during TZH promotions
Updated: Feb 23, 2018 | 10:45 IST | Aayushi Sharma
Legal troubles and Salman Khan can be safely spelt in one breath. The 52-year-old already has a list of pending cases against and a fresh one is on its way apparently. While Tiger Zinda Hai enjoyed quite a roaring success at the box office, its lead actors Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif seem to have landed in a soup. A plea was filed on Thursday before a Delhi court seeking to lodge an FIR against Salman, Katrina and others for allegedly using a casteist slur against the scheduled castes. The court has listed the matter for consideration for 27 Feb.
According to the complaint, Khan had used the word during the promotion of his film Tiger Zinda Hai.
The plea, filed before Additional Sessions Judge Sidharth Sharma, alleged that the accused persons had "committed atrocity" on the members of the caste and insulted and humiliated them by making the casteist remark. The court put up the matter for consideration on February 27 and sought a reply from the Station House Officer concerned on the complaint.
The complaint, filed by Harnam Singh, a former Chairman of Delhi Commission for Karamcharis, alleged that the remark was made by Khan during a programme on a television channel while Kaif, "rather than protesting at the offensive and insensitive statement, joined the accused number 1 (Khan) in insulting and abusing the victim through her conduct."
Singh said he had in December last year filed a complaint at a police station here, but no FIR has been registered yet, due to which he filed the application before the court.
Legal troubles and Salman Khan can be safely spelt in one breath. The 52-year-old already has a list of pending cases against and a fresh one is on its way apparently. While Tiger Zinda Hai enjoyed quite a roaring success at the box office, its lead actors Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif seem to have landed in a soup. A plea was filed on Thursday before a Delhi court seeking to lodge an FIR against Salman, Katrina and others for allegedly using a casteist slur against the scheduled castes. The court has listed the matter for consideration for 27 Feb.
According to the complaint, Khan had used the word during the promotion of his film Tiger Zinda Hai.
The plea, filed before Additional Sessions Judge Sidharth Sharma, alleged that the accused persons had "committed atrocity" on the members of the caste and insulted and humiliated them by making the casteist remark. The court put up the matter for consideration on February 27 and sought a reply from the Station House Officer concerned on the complaint.
The complaint, filed by Harnam Singh, a former Chairman of Delhi Commission for Karamcharis, alleged that the remark was made by Khan during a programme on a television channel while Kaif, "rather than protesting at the offensive and insensitive statement, joined the accused number 1 (Khan) in insulting and abusing the victim through her conduct."
Singh said he had in December last year filed a complaint at a police station here, but no FIR has been registered yet, due to which he filed the application before the court.
13