Jealous Much, Rudy? [RumYa SS] Part 3 pg 5

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Hewwo!! Tannu here. So I guess everyone here is missing RumYa onscreen, and I've been MIA today coz I was Skyping with family and friends today, so got some inspiration from all that and wrote something fun(ny) for RumYa this time. HAPPPY HOLI Guys!! 🥳

Hope y'all like it. Do not forget to like, comment and let your opinions show, I am also open to constructive feedback!! 😆

Part 1: Pg 1

Part 2: Pg 3

Part 3: Pg 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This coffee shop is their place. For the six of them. Not anyone else. Especially not the guy standing in line talking to Saumya as she grabs them all food to share.

Rudra grits his teeth as the guy-Reyaan, he thinks. It's Reyaan from their class who he always catches staring at Saumya from across the room-places a hand on Saumya's elbow and leans down to whisper in her ear.

"Rudra?" His gaze snaps to Omkara, who's watching him carefully, concern in his eyes. "Are you okay?" Omkara asks him. Rudra blinks, confused until he realizes he's been staring-glaring-in Saumya's direction. Not at her of course, but Om doesn't know that. He's about to change the subject by asking where Prinku went, but quickly remembers that she couldn't make it today.

It's just him, his brothers, Annika, Gauri and Saumya.

And Reyaan.

Great.

"I'm fine, O." He sends his brother a strained smile, gaze drifting passed him as Saumya laughs, her head tossed back and eyes bright. His heart squeezes in his chest, but he shoves the bitter feeling down. Saumya can talk to whoever she wants, he's not the boss of her. Besides, she would slap him hard if she knew he was sour over her talking to another guy. Hell, he should slap himself for acting like a jealous boyfriend.

Shivaay looks at him in disbelief. "Are you sure? Because you've been staring at Saumya with this weird look on your face for a while now."

Rudra frowns. "I wasn't looking at Saumya weird. I'm just wondering why the line is so long today," he bluffs. Technically, he wasn't looking at Saumya weird. He was looking at Saumya and Reyaan weird.

There's a difference.

Shivaay shakes his head, a slight smile on his face. "I wasn't talking about today," he murmurs.

"Hmm?" Rudra turns back to Shivaay, clearly having missed the question. Shivaay waves him off with a shake of the head, turning back to the file in front of him. Rudra quirks a brow, but something stops him from replying.

Saumya giggles. Saumya will-punch-you-in-the-face-if-you-say-the-wrong-thing giggles. It sounds happy and airy and it's what he thinks sunshine would sound like if it had a noise. On one hand he's shocked-completely stunned by the soft sound-because Saumya never giggles, least of all around strangers, but on the other hand something warm floods through him, bubbling in his chest and creeping onto his face. Oh, and he knows exactly what it is. He's liked Saumya for a long time now, he just hasn't worked up the nerve to tell her yet.

And that's a huge problem in itself, because he's pretty sure the word "love" is practically written across his face whenever he sees her-which is a lot-and he's pretty sure people are beginning to notice-including Annika and Gauri, who take turns laughing secretly at him whenever he talks to Saumya.

Rudra's thought process is shattered as Saumya's gaze slides to his and she smiles-not a smirk-a real, true smile.

His heart skips a beat.

She turns back to Reyaan a second later, laughing at something he says, and places a hand on his shoulder, leaning closer to him.

Rudra looks away.

Clearing his throat, Rudra reaches into his bag, blindly grasping for something to distract himself with, and practically slams a book onto the table, startling Shivaay, who peers at him over his file.

He sneers, shoving the book to the side and running a hand over his face, gritting his teeth.

"What is wrong with you today?" Omkara asks, frowning at him.

Rudra sighs. "Nothing, it's just Monday."

Omkara's frown deepens. "It's Sunday." Rudra groans, cursing under his breath.

A sly grin tugs at Annika's lips "Does your bad attitude by any chance correlate with Saumya-"

A tray of chili pakodas is dropped between them unceremoniously, cutting Annika off mid-sentence. Both of them startle, Annika budging and dropping Shivaay's file and Rudra whipping around to face his friend as she slides into the seat next to him, grinning at all of them.

"Sorry it took so long. There was a line," Saumya explains briefly, giving them a noncommittal shrug. Gauri reaches for the first of chili pakodas, but Saumya slaps her hand away before she gets too close. "Bhabhi, please wait, I'm not gonna let you eat most of them this time!"

"But they're so good!"

Rudra snorts, watching them argue-he uses "argue" loosely, as Gauri rarely argues with Saumya, but Saumya argues with everyone-over chili pakodas and Gauri always taking them because she is fond of spicy food.

Saumya shoots him a look, but he pointedly ignores it.

"So, you were talking to Reyaan," he says to her sourly, keeping his eyes on the pakodas.

Saumya shrugs. "Yeah, he's a nice guy, funny too," she tells him. Rudra has to fight back an eye roll-because Rudra doesn't roll his eyes.

"He must be," he grumbles, "considering how much you were laughing."

Saumya raises a brow at him, lips quirked up in a smile. "We were talking about you and what happened in class on Monday," Saumya tells him, lips twitching as she recalls the memory.

Rudra groans, ducking his head in embarrassment. He doesn't even want to think about what happened Monday. "Oh," he replies softly.

She smirks. "You jealous, Duffer Oberoi?" It's a joke, he can tell, but he takes the bait anyway.

"And what if I said I was?" he asks softly, turning to face her directly, his knee bumping hers under the table. Across from them, Om and Shivaay choke on their pakodas in surprise, and share amused looks with Annika and Gauri.

Saumya shakes her head slowly, her eyes almost sad. "Then I would say you're being silly," she says, sending him a little smile. "We were just talking and I'm not your girlfriend."

Rudra takes a deep breath, steeling himself. "And what if, hypothetically, I wanted to change that?" he asks, voice wavering slightly. The last thing he wants to do is send Saumya running for the hills because she doesn't like him the same way.

Saumya grins, leaning into him, lips brushing his ear. His heart lunges into his throat and he freezes, heart beating out of control. "Well, hypothetically, I would tell you to ask me out properly."

Edited by Hey_Bhaggu - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thanks for reading and appreciating 😳
Will try to write more 😊

Originally posted by: malla88

U r welcome.also plz do write more.i love rumya and m v sad for them..this gul and co dont listen to any of us...so ab bas stories ka hi Sahara h

malla88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
U r welcome.also plz do write more.i love rumya and m v sad for them..this gul and co dont listen to any of us...so ab bas stories ka hi Sahara h
sanjanagarg71 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Superb. I would love to read more os on rumya.plz write more.i love rumya and in both shows they are not even acknowledging to bring soumya back
Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Tannu, a ride of emotions so well described! Be it of ShivKara , bits of AniGauri, and how they all can read Rudra! Rehaan and Soumya parts and jealous Rudra was fab!!
Last Rumya convo was just intense and amazing.

PS: Gave up on Dbo cos no Rumya, so keep writing.
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thank You for reading and appreciating 😳
dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanjanagarg71

Superb. I would love to read more os on rumya.plz write more.i love rumya and in both shows they are not even acknowledging to bring soumya back

Thanks for reading and appreciation 😳
I think she is entering IB tomorrow 😊

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhura..

Tannu, a ride of emotions so well described! Be it of ShivKara , bits of AniGauri, and how they all can read Rudra! Rehaan and Soumya parts and jealous Rudra was fab!!
Last Rumya convo was just intense and amazing.

PS: Gave up on Dbo cos no Rumya, so keep writing.

Thank You for reading and appreciating. 
I'm glad you like it so much 😳

P.S - Saumya might enter DBO too soon. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thank You for reading and appreciating 😳
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
beautiful and  👍🏼 👏 Edited by .Reshama. - 7 years ago