Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: RitikaGarg8

NOOO! 

Massive Cliffhanger!! I hope Rudra is alright... 
Rudra better be alright! 

Great Update and Thanks for the PM! :)

You will find out soon. Posting the next part.
Thank you 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhavimanish32

I hope Rudra is alright.

He is okay 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 69

A few months later...

A BSD Jeep pulled up in front of a busy community center. "Let me help you with that," said a young man opening the rear. He pulled out a few boxes stumbling a bit. "Careful Shantanu!" the officer says supporting him lightly. He smiled back. They walked in with silence.
"Jeejosa? Did Paro make these sweets or is she still relaxing in bed like a queen?" The Birpur brides laughed seeing the sweets that came with the gifts. They passed the boxes around. "No, Kakisa is still not letting her in the kitchen," Rudra admitted. They teased saying that she delivered the Prince of Chandangard so she will relax for the rest of her life.
"Oh please, you don't know my mother-in-law. She will start pressurizing for the next baby in a few months," said Shatabdi coming to the main hall where everyone had gathered. Her mother coming behind slapped her back gently for her audacity. "I'm serious. She told Jeeja to adopt a boy, someone who will grow along with the Dhruv. She has gone baby crazy," she replied.
"Jeeja, then she should ask you first. Anyway you are glowing more than a Kaaki usually does," the jovial girls teased. She turned red and looked about for a new topic. Her eyes fell on her brother-in-law. "Paro said she is sending a special surprise, didn't she?" she asked. He nodded a pulled out a CD from one of the boxes and slightly nodded to Shantanu.
Shantanu rushed to a room inside, "Maasa, you should come to the hall. Everyone is waiting for you." Mala Tejawat smiled fondly. Things had changed so much since this boy entered her life. She still remembered the day Rudra had brought him to her cottage.
"Shantanu is Varun's brother. He had a few questions. I hope you will be able to answer all of them honestly," he said leaving as abruptly as he came. She opened up to the stranger just like her son instructed. And when she did, the words didn't stop. Her own negligence and Thakursa's arrogance hurt as they rehashed the past. He had gone without a word. She had found out through Thakursa later what had happened between Rudra, Paro and this young man.
He had advised her to bring him home. If Rudra Pratap Ranavat and his wife can rehabilitate so many girls, they should be able to open their hearts and home to one young man who was lost. And she did. She requested him to stay with her rather than a stuffy warehouse.
Mrs. Geethanjali Singh was a big help in this. She had shown the way for all of them to move on from the desert massacre. She reintroduced her to the Birpur brides and she joined their little community. It was so overwhelming to see how many lives she had helped destroy. It was such a blessing to help all those that remained restart their lives.
These girls didn't have Paro's luck but they never begrudged her happiness. They all knew that she was the reason why Rudra rescued them, why Geethanjali memsaab took them in. While the BSD was a thousand times better than what they were raised to think, nobody would deny that Mrs. Ranavat was the one whose heart guided them all to greatness.
"I saw the BSD Jeep. Rudra is here," she told Shantanu coming back to the present. He asked her to join the others in the hall. She refused, Rudra wouldn't want her there. He shrugged his shoulder. "I kidnapped his wife and almost shot him. He still brought Diwali sweets for me. He wants you there," he said wisely. Mala shook her head. He didn't understand. By treating him as another son, she was betraying Rudra again. She couldn't connect with Dilsher, she lost her heart to Thakursa. Now she had formed a bond with another little boy rather than reconnect with her son.
"Maasa, you still don't see it, do you? He isn't your son anymore. He isn't even Dilsherji's son to be honest. There are only two roles he plays. One of a brave BSD officer who will go over and beyond the call of duty and another of the devoted husband who sees the world through his wife's eyes. Whatever she feels, his heart follows. The people she loves, he does. The people she respects, he does too. And she is proud of the person you have become in these last few months. You are now the Thakurainsa she always knew you were capable of. And he sees it too," Shantanu explained.
She smiled at the wise words from a man she had begun to adore. "His opinion of me is changing, I know. But he still hates me and wouldn't want me to be a part of his life," she complained. He shook his head vehemently, "He will never hate someone Paro bhabhisa respects. As long as you don't expect him to be the little boy who used to run around you, it will be fine. Now come bhabhisa has sent a surprise, I want us both to see it together," he said pulling her hand gently. It warmed her maternal heart to see one boy at least demanding her attention.
Rudra pressed the play button and Paro's face was the first visual on screen. "Khamma ghani! I'm sorry I can't come directly and meet you. I want you to know that I loved the clothes and blankets you made for my Dhruv. It makes his day comfortable and his nights so warm." She paused running her hand across the clothes on her lap before adding them to a pile on the bed. Her audience was pleased at her response to their efforts.
"I wanted to share another great joy with you, something for all of us to celebrate. Rudra?" her eager smile prompted. He nodded to the screen and took out the topmost box of sweets. He walked to the back of the room where Mala and Shantanu were standing. "The right to celebrate this belongs to our two teachers, Thakurainsa who took over our learning when we didn't want to go to school and Shantanu bhaisa who brought a whole world of knowledge to our NGO."
They all nodded gratefully before the box was passed around. On the screen Paro glided to the desk where Rudra's laptop was open. One of the girls exclaimed in surprise, Paro had learnt even to operate laptop like a big city girl. Anticipating their reaction Paro replied with a slight blush, "I wanted to see my results myself. So I asked Deepa bhabhisa to teach me how to use the Internet."
They all watched with batted breathe as she typed something and paused to stare at the screen. They all saw her burst into tears and the screen switch off. All eyes were on Rudra, "She did very well. It's just that she is very emotional after the delivery. Even small things ends up in tears." Geethanjali frowned. She made a mental note to talk to her little girl about this.
"What happened to our results, Jeejosa? Did Paro get to see them?" they asked. Geethanjali replied that she had their marks list in her office and that she is very proud of all of them. They all rushed out to see for themselves. Shantanu approached Rudra, "You must be very happy." He didn't need an answer. The glow on the major's face and the pride in his eyes told how light his heart felt.
"What happens next?" he asked wife's tutor. She has a brilliant mind along with a benevolent heart. She could study further. If full-time college isn't feasible, she could apply to a long distance educational program. He nodded, "I will talk to her about it. Don't be a stranger." They shook hands warmly.
Once Shantanu left, the estranged mother and son stood in front each other in silence. Mala wanted to leave but her feet wouldn't move. She tried to understand what was going on in his mind but couldn't decipher. The eyes which only she could read long ago spoke a different language.
Once the mere mention of her name brought back painful memories, he thought to himself. Now they seemed like a different life all together. Mala's son who yearned for her was no more. Paro's husband smiled, "Are you doing well? Geethanjali ma'am told me you had started working here. It's good. These women need all the support they can get since their families turned them away."
She took a deep breath trying to regain her composure. "I tried to reach out to them. But they didn't even want to listen to what I had to say," she said disappointed that her words longer had any value in Birpur. He understood what she meant. His Paro faced the same problem. She noted that Paro wasn't never just Paro, she was always his Paro. "They seem happy here. Happy to make something of their lives," he pointed out.
"But that isn't enough for a person. At the end of the day, everyone want to go home to their loved ones. You need someone to be proud of you not matter how big or small your achievement is," she said thinking only Paro had managed to live fully. He misunderstood her and answered that Tejawat was on his best behavior increasing his chance of an early release. "And I will wait for him to return just like you are waiting to see your Paro again," she told the young man glancing at his watch.
A slight blush tinted his stumbled cheeks. "Rudra! Wait," came a soft voice saving him from a reply. Mrs. Sisodia walked up to them holding Shatabdi's hand. She asked if he was heading home. He nodded. "Good Shatabdi will go with you. She has something important to discuss with the family," she said. As they got into the car what the matter was. "Just drive, I don't feel like talking," she said looking a little anxious.
When they got home, they saw Mohini arguing with her brother-in-law, "Bhaisa, how many pictures do you want with the children. We are grandparents too." She pulled Shanti to her husband's side and carried baby Dhruv. Dilsher asked Sumer if he took nice pictures. "Yes, Thausa. I will get one of them framed for you too. You can hang it in your room," he replied.
"I don't know when they will stop squabbling," Samrat said appearing with his wife. Especially with the next generation ready to take their place Maithili added agreeing with him. "And next Diwali there will be another little one to fight over," Shatabdi told her husband walking up to his side. The other three exchanged looks as Sumer's face was filled with confusion. "Bhabhisa is talking about you and Rudra arguing all the time. You two are just as bad as them ," he said. She was annoyed that he didn't get the hint. "Just come with me," she said pulling him away.
Mohini turned red with anger seeing her son dragged away in such a manner. The woman was just too dominating. "I will take the pictures Maasa. Shatabdi needed to talk to Sumer. Rudra, why don't you go check if Paro is ready. Maithili please check on Sunheri. The guests will be coming soon," Samrat said taking charge. Always an ass, muttered Rudra as he crossed Sumer getting beaten behind a pillar on his way to his room.
He paused near the fountain briefly taking in his wife's decoration. He knew she was involved because she had behind Kakisa for days to help out with some of the preparations. His aunt had finally relented on condition that the workers do the heavy lifting. There were blue painted lamps on every surface and the roof was filled with blue twinkling lights.
He smiled when remembered the day he painted the entire haveli in hues of blue, his favorite color. It was the first time he saw Paro as a woman and not just his witness. And today she was so much more his dearest friend, his strongest support, his greatest pride, the queen of his heart, the ruler of his soul and the mother of his child.
As he got crossed the fountain, he smiled seeing the extra attention paid to their spot. All Paro's roses were brought in for the day along with Shanti's old cradle. This was to be Paro's spot when the noise got too loud outside.
He pushed the door open and stepped in. His lovely wife was dressed in a pink lehenga matched with a blue choli. There was a pink rose on the bed for him to fix on his solid blue sherwani
"Don't!" he shouted taking her comb from her fingers. He didn't want her to braid it today. "What are doing?" she asked as he brushed her tresses. He shrugged his shoulders. He was just trying to help her get ready. "No, you are stalling so that we don't have to go out soon. But we can't anymore. We are parents now and can't dilly dally anymore," she said opening her jewelry box. A sapphire necklace glittered as she picked it up.
He took it from her and pushed her luscious mane out of the way. He smiled when he saw the goosebumps on her skin where his fingers touched. They obviously could and should do more if this was still her reaction to his touch. She shivered as he kissed each ear lobe before fastening it on her delicate ears. "Rudra," she moaned leaning backwards.
He turned around and she got up. He wrapped his arms around her. "It's not as thin as it used to be," she complained about her increased waistline. He didn't mind. Her physical beauty always paled in front of her indomitable spirit. She blushed. She didn't feel so bold without him by her side. "It's good thing I'm always with you then," he said pulling her close. "Bhabhisa!" they heard Sunheri shout. He frowned. There was some interruption or the other in this haveli.
Paro quickly wore her bangles and rushed out with her husband. Her face broke out into the biggest smile when she saw that their guests had arrived.  Maasiji and Maasaji were fighting over who will carry the baby first. Aman was taking selfies with Kakisa who was just not ready to share baby Dhruv yet. His gritty commander and his plucky second in command were disarmed so ridiculously his new born son.
The arrival of the Sisodia clan added to the merriment. Sumer and Shatabdi had whispered to her about the life blossoming in her for the past few weeks. But Mohini couldn't say anything till the 3 month milestone. But she knew that the other grandmother to be would be in on the secret and they could celebrate together.
Rudra watched his father laugh as Sumer and Aman tried to help Shanti light up the flower pots. The delight in his eyes reminded him of the boisterous man who used to hold odd contests long ago among the three boys while Sunheri bounced on his lap. There was no trace of the man Mala Tejawat had broken. His father was reliving the good parts of his own childhood.
"Thank you," he said to his wife who was walking about distributing sherbet to the guests. He remembered carrying her into this haveli out of desperation. The mission was to keep her alive. But he never knew she would be the one to bring him back to life. The son, the brother he was restored by her gentle handling. The husband and friend he became a product of her patient support. 
Paro glided across the hall with a smile on her face and spring in her step. She paused at the mandir and thought of her old conversation with her favorite deity. Her heart had desired a simple home and a small family to call her home. Instead she had been blessed with a haveli larger than she could imagine with a dozen faces smiling at her everywhere she looked.
Having spent most of her life with just Mamisa and Nandu Jeeja by her side, it was overwhelming to have a father, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters of her very own. She smiled at her husband reaching out the cradle where their baby lay. He was watching over him with the same keen glance that marked her as his own.
He felt her eyes on him and straighten up. He waited for her to approach him patiently. "I think some of my gifts are missing," she complained with a faked frown. He replied that her sister's gifts were still in BSD headquarters. He would have ordered his men to check them but decided to let them go celebrate the festival too. They were family too.
"Good. I am not going anywhere for them to hurry. But that's what I am talking about," she hinted. He tenderly held her cheeks. She looked around furtively checking if anyone was watching. "I do my best to make every occasion special for you. But this Diwali I can't top the gift you have given me," he admitted holding his infant son's finger. Tears welled up in her eyes. She knew he meant. Nothing was more precious than the life they created together.
"You made her cry again," came a stern paternal voice. Danveer and his wife laughed in unison. Some things would never change. Dilsher would always pick his daughter over his son. Their glance moved to their own daughter who was lighting flower pots. Mohini prayed will all her heart that her life will always be filled with the joy that reverberated through the house.
Danveer's glance met his younger son's. His face was brighter than the rotating chakras on the floor. He didn't have the half the devotion he had for his own brother. But there was affection in the eyes that beckoned the other two with rockets in hand.
Dilsher watched as his three daughters-in-law gathered to watch as their husbands set off rockets from the terraces. Three women from three different worlds had come to turn this haveli into home. Just like his mother that predicted, this home was built on the bond between sisters.
As the Maithili and Shatabdi looked up at the brightly lit up sky, Paro watched her husband, her in the night sky. "Don't you like it, Paro? Sumer said they used to do this as kids for Sunheri and now he wants the same experience for Shanti" Shatabdi told the other two. But her friend wasn't listening. "Dhruv is so lucky that his Maasi and Kaaki are always around him. His mother forgets the world when his father is close," Maithili teased as the three men descended downstairs. "Jeeja.." She whined before rushing to pick her wailing son.
Rudra had followed her to their room. "He just needs a change," she said placing him on the bed. He quickly got the baby wipes and a clean diaper. He watched her relieve their son of his soiled garments. She rushed to the bathroom to wash up. Dhruv hands reached out. He knelt down to cover it with his own.
"I think he wants you to carry him," suggested Paro. He stepped back swiftly. "It's a baby Rudra not a bom..." she almost teased then remembered he would probably less scared of weapons of mass destruction. When she looked into his eyes apologetically, she realised he wanted to carry Dhruv but didn't know how. That's why he kept hovering around. "Babies just need gentleness. You know how you hold my wrist," she asked. He nodded in answer to the odd question. "You just have to do the opposite. Hold your hand like this, I will show you," she said adjusting his arms.
As she placed the baby in his arms, he felt the earth shift its axis. "Feels amazing doesn't it? Look he likes it too," she cooed imagining a smile on the tiny face. And how did she feel he whispered. "Like all the stars in the sky have come down for me. Me, my king and my little price," she said wrapping her arms around them both.

And that RRians is how the story ends, the story of Paro and her Rangrasiya who promised her togetherness forever and delivered.
Thank you for sticking with me till the end. I hope you found the same pleasure reading this as I did writing this.

smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It's over.can't, won't  accept it. This story was so practical  would have liked to see something like this in the show.
Thank you for giving us such a beautiful story.
pavinitishiv thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you. Beautiful story. I did not realize that you intended to finish the story sooo sooonnn. Anyway happy ending. Continue writing on Parud. Miss them sssooo much. We relive them with your writing. Thanks and looking forward to more stories from you on Parud.
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
And the story ends. Lovely ending. Everything neatly tied up with a bow. Like the way Shantanu and mala form a bond. It's true that Rudra can't become her little boy again he has changed. But Shantanu will be able to fill the gap. 
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rithu πŸ€— How are you πŸ˜Š
I am sorry for being so late here , real life has gotten very hectic ..
Read all the updates that I missed and I really loved all of them πŸ˜Š

Amazing ending to this very amazing story πŸ‘ Thank you so much😊😊 for writing this alternate version of PaRud story - one that I wished was shown onscreen but alas ! 

Are you writing for any other show / couple ? If so , I would be interested to read those too .. πŸ˜Š
pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Rithu πŸ˜Š 
Sorry for coming here late.. Read the last chapter again now,
Having busy days..so I takeout time on weekend to come here.
You gave a very sweet and happy end to this storyπŸ˜ƒ . All the 
Characters finding their place, having strong bond between them.
Paro and even all the birpur girls getting education, motivation to 
Succeed in life and become somebodyπŸ‘πŸΌ . so allz well in the end
with this Big happy Ranawat family. 

I enjoy reading your story.. And i really like the pics you put in
Between for our imagination πŸ˜› . Hope you soon come up with another
Beautiful story on Parud.. Would love to read more from you. 

xx
Edited by pree_28 - 7 years ago