TwiNj FF: Of Iridescent Touches||Chp10 Pg18 (21/06/18) - Page 14

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dafodilsduke thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Yaar when will u post this...
SweetSau thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's march now ab toh update kar do!!
TheGumnaam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow!!! Just happened to read this story, and my God! It was beautiful!!! I can't praise enough your writing skills, they're amazing!! 
Kunj and Twinkle! Gosh! Best part of this story! I must say just like Kunj , I don't like Yuvraaj! Hahaha! Just don't know why!? 
Anyways, do continue it ! 
I am gonna die out of eagerness now! 
Waiting for the next !!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Niyati24 thumbnail
OMG !! Just read the story ... It's beyond amazing . The conflict of Kunj's mind has been portrayed so well๐Ÿ‘ . Loved it . Just dying to know what happens next.  Please update soon .  Also I think I should  mention that I have been a silent reader since long . This masterpiece made me break my silence. It was enjoyable in all senses . Please keep writing .๐Ÿ˜Š
neverlandspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

~Dedicated to all you lovely souls, who still continue showering this story with your love and admiration. I am nothing as a writer without your love.~

CHAPTER TEN

Kunj eventually did return to the apartment. Where else was he supposed to go?

He shut the door behind him with a bang, as a means to announce his return and more importantly anger. The bang only startled Twinkle. Yuvi on the other hand merely repressed the urge to laugh. "Oye Kunj, woh darwaza tere Puppa ne nahi lagaya hai ki uss poor teak wood pe aise zulm kar raha hai. Yuvi said, spaghetti sauce dripping down his lips.

Kunj looked at him in obvious disgust. That ill-mannered donut hole was Twinkle's soulmate?! Twinkle's soulmate!! Twinkle who was the epitome of grace and beauty was cruelly paired with that slobbering mess who couldn't even eat pasta with poise. The Gods must be crazy.

"Kunj please kuch khaale. Twinkle mutters, breaking his train of thoughts. Her voice was meek and soft. Hesitant almost. He could hear her apology in it. But he ignored it. She betrayed him. She was supposed to tell him about her finding her soulmate first and foremost... and yet she hadn't, she had left him to accidently figure it out.

Another door was banged as Kunj shut the door to Yuvi's room.

"Uggghhh! Came a coarse scream before the poor door was yanked open and out Kunj stomped. "Yeh apartment sirf do hi room kyu hai?! Mujhe iske saath nahi rehna! He gestures towards Yuvi and then, "Aur main tujhse naraaz hoon toh mujhe tere saath bhi nahi rehna. He finishes.

"Toh living room main bahut jagah hai. The couch is actually pretty comfortable. While Kunj's rant was aimed at Twinkle, Yuvi decided to butt in just for the heck of it. It was going to be fun to see how far he can push the angry young man's button before he breaks and murders him.

Twinkle smacked her palm against her head. She was stuck between Mr. Dumb and Mr. Dumber. Did Yuvi not value his life at all? And going by the looks that Kunj was throwing at Yuvi, Twinkle considered making his funeral preparations. "Kunj. Koi baat nahi. Tu bas shaant hoja aur aaj ke liye tu mera kamra le le. Main Yuvi ke room mein so loongi. She tried playing peace.

It did not work.

And she realized it a bit too late.

"Tu Yuvi ke kamre mein soyegi? Akele? Kunj seethed. One could imagine him breathing fire at that moment.

"Arey akele kaise bro, main hoonga na uske saath! Yuvi chirped oblivious to the innuendo in his statement.

What sort of flowers should she arrange for his funeral? Poppies because he was a martyr in the war of dosti?

Kunj took murderous steps towards Yuvi, his hands ready to wring his neck. He would have even had Twinkle not pushed herself in between them. "Kunj. Kunj uska matlab woh nahi tha joh tu sooch raha hai.

"Nahi mera matlab toh wohi tha, Twinkle. Fuel to the fire.

Ablaze! It took 10 seconds for a war to begin. Kunj took in a deep breath, he quite literally picked Twinkle up by her shoulders and moved her away from his path of destruction, giving her a tight-lipped smile while at it. And then he broke hell loose and a plate on Yuvi's head.

"Agghh! Kunj!! Pagal ho gaya hai kya! Yuvi yelped, thankful that the plate was plastic. But before he could get another word out Kunj had ceremoniously tackled him to the ground.

"Kutte ki pooch!! Woh meri best friend hai!! Kunj screamed. "Tu uske saath room share karne ke baare mein sooch bhi kaise sakta hai?! He grabbed the neck of Yuvi's tee and lifted his body off the ground only to bang it down again. "Best friend hai who meri! MERI! MERI! MERI! MERI BESTFRIEND!

Yuvi remained calm. He had Kunj exactly where he wanted him. Kunj might have the upper hand at the moment but Yuvi knows he had Kunj under his thumb. He opened his mouth, aimed his words and Fire! "Par woh meri soulmate hai. Goli nishane par lagi. Bahut buri tarah se.

Kunj immediately slackened his hold. A grimace of pain immediately took over his face as Yuvi's word made their impact somewhere deep in his chest. It hurt. And he stumbled off of  Yuvi. His hands immediately reaching up to where his heart was located. It burnt. Yuvi's words burnt!

All Kunj knew at the moment was that he had to defend himself, hurt Yuvi back. Only that way he could lessen the pain. And so, he said his most obvious words. "I don't like you!

And once again the door to Twinkle's room was banged close.

"Tu pagal hai kya? Twinkle whisper screamed as soon as the door was shut. "Matlab self-perseverance naam ki koi cheez hi nahi hai tujhe mein! Kya zaroorat thi usse aise bhadkane ki? Dekh bichare ne dinner bhi nahi kiya. Twinkle plopped down on a chair and sulk.

"Tu naah sach mein uski soulmate hai. Dard usse bhi hai, dard tujhe mein bhi hai, bas usse apne khud ke dard ki wajah samajh nahi aati, aur tu hai jisse dard samajhana nahi hai. Yuvi smiles pushing a bowl of spaghetti towards her. When she didn't accept the bowl of pasta, he smiled knowingly and pushed the tub of her favorite ice cream towards her. This she did accept with a guilty grimace.

Twinkle was glad to have a friend like Yuvi in her life no matter what her other dumb best friend thought. "Tu na...tu bahot acha hai Yuvi." She finally admitted more to herself. "Pagal hai, par bahot acha bhi hai."

The thing about Yuvi was that he knew when to speak and what to say but more inportantly he knew when to just shut up and savour the moment, which was exactly what he was doing at the moment. Savoring this bittersweet silence, watching this beautifully complex girl trying to sabotage her relationship with her best friend in hopes of keeping their bond the same.

~~~

It was late in the night when Kunj finally emerged from Twinkle's room. Mainly because her room reminded him of her. Her fragnance was everywhere, it didn't allow him peace. Mind you, he was in no happy mood, his face was still down in a frown. Nonetheless he emerged out from the room this time shutting the door gently behind him.

He found Twinkle dozing of on the couch in the living room. And he knew it wasn't because she couldn't share the room with him, no! It was because she was waiting for him. Waiting to make things alright between them. And she had dozed of... he smiled.

"Twinkle uth." He gently nudged her, smiling at how her soft pink lips were slightly ajar. Her lashes flickered ever so slightly against her rosy cheeks, she was beautiful. He nudged her once more. He didn't have the heart to wake her, she seemed in peaceful slumber, but she waited to make it up to him and he knew he had over-reacted earlier. It was time to clear the air.

"Huh?" Twinkle sighed, rubbing her eyes groggily. "Kunj? Kya hua? Kuch chahiye tujhe?" She sits up as he sits down.

"Haan. Clarity."

Her brows pull together. "Matlab?"

Kunj barely resisted pulling a smile. Could she just stop being adorable for once in her life? He thought to himself. Instead he chooses to clear his throat, "Baat karni thi. Tere aur Yuvi ke baare mein."

That did the trick, Twinkle was now wide awake. "Kunj..." She started

But Kunj as he always does, stopped her before she could finish. It was a blessing and a curse. "I am happy for you."

Her breath catches in her throat. She was supposed to be glad that he was fooled by her act. She was supposed to be happy that he is okay with her being with someone else. And yet, she did not feel happy at all. On the contrary she felt her heart constrict painfully and her lungs be robbed of off air. She felt...betrayed. Did he not know her at all? How could he not understand her 'ankahi baatein'?

"I am happy for you." He repeats. It felt like a physical punch to her gut. "I know I over reacted par Yuvi kitna annoying hai." He now tries to joke it off. He wasn't completely okay with that idiot being his Twinkle's soulmate, but what could be done now? One had no power over the plans of fate. And she was fated with Yuvi. Kunj would have to accept that, though his heart oddly fluttered in protest at the thought. A thought he immediately pushed to the ack of his mind.

"Kunj..."

"I don't like sharing you yaar. Main yeh baat accept hi nahi kar pa raha hoon ki tu ab meri nahi hai."

Tears sprang in her eyes at his words. It wasn't that she didn't belong to him. To Twinkle, she was already his. Mind, heart and soul. It was he who didn't belong to her. "Main to abhi teri hi hoon, Kunj." She admits. Takes a pause because these words meant something to her that was entirely different from his interpretation. "Main toh abhi teri hi hoon. Teri best friend. Kal, aaj, aur hamesha ke liye."

Kunj heaved in a deep breath. He wasn't sure if it was a sigh of relief or of defeat. Was his heart expecting something different? "You are my best friend. He confirmed.

Twinkle gave him a small smile, "Aur Yuvi kabhi teri jagah nahi le sakta.

"I am jealous of him. He grimaces. He had to come clean. "I don't like you spending time with him. I-"

"Kunj. Twinkle sighs, how was she meant to explain things to him. "You can't feel this way. Mujhe bhi initially pasand nahi tha ki tu Maya ke saath time spend kare, but I dealt with it. Tujhe bhi aise hi adjust karna padega. She explained, her hands reaching out into his. "Yuvi is my soulmate.

Silence filled them punctuating my Yuvi's occasional snores. There were a million things to say and no words felt right.

"Kunj, kya hua hai? She cupped his face, noticing his crestfallen look. "Kunj...

Her voice to Kunj was like the sweet spring waters, soft, effervescent, and yet nourishing. It was a symphony, something that he wanted to hear the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. "Sab kuch. Sab kuch kitna...kitna complicated ho gaya hai.

"Kya hua hai?

His face contorts, "Pata nahi, Twinkle. Sab kucj...Maya-"

"Maya?

"Maya aur main, we took a break from each other.

"Break? How could a word cause so much grief and relief at the same time? "Break ka kya matlab? Tum-kya? She uttered in slight panic. Was all her pain for naught? How dare they? Ounce by ounce panic was replaced by anger. And it burned!

Twinkle fisted the fabric of his T-shirt, yanking him back and forth in an ill-concealed show of anger. "Break ka kya matlab hai, Kunj?! How dare you break up with her?

"No, no! We haven't broken up with each other... he managed to whisper. "Hum bas, ek dusre se kuch samay ke liye durr rehna chahte hai.

Eyebrows scrunched together, Twinkle tried to decipher the meaning of his words, fruitlessly.

"Matlab...We had a fight and now we don't know humme kya karna chahiye.

"Tera dimaag kharab hai kya? Honestly? Pata nahi kya karna chahiye? Tum dono kya paanch saal ke bacche ho kya, ke pata nahi kya karna chahiye? Sorry bol na chahiye. IDIOT! She yelled, grabbing hold of his ear and giving it a sharp twist.

Kunj yelped but other than that he chose to remain silent. She didn't need to know the specifics of their dhoori. She didn't need to know about their detachment. Twinkle-she rooted and supported their relationship from the get go, so Kunj decided that she didn't the pain of having to watch them fall apart.

"I will apologize. He chose to lie instead.

But here's the thing with Twinkle, she was Kunj's bestfriend. And she prided herself in knowing him better than he knew herself. She knew he was lying. He had a sensitive ego and would never apologize first or that easily (of course she was the exception. He always apologized to her first). And because she was his best friend, she was going to make things better between him and Maya, she vowed to herself.

~~~

Twinkle had reluctantly left the apartment the next morning to visit her Professor regarding some last-minute assignment submission, cursing all the way on her short commute to the University campus. She had agreed to assist the Professor in correcting some on the assignments but come on! Winter break just started! Plus, it was essential to stay at home to make sure that Kunj didn't kill Yuvi. She should have locked them both in separate room, now that she thinks of it. That would have been the best option.

She just hoped that the Professor didn't burden her with a big stack of assignments and that the actual submission were worth this time.

Back in the apartment, Kunj sat cowered in one corner of the couch, while Yuvi spread himself leisurely on the length of it, eating Pop corn from the pockets of his Hoodie. "Toh kya socha hai tune? Yuvi tried making casual conversation.

"Kis baare mein? Any other time and Kunj wouldn't have entertained Yuvi one bit, but he had promised Twinkle to be on his best behavior and the movie that they were watching was boring.

"Arey! Yuvi sat up now, surprised. "Kaisa dost hai yaa tu? Twinkle ka birthday aa raha hai, aur tu ne usse surprise karne ke liye kuch socha hi nahi!

"SHIT!

"Shit? Yeh kaisa tohfa hai? Yuvi jokes.

Kunj frantically opened his calendar on his phone. How could this slip from his mind! Her birthday was in 5 days! And he had no idea on how to surprise her! He had no idea about her gift either!

"Yuvi! He groaned in acute panic. He didn't even know where he could buy her a gift here in New York! "Yuvi ab main kya karun? SHIT! SHIT SHIT! STUPID!

Yuvi smirked, his plan worked. "Waise tu chahe toh, I could show you around. The shops Twinkle usually shops from and other cool gift shops, par kya karein, tu toh mujhe pasand hi nahi karta.

Kunj remained mum, considering the delicate situation he was placed in with utter care. He disliked Yuvi, no doubts there. But was his hatred for Yuvi greater than his love for Twinkle?

It wasn't. And so, he made the deal with the devil. "Help me.

"I am sorry, kya? Mujhe theek se sunai nahi diya. Tongue in cheek, Yuvi leaned closer to Kunj.

"I said, help me! Help me. His jaw clenched tight.

"Help maang raha hai, ya order de raha hai? Chal tu bhi kya yaad rakhega, jaa ki teri madat. Yuvi mutters, already pulling his on his shoes. "Ab chal.

~~~

It wasn't as painful and Kunj had imagined. Yuvi was surprisingly pretty helpful. He showed him the right spots to shop from and even put in his unasked-for opinion a couple of times. Kunj did mind the latter but soon relented. He was no good at shopping and he needed all the help that he could get.

The final destination was to pick up an outfit for Twinkle. Yuvi had helpfully informed him that Twinkle had already organized a party, invitations were sent out and the theme was already set in. The theme was Hollywood Glamor.

Hollywood Glamor, Kunj muttered to himself. Just to make things more difficult for him. He had absolutely no idea what kind of outfits would count as Hollywood Glamor'.

"Gowns bro. Yuvi sighed. "Gown and Tuxedoes.

"WHY?

"Why not?

"Par why?

"Dude...Its her 21st okay?

A grimace mars Kunj's face. Girls were complicated beings and Twinkle was blessed (read cursed) with extra complexities. If she had set a theme for her birthday then it meant that this day of her birth (which comes every year so why a bash this year?) is a big deal. Which in turn meant he has to pull out the big guns. "Chalo. He says, pulling his shoulders back and straightening his spine. This was war, one that could lead to his death if he chooses the wrong dress.

It was an atelier boutique. Twinkle's favorite Yuvi lets Kunj know. "Hi Margaret. Yuvi greets a lady in her mid-fifties. Her salt and pepper hair fashionably pulled into a chignon and her blue skirt suit proved she knew her business well.

"Yuvraj, darling! She smiled, pulling the man into a couture hug. Her accent was heavy as she continued. "How can I help you boy?

"Looking for a gown, Sweet pea.

"Ah! For that special lady in your life. I assume right?

"Actually, for the special lady in my life. Kunj hastily interjects. Twinkle was the special lady in his life first. "Hi. I am Kunj by the way. He extends his hand to her.

"Ahh, I see. Well is there anything particular you have in mind?

"Umm...The theme is Hollywood Party-" Kunj starts at complete lost.

"Hollywood Glamour, actually Yuvi corrects.

"-Umm yeah, Hollywood Glamour. So, something along those lines.

"Oh honey! Margaret chuckles, her eyes as amused as Yuvi's. "Hollywood Glamour means anything and everything. "You gotta be more specific boy. You want a poofy full gown? Assymetrical? Hip slit? Bodycon? What?

What language was this? This was New York, for crying out loud! Wasn't she supposed to speak English?

"Actually Margaret, why don't we start by seeing some of your personal designs? That might give this fashionably un-inclined imbecile some idea. Yuvi interjects, secretly capturing Kunj's lost expressions and utter defeat on video.

"Right this way, gentlemen. Margaret smiles and leads them to her workshop.

Yuvi pushes Kunj ahead and smirks. This was going to be fun.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hugs, kisses and tons of thank you's to all of you who are still invested in this story. Love you all immensely.

SweetSau thumbnail
Hey
So glad you updated
Ress for now 
Will comment around 7.30 pm once I get back from my music class!
Aishwarya.twinj thumbnail
Hey..i m new to this forum..i loved it..
Aishwarya.twinj thumbnail
It was amazing!! Please continue
Prerna30 thumbnail
Oh damn .. I somehow lost my way to this site .
But today I logged it again unknowingly and look what a wonderful gift I got! An update by you
Ofcourse, I had to read the last 2 chapters to recall the story. But nevermind. 
I absolutely loved the update .
Kunj's possessiveness for twinkle .
Yuvi is an amazing friend .
Very excited for the next update .
I know I'm late in replying but can I expect an early update this time. As early as within 2018. 
I hope you can do that .
Waiting for it 
Bye! 
SweetSau thumbnail
Hey dear when are you going to update.
Is everything fine?
Hope you are well
Love you alot and waiting eagerly for the next update