Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Alex is asking her what is her prob but she is not ready 2 reveal  her prob , taunting alex 4 puru is wrong.
real roxxane was far better than sonyroxxane , she married alex then whe she fell 4 him , she was quite clear about her feelings when she hated him , she tried 2 kill him

Sony roxxane openly agreed 2 marry alex but after marriage mujhe ye pasand hai , ye pasand nhi hai , koi sabzi mandi hai kya. Marriage with options , ye mere liye kuch naya hai

It alex who is respecting her wish , giving her time , when did alex forced his husband rights on her, but that definately dlnt mean she will insult him
Edited by deepikagupta9 - 5 years ago
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am actually loving their scenes. She is savage with him and he being a cruel guy doesn't even go too extreme with her because he is head over heels for her. ðŸ˜†
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Love, like loyalty, cannot be forced or bought. Maybe Sony Roxanne will never fall in love with Sony Alexander or care for him as a spouse. Maybe she will accept her wifely "duties" one day without being in love with her husband. It was not unheard of in those days and still happens in many households today. Or maybe the CVs will show them in a love-hate relationship until the end. Who knows? Does it matter?

We cannot always apply logic or reasoning to people's sentiments. Roxanne may have the right to feel whatever she does but not to behave recklessly. She doesn't seem like an innocent, naive character who doesn't understand how power and politics work. She needs to be held accountable for whatever she does or does not say and do. 

The same common sense that made Roxanne say yes to Alexander's marriage proposal in public should also make her rationalize things and watch her behavior. It is not a question of her suppressing her inner desire to take a stand against a "berehm qaatil" or whatever other thoughts she has. She is married to the Shah-e-Asia after all, and there is a certain decorum that she needs to maintain. 

Whatever their personal equation may be, telling him off in front of her handmaidens does not befit a queen. If she feels uncomfortable at his intrusion during her bath time, she can take the matter up with him in private after dismissing her handmaidens as Alexander did. It is only because Alexander is so much in love with her that he does the dismissing so that they can go straight to the conversation/spat they are about to have. He could have taken offense and gone in a different direction but he chooses not to respond to her barbs in front of others. He also makes sure everyone has left the area before approaching Roxanne and continuing the discussion. 

I know many people would argue that he shouldn't have been a peeping Tom, that since she doesn't accept him as her husband he is a ghair-mard to her, and that she would be uncomfortable about his presence in such an intimate situation. Fair enough, but he is only discovering with time how many different kinds of barriers she is putting down. She put forward some conditions/challenges about Porus and about Alexander's abilities as a military commander that he met and even exceeded with his spectacular battlefield performance. After all that, he has been expecting her to, if not warm up to him, then at least respect the warrior in him, the front on which she has been challenging him until now. That has not happened even if the box has been ticked, so Alexander wants to understand what other obstacles there are between them. 

As a King and as a husband, 'officially' Alexander has every right to know why, yet as a lover he should refrain from expecting or assuming that Roxanne will fall in love him with him now, soon, or ever. He can hope and wish to win her over one day, but the fact is that he will not be able to control her feelings. Again, I will say, who knows? Does it matter? He's hurting because of her behavior but she never promised him anything so he cannot hold her to it and should not keep chasing that angle at the expense of all else. It is going to be a waste of time if he goes down that path, though it is hard to expect someone blinded in/by love to think along those lines. Especially if that someone is prone to extremes as Alexander is, in this case obsessive in his love for Roxanne. 

Roxanne doesn't hesitate to enjoy her new title of Malika but this didn't come out of nowhere. The only reason she has this title and the accompanying authority, luxuries, and position is because is married to Alexander. 

With great power comes great responsibility, they say, and as the wife of the most powerful man at that time, though she herself is entitled to some power of her own she is also accountable for how she wields it. She needs to be much more cautious about the impact of her actions on Alexander's name and fame.

Fine, she can hate him and push him away as far as she wants to in the role of a wife, in private. But in public, she needs to uphold the dignity of the King-Queen relationship and of the importance of unity in these turbulent times, in a foreign land. If Alexander decided to leave her stranded in Bharat and go elsewhere, what would she do? Where would she stand? The only leverage she would then have is still as Alexander's queen, not as Princess of Bactria (a title that she was promoted to also because of Alexander).

Alexander can, and probably will, continue to treat her well and be 'loving' towards her, but this needs to become a slow-burning flame and not fireworks. It is frustrating for both of them right now and they seem to be going round in circles. I am not advocating Alexander ignores her or forgets about her, because that would be unrealistic and contrary to his character. He is not a heartless monster, so in this matter it is unfair to expect him to just turn off the switch and stop feeling for his wife, just like it is unfair to expect that she will suddenly change her attitude/feelings towards him, whether we like it or not. 

Alexander just needs to find the equilibrium again for which we have loved him, in the way he has always managed to balance his personal and professional (or military) life, keeping things in perspective and ensuring he gives the right amount of importance to things happening with or around him. Most importantly, he is responsible for hundreds and thousands of people, including his mother, his men, and his subjects. Alexander's identity is so closely tied with his conquests and the people all over the world who have now become part of his life that he needs to get back to his duties at the earliest.  
Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

Love, like loyalty, cannot be forced or bought. Maybe Sony Roxanne will never fall in love with Sony Alexander or care for him as a spouse. Maybe she will accept her wifely "duties" one day without being in love with her husband. It was not unheard of in those days and still happens in many households today. Or maybe the CVs will show them in a love-hate relationship until the end. Who knows? Does it matter?

We cannot always apply logic or reasoning to people's sentiments. Roxanne may have the right to feel whatever she does but not to behave recklessly. She doesn't seem like an innocent, naive character who doesn't understand how power and politics work. She needs to be held accountable for whatever she does or does not say and do. 

The same common sense that made Roxanne say yes to Alexander's marriage proposal in public should also make her rationalize things and watch her behavior. It is not a question of her suppressing her inner desires to take a stand against a "berehm qaatil" or whatever other thoughts she has. She is married to the Shah-e-Asia after all, and there is a certain decorum that she needs to maintain. 

Whatever their personal equation may be, telling him off in front of her handmaidens does not befit a queen. If she feels uncomfortable at his intrusion during her bath time, she can take the matter up with him in private after dismissing her handmaidens as Alexander did.

Roxanne doesn't hesitate to enjoy her new title of Malika but this didn't come out of nowhere. The only reason she has this title and the accompanying authority, luxuries, and position is because is married to Alexander. 

With great power comes great responsibility, they say, and as the wife of the most powerful man at that time, she herself is entitled to some power of her own and is accountable for how she wields it. She needs to be much more cautious about the impact of her actions on Alexander's name and fame.

Fine, she can hate him and push him away as far as she wants to in the role of a wife, in private. But in public, she needs to uphold the dignity of the King-Queen relationship and of the importance of unity in these turbulent times, in a foreign land. If Alexander decided to dump her in Bharat and go elsewhere, what would she do? Where would she stand? The only leverage she would then have is still as Alexander's queen, not as Princess of Bactria (a title that she was promoted to also because of Alexander).

I think it's understandable that she behaved that way because he was looking at her when she was bathing. They are maybe husband and wife but they don't have that relationship yet. It's not like he mistakenly went to the hammam. That reaction she had was not only because she hated him. It was also because she got surprised seeing that a man was looking at her while she was naked. I personally would have gone so mad at the person. Now yes he is the Shah-e-Asia and she should have thought twice before opening her mouth but I guess they just wanted to show her as a bold, savage and courageous woman who didn't care who he was. ðŸ˜†
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

I think it's understandable that she behaved that way because he was looking at her when she was bathing. They are maybe husband and wife but they don't have that relationship yet. It's not like he mistakenly went to the hammam. That reaction she had was not only because she hated him. It was also because she got surprised seeing that a man was looking at her while she was naked. I personally would have gone so mad at the person. Now yes he is the Shah-e-Asia and she should have thought twice before opening her mouth but I guess they just wanted to show her as a bold, savage and courageous woman who didn't care who he was. ðŸ˜†

Just updated my post with some more paragraphs. Please read it again. ðŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: inlieu

Just updated my post with some more paragraphs. Please read it again. ðŸ˜‰

As we are talking about the bath scene, Alex is not wrong to go to the hammam as a husband. He is trying his best to understand her and make her accept him. It's not about how wrong or right he is and vice versa. There are scenes where she exaggerates to piss him off but in this scene I think her reaction was pretty much normal. As a woman she was uncomfortable to see a man while she was naked. This is probably what made her snap at him. 

I think she already had the luxurious life even before she married him. She was loved by Bessus and seeing how she was heard by him and her clothes and jewelries before the wedding, it didn't look like she was just the daughter of his right hand. Unless it's shown that she lived in poverty, it is unfair to assume that she is using him and his luxurious life. 

She doesn't care about his name nor his fame. This is also the reason she doesn't think twice before talking to him. 

So basically she needs to behave and be afraid that her words can make him dump her in a foreign land ? In short she should just shut her mouth and accept her fate that she is married to him now. I agree it was her fault to accept his proposal and I still wonder why she accepted BTW. But that doesn't mean she needs to just shut her mouth. 

He is the king for the rest of the world but he isn't to her. That's what I find beautiful about them. The guy can do anything to anyone, who has hunger for power in his eyes, has also love for her in those same eyes. I just love the way he looks at her. ðŸ˜† Her courage, not being scared of him, her attitude towards him, her beauty drive him crazy. And this is what is making him stay calm even with the insult he is getting. ðŸ˜†
inlieu thumbnail
Fair enough, she feels uncomfortable because unlike Alexander, who believes there should be no barriers between a husband and wife, she doesn't feel that way because she doesn't consider them to be in such a relationship in the first place. She wanted to protect her father and Bactria, so she felt forced to accept the public marriage proposal, even if in name only. Alexander was too quick to assume that she'd had a change of heart that had turned her earlier refusal into an acceptance of him and his feelings.

I am not saying that she should be afraid of him or keep quiet or "accept her fate" like Barsine did. I am saying that she should be smart about what she is doing, regardless of her feelings. She's the one who told him he shouldn't have broken the rules of coming into a Malika's hammaam. If she's going to raise such points then she's already acknowledging that she is referring to the position she gets as his wife and queen. She probably enjoyed a high standing as Bessus' general's daughter and it was clear she had a say in important decision making in his court. She was probably never poor. Now that she is automatically taking on the demeanor of a Malika-e-Asia, in the official sense at least, it means she needs to use this position responsibly. 

The reason I asked what would happen to Roxanne if Alexander were to dump her, is to refer to her identity or position without Alexander as her spouse and king. What would she be left with? A smart person would play her cards and work towards building an image of her own outside of just being linked to Alexander, but if she's not interested in power, what will she do with her life? 

Roxanne doesn't have to be sweet and demure with Alexander. She can take a stand for her beliefs, make her point and remain firm if she wants to, but that doesn't mean she needs to behave in a nasty manner all the time. I am not referring to the hammaam scene necessarily, but in general. After a certain point, she will just continue to degrade herself by behaving this way, and most of us wish that she would remain dignified in the face of whatever situation she finds herself in. That is real strength of character and if she had shown or in future shows us that, there will be many more people rooting for her. I have no such expectations from this show, but I do believe that Olympias has already set an example of how to be a husband-hating wife/queen without losing one's dignity. ðŸ˜† Whatever her personal equation with Philip, the public was not privy to their nasty exchanges, at least on-screen.

A person's behavior may change but not character, and Alexander's won't allow himself to be pushed beyond a point. You may be right that it's her defiance that he finds interesting and attractive, but that is not going to be sufficient for spousal love from his side in the long term. Maybe with time he will learn to accept that she just won't feel that way about him and will deal with it accordingly. Even if he behaved as the best husband in the world, and she had no complaints with him, it doesn't mean that she will fall in love with him - this is not algebra where equations have to balance. 

For now, all I see is that the little world he wants to create with Roxanne is of two lovers, excluding their roles and responsibilities as king and queen. A world which she has no interest or belief in. There will be, or should be, a reality check at some point when duty will beckon and he will have to do right by his people, whether or not Roxanne falls in love with him eventually. (Though I can't speak for Sony Alexander as his character graph is at the mercy of the CVs). ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

As we are talking about the bath scene, Alex is not wrong to go to the hammam as a husband. He is trying his best to understand her and make her accept him. It's not about how wrong or right he is and vice versa. There are scenes where she exaggerates to piss him off but in this scene I think her reaction was pretty much normal. As a woman she was uncomfortable to see a man while she was naked. This is probably what made her snap at him. 

I think she already had the luxurious life even before she married him. She was loved by Bessus and seeing how she was heard by him and her clothes and jewelries before the wedding, it didn't look like she was just the daughter of his right hand. Unless it's shown that she lived in poverty, it is unfair to assume that she is using him and his luxurious life. 

She doesn't care about his name nor his fame. This is also the reason she doesn't think twice before talking to him. 

So basically she needs to behave and be afraid that her words can make him dump her in a foreign land ? In short she should just shut her mouth and accept her fate that she is married to him now. I agree it was her fault to accept his proposal and I still wonder why she accepted BTW. But that doesn't mean she needs to just shut her mouth. 

He is the king for the rest of the world but he isn't to her. That's what I find beautiful about them. The guy can do anything to anyone, who has hunger for power in his eyes, has also love for her in those same eyes. I just love the way he looks at her. ðŸ˜† Her courage, not being scared of him, her attitude towards him, her beauty drive him crazy. And this is what is making him stay calm even with the insult he is getting. ðŸ˜†