Memories - TWINJ FF new part Page 52! - Page 31

Posted: 7 years ago

Hey people.. some personal issues had come up sorry..

thanks for the wonderful comments

Part 16

I looked in the mirror.. and a broken aching soul looked back.. I had been trying to get ready...but had no energy or motivation to.. I looked at the clock and it was nearly time..

Did it even matter? Would these meet ups fix anything?

...a part of my soul longed for his presence.. the other part feared it..

I remembered the old days... the very old days.. when I would jump around in excitement and how much I looked forward to each meet up... and now...I don't know...

At some point I would have given anything and everything to be with him and today even though... I wanted to give that second chance ... how much was I willing to give in ?

Do people really change? Will I be treated differently ? I looked at his texts...I wondered...

Do they reflect his change...?

His face.. lingered again..his guilt ridden face...the way his face reflected pain..the way it never had...never in those 5 long years and that's what pinched my soul...Because it was not just his face.. I could see his soul...

And I knew it was in pain 

My phone buzzed...

"I am downstairs...are you coming?"

Not ready to go ...neither ready to call him up..

I stared at myself in the mirror and said

"Second chance"

And my brain said

"But"

I looked at myself for another long minute..

"not repeating history..."

A voice in my head whispered in a firm voice

A weak smile ...flickered for a second..and with a last look I left.

He was standing outside...waiting...

Before I noticed his lit eyes ... I noticed something else.. something so minor ..that if someone knew...they would simply laugh at me..

He was standing waiting...standing...not like those million times...when he had simply sat in his car parked or roaming around and I would walk to it...

Yes it was a small thing..but to me big things never mattered...and never would...

A person's identity is how they care about the smallest of the things..and the big things automatically settled in..

I had always gone an extra mile ... in fact more than that.. but no one had ever done..

I shut my thoughts again..he was just waiting..get a grip of yourself.. the same voice spoke again...

His face had broken into a smile...and as much as I wished to return it... the voice suggested not to..

So a weak smile...flickered again on my face...

He motioned towards the car.. and somewhere I wished that he didn't open the door open for me...

And my heart sank...he did...the firm voice returned...asking to stay strong

I sat inside...and then he sat on the driver's seat..

And my heartbeats increased...as a tiny tear trickled my face which I immediately wiped.. the tear that represented the war of me against myself...

He spoke

"Where do want to go?"

"Surprise me" the firm voice spoke out loud...

He didn't look surprised as if...as if he was expecting this..

"Sure"

"Can we have some music on?" the firm voice continued... as my soul angrily tried to shut it...

"yeah sure..."

His face was unreadable and his voice expressed no emotions

" By the way we have a meeting tomorrow .. hope you have prepared for it..my manager is going to be hard on you..he messaged me this morning"

I don't know why I said that...I sounded so mechanical ..so authoritative... wasn't this just a friendly meet up why was I bringing up business..

He just gave me a smile and continued driving

"I don't like this song"

My soul screamed - liar you love it ...

"Aankhon mein tum ko bharun
Bin bole baatein tumse karun
Agar tum saath ho..
Agar tum saath ho"

He changed the channel...without uttering a word...

I wondered why was I behaving this way...

The firm voice angrily said to me " oh so you are giving a second chance and u want to be a softy too.. awesome"

As we stopped at a signal...

"By the way this is yours .. I wanted to return it"

It was a neatly folded sachet..the farewell sachet...he still had it ? My firm voice silenced ...for the moment..and my throat went dry...

Because...I had given him this ...that means...he got the poem too ? No... I must have dropped it..

It has been more than 5 years... you think he would have had that...but if he had this...then

Confused... I took it...

"thanks"

He smiled again...his smile... the smile that brightened my days...and I felt lighter...as if peace was falling over me...

It felt like I had woken after a long bad dream...and there sat the guy...who could make me smile no matter what...

We stopped in front of a Chinese restaurant...

No...it wasn't my favourite...nor was his ...but maybe his choices changed...

He must think I expected him to take us to my fav cuisine...and as I looked at the board..he spoke

"I have heard the food is good here"

I tried not to look disappointed...

But he caught that

U said " Surprise me" and all disappointment disappeared.. but did he know my favorite kind of food or had he forgotten

"Maybe next time we can go to Mughlai what say?"

And he smiled...and well this poor soul of mine melted...

He knew...

The firm voice revolted again...I asked it to be calm...

But it started saying things I didn't want to hear

" is it so easy?? Really ? and stop having those restricted emotions.. I am asking you to consider before giving a second chance to friendship but your heart is beating to all together a different rhythm?"

"No" I weakly whispered...and it continued "you can't fall in love again"

And my soul said weakly...again?..when did it even end..."

And all hell broke loose...

I stared at her...as she walked down...I wanted to give her a flower but thinking it was too much I gave it to an old lady before texting her to come down...

She looked beautiful and yet I could read her pain... I could see her aching soul...

As we walked towards the car ...I held open the door... and no memory of me doing this before passed me by...and a pang of guilt again hit me...and I noticed a tear fall from her eyes.. and the guilt hit me more...because..it was not just me who had realised this...

I wondered how I could feel so much ...

I sat in the car and as I started driving I was wondering what to say when she said in an odd tone about the meeting tomorrow..It was funny for a sec ..and that it was painful...what once use to be a drive filled with chats...of every and anything  in the world was left with small talks...and that too nothing felt natural about them

I questioned her about the restaurant we should go and her reply surprised me..I thought she would suggest any mughlai restaurant...her fav one...instead challenged me to surprise her..and well I intended to stay by her word...

I did want to change things and I remembered her sachet..I had thought of keeping it but then if I give her back...she would know I had not gotten rid of her memories...and maybe...we could begin a more meaningful conversation..

But as soon as I gave it to her...she fell silent... as if she went into her sea of thoughts...

As we stopped in front of the Chinese restaurant her expression was both surprised and angry...I knew she would think I that I had forgotten her fav cuisine... and as I mentioned that..she fell silent again.. as if she had suddenly lost a battle with herself...

She stood rooted to the spot and I looked at her..she looked liked someone who had constantly fought with themselves.. someone who wanted to be strong and yet was the softest person on earth.. someone who wanted to be with me and yet was battling to be away from me..

Did i really want her like that? Was I forcing too much on her??

The thought made me sick...haven't I created enough havoc in her life to create more.. yes I loved her but wasn't I supposed to be taking her pain away instead of increasing it..?

Just look at her my heart said.. all I wanted to do was take her in my arms...and take her pain away.. but sadly I was the pain...and something inside me broke more...knowing that I might never be able to fix this

As the lunch went by .. we hardly talked... at least at the cafe we had talked about old times...but we had run out of topics...this silence was weird..very weird...he looked more serious than before...I wondered what made him this way...what made him come back..what made him want to fix this.. my friendship mattered soo much to him but something so broken can be fixed?

Sometimes the people who break you can never fix you ... and yet some parts of my soul had started to feel at peace ...somehow his sight relaxed my eyes...somehow his voice gave a hope...somewhere...I was getting fixed... or was it too early to say that?

As our awkward lunch came to an end...I wondered...will there be another one ? will we be able to go on... my soul waited eagerly for my answer..

The firm voice remained silent...

The battle was paused ...

" So how is Sarika?"

I asked out of curiosity and immediately realised it was the wrong question..because the answer would not just hurt him but myself..too.. Because the memories would gush in...

But before they could..

"we broke up... long back.."

I stared...

My firm voice whispered... "so it was all a waste"

Unfortunately he heard me  and he knew what exactly I meant...

It meant my sacrifices were a waste...it meant he still believed her after they broke up...it meant he could have come back before...

I had assumed that sarika would have told the truth...by now...as she would have come to know that I am working with him.. somehow I had automatically assumed that he was still in a relationship with her

It meant he was here not because of sarika...

Please like and comment

Thanks for staying on

Cheers

griffy

Edited by griffy.fz - 7 years ago
Originally posted by Black_Maniac

Somehow, this chapter emotionally touched me a lot more than any of the others have...
It takes a lot for me to not cry right now, I know I sound stupid, but hell yeah, I am an emotional jerk! But honestly there are only a small number of stories that have the power to make me feel so much! Griffy this one is a part of those stories.

Only yesterday I wrote gow angry I had been on Kunj for what he had done, how he had behaved...
Ever heard "Realizing the mistake is a greater thing" 
This part just turned everything around. Kunj's initial thoughts made me think, well he realizes he lost something more than he could imagine at that time. So I was like okay, great.Then came those lines where he accepted how deeply he understood what had happened. The next lines were magic <3

How he started collecting each of those memories where he hurt Twinkle. When he openly accepted that he had hurt her beyond repair. Him wondering if she woild even bother to pick up the call, owning up to his mistakes, accepting that Twinkle put in a lot more than him to protect their bond.
His determination to win his FRIEND back, ready to face rejections was admirable.. Okay I know I am sounding like some two-faced person but come'on in the end Kunj Sarna is bae ❀️ πŸ˜†

But you know the limelight of the update don't you...
The lines I love her were great... What followed was amazing..
The smile he could see on his face in the mirror, was enough for me to break into a grin :D

The later part connected back to the earlier update and well, that made me smile more than my face can :P

Now I think it's time to start fangirling over them :D
When Kunj felt that she had been crying because of him, where he felt he had been the utter cause of her pain (which was like 99.98% true *rolls eyes*) I melted :D 
His excitement when she said yes was so adorable :*

"Thank you for giving me a second chance" means a lot more now...
I can't wait for butterfly gardens πŸ˜†

Thank you for this beautiful update Griffy. Can't hide mt excitement duh! P.S. I might not be there for like 3 weeks but don't you dare think that I dropped the story... That's like next to impossible. I have my semesters and gotta work hard... I hope to get some butterflied chapters till then :D

Love,
Krishi ❀️

somehow your comment is the one that encourages me to write more.. to go to that part of my mind to hunt the story down.. to piece it together in the best way I can so again I can see such a beautiful comment that gives peace to the writer in me..that someone is getting exactly what I mean

this comment of yrs left me speechless and also thinking

as to how powerful words are .. how they can evoke emotions we know not off and most importanty how sometimes just sometimes u come across some who read it word by word in the emotion that was meant to be

I disappeared myslf dear... sorry for dragging this story
But I am writing something that heals slowly.. not a quick fix.. so it takes so much out of me
I am glad u r here and so are others...
I owe you guys...
hats off to the patience

how you return every time to bless my story with a wonderful comment

thanks dear

Originally posted by Black_Maniac

I realised I have given an extra long comment :D

just the way i like itπŸ˜›
Originally posted by J.arora

I haven't ever commented before on your ff ...I am actually new here so..I read ur ff...I don't know how to describe it...it seems so real...I mean any1 would be attracted to it...u picked the storyline that maybe most of us face...when we care truly for a person and that person does not pay heed to our care , attention how it feels..U described the emotions amazingly. ..It really touched my heart..looking forward to read this and ur other story too..😳...😊

awwwπŸ€— plzzz continue reading commenting... it really pushes me to write 

i am sooo soo glad that this story touched the right chords

thanks sooo muchh dear

I am so glad to read this comment

much love

griffy
Originally posted by piu22

Beautifully written...
Wonderful episode...
Waiting for the next.. Plz update soon

hope u like the next one too

thanks sooo much😳😳
Originally posted by sbsmartness4

Lovely update can't wait for more!!

updated πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by adi_FMT_ct

Farah
I can remember the card which was given by Twinkle to Kunj.
Twinkle's heart was drawn in there.
Its sooo beautiful.
Sooo All Flashbacks...
And their thinking...
Lovely.
Farah I really prefer the conversation with own which is not frequent in writings.
Simply Great.πŸ‘
Next Update please.😊

Thanks sooo much dear😳😳

u r the sweetest aditi .. I am glad to know that u have stayed on..Thanks soo much for that

i am glad u liked it yaar

i hope u read the next update too
Originally posted by adventure_gurl

love it, miss Sidmin as Twinj

same here

thanks dear
Griffy thanxxx for always sending me a pm for the updates of your chappy's 
This chappy reminds me of d betrays i have suffered in my life.  But some betrays are so hard to forget...
I can feel.the pain of twinkle...
Good going grifzz... waiting forward for the next chappu