Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

IPKKND FF: KHUSHI by JALEBI JANE Thread 1: EPISODE 001-052 - Page 31

sunitikapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Another exciting and interesting episode...Khushi is so innocent and Arnav is aware of it. Wonderful, she admitted his request...right now she is listening to her heart. I believe Khushi knows one thing to love Arnav unconditionally.
On the other hand Arnav is surprised and shocked to hear her answer to his question.  Very considerate ASR, he realised Khushi's hesitation and ask her to sleep.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amus5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you know its perfectly understandable the underlying desire betweent the two.It was always there even in the show - so the way you have handled it here is very much in line with the true nature of the characters but what struck me is this particular statement which is very much KKG and does ASR truly understand this???? to me this statement holds more meaning than one could fathom
"From now on, you will not speak to me or touch me like a husband if you are only doing it to show the family. It confuses me."
Reveur thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
How a man of few words can always be hitting in whatever he chooses to say!
Only a man of few words could be hitting in all that he does choose to say.

Anav teaches us a lot.
pakpearl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: JalebiJane

pakpearl wrote:

It's just a beautiful story..
the very title "Khushi" makes me super happy ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜›ðŸ˜ƒ
A more Complicated ASR..
a more lovable,fiesty n not too naive Khushi ..
A better situation with more challenges n surprises..

I just read all the 8 parts..
AWESOME is the word I wanna utter..

Pls post here The Holi OS here..
I've not read it yet..

Thank you for your kind words.

You have read OS Holi----because they became EPISODE 1 & EPISODE 2 of -Khushi-. ðŸ˜‰

okkk ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜›ðŸ˜ƒ
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
"I Desire you"

How different it is than even "I like you".

Arnav saying it did not surprise me but Khushi saying it totally blew me away.

Never imagined this turn of events in their life. Eager to know where this is heading.

Atleast he decided to give her some time before taking it further.

Nice update Maya.
JalebiJane thumbnail

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane EPISODE 010 

WHEN KHUSHI'S EYES RELUCTANTLY parted to the morning sun, the first thing she saw was Arnav's face, deep in slumber. With her eyes she traced his dark brows. She couldn't help smile at his feathery eyelashes. Eyelashes every girl would covet! How unlike a Laad Governor he is when asleep. The frown was gone. Even his mouth appeared softer. His lips full. The memory of his kiss filled her chest with warmth.

The warmth travelled further down her belly when she recollected how she had removed her saree at his request. She sat up in bed.

You're shameless, Khushi!

But she had not felt so at the time. Yes, she had been terrified----but also strangely powerful. She had noted how his eyes had darkened when the saree finally dropped to the floor, and the way those same eyes had roamed over her form. Khushi hugged her knees. It was immodest to think this, but she wished she had been bolder last night. Even when she had backed away from him, she had longed for him to make further requests of her. Take this off. Take that off. Come here.

In all the time that she had known Arnav Singh Raizada, she had never enjoyed the advantage of being in the position where he wanted something from her. It was heady stuff. Arnav desires me. She gave the man in question a quick glance, and lifted herself out of bed. She was careful so as to not disturb him. Despite all her brazen thoughts and audacious yearnings, she knew that if he woke and reached for her now, she would shriek and promptly faint. We know Khushi's proclivity for fainting spells, Sisters.

And Khushi practically did almost shriek when she heard the sound of the prayer bell chimes. I've missed aarti again! Twice this week! What will everyone think of me? That I've become godless like my husband. She dashed into the bathroom.

KHUSHI WAS BUSY SERVING TEA to the others when Arnav came down for breakfast. She moved away from the table just as he approached his chair. They collided. He put a hand out to prevent her from stumbling back, and she caught it just in time.

A collective gasp rose from the table. And then a collective sigh of relief, when Arnav caught both his wife and the teapot before they crashed to the floor.

Khushi straightened and gave him a look which he interpreted as a half-apology-half-scolding. She returned to the kitchen----but not before he noticed that she had forgotten to apply sindoor. He started to follow her into the kitchen, but was prevented by the ring of his telephone. It was a call he had been expecting. He stepped away from the dining area.

When he returned, Khushi was pouring his coffee for him. He tried to catch her eye, but failed. So he took his seat, and when Khushi finally sat down next to him, he leaned towards her to tell her about the sindoor. But before his first word was out, Nani spoke.

"Khushi Bitya, you've not applied sindoor!" Nani's voice was agitated. She gave Khushi a sharp look.

Arnav looked at his wife. Her eyes filled with something short of horror. She instantly popped out of the chair. Mami gasped dramatically and everyone at the table trained their eyes on Khushi's maang.

To Arnav's exasperation, Khushi moved behind him so he could not see her. But he could feel her hands clutching the back of his chair. He read the situation and decided that if he stood and spoke for Khushi it would turn the small lapse into an issue. It was best to allow Khushi to manage it.

"I didn't----" she began, but her voice faded away as Nani spoke again.

"----This sort of carelessness is unacceptable."

Nani's words cut into him. He could imagine what Khushi was feeling. It was a double blow to the girl who hated to displease her elders and for whom all these symbols and customs mattered so.

Mami----who was not one to miss an opportunity!----added a sharp rebuke of her own.

However, Anjali attempted to soften the situation. "It happens, Bhabhi----you are newly married and not accustomed to----"

"It is not the case of being accustomed or not," Nani continued. "No woman forgets that moment when her husband applies sindoor to her maang the first time..."

A vivid image of him applying sindoor to Khushi flashed into his mind. The image shamed him.

Nani was not finished, "...and every morning, a woman renews that pledge and bond by applying it."

Arnav decided he could sit no longer. As he lifted from his chair, Khushi had already circled the table with a mumbled, "excuse me" and rushed towards the stairs. All eyes followed her.

He placed a hand on Nani's arm and spoke, "Nani, it was an oversight."

"I know, Chotte" she said, her jaw set in the Raizada way. "I also know Khushi values tradition as much as I do, but it is my place to make it clear that it should not happen again."

Arnav promised, "it won't."

KHUSHI DID NOT RETURN to the breakfast table. After a few minutes he followed her upstairs. She was seated on the recliner. When he entered, she came to her feet. He could see that she had been crying. He approached, and said, lifting an eyebrow, "so this is your new scheme to get out of our marriage----forgetting sindoor and turning yourself into a widow?"

She gasped and instantly clapped her hand over his mouth.

He pried her hand away and said, "you won't get rid of me so easily, Khushi. You know I wouldn't give you the satisfaction." He saw a smile break her lips. "Now apply the sindoor and we'll go see Nani before I head to the office," he instructed and bent to place some files in his briefcase. When he straightened, he noticed Khushi had not moved. He frowned.

She explained, "I don't have any sindoor." She clasped and unclasped her hands as she did when embarrassed or self-conscious.

"Then how do you----?"

"----I pinch some from the pooja thali every morning. But, today----today I woke up late, missed aarti, got busy with preparing breakfast..." her voice trailed off.

"Unbelievable!"

"Kya unbelievable!?" she upbraided him in return. "Unlike Jiji, I didn't come to this house with a carefully packed case filled with a bride's essentials."

ARNAV RETURNED TO THEIR ROOM within a minute. "Did anyone see you?" she asked, anxiously.

Arnav shook his head.

She stretched out her hand to receive the vermillion pinched between his fingers.

He ignored her hand and stepped closer.

She instinctively took a step backwards.

"Khushi, come here." His voice would brook no disobedience.

She did as he demanded.

"Look at me," was his next command.

Again, Khushi complied. She knew what he was going to do----but she didn't know if she could bear it. Nor did she want to stop him. She swallowed against all the emotions that flooded her heart. Only one thing was clear: she wanted to belong to his man. This is your sindoor, Mr Raizada. Make me yours.

He applied the sindoor deep into her maang, his eyes never leaving hers. "Don't ever leave this room without it again," he stated.

Her eyes shut briefly. The moment was marked. This time properly. She was his.

They walked downstairs to Nani's room. Nani had been expecting Khushi. But she was surprised, Sisters, to see her grandson with her.

Khushi immediately stepped forward and touched her feet. "I'm sorry for my carelessness, Naniji. I'm sorry for making you angry with me----once again," she said, her eyes brightening with tears.

Nani's eyes also filled with tears. "Yes, I was angry. It's because I have the highest expectations of you." She looked at Arnav, who remained silent at the door. Then taking Khushi's chin between her two fingers, she said, "you see, you are my dream for Chotte. And you are my hope for this family's future. That is why I'll be especially hard on you. Do you understand? Remember. The highest standards."

Khushi nodded, but in her mind, she wanted to scream in protest. Tears which she had managed to suspend so far now flowed freely down her cheeks. She couldn't shoulder the responsibility. But what could she say to Nani? I have only six months?

When she turned around, Arnav had already left the room.

Khushi spent the rest of the morning with Nani and Lakshmi, tidying up some long-neglected cupboards. She eventually excused herself to go and help Payal with lunch. But as she was crossing the foyer, the front doorbell rang. It was a messenger from the ARGroup offices. This occurred every few days. She accepted the package, knowing it was probably a saree or some jewellery from Arnav.

She was correct. It was a beautiful flesh-toned chiffon saree with a narrow border of green leaves.  She was delighted with it. A note attached read: Be ready at 4.

Something had shifted within her. She saw the saree and she didn't see it as an instrument of his control; instead, she saw herself removing it for him later that evening.

Khushi ran up to their bedroom to put away the new saree when she noticed a pouch at the bottom of the bag. She undid the pouch to find a small gold filigree container. It was filled with sindoor.

Jalebi Jane

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago
shakethebiscuit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Filled with sindoor! How caring n loving
Downhill thumbnail
simply brilliant
loved it
Rimi_BS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
That's awesome!!!! Loved it...
i_yatharthk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
We all know that arnav jeeps the needs of his family in his mind always many a times without even being asked by his family...but here in want to know whether he himself did buy it for her or someone else did his bidding for him...