Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sri83791 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Awesome update... Hope arnav realizes his love soon ...we want arshi romantic scenes... Update soon
jeb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update
Thanks for pm me
Mimima thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Thank's dear
Glad you are enjoying the story...
Well its all Devi Maiyyas wish!!!😉
Mimima thumbnail
Hi all 
Thanks to all the readers who have liked my previous chapter. and left  comments. 

Humble request... Silent readers... please comment

Here we go...with 
Chapter 42

Now almost everyone had started to get bored.. Buaji as usual was chatting all the way. But the journey to Lucknow was unusually quiet for Khushi, who pretending to sleep through it and far away from all the talks.. 
Buaji remarked, "aey sanka devi, you must be happy, you are getting back to your old life now!! Hey re nandkishore, hope everything will be alright now, with Kushal also there I hope there won't be any problems 

Thinking of the conversation he had had with ASR, Kushal reassured them, " Buaji you don't worry, everything has been taken care of

Flashback
"No, you can't do that, I don't want any security for her This was the probably the 100th time Kushal was refusing the offer. Getting frustrated with his insistent behaviour, "ASR I told you I am there to look after her..
Something in him was not letting him go. ASR spoke again but more politely, "Kushal, I am sorry for what I have done. But it is the matter of Khushi, and my previous actions have caused great havoc in her life. Please let me do this, well may be at least in the beginning few weeks, then we can see how things go..
Finally Kushal gave up "OK then, but I am really not so keen on somebody following her all the time
"Kushal neither am I too keen for it, so let's see if everything is safe, then we can see.. By the way these are top security people I am employing.. ASR tried to reassure, 
"Give me their details. Let me take talk to them and before Kushal could continue, ASR inturrupted "Kushal please, let me do this. Please "

After agreeing to have security guards to ensure Khushi's safety in Lucknow, ASR spoke "Kushal thanks for agreeing, because I would have still gone ahead and done it. You don't know her " Arnavs mind was far away now in a reverie,  "she is a walking menace. Either she is walking into trouble or she is already in some trouble. But she is very innocent, very innocent ..and c  
Realising he was about to say cute, he shook his head, saying,   "I would have probably done it even without asking, but that would mean intruding into her privacy which is why I wanted to keep you in the loop. Honestly, just for a few weeks, then we can take them off

"You cheek, you pleaded, apologised, and now you are saying this!! But you know she will not agree if she comes to know about it... Kushal remarked..
"You bet, and especially if I were to tell her.., she ASR replied.. thinking of all the times she had said, "I can do it, I don't need your help...
Suddenly, ASR remarked, "Your sister is quiet feisty Kushal. Honestly, she has given me a tough time   Only after the words had come out did he realise what he was speaking.. Wonder what came over me!! He thought 
Flashback End

Unaware of her niece closing her eyes, Buaji kept talking. However streams of tears flowing down his sisters eyes while she was asleep did not go unnoticed raising his concerns, "Was there something that was bothering my little choti, does she not want to leave Delhi?.. He tried to connect the dots...

His thoughts went back to ASR.. He recalled ASR's constant visits  while Khushi was in London. Never in his life had Kushal seen this soft, polite ASR. Apologising and pleading for Khushi's safety. Is this really ASR, he thought. Is there anything more to it? But again he is guilty of his actions, hence the concern.. But then what about all the remarks he made of Khushi??

Khushi pretended to be asleep. Images of Arnav standing aside, with his arms crossed across his chest and watching her say bye to all her friends kept running in her head. She could still hear his husky whisper "Khushi, take care...  please when she had said "namaste to him. His voice was soft, almost fragile, as if it would break any minute, just like her heart. Perhaps her heart was already broken..

She shut her eyes so that she could see him atleast in her imagination. Nobody could take that away from her, not even her Arnav ji. But soon, the pain in her chest was too unbearable and tears flowed even without her knowledge. 
(Guys, namaste can be said even while saying bye)

Scene in Delhi was not very pleasant either. Late midnight, Anjali was seen pacing up and down her room making frantic calls to her brother only to receive an answering machine.. With Aman being away on a business trip to Mumbai, she was in a fix. Probably her 100th call to her brother when she decided she would tell her mama to look for Arnav. 

Just then she got the much awaited call "Di, sorry, I could not take your call. I was stuck in the office, I will come home now..

Her blood boiled, anger  rose within her and she blasted, "What is the meaning of this? Do you know how many times I have tried. What do you mean stuck? Where is your phone? It kept ringing and redirecting to answering machine. What are you doing?

"Di sorry sorry, I dozed off and did not hear

"Dozed off? Anjali asked surprised... Sudden realisation hit her. "Wait a minute, have you taken your medicine?

"Di, I will come home and talk.. ASR tried to change the topic, but being his sister, she knew now what had happened.

"Chote, stay where you are, don't you dare drive. I know you were probably lying unconscious in the office. I will send Mohan

The more he had tried to push her thoughts away from his head, she kept coming constantly. How she fell into his arms, so loving, tender, yet so feisty and wild, a feeling he had never experienced. Smile rose on his face thinking of her smile, laugh. His face sunk seeing her sad face while leaving, all come in front of his eyes as if she was real. Medicines forgotten, work forgotten and food forgotten, he had drifted off to sleep, but woke up every now and then in a delirious state. He had no strength to go home. With Khushi having stayed at RM the last two days it was even more unbearable to return to his house.

Sensing something was amiss, Khushi had called Anjali on the pretext of asking if Payal had called. "Yes Khushi ji, Payal had called, both fine and having a good time. She said she could not reach you. 

However Khushi insisted "Anjali ji is everybody else alright?

"Yes yes everybody else is fine Khushi, we are already missing you Anjali had replied 

Khushi was acting like a fish out of water, restless and hypersensitive. She knew something was a problem with Arnav. On the pretext of letting Anjali know they reached, she had called again. 

"Yes Anjali ji, there was no problem, we have reached safely. The network should be fine now, let 
Payal jiji know as well. By the way Anjali ji, are you all ok, everybody else..

Feeling odd at her question, but none the less, Anjali had replied, "Yes Khushi ji... "

Visits and dinners ruled both house hold the next few days. Payal and Akash's return got back some Khushi (happiness) to the house which Khushi had taken along with her. Even though ASR took great care to make her feel at home, Payal thought he had become more angry and more grumpy if that was even possible... Tradition being to invite the newly weds by close relatives and friends, Payal gelled well into the new family. They glowed in their new found happiness. Mami was often seen removing evil eyes from her son and daughter-in-law,... 

Mami did wonder what was all the fuss about before marriage!! Hello hai bai bai...

It was a similar situation for the Gupta's too. The Mehtas side of relatives wanted to see Khushi and of course old friends of Gupta's wanted to see Kushal. The visits were minimised to very few with Khushi falling ill with fever frequently. Buaji and Garima wondered "This is no new place for her? Why  is she falling ill so frequently.. I know, She is not eating too well, see you have become a stick" they complained to hear Shashi and Kushal chuckling. 

How the week passed in a jiffy and they were already bidding good byes to Shashi, Garima and Buaji.. but of course, only after taking a promise from Buaji she would come and stay for a few weeks with them.. Shashi spoke in a concerned voice, "Bitiya, you seem to have lost some weight and not eating properly.. if your fever had not settled down, we would have taken you back to Delhi with us

Arnav had turned into ASR mode. More ruthless and more irritated which didn't go unnoticed by Aman, Anjali, Nani. What could they do.. It is him who needs to take a decision.. all knew the cause of his irritation. But  they did not want to push him.. They felt this separation was needed for him to know Khushi is not always available at his service. She too has a life.  

And she did. Though Khushi had tried her best to move on in her life, pain was unbearable still, too raw yet. She wished she could at least hear him when she called Payal, but no luck.. Probably it was for the better she thought.. But with each passing day, turning to weeks, she felt she must be happy and bubbly like the old Khushi... Chal Khushi, lets get the fresh Lucknowi air into your system... she told herself.. With college and course work, she did get busy.. and forget .. And true to her name, she became happy for the sake of others... but, only to remember every night and dream about the chocolate brown eyes... Could she ever move on... 

Family dinners were a grand affair with mami ordering her bahu (daughter-in-law) to make a variety of dishes and true to Khushi's words Payal was an excellent cook.

One day, they were all taken by surprise when Arnav remarked though quite dreamily, "You know Payal, Khushi was right. She said we would get the best food ". This man who hardly spoke nowadays was recalling Khushi's words and indirectly praising Payal. Feeling uncomfortable, Payal replied, "Arnav ji, I learnt this off from Khushi itself, nobody can beat her in certain dishes

"Yeah  right, like jelebis Anjali interrupted and asked  "By the way how is her college. How is she..? I must give her a thrashing. She never calls us. She only speaks to you!! "

This was exactly what the great ASR wanted to know and hence he had taken her name. One month and not a single information about her. He was dying to know about her.. It was as if she had disappeared from his life. Anjali and Nani did not mention anything about her, Why should they? Payal didn't think it was necessary to tell him and he did not have the courage to call her in spite of dialling her number everyday, but never pressing the call button. 

Even Kushal never spoke about her when the issue of removing the securing guards was discussed. It was a relief Khushi was safe without any issues. But he wanted to know about her. Whom could he ask..

His ears were alert, listening to Payal "She is ok Anjali ji. Amma was saying somehow Lucknow is not suiting her. She keeps falling ill frequently. Getting busy day by day.

"Why, she has lived there all her life, why should it not suit her chimed Mami. 

"Don't know Maaji, that's why Babuji is worried. Buaji says she has stopped eating like how she used to before and she will fly away one day. You know how Buaji is, she would always complain about Khushi eating for 3 people and still being a  stick!! she laughed and continued

"Babuji has told her they will seriously start looking for an alliance after her birthday and she has finally agreed now. Only few days for her birthday, I hope she also settles soon.. "

Unknowingly, Arnav dropped his spoon making a loud noise.  He apologised seeing them all staring at him. He wanted to leave and go, but did not want to miss anything more important. Taking a glass of water, waited for the conversation to continue.

"Khushi bitiya agreed for marriage? Nani asked but her mind was away. 

"Haan Naani ji. She only agreed because Babuji told her. But she has told she will complete her course before any wedding if at all. She does not want to leave it half way and Babuji agreed too. Payal replied politely to Nani.

"Why what happened to Babuji? " Anjali asked concerned.

"Nothing to worry, but he has had high blood pressure since a very long time and previously had some heart problems as well. Payal replied 

"When is her Birthday? May be a visit to Lucknow is due for us. What say Nani? Payal ji don't tell her anything. Lets think about it. Payal ji, Akash you can also have a good time in Lucknow.. Anjali was all excited by now, then she gave a hopeless look at Arnav 

"Chote, don't worry, I will not force you, I know you will not be interested in all this stuff. We will be gone only a few days. You stay back. As it is you are hardly home now a days, always in the office.

Little did she know, he was not able to concentrate at home or in office. Little did she know her brother hardly slept...  Little did she know he was dying to go with them, perhaps more than them. 

Mami was sooper excited. "Anjali bitiya, it has been such a long time, I also want to come too. Last time you did not take me..  

The sudden turn of events was a surprise to Payal. She needed some time for the idea to settle and to give it a thought. It was  indeed a good idea to visit Lucknow and surprise Khushi on her birthday.. Khushi would love it.

It was while all were sat still discussing, the land line phone rang. Let me see it, said Arnav. 

"Hello is all he said, and he knew. He could sense her. Khushi heard him for the first time after what seemed like eons..

She stood up, she held the phone with both hands to make sure she heard right.

She could feel the lump in her throat but she managed a 

"A a Arnav ji...

her voice was hoarse and brittle, as if she was going to cry any moment. 

Thats it for this one...
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I feel seriously bad for Arnav...the way Khushi is back to being normal...and agreeing for marriage... I think its time Arnav stop his groveling in front of Khushi...Obviously the whole family matters to Khushi except Arnav...
fundy thumbnail
plz.plz plz plz...plz update soon ...wat an awesome moment...my eyes are literally.loaded wid tears ready to spill reading this part ... i read all d cjapters till 41 in one go ...n i must say, what am awesome author u r...thanku so much fr helpng me relive the IPKKND days ...aah...those memories ...frankly i like ur storyline better than wat we got to see on tv...
Thank you, thank you thank you sooo much dear...i really want to read hw khushi n arnav react in d call...i am guessing, khushi wud jus cry ...n arnav leaves to lucknow see her immediately d next day...plz dont keep us waiting fr long ...also, i am sure u will come back wid another awesome part ...

cant wait...
Doc-ere thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Why Arnav ? Why he's doing this ? 😡 I so wants to kick his ass 😆  excited for next update.. 
Thanks for PM dear❤️
jakhushi thumbnail
Just read the story in 1 go and absolutely loved it. Look forward to the next part.
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Both missing each other so much. Distance makes the heart grow fonder is true in this case.
Mimima thumbnail

Originally posted by: jakhushi

Just read the story in 1 go and absolutely loved it. Look forward to the next part.

Thanks dear 
I am glad u r liking the story. ..

😃