rishani77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Let's not fall in love...

This is the story about two people who once where classmates and failed at with their first love respectively. Start a battle of hearts when they encounter with each other after eight years since they graduated from college.

Veer Malhotra was in a live in relationship with Pragya against the wishes of their families. He met her where he was himself a patient after graduation when she was an intern in Savitri Devi College And Hospital. They got attracted to each other from the very first sight. With time their relationship got weaker as a result of circumstances they decided to get separated. However their relationship takes a U-turn within a drastic night where Pragya get admitted urgently into the hospital after depression. Despite Pragya's family going against Veer , he never gives up to hold into her hand and to try to understand what went wrong with her. One day his encounter with Sanchi Misra at the same hospital, who was once his classmate during high school , gives him a moral support and strength to not to give up on Pragya.

Sanchi is a pediatric doctor of Savitri Devi College And Hospital.
Smart, kind and full of ambitions she was the topper during high school and in college. She had a sorrowful past with her first love, Kabir, once the best friend of  Veer Malhotra. Sanchi and Veer never got along , they were in fact poles apart. He was always in a mood to play pranks and was famous among girls , while she had no interest in him. Eight years later when they meet in an uncommon place, things have changed so much in their relationships and in their inner selves. He doesn't have time for pranks anymore , there are no sparks in her eyes , they are silent.

Sanchi and Veer rebuild a friendship during a hard moment of their lives. Together they try to get up but things get complicated when those two lonely souls get deeply attached to each other... Is it just friendship ? Sympathy ? Attraction ?

Will they give a second chance to their first love ?  Does Pragya still has a soft corner for Veer ? What happened between Sanchi and Kabir who were once the " perfect couple" ? Can first love last longer ?

PS: Can someone plz help me to make an edit for the FF?  Thanks. ðŸ˜Š
Sorry for any mistakes, it's sometime hard to manage 3 languages (french, sinhala & english).

Edited by rishani77 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amrtina thumbnail
Awesome 
Please continue soon
rishani77 thumbnail

Chapter 1 : A nightmare!

It's almost midnight and it's raining outside the hospital. Veer is waiting in the waiting room he is walking restless from right to left, left to right. After a few minutes a doctor and a nurse came from the emergency room, it's 1.30 a.m. Veer was running towards her when Pragya's parents came  to the doctor, her father pushed him from behind shouting " get out of here ".

Veer is taken aback, he is trying to control his emotions. He finally feels relieved when the doctor announced that Pragya is out of danger now. Her parents thanked the doctor and then thanked God. Veer closes his eyes and finally sits up with a heavy heart. When he opens his eyes, Pragya's parents were standing up in front of him. Her father is angrily staring at him.

Pragya's dad : " - We had enough of you, you better leave our daughter for once before another storm comes. This is my last warning to you !

Pragya's mother tried to calm down her husband as other people were looking at them creating a scene.  She begged Veer to leave but he tries to makes her understand that he'll only leave once he'll see Pragya's face. A few hours later, while her parents were looking at her sleeping in her patient's room, Veer was looking at them through the small window.

What happened last night after their phone call, why was she crying, why did she hid him about her depression, he thought. He then steps back and leaves there, passing by a long corridor while remembering every beautiful moments spent with Pragya, his first love. How he flirted with her when she took care of his wound in this same hospital, their first date at a coffee shop during monsoon, him playing silly jokes to cheer her up, dropping her every morning at the hospital in his bike, then them moving in together against the wishes of Pragya's parents...He finally thought if he was ever responsible of her depression, was it because of their break-up, was it because he didn't called her back yesterday night...

Veer finally reaches the entrance of the hospital, he steps out without even realizing that it's still raining. Someone who is walking towards his direction, wearing a salwar suit and an umbrella in her hand goes by him, she then turns back to him within a few seconds. She goes to him with her curious eyes and puts the umbrella above his head to protect him by getting wet. The young man could feel someone's presence and a lavender scent, which is Pragya's favorite one. He then comes to his senses calling Pragya's name to only see an unknown young woman standing next to him who is holding an umbrella covering both of their heads. She gave him a small smile by saying that he needs it more than her as how he wont probably manage to take care of the patient if  he gets sick. She then makes him hold her own umbrella and leaves him by entering the hospital with heavy steps in order to avoid the pondering rain. Veer watched her going with a confused expression saying to himself " ajeeb hai...

Two days later Pragya finally started to talk to her parents, she started to recover. Veer went to meet the doctor in order to know the whereabouts of her condition before visiting Pragya.

Doctor : - As I told you Mr. Malhotra, Pragya showed several symptoms of a deep depression, we even contacted her psychiatric she confirmed to us that she didn't prescribed her any pills that could harm her health. We assume that she got some prescription illegally and took the big step on her own, which actually happens most of the time.

Veer : - But doctor...How can we know what...what made her take these pills ?

Doctor : - Fortunately she is out of danger now, the answers to yours and her family's questions are up to her. First of all she needs to recover, to continue her therapy sessions. Meanwhile we need to be patient and to support her so that we can help her and prevent her to harm herself again.

Veer nods his head with sad eyes. The doctor then cheers him up.

Doctor : - Pragya's family and yourself need to be strong in order to support her. She is lucky to have you in her life...Well mostly in such situations when a couple if affected her or his partner tend to get weak in their relationship. I can say just by watching you the past two days that you are a very good partner. All the very best Mr. Malhotra and be strong, everything will be fine !

Veer was taken aback by his words and advice. He thanks the doctor and went out from his office to join Pragya. He is both excited and anxious of meeting her. After that conversation, he reaches to her room, enters after knocking, thankfully none of her family members are their to trouble him. A nurse is feeding her, while seeing Veer coming towards her, Pragya asks the nurse to leave them and that she had eaten enough. Veer takes the platter and assures the nurse that he will make sure that he finishes her meal properly. The nurse smiles him back and leaves them alone in the hospital room. Veer sits on the chair next to her bed to speak to her.

Veer : - Tum kaisi ho ?

Pragya : - It's burning inside me...

Veer : - Chalo eat well, take your medicine on time, rest well so that you can get well soon !

Pragya : - When did you started to sound like a doctor ?

Veer : - No more arguing Pragya. Here, eat.

Pragya turns her head on the left avoiding the spoon which contains soup.

Veer then insists again, she still refuses.

Veer : - Ok then, at least have some fruits yaar.

Pragya then stares at him angrily.

Veer : - Kya hua ? Dekh if you won't eat then I will eat all these !

Pragya : - Please help yourself...Dekho Veer, I know why you're doing all these...Stop making me feel uncomfortable  !

Veer : - Maine kya galath kiya Pragya ? Aur...why...why did you do this?

Pragya : - Oh please, you wasn't even there for me when I needed you the most !

Veer : - This is not the time to argue about what happened between us. We'll talk about it later when you'll recover but try to understand that even if we're together or not if you need me I will be there for you...I...I wasn't able to answer you on that night as I was out of town but trust me yaar, if I knew that you was so unwell I would rush into you!

Pragya : - I'm tired, I wanna rest if you don't mind.

Veer : - Ok then I'll see you, take care.

He closes the door behind him taking a deep breath and take a glimpse at her through the door's window before leaving, Pragya is already lying on the bed.

When he was about to take a step ahead, a young lady doctor bumps into him, her hand collides with his. As a result, her bracelet get stuck to his watch, her bracelets tears apart. She just said sorry to him and rushed behind a kid who apparently is a patient. Veer looks on the floor, he collects the bracelets and it's plastic pearls and small butterflies. While collecting them one by one, he realizes that she got back to the kid and that she is reasoning him calmly while he is crying. Veer closely looks at her from afar and then says to himself : " Yeh wohi hai na...the one who gave me her umbrella that night..."

Veer finishes up with the bracelet, he gets up, the young women and the kid are already gone. Veer then wonders what to with the bracelet now that it's  half broken. There was a dustbin a few meters from him. He takes a few steps ahead to throw it in but then stops himself saying : " Nahi, she works here, I will give it her back along with the umbrella.

On the other hand the kid who was running in the corridor reaches into his mother's hand who was waiting for him in the pediatric ward of Savitri Devi College And Hospital. She gave him a big hug saying to not run away from her and his treatments anymore otherwise he wouldn't be able to come home. She wipes her son's tears and notices that his doctor is looking at them from afar with emotional eyes. Sanchi comes to them and caress the kid's head.

Sanchi : - Don't worry, we doctors are trying our best. Your mom is there with you and God is also with you. You need to be strong in order to fight with all of us, tik hai ?

Kid : - Aur papa ? He won't come na... he left us...

His mom doesn't know what to say, she feels sad and embarrassed. Sanchi tries to cheer him up again.

Sanchi : - Mummy hai na aap ke saath beta. There are some kids who don't even have both parents with them,  but look how lucky you are. Get well soon so that you can take care of your mother also, tik hai ?

Kid : - Tik kai doctor Sanchi !

The kid's mom thanked Sanchi and Sanchi leaves the mother and son alone in order for them to spend some quality time before the kid's therapy starts.

" One needs to take care of himself in order to protect his dearest ones." Edited by rishani77 - 6 years ago
rishani77 thumbnail

Chapter 2 : A new journey.

Sanchi came home earlier today. Wearing her pyjama, she is doing some manicure to relax a bit with her roommate and best friend Isha.

Isha : - How was your day?

Sanchi : - Wahi usual...Aur tumhara?

Isha : - It was okay...By the way this Saturday I hope you will be free!

Sanchi : - Kyun?

Isha : - Don't tell me that you forgot about your date, auntyji will be mad...Kaun tha who ladka...Hme...Kuch Aa...

Sanchi : - Anuj.

Isha : - Haan Anuj! I will make sure to take care of your hairstyle and make-up so that he goes fida on you.

Sanchi : - Tum bhi na Isha!

Isha : - By the way don't forget to take his picture along with you cause you usually forget lots of things lately.

Sanchi : - Relax. I will take all the precautions meri maa!

Isha finishes up the manicure and goes to the kitchen. While making some tea she starts to give advices to Sanchi for her date, Sanchi on the other hand is lost in her thoughts. She reminded of how Kabir proposed to her in the hospital during her internship with a bouquet of red tulips which were her favorites. Isha came up with two cups of tea and wake her up.

Isha : - Kya hua ?

Sanchi : - Hme...Kuch nahi...

Isha : - Chai.

Sanchi : - Thanks...Dekh Isha, I know that maa is desperately waiting for me to build my own family but...I'm not ready yaar. I lost confident and trust in love, so how can I start over again?

Isha : - I understand Sanchi, ok then let's give a chance for Anuj then you decide what to do and to discuss it seriously with auntyji cause it's not to good to give her hopes.

Sanchi : - Tik hai.

Isha : - And one more thing Sanchi, true that you had a failed relationship but that doesn't mean that you must stop to be happy, to see the people around you! One day or the other you will find love again.

The coming days Sanchi was so busy and exhausted with work on saturday itself that she got an extra shift. Sanchi keeps running from here and there and peeking on her watch, it's already 6 p.m and she needs to meet Anuj at 6.30 p.m. Sanchi goes to drink some water and calls her mother requesting her to ask Anuj to come and meet her up at the cafeteria of Savitri Devi College And Hospital as she still has a shift left. Her mother agrees after all duty always comes first to her daughter. Sanchi finishes up her shift at 6.30 p.m, she then rushes into the washroom and apply some peach colour lipgloss to match up with her saree and ends up wearing some pretty earrings that were gifted by Isha. She then rushes into the cafeteria in between she drops down her bag, a nurse helps to collect her things.

Sanchi forgot to takes up Anuj's photo sent by her mom, it went into the nurse's hand. Sanchi rushed into the cafeteria, she looks around her and found a table with a young man sitting alone with a cup of coffee as he looked at her she immediately smiled to him and went to sit in front of him.

Sanchi : - Sorry I'm late.

Veer keeps looking at her, he them remembered that she was the umbrella wali doctor that he was searching for this whole afternoon. Now that she's there in front of him he can finally gives her her belongings.

Veer : - Oh I was actually searching for you...

Sanchi : - Sorry again. Euh...Do you want something to eat...pastries or sandwiches?

Veer doesn't understand why she is acting all casual. But then he just nodded his head to her suggestion, while he was about to talk to her, she frees her hair and let them loose. Veer stares at her a few seconds, it reminded him how Pragya used to tease him with her beautiful hair when he was feeling asleep and lazy. Sanchi looks at him awkwardly.

Sanchi : - Hme...Well...I didn't had much time to get properly prepared for today...I had two extra shifts, it was kinda hard but you see I love my work. So what about you, how was your day, how is work?

Veer : - Well...I'm stuck with some projects these days as I had a leave of two days for an urgent matter so...

Sanchi : - Oh...See before ordering something I agreed for today on my mother's sake otherwise...I mean...I'm honestly not ready for a relationship or even a commitment, I hope you will understand me. And I'm sorry to say it like this, I prefer to be honest right away than making things complicated or wasting your time!

Veer : - Mujhe kuch samajh nahi ara...Ek minute, maybe you came for your umbrella...But before that, here is your bracelet.

Veer puts the bracelet on the table just in front of her hands, Sanchi is taken aback seeing it.

Sanchi : - Mera bracelet, I was searching for it. How did you...have... it?

Veer : - I came to give you this doctor, I thought that maybe you knew about Pragya...

Sanchi : - Pragya ?

Veer : - Haan patient Pragya Yadav.

Sanchi then checks her bag to look upto Anuj's photo but it is nowhere there. She then gets upsets and embarrassed. Veer then brought up her umbrella, Sanchi has her mouth wide opened she then stands up from there with confused eyes. Veer stands up too and leaves there giving her his greetings. Surprisingly Veer comes back to her calling her "Sanchi Misra, she then immediately gets up and turns back. Veer reads her necklace with name tag where her name was written, Sanchi forgot to keep it in her bag, she takes it back. Veer then stares at her for a moment, Sanchi avoids his eyes.

Veer : - Tum wohi Sanchi Misra na, glasses wali, Kabir's...

A shocked Sanchi looks up immediately at him after hearing Kabir's name.

Veer : - Sanchi Misra, the topper of high school!

Sanchi then observes him in detail and somehow he does reminded her of someone, but she forgot who he was in fact she's ashamed that she herself forgot how Anuj looked like. She is anxious about her mother's reaction on today's incident.

Sanchi : - I'm really sorry.

Veer : - Arre it's ok. I'm Veer Malhotra, do you remember me?

Sanchi : - Veer...

Veer : - Mein itna badal gaya kya ? By the way you misunderstood me for someone else...I thought you and Kabir were together...

Sanchi then changes the topic by apologising for taking him to someone else. They sit up and decided to catch up with each other along with some coffee and pastries. While talking about the good old days, Sanchi didn't even care about her date with Anuj, she just messaged to her mother and switched off the phone. She decided that she'll face her mother when she'll see her and will therefor ask her to set up another date with Anuj so that she won't be hurt.

Veer : - Remember how we use to argue during the tuition classes and Kabir always took your side.

Sanchi : - Haan. And I couldn't stand your pranks.

Veer : - I know. So how is life going on...work...shaadi...are you in touch with our gang? The last time we met was...Gosh I can't even remember!

Sanchi hated when someone mention the word " shaadi " , she couldn't avoid it today be it with Anuj or Veer. She decided to keep a low profile and not to reveal much about her.

Sanchi : - Well I've decided to be a career oriented woman, baas... Aur tum?

Veer : - I'm a cartoonist, living my life in the way I've always wanted, thankfully. Things have been a bit hard these days but...Life is all about ups and downs hai na?

Sanchi : - True! And what about the patient you came to visit in our hospital, everything alright?

Veer sighs : - Luckily she's out of danger and is slowly recovering. We need to be patient and supportive according to the doctor.

Sanchi : - That's the spirit !

Veer : - Tum kis ward pe kaam karti ho?

Sanchi : - Paediatric ward mein. I've always wanted to work with kids you know and trust me that are as difficult and stubborn as we adults.

Veer : - Oh I see. I knew that you'll make it big just like Kabir, after all hamari topper thi na.

Sanchi checks her phone and sees three missed calls from her mother, she immediately grabs her things and stands up to take her leave.

Sanchi : - Ok Veer, it was nice meeting you, will see you later. Aur haan if you need anything from my side do tell me ok?

Veer : - Thank you, it was nice meeting you too Miss.Golgappa.

Hearing her old nickname from her classmates made Sanchi's mood better, she laughed at it and leaved the hospital in a good mood.

" Life is all about ups and downs, one needs to gather all the strength to stand upon his own" Edited by rishani77 - 6 years ago
rishani77 thumbnail

Chapter  3: Too late to apologize...

Pragya started her therapies with a new psychiatric at the hospital after her discharge. One day, Veer was waiting outside the psychiatrist's room for Pragya. She then comes from the room, closing the door behind and gets surprised seeing Veer sitting there. He immediately gets up once he sees her and slowly goes towards her.

Veer : - Hey. How are you?

Pragya sighs, she gives him a cold stare.

Veer : - Sorry if I disturbed you, I just wanted to see you as I didn't had the chance to catch up with you since you got discharged. Beside uncle aur aunti won't let me visit you at home, and I know that you took a break from work.

Pragya : - So are you stalking me now just like papa?

Veer : Kya? Wait...It's not good for you to be stressed or angry now, let's go to the cafeteria and talk calmly would you?

Pragya looks elsewhere without saying anything. Veer then puts his hand on her shoulder to assure her saying " let's talk please .

Once they took place at the cafeteria, Veer ordered two cups of tea along with some pastries. While he was busy answering to an urgent call, Pragya silently observes him while drinking her tea. Pragya's heart melted for a moment when she felt his touch a few minutes ago. She is lost looking at his concerned eyes, she used to love his small eyes, she could always sense all just by looking at his eyes. She had so many things to say to him but she just couldn't or was she just afraid, she wondered. Veer finished with his call and then excuses himself to Pragya.

Veer : - Here are your favourites pastries.

Pragya : - Dekho Veer, you don't need to be so formal with me...

Veer : - I seriously don't get women's minds. If too friendly it's wrong, if too formal it's also wrong. Aab mein kya karoon yaar ?

Pragya finished up her tea, she looks straight at Veer.

Pragya : - Tik hai I will go straight to the point then. I don't want you to be be friendly out of pity. Tumhara yeh attitude..it isn't helping me. Actually Veer I'm feeling uncomfortable around you.

Veer : - But we are friends na tu phir kyon tum aise...

Pragya : Please Veer...you don't need to feel guilty about me!

Veer : - No matter what I'll be there for you Pragya, you know it na ? So I just want to be sure that you are recovering and if you need to talk someone don't hide it all inside your heart cause we are here, your family and myself. We may not be a couple anymore but hum dost hai na ? C'mon after all we were in a relationship for 2 years yaar !

Pragya : - Haan, 2 years and you're talking about it with so much ease...It might have been easy for you but it was hard for me... cause of work, the ups & downs in life, I was tired...suffocating, I felt so lonely... You see we women even if we don't say much we are more sensitive than men!

Veer : - It was you who wanted to break-up!

Pragya : - Here you go blaming me. And excuse-me you also didn't tried to keep it up na, you were busy, I was busy and so on...I needed to breath, to make up my mind. I've just asked you for a break I didn't said that it's over forever and all... You see we women even if we don't say much we are more sensitive than men!

Veer laughs at her last comment.

Pragya : - What's so funny ?

Veer : - Yaar, why you girls are so complicated and confusing haan ? I'm sorry if I couldn't read your mind all the time. Seriously Pragya, it has been a year now we both moved on and now I want us to be friends just like the old days you know. If you are not okay it's not a problem but at least don't treat me as a stranger, right now I wanna support you along with your family and your friends.

Pragya : - Everything would have been different if you could understand me that time, if you answered to my phone call that night. I know that you had your reasons but still the first person I ever thought of when I was so afraid and lost was you Veer. What does it mean to you ?

Veer then puts his hand on hers and looks at her full of concerned.

Pragya has tears in her eyes.

Veer : - I'm sorry yaar. All I could say is sorry. See you can blame me, slap me, do whatever you want but please, please don't ignore me yaar, let me lend my hand to you.

Pragya : - Kash tum yeh sab mujhe pehle bata diya!

Pragya took her hand from his, she finishes her tea and gets up with her handbag and leaves Veer alone. While walking away she turned back and looks at Veer's back, he is not turning back. She knew that he was waiting to propose to her, but then she already made up her mind if only he could have understood her that time, if only he could have held her hand, she thought. She walks in a long corridor and passes by Dr. Sanchi. Sanchi on the other hand goes outside the hospital to breath some fresh air, then she sees Veer passing by. While she turns away to avoid him he calls her out while noticing her presence there. He then approaches her.

Veer : - Hi, all good ?

Sanchi : - Haan, I came for a small break. Aur tum?

Veer : - I came to see my friend, she got discharged a few days ago and she's doing therapy sessions here.

Sanchi : - Oh I see, your friend is lucky to have such a good supporter like you.

Veer : - Pata nahi yaar...Kind of complicated between us...

Sanchi : - Hme...Girlfriend ?

Veer wasn't expecting that reply from her, he looks at her surprisingly.Veer decides to take a walk along with Sanchi to whom she agrees as she felt that he needed to opens up with someone.

Veer : - Hme...She is special for me as we had a past, baas.

Sanchi : - I see, so is she happy to see you around her or ?

Veer : - This is exactly what I don't get, is she happy or angry, sometimes it feels like she wanna opens up to me but then no, we keep arguing about the same old story. And it's not for her health to take rest or to get angry you know...

Sanchi : - I know sometimes it's hard but most of the time when we assume something it means the other way around especially with men.

Veer : - Yaar why you girls are so complicated haan ? This is tougher than completing a puzzle.

Sanchi : - Lekin we are not all in the same boat!

Veer : - Oops sorry if I offended you. You know it felt nice talking to you, and you always appear at the right moment. Thanks yaar!

Sanchi : - Arre maine kuch nahi kya...

Veer : Oh haan, sunday there is a reunion with our class fellows, are you gonna attend it ?

Sanchi : Hme...I don't think that I'll make it on sunday so...

Veer : - C'mon it would be nice to catch up with others, I'll get to see Kabir also. By the way how is he doing, you guys are still together right, everyone said that you two make the perfect couple I was eager to see both of you!

Sanchi then looks at the time and leaves Veer as she has to go back to the hospital. Veer starts his motorbike and therefor leaves the hospital.

" Eyes do speak larger than words."

Edited by rishani77 - 6 years ago
TGYU789 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It was amazing please continue it was really beautiful kuddos for you love sanveer
rishani77 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TGYU789

It was amazing please continue it was really beautiful kuddos for you love sanveer

Thanks yaar, I wanted to write stg emotional / different not only with Sanveer but also 2nd leads such as Pragya, Kabir. 😊

Hope other SanVeer fans will also like it.