Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Illuminatus.

That was tough... How could you leave us on such a cliffhanger... 

I want the next chapter asap... 
I want the Hulk blowing the city of Milan into smithereens. 
😆

Hulk will take his true place.. whether he will blow the city into smithereens or his ego is a separate question altogether!
shrattila thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aarjee

Great updates. The 'hide and seek' romance is very interesting. Even though one can foresee the final outcome, it is the journey to that end which is made fabulous by your writing skills. Eagerly waiting to know what happens next. I sense that a lot will happen in Milan, now that all the key characters have got together there.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. This is so amazing. Thank you for catching up and staying with the journey so far!
shrattila thumbnail

Originally posted by: FancyDewy92

Lady AsR is on the way...Well Bensal kushi friendship may gave a right decision to arnav ... Loved the progress ...Move on kushi ...

Thanks..Onwards and upwards!
shrattila thumbnail
Hi Readers
Thank you for all your love and affection. I won't keep you long with a note here. So without further ado, the next chapter!

Chapter 48

"Bansal", hollered ASR. The sound echoed through the empty storefront making both acutely conscious of the awkward position in which they had been found, and the possible misapprehensions it could lead to. They immediately broke their hug and put some distance between them, with Khushi particularly taking to fidgeting with her hair and dress. Aman was taking long strides to reach ASR to explain the situation.

Two things struck ASR at once - that Khushi had taken extra effort to dress up and that she was acting extremely nervous. 

"ASR you have to listen to me. It isn't like what you might imagine. Khushi and I..." 

A lone hand stopped Aman's tirade in mid-sentence. ASR casually walked up to Khushi, carefully inspecting her self, while she continued to fidget with her hair, her bracelet and other accessories that were part of her attire. 

"Ms. Gupta", he said curtly, the moniker drew a sharp response from Khushi who jerked her head up to look at him. "What are you doing here?"

The question was fairly reasonable. His tone, totally unreasonable. Holding her head high, Khushi replied, mimicking ASR's icy tone "Enjoying my life!"

The answer aggravated ASR further. "It's interesting Ms. Gupta, that you have no time to attend an important client meeting but have plenty of time for a secret rendezvous. I can only assume that your priorities have changed."

"People see what they want to see ASR. Who am I to correct their misgivings?"

Khushi, in the past, had addressed Arnav as Arnavji. She had also called him Arnav. She had never, in their four months of acquaintance called him ASR. The name didn't sound right on her lips. 

"Arnav...", he whispered through gritted teeth. 

"Of course, I forgot", she replied nonchalantly, picking an invisible fleck off her dress. "Arnav...Singh...Raizada... Now if you'll excuse me, I am getting late for dinner.

And she made her way out of the store, but not before thanking Aman once more for showing her this incredible space. 

After Khushi had left, Aman made his way to Arnav. He could sense that Arnav was going through an internal turmoil. Although he didn't understand what it was all about, he had come to guess that Khushi Kumari Gupta affected ASR in a way no other woman had. 

"Arnav", said Aman, using the name he often used when he transitioned from employee to friend. "What's bothering you?"

When Arnav didn't answer, he continued. "I've noticed that Khushi has a way of getting under your skin. I don't know why, but you lose all sense of rational thought when she is around. Is there something I should know?"

"Is there something I should know?" countered Arnav. "Di called me this afternoon. Between talking to me about the revisions in our partnership contracts and telling me about her and Shyam's upcoming Milan trip, she mentioned a phonecall from your mother. Apparently, the Gupta's have reached out to her with a marriage proposal for you. No brownie points for guessing who the bride is!"

Arnav waited for Aman to respond. When he didn't, he continued: "Aman, I know we usually talk shop and have always kept our personal and professional lives strictly separate. But as your friend, if there is something going on between you and Ms. Gupta, I would rather hear about it from you than Anjali Di."

When Aman still didn't respond, Arnav lost all his patience. "Bansal", he stated through gritted teeth, "Are you dating Khushi Kumari Gupta?"

"No", pat came the reply. "Not yet."

And not waiting for Arnav's response, Aman made his way out of the store, far into the maddening crowd. He didn't know what was going on with his personal life. And he was guessing Khushi didn't either. He had to find out. But first, he needed to speak with Khushi.

Aman arrived just as the plate of starters did. Khushi had already made herself comfortable and was now finding solace by staring into a painting of a mother, clad in red and navy blue holding her infant in her hand. The infant was fast asleep on her shoulder. The mother was resting her head on the infant gently so as to not awaken him. 

"Sassoferato", said Aman, bringing Khushi out of her reverie. 

"I beg your pardon?" 

"The name of the artist is Sassaferato...Giovanni Battista Salvi Sassoferato, famous 17th century Italian painter. Many of his works are held in a private collection. He loved painting Madonna and the Child. That's Mother Mary, gently holding baby Jesus."

A wry smile wrung from her lips. "Baby Jesus looks so content in that painting. He has no worries, he knows his mother is watching over him. I know this sounds silly, but I am envious of the Baby Jesus, Sassaferato has painted here."

Aman smiled waiting for Khushi to continue. "You know Aman, I was eight years old when I lost my parents to a very bad car accident. My biological father's older brother and his wife adopted me. They gave me a great life. They loved me as much as they loved their own daughter. But there is always something at the back of my mind that tells me I need to put their happiness before mine, that I need to think about them before I think about myself. I know its irrational. They have never given me a reason to believe that I don't matter, they have never made me feel like a step-child. Even then... when I met Arnav and he offered me that demeaning role of a business developer, I only took it because he threatened to harm my family."

Unaware of the shock that Aman had felt on hearing what she told him, she continued: "But Devi Maiyya was extremely kind. Arnavji found out in the nick of time that I had a major in Fashion Design and hired me to work at AR, thus nullifying that contract. Then he started treating me nice, teaching and mentoring me and he had his near-death accident. Just as I was beginning to get to know him and think he was not what he seemed on the surface, he ignores me and treats me like, what you just witnessed at the office." 

"Aman, what have I done to deserve his anger and hatred? Why does he take pleasure in humiliating me and making me cry? I can't even leave my job until I know, for the questions will continue to haunt me forever."

"Khushi," said Aman, gently taking her hand in his, "did you know that your family was planning to take a marriage proposal to my mother?"

When Khushi's eyes grew wide like saucers, Aman had his answer. "It seems ASR doesn't hate you. Quite the opposite in fact. It seems he is irrevocably in love with you. And he is unable to acknowledge the feeling because it is as foreign to him as living on Mars."

When Khushi began shaking her head to refute the statement, Aman stopped her. "Listen to me Khushi. I know ASR far longer than anyone else, except Anjali. I know when he is not being himself. Today, at the store, he was not being himself. I am not saying you should forgive him for what he has done to you or the way he has treated you, but I am asking you to make him realize that he is truly madly in love with you."

"How?"

"For starters, how about exacting a tiny bit of revenge for that demeaning proposal he put your way."

That made Khushi smile. Aman was a great friend. He could always make her smile. 

"Thank you," she said holding his hand. "I really mean it."

"Don't thank me too early," he replied. "After all, we are supposed to get married. God alone knows how I will get out of this mess. My mother will eat me alive."

"Why don't you have a wife or a girlfriend?"

"Long story, maybe some other time. Today is your day!"

And just like that two friends of four months were laughing and enjoying, sharing a meal, plotting on how to land Khushi her love. It was innocent and pure, just what Khushi needed. And she was glad Aman understood her and ASR. ASR was truly lucky to have such an amazing friend. And now, so was she. 

"Hello Buaji, how are you?, Khushi was desperately trying to sound cheerful over the phone. "Arre Titaliya, mubarak ho," squealed Buaji. "I am so happy today. Both my daughters are settled. And they have found such nice families to become part of and spread joy."

"But Buaji who told you that I liked Aman?"

"Bitiya, we haven't grown old just like that. We have seen plenty of the world. And when know when two people are madly in love. It shows on their face. Just like it did on yours and Aman's face during Payal's engagement. Aman couldn't take his eyes off you and you couldn't do anything without his help."

"But Buaji, we are just friends."

"That's what they all say, and then disaster strikes. Bitiya, why do you want to hide your true feelings? We are very happy with Aman beta. His mother is a very nice woman. You will be very happy after marriage. His mother - Lata Bansal - was very happy to hear that Aman has finally found a girl and was a bit surprised that Aman had not mentioned anything about you to her. But when we told them about how you and Aman met each other at work and how you both got to know each other, and when we showed her your picture, she immediately accepted. I am so happy Titaliya. Devi Maiyya has been extremely kind to us to give both our girls such loving and caring families. My blessings are with both of you."

Before Khushi could clarify, Buaji continued, "I know this is an expensive ISD call, so I will disconnect. Take care bitiya."

Aman was restlessly pacing his room, when he heard a loud knock on his door. He opened to see Khushi standing outside, in her sea green Salwar Kameez. 

"Aman", I just spoke to Buaji

"And," he whispered. 

"Apparently your mother is really happy that you've finally found your bride."

Aman sat down, the palm of his hand squarely placed on his forehead. 

"I don't have the courage to speak to my mother. She will be really mad at me."

"I'll speak to Aunty, tell her that this was all a very big misunderstanding on my family's part and that there is nothing going on between the two of us."

"Will you?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me Aman, that's what friends are for."

"Great, let me dial her number for you."

And because there was limited reception in Aman's room, Khushi wandered to the hotel's hallway. And she was stading right outside Arnav Singh Raizada's room when she said the words, "Hello Lata Aunty, my name is Khushi, and I am your son's friend."

Edited by shrattila - 5 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail
I was laughing out loud when I read the last line.
Serves the great ASR right.
Aman is always a sweet heart, though never showed his face in the show or did he?
ASR and his famous jealousy. What are they planning to do to take revenge on Arnav?  or was the phone call part of the plan?
Lovely update.
Cheers...

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Aman is a true friend for both arnav n khusi i hope he n khusi comes out from this mess which their families have created.
Janu75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Their proposal reached Arnav first ...Aman is really smart to find out the real reason behind asks outburst..
Hope they continue this facade I front of Arnav to voice out his feelings and keeping the families too in the loop..
Very nice update.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Aman and Khushi are mad, I hope their Planning doesnt anger Arnav so much that he goes and offers the demeaning contract to some other woman, just to get back at khushi
pravallika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Aman is a sweetheart.. he understood what arnav is feeling for kushi and he is now ready to help kushi get her love..
Buaji has landed everyone in a mess and hope kushi will be able to clear it speaking to aman's mom..
  But she is standing right infront of arnav's room and speaking.. hope arnav doesn't come to know of their plan and it shouldn't backfire kushi..
    You always leave us on a cliff shruti 
  Eagerly waiting dear.. 

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hahahaha... too good... this is very very interesting!