Epi 4: Thoughts & Comments

wuthering thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

I have been a fan of Parth since seeing his work in KYY (the show which I became aware of and watched in a marathon last year), so I was waiting to see what he takes up next. IMO, his strengths are romance and passion. As in, he  portrays those two emotions decently well so I was curious how he would portray Anurag, who is in sharp contrast to the character he previously played.

He has been pretty decent so far and even reminded me of his previous characters mannerisms especially in the first episode. So good going.

Regarding Erica, I have only caught a few episodes of KRPKAB, so can't comment as much on her acting style but I do agree that her dialogue delivery, especially her enunciation leaves a little to be desired. I don't want to dwell too much on her acting just yet.

Now coming to the actual episode:

I was a little bored with AnuPres interaction today and maybe even yesterday- and the fault lies in the writers, not the actors. The entire yawn sequence from yesterday appeared cute on the surface level but it was a little overkill. Similarly, todays discussion on love just came out of nowhere.
I get that AnuPre is one of the rare jodis on todays television- we actually SEE the first meeting of most couples on ITA these days and there is an instant spark - and either its love at first sight or hate at first sight which later turns to love. ðŸ˜† But the case of AnuPre is different. They have known each other for 10 +years and we are going to experience how their casual acquaintance turns into love. But I am highly disappointed in the writing so far.

EK shows are highly regressive and OTT but one thing she always delivers on is the initial chemistry and story arc between the lead pair. You know the kind, where you wait with bated breath for each and every scene of the couple and it makes you all fuzzy and mush with how cute the couple is!

I am YET to feel that for AnuPre. I don't know if its only me and maybe I should be more patient (it is only the 4th episode for crying out loud). But I am really disappointed so far. Usually Friday episodes leave the story at a HIGH point - that fans like me have to wait for the entire weekend to see what happens next and how cute the next couple interaction is going to be. From todays precap, it seems like their boring talks on love, thorns and pain is going to continue next week as well. ðŸ˜•ðŸ¥±

Whats cute in that? ðŸ˜• I mean they are talking about love and pain in this defeatist tone already that its sounding pretty blah to me. I know the story from KZK1 and how these two are not supposed to end up together (going by the train tracks ads we got)- but for two college going kids isn't all this a little too heavy?

Even from Prerna who is supposed to be the dreamy one- what was that about her giving that Thorn Bird example? Who talks about love by such examples? 

PS: Aside, I really like the acting of Anurags parents so far. Perfect casting. Also liked Naveen up until todays episode. He was being pretty menacing but today he came across like a joker with his entire "Didi please give me Prerna" rant. He came across a petulant kid rather than the menacing villain from yesterday. ðŸ¥±

PPS: Some comments on vanity. ðŸ˜› Parth looks good. Erica looks gorgeous. Minus the traditional requirement of the BIG Indian eyes, her face is pretty attractive. But I wish Prernas styling was a little better. Her whole family was in North Indian garb- to show they are Not Bengalis, but she was wearing HEAVY Bengali clothes. ðŸ˜† I can leave that aside, but I am not a fan of the anarkalis that she wears. I feel Anarkalis age a person. Considering how EXTREMELY young Parth looks, they should have gone for straight Kurtis instead of the flowing Anarkalis. I LOVED Ericas styling on KRPKAB from whatever little I saw - her accessories, clothes were mostly on point. Wish she got a better deal here as well. And I really DONT GET what was the need for EK to show her heroine in the traditional Indian garb while going to college. Do Indian girls actually wear ANARKALIS to college in metropolitan cities these days? ðŸ˜•

Edited by wuthering - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zaalima_5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Erica and parth chemistry will definitely work.. And Ekta hardly went wrong when it is about lead pair chemistry.. It is too early to talk about it I guess.. ðŸ˜•