How is it a love story?

Three.Broomstic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
How is it a love story if the boy and girl marry so many other people without even a touch late guilt of betrayal. 
Star crossed lover or not it takes away the love from the love story if they have so many meaningful/meaningless marriages

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If only ekta ever understood the meaning of love and the sanctity of marriage! She has trivialised and made a joke out of both in her shows!
ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Old Kasauti was so complex that I doubt if that story can be termed as a love story
New Kasauti can become a love story if Anurag and Prerna either stay with each other or stay single without marrying random people
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
in EK's world this is actually classified as Love and she only knows this depiction. you can't argue.
athai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well, I am very critical of the multiple marriage tracks that Ekta introduced in KZK and in no way endorse it, but is it necessary for a love story to turn into a successful marriage story to be a love story?

I am asking because I am a social scientist by profession dealing with human life, relation and psychology. My specialization is in human communication. From the way I see it, love is an emotion while marriage is an institution introduced for the purpose of avoiding conflict among men and giving identity to children. I watched KZK on and off up until the second generation was introduced and although in my early teens back then, I think what stood out for me was the progressive nature of the show in terms of exploring love and relationships.

Prerna's marriage to Anurag and later to Mr Bajaj were not meaningless: she loved Anurag with all her heart but their marriage was an epic failure (I think I have seen enough in life to know that not all people who love each other can be happy with each other) and she started loving Mr Bajaj for his years of support, dedication and love for not just her but also for her daughter. Anurag's marriages were actually quite meaningless although he tried his level best to make all of them work but each of the women were introduced as vamps, so the poor sole never got much chance at happiness although I secretly rejoiced at it as his punishment for caving in to his mother's tantrums and ditching Prerna the first time as well the lack of trust he showed towards Prerna while he was married to her.

I was never a big fan of KZK nor a big fan of the leads which made it easier for me to see the potential that the plot held but also the limitations in direction, twists and turns introduced that compromised with the basic essence of the story. I think the beauty of this love story lies in the fact that you can love someone all your life knowing that you have had your chance at being together only to realize that you only made each other miserable and that it is entirely possible to find happiness elsewhere.
UKGirl22 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: athai

Well, I am very critical of the multiple marriage tracks that Ekta introduced in KZK and in no way endorse it, but is it necessary for a love story to turn into a successful marriage story to be a love story?

I am asking because I am a social scientist by profession dealing with human life, relation and psychology. My specialization is in human communication. From the way I see it, love is an emotion while marriage is an institution introduced for the purpose of avoiding conflict among men and giving identity to children. I watched KZK on and off up until the second generation was introduced and although in my early teens back then, I think what stood out for me was the progressive nature of the show in terms of exploring love and relationships.

Prerna's marriage to Anurag and later to Mr Bajaj were not meaningless: she loved Anurag with all her heart but their marriage was an epic failure (I think I have seen enough in life to know that not all people who love each other can be happy with each other) and she started loving Mr Bajaj for his years of support, dedication and love for not just her but also for her daughter. Anurag's marriages were actually quite meaningless although he tried his level best to make all of them work but each of the women were introduced as vamps, so the poor sole never got much chance at happiness although I secretly rejoiced at it as his punishment for caving in to his mother's tantrums and ditching Prerna the first time as well the lack of trust he showed towards Prerna while he was married to her.

I was never a big fan of KZK nor a big fan of the leads which made it easier for me to see the potential that the plot held but also the limitations in direction, twists and turns introduced that compromised with the basic essence of the story. I think the beauty of this love story lies in the fact that you can love someone all your life knowing that you have had your chance at being together only to realize that you only made each other miserable and that it is entirely possible to find happiness elsewhere.

I think Indian television serials fail most in their portrayal of men. They always show men as being unable to take a stand, unable to juggle family and relationships. Poor man who has a cruel mother and all these vampy women preventing him from doing what he should. They just reinforce the societal stereotypes.
athai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: UKGirl22

I think Indian television serials fail most in their portrayal of men. They always show men as being unable to take a stand, unable to juggle family and relationships. Poor man who has a cruel mother and all these vampy women preventing him from doing what he should. They just reinforce the societal stereotypes.

Oh yes. Men unable to take a stand or even identify evil activities taking place right under their nose by their mothers, sisters or random women are ITV's favourite heroes, but then, these very men take stand against their wife/girlfriend at the drop of a hat. Trust me, had you seen KZK, you could feel Anurag's pain, you would feel sad for him but you would never want Prerna to return to this man who could never value her. I appreciated KZK for giving a beautiful woman to ITV who chose not to go back to a man who she loved all her life because this man had hurt her emotions, self- respect and belittled her way too often.
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah I agree with multiple marriages, I don't understand how is it Love story. Marriage is JOKE for Ekta, and she will show this here as well.