Kajol to reunite on screen with Ajay Devgn after 10 years

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Updated: October 30, 2018  | Mayur Lookhar

Ajay Devgn, who is currently filming for the period film Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior, could soon be joined by wife Kajol on the project. The Helicopter Eela (2018) actress is set to play Taanaji's wife in the period film.

A source close to the film's unit said, "Kajol will be playing Taanaji's wife. She has a guest appearance in the film.

It is after 10 years that Kajol will share screen space with her husband. The duo was last seen together in U Me Aur Hum (2008), which was directed by Devgn himself.

Devgn plays Maratha warrior Tanaji Malusare, one of Shivaji's closest aides and top generals who was killed in the Battle of Sinhagad in 1670, fought between Shivaji's Mavlas and the Mughal forces led by the Rajput general Udaybhan Rathod.

Legend has it that Tanaji left his son's wedding midway after Shivaji summoned him to lead the charge to capture the fort, then known as Kondana and reputed to be impregnable.

Legend also has it that Tanaji and his troops used a domesticated ghorpad, or monitor lizard, named Yashwanti to scale the sheer cliff on which the fort stands near Pune.

While the Marathas won the fort, Tanaji, who fought valiantly, fell in battle. The fort was renamed Sinhagad in his honour as the grief-stricken Shivaji is believed to have cried, "Gad ala, pan sinh gela [I got my fort but lost my lion]."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Literally nobody was asking for this. ðŸ˜†
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kajol go reunite with SRK. And pick a better film than Dilwale. Although I must say their story in Dilwale was the best part. I so wish the whole movie was that story!
Why don't they just give her the role of Rakesh Sharma's wife instead of doing this disaster Ajay Devgan movie? 

Originally posted by: ranikaadi

who cares. They need to reunite in bed.

Lol
Unless it is in a movie like Badhai Ho with them being the older pair, I don't think there is anybody who is waiting for their pair!🤔
Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is great news and my favourite on screen couple Ajay Devgn and Kajol are reuniting. I've been waiting for this for years and nows it's finally happen.

Ajay Devgn haters on this thread will need tissues on 22nd Nov 2019. I'm giving plenty next year and they are very special ones.

#AjayDevgnFan #Nikhil
Nikhil718 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranikaadi

who cares. They need to reunite in bed. 

Ajay Devgn hater on this thread?

I will reunite with all the Ajay Devgn haters on this forum for a war in 2019.

Ajay & Kajol are the best couple.

#AjayDevgnFan
Edited by Nikhil718 - 5 years ago
Nikhil718 thumbnail

Originally posted by: whispermist

Why don't they just give her the role of Rakesh Sharma's wife instead of doing this disaster Ajay Devgan movie? 

Have you read the script for this movie? Stop spreading neagivity if you're a Ajay Devgn hater.

This reuinion is super duper cool because Ajay & Kajol are the best.

If you don't like then don't watch this film. It will make life easier.

Taanaji is for Ajay Devgn fans like me

#AjayDevgnFan
Nikhil718 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Unless it is in a movie like Badhai Ho with them being the older pair, I don't think there is anybody who is waiting for their pair!🤔

Oh lord. You got it wrong.

I'm the only one who is waiting for this pair.

Kajol is casted for this movie because they need a heroine who can speak Marathi. So she the best actress for this role

#AjayDevgnFan