cute". Not for the first time, Shikar wishes they were two people who'd met under other circumstances. But he's learned the tough way, wishes don't change a damn thing.

D's swung an arm through his, tugging him along to a counter of colours.  "What the hell ! the demon lady is not around, and he might as well enjoy what little time he has left with D. Who knows what will be left of her; if anything by the time Pisachini 's done with her." If the thought sends a shudder down his spine and leaves him cold, clammy he pushes it away. Life is ugly, and it's only the tough who survive. Who knows better, than Shikar Shergill.

He forces his voice to sound light, teasing, " And why would that concern you D?". She pauses her perusal of colours, to wheel around and face him, "because, it's our first Holi together, stupid." It's like a slap to the face. Logically, he knows it's the magical bangh talking, but curiosity demands he ask more. His voice is whisper soft, "I thought  Holi and our couple  traditions meant nothing to you."  Turning abruptly, D's back to staring at the plates of powders. Her voice is sharp when she replies, " I changed my mind, or did I need your permission for it,  Sir Shergill?"

This...this banter and jabs he's used to, it's when she's curled in his arms that his thoughts cloud. The wry quip at the tip of his tongue fades, as Shikar finds her looking up at him, fists full of colour. Even with the heels she totters around in, D's still a full head shorter than he is, and soft Bambi eyes smile up at him. Clad in bright yellow, with a silly off-kilter grin, she looks like a goddamned sunbeam.

Grin still cheerfully in place, she reaches up to cup his face, leaving behind a smudge of bright blue. He grabs her hand, holding it in place as she tries to slide her palm away.  With colour and the haze of bangh in the air, it's like they're cocooned in a world of their own. Right now, he wants this moment to be theirs alone, one of the few they might ever have. 

When he moves, it's painfully slow, giving her more than enough time to move, even run, should she choose to.  He half expects her to, bangh or not. By now, he really should know better, D never does what's expected. Yet, it comes as a shock, when her fingers trace his jaw, soft, exploratory. 

He reaches out blindly, arms curling around her waist. She cuddles closer, fingers mapping his face, as if memorising it. It's easier when he shuts his eyes, closes himself off to this version of her. He has to remember, it's only because she's drunk off God knows what Psachini's mix held.

If anything, it makes things worse. She's moved closer, fingers skimming boldly across his face. Curious fingers tip into the dip in his cheek,  D's delighted cry of " I love dimples", has him leaning closer, fingers digging into her waist. It's a long moment before Shikar opens his eyes, part of him hoping it's just one of his dreams.

He looks down to find D waiting, uncharacteristically patient, the remains of colour powder held out in her hands. Her eyes are twinkling up at him, and there's laughter in her voice, " your turn,  dimples". Everything in him yearns to reach out, slide colour across those porcelain cheeks. He has a choice to make. 

With an unsteady hand, Shikar reaches for the powder.

Rakshit's voice cuts through the air,  and in the blink of an eye, she's turned away from him, jogging towards Rakshit. Shikar's left holding nothing. The powder slides through his fingers, a shower of red. 

He'd forgotten, momentarily, that D was never his. To think he'd thought of defending her, handing her the mangled remains of his heart. Shikar Shergill had merely been an unexpected, unhappy accident in D's life. A pathetic, second-hand consolation prize. Her own choice had been and evidently, despite everything, is still Rakshit.

It's as if an Arctic breeze blows through him, hardening his heart, leaving behind an icy trail of vindictive logic. It's past time Pisachini began her damn plan. Besides , sunbeams had no place in the dark. 

He'd made his choice.

Edited by Emotionsinink - 4 years ago

This one's beautiful... Divya really is like sunshine.... I've always wanted to see Shi Ponder over him being the second choice... Nah scratch that... Shi was never a choice to begin with... It was just by deceit he got her in his life... But even then I wanted to hear his thoughts on this and I'm positive that we're not going to get it... 

Can you please edit the title and mention that another os is there on pg 2 so that everyone knows that there's another story on a different page... Thanks 

Originally posted by lovefk

they have the potential for a crazy volatile story uff though doubt it's going to happen! they dont have any individual scenes together at all such an ultimate shame

They dooooo. Right now this whole ship is so underused. Maybe it's because they'd rather play up the assured TRP topper Rich billionaire versus PA . It would be nice if for once they'd push newer ideas.

Ehh. All of my frustration is going to come out here on IF

Originally posted by Hajiaysha

Beautiful ❤️

Thank you 😳