Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
A brilliant piece of work. Just came across it today, read all the parts without looking at the start date of the story, only noticed the date on the last chapter and nearly kicked myself for starting a story which is not updated in more than a year but it was so awesome that I wasn't able to stop myself from reading it. I don't know if the author even visit this website anymore as she hasn't updated the story in a year or so but if, she still reads the comments then I just want to say that she is doing a grave injustice to this amazing story by leaving it unfinished. Plz give this fabulous story an end which it so deserves.
shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hello Everyone

I have to start with an apology for my disappearing act - I didn't even leave a note! Honestly, I was so busy with life - two kids - yes I now have two!! - that I didn't get any time for myself or my writing. That is no excuse whatsoever but I hope you will understand. To be honest, I don't even know how one year went by.

All I can say is I am really really sorry and I will try to not do it again!! I can't promise my updates will be regular, because I still have tiny ones who like screaming on top of their lungs and grab my attention every waking moment, but like I promised when I started this FF, I will complete it.

To all the readers who have patiently waited for it so far - I owe it to you and I promise I won't let you down.

To the readers who've joined in the last year when I was busy playing Houdini, welcome aboard - and thank you for all your comments. I will read and respond to each one individually, but for now - without further delay - here is the next Chapter of To Love or Not To Love

Chapter 30

It was a day of firsts for Arnav. He had for the first time left office early, visited his sister uninvited, tried to make small talk with his niece and had a heart to heart conversation with his brother in law. And now, at 10.30 at night, he was busy enjoying the beauty of Barakhamba Road in New Delhi. Yellowish orange leaves floated down from their branches making small wave patterns in mid air as they united with Mother Earth. The yellowish hue of street lights, the raven black of the skies and the grey of the passing clouds, made Arnav want to capture their essence onto something more tangible. He only didn't know what. Arnav wasn't a good photographer. And the only pictures he looked at were those of his catalogs and models. Come to think of it, Arnav had never paid any attention to the natural beauty of the city he lived in before tonight. Whenever he was on the road, he was either driving or busy scanning his Blackberry.

Arnav stopped at the next red signal. He paused to look at the pebbles that were strewn near the sidewalk. There were big ones and little ones, round ones and some that did not belong to any shape. There was a lot of dust on them. And yet somehow they still looked enchanting, as if they were where they were always meant to be.

The honking of a car behind him brought him out of his reverie. The light had turned green. It was time to move on. Arnav switched his gear to drive, gave a right indicator and turned his car into a fairly dimly lit street.

"What did Arnav tell you?" asked Anjali of Shyam for the nth time.

"Nothing, that I haven't already told you", told her husband, spectacles perched on his nose bridge, peering into a thick green file.

"Then why did you say he was in love?"

"That's what I felt"

"Felt what?"

Shyam put his file down and looked up at his wife who was pacing their bedroom as if she was awaiting the news of childbirth. He understood her anxiousness but he was exasperated with her line of questioning. He decided to end it once and for all. Taking his spectacles off, Shyam gestured to Anjali to come and sit in front of him. She obeyed.

"Why are you getting restless", he asked her gently.

"Why am I getting restless?" questioned Anjali, the tone of her voice rising with every word she spoke. "You just told me Chhote was in love and you expect me to be calm?

"Shyam, in case you have forgotten, Chhote doesn't believe in love. He doesn't believe in marriage."

"Hold on," stated Shyam. "When did I say anything about marriage?"

"You didn't, but you told me Chhote was in love."

Shyam closed his eyes and rubbed the tip of his nose bridge. Sure his wife was an extremely clever and capable woman, but she was still a woman. And women could always jump to conclusions. He had to end this once and for all, before the conversation continued in his household for the coming weeks.

"Anjali, listen to me very carefully," he began. "I told you Arnav was in love and that he didn't know about it himself. Which means, he didn't tell me anything like that.

"The reason I said something like that to you is so that you find out what is going on in Arnav's mind and help him realize what he really wants from life. Arnav is 34 and although he doesn't say it out loud, I'm sure his party days are over. He needs a steady arm that will stand by him through thick and thin, something like you and me."

That last comment almost made "The Dragon Lady" blush, something Shyam was very proud about.

"So what am I supposed to do now", she asked.

"Nothing. Just wait and watch."

The sight that greeted Arnav when he got home was that of Khushi Kumari Gupta sleeping on his doorstep. She was wearing the same baby pink salwar kameez that he had seen her in when she first moved into the apartment. Her back was supported but the wall near the door, her head by the dozen files that he recognized from work. Her legs were sprawled across his door, blocking his entry into his own house.

Arnav looked it at his watch. It showed 12.01am. Then he chuckled. Khushi didn't give up that easily. He liked that about her. Come to think of it, she had never given in, even when he was being his worst. That thought wrung a slight admiration from him. Arnav rarely admired women. He never gave them much thought. Except Anjali. But she was family. And Khushi, an outsider. Which reminded him that he was still standing outside his door and he intended to get in before dawn broke.

He crouched beside Khushi and gently nudged her shoulder. "Khushi", he called out softly. No response. "Khushi,"  he said, slightly louder. Still no response."Khushi," he screamed.

And suddenly Khushi woke up with a start. "Aman?"

Chapter 31: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/140267361

Edited by shrattila - 7 years ago
dawnkkay thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Welcome back . It's quite understandable when you have 2 tots you have no time to breathe let alone write. I am glad you are not giving up on the story. 

Doc-ere thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
So long I'm almost forgot about story still u update bt plz try to regular. 
Ilakkia.S thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi ... One year is really a long time.. But I'm glad that you have come back... I really need to catch up with previous chapters... I don't have good memory... Thanks a lot for pm... Take care of you and your babies... See you soon...
Archu61 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update. I hope you make Arnav learn to trust women through khushie ,and learn to respect them and their minds too 
aayt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Welcome back dear I'm very glad to see you finally updated n understand the reason behind this delay after all you are taking care 2 trouble makers 😆looking forward for more 
radhika007 thumbnail
welcome back awesome update
pravallika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Shruthi!! Couldn't wait to read the update..
Looks like you have planned the death of aman as soon as you came 😆
I don't know why but I felt that arnav is a bit peaceful in this chapter... and he had done too many firsts..
But I guess the last word of the chapter has taken away all his peace 😆 ye kushi bhi naa...
I love Shyam in this story... wise man... I think only he knows how to handle this anjali...
Now can't wait to see arnav's reaction...
Take your time dear.. will wait..
Thanks for the pm 😊

tanu_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Loved it ... welcome back dear...
I understand ur position ...thnx 4 continuing it ...
Will be waiting for more updates...