Finally Ishana's chapter is closed
Shivay remembered Anika when they start talking about being ignored
Update soon please

Thank you!
writerff thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Chapter 15: Dadi sets a plan in action

Anika liked Dadi and Prinku. "How can some one not like Dadi?". Ever since Anika met her she always imagined that this is how her Dadi would have been like, as well as Sahil's Dadi. But, they were the Oberois, Anika still couldn't believe that she knew the Oberois. People like her never met people like them. People like her never even saw people like them. But here they were, seeking her out, again!. The cosmos certainly had a weird sense of humor. While she loved the Oberois she got to know, she was apprehensive. Shivay Singh Oberoi was being the typical arrogant rich guy. She knew he would soon cause her trouble, like the rich people usually do. The wealthy like you so long as you are of some use to them, but then they stamp you out like a fly at the slightest inconvenience. That was what she was worried of. Anika often went head to head with men of power in the past, however something was different about Shivay. Pretend as much as she could, she could not ignore the raw power his persona exuded, and those eyes...

"Anika beta!" said Kalyani wearing one of her brightest smiles. One sight of Kalyani and Anika was eased out of her apprehensions. Returning her smile with a bright one of her own, Anika hugged the elderly woman and bend down to touch her feet. "Hi Prinku!" she said, "Would you like to have some tea?That is one thing I know of to make!" she said. "Sure" said both grandma and granddaughter. With a cup each of hot ginger chai nestled in their palms, Kalyani turned towards Anika and said "Beta, how do we thank you?Had you not informed us about the incidents with Om in time, we would have been really embarrassed at a very important occasion for us." "Oh Dad!1, I just did what any responsible person should have done" said Anika. "No seriously Anika" said Prinku "The occasion for which O bhaiya was making those pieces is very dear to us!". "Actually" she continued, "Shivay bhaiya had a twin brother who died at birth. Choti ma never was able to recover from that, and so she wanted to do something to keep him alive in spirit. Every year we have an auction and a fundraiser for a local charity and donate money in his name as an act of honoring his memory" she explained. "Oh! I am so sorry to hear that!" said Anika, "But it is great your family makes such efforts" she added. "Now beta" said Kalyani, "honestly this charity is very impersonal. I initially encourage Pinky to do this to get over her baby's death and to overcome her own issues with confidence. But this charity has become yet another social event that does nothing for Pinky. Will you do us another favor? Can you please work with Jahnvi and Pinky to come up with something that is a befitting tribute for my grandson?. I know you are a lawyer and not an event planner, but if you have some time to spare for us, can you please help us?."

Anika wanted to say no, infact her head screamed NO, but then, there was something about dadi. Anika could never say NO to dadi. Also, listening to this tale, she was ashamed to admit she was jealous of the dead baby Oberoi. Here were Anika and Sahil, living in the flesh with no one except themselves to care for each other and on the other hand there was the dead baby Oberoi who was still living on. Living on with much more love than Anika and Sahil ever got for themselves.

"Sure Dadi, when do you want to start working on this?" she asked. "Today, whenever you are free. Jahnvi wanted to personally come down and make this request off you, but she got caught up with some business related issues in the last moment" said Kalyani. "Well Ok! dadi, shall l meet Mrs Oberoi at her office then?" asked Anika. Kaylani knew why Anika had suggested this. "Oh Billu!" she thought. "Now beta, I again apologize for Shivay's behavior, please come home. This is not business, and you are not an employee. I promise you no one will trouble you. Besides Shivay is just very protective of us. He is not a bad guy you will see, once you get to know him." she said. She should not have promised Anika that. Kaylani thought she knew Shivay well, and she did, but the Shivay in Anika's presence was still a stranger. No one knew Anika's Shivay yet. Not even the man himself. "Please dadi, do not repeatedly apologize to me. I will come home once I am done with work, is that OK?" she asked, choosing to ignore the comment about getting to know Shivay. "Perfect!" squealed Prinku. "Mom will be home early today and I know for sure O bhaiya was about to come looking for you to say his thanks!" she added. 

Chai done and biscuits eaten Prinku and Kalyani bade Anika a goodbye and got her to promise not to ditch them that evening. Anika smiled and hugged and assured them that she would not go back on her word. "Well, let us see what comes out of this!" she thought. Anika was licensed to practice and lately she had been contemplating working for the government. In her head she thought she would make a perfect government appointed prosecution judge for those who couldn't afford one. But Anika was not naive, she knew she would have little control over what cases she was assigned to. She was morally conflicted knowing that she would have to defend the wrong doer on many occasions. She made up her to find out more about the system and was seeking help from some of her professors from law school. She was going to meet Mr Divan today. He was one of her favorite professors and he liked her as well. He would certainly give her good advice. She would head over to the Oberoi's once she was done with Prof Divan. "Wait" she thought, "Have to stop by an electronics store before that!" she thought, her face twisting into a slight smile.

******************************************************************************

"Dadi do you think this will work?" asked Prinku. "Let us try our best Prinku" said Kalyani. In her heart she knew it would, she had an elaborate plan and Jahnvi was in on it with her. But, Prinku need not know. Besides she knew Prinku was afraid of Shivay and he could easily get her to spill the beans on this plan if he caught wind of it. So she did not tell Prinku much of anything. Kaylani hated having to play Prinku, but she knew if her plan was a success, Prinku would forgive her. She knew Prinku would be overjoyed and knew what she was doing was for the best.

*******************************************************************************

Shivay was restless again. It is probably the acidity he thought. The fiasco with Om sorted, Shivay immediately hopped on to his private jet and left for his office in NYC. Two successful deals later, he decided to skip breakfast and head home as early as possible. He was a family guy you see. Besides he had to check on Om. He had his staff grab some New York style cheesecake for his family. It was a favorite at the Oberoi house. Armed with the cheesecake Shivay marched into the Oberoi Mansion, expecting to be engulfed by his happy family. Instead what Shivay saw took his breath away.

There she was, seated in the very center. His Badi Ma and Ma on either side of her. His Dadi sitting right next to his Badi Ma. His Prinku and His Om laughing with her, and she... she had them all surrounding her, hanging on to every word she was saying. Laughing with her!. The sight of his Badi Ma and Ma laughing warmed his heart. How rarely did these women laugh! he remarked to himself. Taking in the sight his heart relaxed, but a minute later, his mind interfered. Angrily placing the cheesecake on a table, in few quick strides he closed the distance between him and her. Grabbing her hand and dragging her from the couch in the process, he pulled her towards himself. As her body collided into his, her perfume engulfed him. Her warmth soothed him. Her skin felt like a comfort blanket. His face masked all this emotion by wearing a scowl. But his heart...his heart wanted to hold her, laugh with her. "Mr Oberoi" said Anika, "Let me Go!". "What are you doing here? How dare you come into my house again?" he sneered. "Billu!!" gasped Kalyani, "Shivay!" said Jahnvi and Pinky in unison, shocked!. "I invited her..." began Kalyani. "Dadi, you are letting in people unworthy of this house!" he said, not breaking eye contact with Anika. "Mr Oberoi" said Anika calmly, "I was about to head out, I have no time for your tirades and I am about done here". "But before I leave" she said and fished in her bag for something, in an instant she handed him a bill saying "This is for my phone. I accept only cash. Have it sent to my house." Shivay quickly scanned the piece of paper, his face twisted into an unpleasant sneer, "Oh! How smart of you! What kind of a ridiculous joke is this?" he asked.

Edited by writerff - 6 years ago
samiksha1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very well written. πŸ‘πŸ‘
bworm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Haha...score for Anika. 
Loved the update 
Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Fantastic update
What is Shivay's problem???? Always behind Anika
Update soon please
Krithi_Krish thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow
Loved it😊
Eagerly waiting for the next part.

❀️
Krishna