Shah Rukh Khan planning office in UK

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Shah Rukh Khan planning office in UK

Presently in London to attend the Zee TV Carnival, Shah Rukh Khan has announced his plans to open an office in the UK.

The King Khan has been quoted stating to the Times Online UK, "We are not allowed to buy a house in London but I am planning to open an office there to start making films with English technicians." He had said this in reply to the query whether he had purchased a house in London's trendy Primrose Hill suburb.

SRK has a office in Mumbai of his production company, Red Chillies Entertainment and his UK office, sources claim is going to be an extension of the same. "Shah Rukh is keen to make international films and has started taking steps towards that. He wants to make his films have a more global reach on par with the best Hollywood films. An idea of starting an English film with an all British technical cast and crew is at the nascent stage as well. He may not star in the film. His next stop for office branch might be down under, in Australia." sources add.

"For long the Om Shanti Om star has been searching for the right place in Mumbai to open a huge state of the art studio but he has not been successful in that yet. He is not shooting for any film till May when the
Aditya Chopra directed Rab Ne Banayi Jodi begins. He shall be devoting a lot of his time in setting up his UK office and expanding the operations of his production house and FX studio in the meanwhile." concludes a Bollywood source.

In his interview to Times Online UK, the reigning superstar, speaking about his love for the British capital which he loves frequenting, has stated, "I don't like America; I love London as I feel at home there. People say English people are very cold and not friendly but I find them amazingly warm. I love walking in London and meeting the people. To me London is the hub of the world and anyone doing well there is a top notch achiever to me. I am not talking about Mr. Mittal or Monty Panesar but about every Indian, Pakistani, and Sri Lankan who is there. I love the fact that another country like England has opened its arms and invited us with so much love."