Heyy! (aka a daadi amma post)

rope_and_anchor thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Heyy!! *waves nervously* Yet another season, yayy! So. We've all been here before and we all know the drill. We root for our favorite contestants, enjoy the dances, relish the drama, believe the lies and the fights and the controversies (almost all of which are orchestrated by the show makers), get pissed off at unfair decisions, and fight among ourselves for no reason, while the channel reaps the profits, and the celebs walk away with the money.

So, at the risk of sounding like a daadi amma, may I please please suggest preemptively to all my fellow viewers to not get lured into the fights instigated by the show? We know the show is scripted, we know the ultimate decisions are made by the show runners (and the TRPs) and we know the contestants know how it works too. So why waste our energy fighting pointless battles?

My point is, BP kyun badaana jab hamare stress lene se koi farak hi nahin padne wala? (And I'm not even speaking as a neutral fan. Make no mistake, I have a CLEAR favorite this time around, and I WILL scream and shout and cheer and grin like an idiot and force my friends to watch it when he performs. And I WILL shout profanities at the TV and the judges and the channel and the entire universe when he will inevitably be treated unfairly with. But I WILL try my best to be civil with people on here, because nobody here runs the show.) All of them already knew what they can expect from the show, when they signed the Jhalak contract. They don't need to be defended through fights among their fans.

Also, calling out celebs when they're being s/tty is fine, but Jhalak has a history of making its viewers go personal. Both with other celebs as well as their fans. I don't think I even need to explain this point further. Let's all refrain from doing that, this time around? Please?

Also, we all have reasons why we like some celebs, and dislike some others. If you think other people on here have a bad taste, let them na? You don't need to show them the right path. Like Geet said, tenu ki farak painda hai?

We all come from different fandoms, and we have to cohabit on this forum for the coming few months. So what I'm saying is, let's enjoy the show, scream our lungs out cheering for our favorites, get pissed at the show/channel/judges, but stay clear of any fights here, cool? Cool.

Nacho saare! (*runs away before I'm shooed away for giving bhaashans*)
😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arviabhigya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agree with u completely😃
Let's respect each other's likes and dislikes and coexist peacefully without creating this forum another war zone😆
Let's not be over sensitive or over involved in the shw such that we take stress over it😆
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am already loving the forum. It's so much fun to see the reactions. ðŸ˜†