Posted: 7 years ago
amazing update dear 
i loved it very much
so both r going together hmm
i really hope they gets back like old time 
plzzz do continue soon
and thanks for the pm dear
Though this update is short but I like the progression.
Goa is on the cards with wedding twist.
Loveee it.😳
And Good to see that Kunj is in deep thought about Twinkle's choices.😃
This thinking is sooo beautiful.
Waiting for your long update.

You are so good at it!
You are so good at writing!
So good at depicting emotions!
I cant wait for the wedding chapy!loads of love
Thanku for the pm.!
Amazing it was 
Hai  i am new here
thank u 4 ur pm 
Ur story is really wonderfull and Im a big fan of it

thanks a lott for updating
Edited by dafodilsduke - 7 years ago
Originally posted by SweetSau

Ress 
Will unress in a while after I read it!
Unress
Hi di 
Sorry for the late comment! Have been having some problems so couldn't comment had read the update right after ress but couldn't unress! 
So aaj chotu comment.
Am really loving the progression of the story. Going slow!
Loved the conversation in the car.
So twinj are heading to Goa.
Why do I feel that is going to act as a catalyst to speeding up their relation! 
Both of them gaurding their feelings making sure the other doesn't get signs of them being in love and only keeping their feelings limited to friendship.
Kunj bachcha yehi hai tumhari Jeevan sathi chahe tu maane ya na maane.
Loved that Twinkle said yes ignoring both her heart and mind.
In all loved the chapter.
Update soon.
Lots of love
Sayli
This is for those who still want me to update

Part 20

I had endured the pain of his loss for so long ... that it had become a part of me and even when he walked back... the pain still existed...in fact still exists...

When you hold your broken self for so long...  it becomes a habit.. i did become a sad soul... even when I progressed in my life ...career wise.. i never progressed personal wise or say emotional wise... I had continued to harbor the pain...and thats the reason it never disappeared...

Yes he was back.. yes we will take it slow... there was a lot to fix... a lot to do... but with the wish to fixing came a fear too... yes i know I had to love myself...as much as I loved him.. make myself priority... but it was easier said than done...

I was a person who gave...without hesitation...without question.. and thats why my soul was so damaged and I believed that it was hard to fix it...

And there were two fears which completely contradicted each other but still existed...one was what if i get fixed completely and the same events repeat ...then what will i do? Will i survive that? And second was what if i never got fixed...what if my soul is not able to fix itself...what if the cracks remained...larger than what i would want.. and what if i never went back to being a happy person...

What if i did draw a line.. and we are the best friends... but the emptiness of love remains...I had delayed my marriage...as much as i could... and he would also get married...eventually

And then?

The chaos and storm in my heart or soul was going through could not be easily put in words...i felt stuck yet when i looked at him I felt free...with every smile... of his.. with every effort he took... i did get at peace...and then a little deviation and my heart would skip... and warn...me.. of breaking apart...

Five long years.. I had waited to hear this voice...to see his smile... to feel his presence..

Secretly waited would be the right word..

As all these wishes had been locked away in a box and buried under a large pile of anger... hurt.. pain... and tears...and a promise of not crossing paths again..

And here I sat...in his car...reliving a memory so old...that felt so new...

As much as I denied..I had always wanted him to come back...at some point in my life...

I looked at our almost perfect yet incomplete story...best friends... love...and everything one wants...and yet ...some things were seriously flawed...the love being one sided.. the friendship missing trust..

Oh how breathtakingly beautiful this story was ...and scarily heart wrenching...and yet was managing to survive.

Shivers ran across my whole body as I got off and said good bye... somewhere hoping it wasn't the last and yet somewhere scared for the next time we met...

I came to my room almost trembling.. feeling as empty as possible...I couldn't feel sad..but couldn't feel happy either...

The emotions had collided with each other leaving this emptiness that was blank...

I watched her go...my heart was wishing to meet her again...but regretting it also...

How do u manage to hurt someone so much without realising the extent of the damage you cause...

She looked so lost when she left.. her wall has fallen and I could see her fragile self...more than she had wanted to show was on display...I wanted to fix her... i wanted to do everything possible to piece her together... but how?

Was me being a sincere friend ..caring friend... will it be enough? Or something more was needed?

Where do i stop being a friend and become something more..

I had no answers... and her lost eyes lingered in my mind for the rest of the evening..

I was happy that I got to be around her but at the same time it hurt me seeing how my presence hurt her and also gave her peace...

Walking away wasn't an option anymore

I had to be that friend she always wanted me to be... the friend she deserved...

I picked up the phone and decided to be honest and sincere to her

" I don't know what can be done... to heal ... but I am here is all I want to say..."

It was as if she was waiting for my message..

I got an instant reply

"i know... and together we can.."

A slight smile appeared on my face along with a tinge of pain ... even after everything..  she was there...

A small tear left my eyes..after reading his message.

The tear didn't represent pain this time.. and not even happiness ...

It represented relief... just like the relief you get when you find your destination after being lost for hours.. after living without hope for hours.. you finally find the right path...and even though you are tired... and you have not still reached the destination.. you know... all those hours of walking..sweating... has not been wasted... you afterall did find your path...

I was relieved.. relieved to know that my 5 years of friends ship and so many years of waiting...were not wasted... all those wishes... all those expectations.. which were honestly just a wish to have that friendship I have always wanted...and with this message.. I knew...I had found my path...

I wanted to meet her every day..  be with her every minute.. but I held myself...and tried to remember my memories... what was normal.. how many times did she call me..or how many times we met ( before everything got messed up).. we were in college... we met almost daily.. but did we talk daily... and as memories resurfaced.. I realized...with deep regret...that yeah she always was there but I wasn't ...I remembered the 100 times I ditched her for something "important" and how she patiently waited ... I wondered if I was that bad .. why did she hold on.. I must have done something right..

I did make up...for my absence... but not in a very obvious way...

I was counting days to wedding... I wish I had told her I wanted to attend all the three days... but that would have been too much for her? I wondered... but I didn't want to mess anything up...by wanting too much...

Day 1 ( 4 days to go)

There were four days left for the wedding.. and I had to choose my words wisely...

I didn't want to give her pressure... I knew the way she thinks...she would be in enough pressure already..

I picked up my cell wondering what would be the best way to start our conversation for the day...

I remembered our innumerable text fights.. how she vented her anger out on me.. how little importance I gave to those messages.. how I would stop replying.. how the next day automatically everything would reset...

Truth was nothing actually reset itself... she just gave and gave.. and repercussions we faced at the end...

And are facing even today...and today.. I was giving a million thoughts to one message...things did change...I did change.. I just hope.. I don't unintentionally hurt her...this time.

"Hi...How is work going...?.. I was wondering about the wedding..when do you want to leave...Friday evening or Saturday morning..it's an 8 hour drive...or should we book tickets?"

As soon as I sent I realized.. she would opt for drives... one thing about Twinkle was that she was hell scared of air flights...and would never opt for it...I felt stupid about mentioning it...

I waited for a reply...wondering would it hurt her.. that I didn't remember..

I didn't want to send another message ...saying I remembered...

"Hey ...Work is awful.. nothing new in that...the deal with your company is finalized...but my head wants more changes.. so warning you of more paperwork...I hope you mean tickets of train lol...my flight phobia very much still exists hehe...I think drive would be fine.. we can divide the hours... how about Friday afternoon ?"

And her reply reminded me of her next day messages post our fight... my stupidities.. my ignorance...

They were never angry ...even if she would have been angry the day before.. the next day.. everything was merry ..

An 8 hour long drive honestly scared me...

Aah.. maybe he mentioned flying by mistake...anyways I don't want to give importance to such silly things... the main part was he being there... and like always.. like before I wanted to focus on that...

An 8 hour long drive scared me.. but the flight phobia was more scary...I never could get over it...since my childhood I had  this phobia...

I stared at my reply... I hope I didn't sound rude.. I didn't want anything to go wrong...

Surviving 8 hours with him with the line in between was definitely a challenge but I thought the worse had already happened... what worse could happen?... I had lost him... found him again... he had hurt me to the level that I broke into multiple pieces.. and he was the one fixing me again.. what could go wrong...

I knew the answer to it but didn't want to give it a thought.. I ha dto cage those thoughts and feelings ..again.

Day 2 (3 days to go)

We had hardly talked yesterday. Honestly, I knew we both were super busy and I was glad.. we were not rushing into anything... the line was still blurred for me.. I had no idea on how to control "those feelings".

I rushed to office... I had to work super hard.. to get an early Friday off... and that meant less hours of sleep...less hours of rest and even lesser thoughts to get bothered by...

I stared at my phone... for a minute... thinking of sending a message.. but I wondered if it was the right thing..

The line... still blurry.. I started doing my work and got lost in it..

The day went by... a part of me was disappointed...with no message from him...

As I was walking to my car...I continued staring at my phone...feeling a bit low..

And then suddenly my phone rang...

His name flashed just like I wanted it to...

So this is how it feels when what u want happens...

"Man.. you are so busy in your phone... that you walked past me...have I grown less handsome?"

I looked behind and he was leaning on the wall ...I had honestly not seen him...

He kept the phone...

To tell the truth.. for one minute I wanted to run in his arms and for another I wanted to run and hide...

So I just stood frozen... embarrassed a bit...but I pulled myself together and asked myself to not feel like a teenager...

He had his usual smile...on his face...my heart could have melted again... I could have fallen in love again...

I took a deep breath and smiled ... not too less and not too much..

"How come you are here?"

"Well , I thought.. maybe we could grab so food before we head home.. if it is alright with and you are not too tired"

"Yeah sure..."

I could see he was speaking carefully...very carefully.. how he didn't want to be pushy...

We went to a restaurant but it was accepting only take away orders...I was hungry so we ordered take away...

I knew the smart thing to do was go to our homes respectively...

It was not the first time he would come to my home.. but I lived alone now... and I didn't know inappropriate it would be to invite him over...and the line... It had not cleared yet.

As we  got in the car again.. I did want to spend some time with her.. but going to her home was not an option... it was too late to go anywhere out ..

I stared at her.. her mind seemed to be having a similar war...would it be too much if I went to her place for dinner

What if she does not like it... what if...I knew we were in 21st century but I knew how her mind functioned..

I decided not to...

I drove to her place.. she said.. thanks and got off...and it started raining...she ran towards the building .. when she was almost inside.. I realized she had left her food in the car in a hurry..

I tried calling out .. but she was far ahead...

I was worried that she would sleep hungry...it was literally 11 pm.

I parked the car and ran towards her building.. but the rain was too hard and I got drenched in rain..

She had already gone up .. I had no idea which floor she lived on..I called...on her phone and after almost 10 calls she picked..

"Oh yeah I forgot the food.. don't worry.. will eat something and sleep"

"No No.. I am downstairs ... you can come and take it"

"Oh alright... "

She came and saw the drenched me and got shocked...

"Oh no!! what happened!!!!???"

"I ran after u and the rain decicded to rain harder at that moment"

"Oh no.. its winters.. come up .. dry yourself and then go.."

I wanted to say no.. but I knew how easily I caught flu

"Just get me an umbrella"

"how far is your place?"

"Half an hour I think"

"You will have a fever by then..just come up.. have food and dry yourself... and go"

I felt helpless... but I knew if I said one more no.. it would hurt her in real and followed her to the lift..

I didn't want to invite him.. but his state and his easiness of getting flu was something I was very familiar with..

Seeing him drenched in rain reminded me of our meetings during winters.. somehow he managed to get wet almost every time and we had to run to his home or mine ...

I always teased him.. that he should keep an umbrella but as usual he never listened...

And I reckon he still didn't...

"still not keeping umbrella..in the car?"

He shrugged his shoulders...

" like the many things I never listened ... list this one as well"

His words hit me.. I realized.. i shouldn t be making man already so guilty .. feel more guilt...

We were friends and there was a lot of baggage but we could get through if we were willing to..

I offered him some clothes of my brother...

He changed and put his clothes in the dryer...

Her place was beautiful... but empty... it didn't resemble like her old room at her parents...

I realized.. the reason it was empty was .. it had no photos..

She loved collages.. and literally had a wall for every year of her school and college.. and kept adding photos..

She used to tell me she would take that wallpaper everywhere she went...

There were no photos except for her parents  and his brothers family..

It hit me more... I had not only taken my friendship from her.. but also her belief in it..

And that thought ached me...

I saw him staring at the walls in my bedroom as I showed him my place which was 1 bedroom apartment.

I knew what he was searching for...

Little he knew.. that wall was never completed.. and that incomplete wall was a constant reminded of our broke friendship and that is why I left it at my parents place...

I could read the pain in his eyes...

And another feeling crept by me...this is how you feel when you see someone feeling your pain..

It was a new feeling...very new... and it would take time to get used to..it...

We had dinner and he decided to leave..

When he was leaving.. with the line becoming clear...

I called to him

"Kunj..."

He turned and I gave him one of our old friendly hugs...and said thanks..

I was taken aback with her gesture... though it was completely normal in our context... but her touch made me feel different... very different...

And the line for me blurred even more...

Please like if you want me to continue

love u all

griffy

Part 21

Edited by griffy.fz - 6 years ago
Yes! I'll be back as I give my last exam tmrw :D
*Unreserved*

Amazing... It's like how much ever long you take, the moment I read it, it comes back to me in a wave. 
These baby steps that they are taking, both are extremely conscious, not wanting to take any wrong step.
The way our hero is realising all his wrongs. 

Something about the missing wallpaper was heartbreaking. Someting about the little hug in the end was heart-touching
That small paragraph, with two lines.. Something along their story being heartbreaking, about what Twinkle felt their relation was. It was the star of this update. 

The way Twinkle doesn't want to repeat history, yet she is being the same. How much ever she tries, she'll be the same. The need for Kunj and his want to mend Twinkle, set his mishaps correct ❤️

I don't even know. Their hesistance shows how it all is extremely fragile for both of them. They want to do so much, say so much, clear all of it but they don't want to lose each other. 

Twinkle wants to give it a chance yet her fear stops her. The baby steps, is what she exactly has to take. How they both want to express their love, let the other one know that mean so much more, but have differing fears. Twinkle's is to protect herself, Kunj's is to protect Twinkle (too) but also their relation. 

Shout out to the scene where Twinkle walks past Kunj. 😆
His "Am I not handsome anymore" melted me man... I was grinning at that so hard, my cheeks hurt. 

I am waiting for the 8 hours man. How they will be confined to the car, cramped with tension and emotion ❤️

Update soon! 😳

P.S. When Kunj and Twinkle were both drenched, I had some different expectations☺️🤣 Not extreme hotness but a little bit😳😆 But you don't need ti add anything because they will mess the whole point of Memories. Just that I want to read one emotional, a little warm (not hot) part somewhere when Kunj finally proposes her, after extreme apologies that is.

Also, I was wondering who would give in to theur feelings first. Who will let the other know first? I am so conflicted of how I want it. If Kunj proposes, the sheer joy for Twinkle will make the whole story so much more. I mean after all of what we have went through (ie Twinkle and us) we deserve Kunj Sarna to make it up in the most simple yet beautiful and heart-warming way.

But somewhere, I also want an emotional break down for Twinkle. Where everything, every memory of hers is out, where Kunj is guilty, and when she finally confesses having such pure feelings for him, a tight hug that reassures her that everything will take time but he will set it straight. And those few minuted where only the idea of everything falling into place becomes extremely reassuring. 

And I just ranted all of the confession and the need for a romantic scene because I want to read something like that in your words ❤️
Edited by Black_Maniac - 7 years ago
Is this end of this chapter? 
Why? 
I am sooo in it...
Like hell I want more now.😭
Griffy it will better for you that will give next dose as early as possible.😆
But seriously I want to explore more the beautiful created situations between Twinj.😳
Hayeee...i am gone crazy with the story telling & of course the Writer.
🤗

Farah u have no idea how I feel after I read this chapter
Okay I guess u do
It was really really nice 
I really loved it 
I loved it like so much 
It brings back so many memories 
Loved it

Pls do continue 
Edited by harshi2000 - 7 years ago