Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kryztal thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Okay... first thing first. I need to apologize. I am really really sorry babur1527. I am sorry because I didn't read this piece of brilliance earlier. 
This FF is fantastic and I am absolutely in love with it.
I love the portrayal of different characters. 
Tbh, I am an ardent ASHKARA shipper, but you made me fall in love with them more(I didn't know if that was even possible) Ahankara is what a true warrior princess should be like- Fierce and soft at the same time. She is not mopping around for her love. And the bond they share is so much more than what they gave us in the show😡
ASHKARA romance was always subtle. And that's how it's supposed to be. We were supposed to have a show about Ashoka's fight for the throne and not his quest for KVK's love🤢
But your FF took care of what was missing from the show. And that Asandh connection!!!👏👏
Man... you don't know how much I have grown to love this FF. I read everything in one go. The fights and battles, the schemes, the plot twist when Ahankara's army came to help Ashoka when their own men betrayed...
You are fabulous writer and I can't wait to read more of it. Please don't stop updating because reading this FF is 1000x better than watching whatever love crap they are showing on tv. I love this Ashoka, this RG and I can't wait to see the upcoming battles. This FF helps me get over the death of Chanakya (though I am still not totally healed). The planning and plotting is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. And RG as senapati? Woah!!!👏😊
Please update soon. ❤️ 
tr_eta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
eagerly waiting for next chapter,continue soon
babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Will be a while guys. Busy with Ramadan.
tr_eta thumbnail
Ohhh thats fine take ur time but do update
spring01 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Excellent writing and far better dan serial.. I love ur writing skills. Why dnt u try to write a novel or book it will be gud..
tr_eta thumbnail
Update soon plz waiting...
-ChildOfChrist- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sorry for the late comment...
The update was fantastic!
It's been a really long time now
When are you updating?
Please reply
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: crazyforsarun

Sorry for the late comment...

The update was fantastic!
It's been a really long time now
When are you updating?
Please reply

Thanks for patiently waiting guys. It has been a hectic month.

Update will be up by next week. On a road trip to the coasts right now. 
tr_eta thumbnail
will be eagerly waiting for update...
babur1527 thumbnail

Chapter 15: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/134247496

A/N: Dedicated to Niki, Ramsha, Gargi, Mac, Khushi, Nonie, Shailusri, Vidhya, Sri and Shelly. My dedicated readers and sources of inspiration.

Also Rohini, Medha, Krystal and Kaana. Old loyal CAS viewers who loved Chanakya niti just as much as me. 

And finally my bros BB and Shyam who love Dharma and PS more than me. 

Chapter 16: Approach to Contact

It was well past midnight as Acharya Devrat was leading the raiding divisions of the Magadh into what is one of the most daring and riskiest mission yet. In the back of Devrat's mind he was considering the distinct possibility that he was leading the men into a trap. But there was not a choice in this matter given the circumstances.

He expected Rajkumar Ashok to join him on this avyan. But he made the right choice. A choice that Chanakya would have approved. Defending their captured fort held more importance. And he still had that Mudra. So other Hindu Kush tribes could be swayed away from supporting Mahanand and Keechak should they fail in their mission. He discussed this extensively with Rajkumar Ashok before he left and Devrat's worries were somewhat alleviated.

However, rescuing lady Nazia is going to be tough ordeal. Although Acharya Rudra did give him some ideas.

Meanwhile at the Fort

Everyone was scrambling preparing the defenses. Ashok was helping out wherever possible. Bhim Ji was busy stationing soldiers. Ashok was playing the rules that his father taught him. But he didn't feel secure. It felt like they were trapping themselves.

Ashok walked past the scrambling soldiers. His mind searching for ideas to avert the imminent siege.

He then remembered a chapter of that book he was reading. And what Akramak used to say.

Don't give the enemy a chance to prepare themselves. Take down the head of the snake before it wraps its tail around yours.

An idea struck Ashok's mind. It was one of the tales of his Grandfather's Acharya Chanakya told him.

"Summon Bhim Ji immediately." Ashok said to a guard. The guard bowed and left immediately.

Bhim Ji arrived after a while.

"Your highness did you summon me?" Bhim Ji said with a bow.

"How are preparations for the siege?" Ashok asked.

"We are doing the best we can Rajkumar Ashok." Bhim Ji said uneasily. "But I don't think we can hold out for more than two weeks or so considering the size of the approaching army."

"I was thinking the same." Ashok said with nodding. "We should take our core army and go on the attack and disperse the enemy or at least delay their march here. While the auxiliaries help funnel the refugees towards Assandh rather than holing up here and waiting for the enemy to descend on us."

"It sounds like a good idea. But it's risky." Bhim Ji said with a frown. "But it does present us with options to continue the fight should Acharya Devrat fail to capture Keechak as we will save a lot of lives. However we will lose whatever footing we have in Taxilla."

"Considering the circumstances Bhim Ji." Ashoka said with sigh. "It's a sacrifice we have to make."

"Alright Rajkumar Ashok." Bhim Ji said with a heavy breath. "We will have to get more Ashwa though."

"I leave that up to you. I will send a message to Acharya Devrat."

"As you command your highness." Bhim Ji said with a bow and left.

At Tosali

Rajkumar Sushim had mounted his horse ready to lead out a raid against the gathering forces of Kalinga. Senapati Radhagupt was next to him. Airvat and his Khurasani Ashwa on the other side.

"Rajkumar Sushim." Sushim clenched his mouth trying to contain his rage. The very sound of Radhagupt's voice made his blood boil. "You will lead the left flank. Airvat will take the right flank. We will surround them before they can mount a defense."

Sushim restrained a smile. Despite his annoyance with Radhagupt, the imminent battle excited the Danav in him.

"Rajkumar Sushim." A soft voice called. It was Chanda. Sushim turned towards her. The daughter of the Prantpal was surprisingly beautiful. And that gave Sushim more incentive to toy with her. His charisma already had her hooked. 

"Good luck. It's up to you to protect us all." She said with a nervous smile.

Sushim smirked and drew his sword.

"Let's crush them. Sainiko! Move out!" He shouted. Sushim gripped the reins of his horse as it bolted forward. Radhagupt, Airvat and the combined Magadh-Khurasani army at his wake.

Radhagupt lead the army though the rugged terrain. A dense forest divided them from the enemy. Radhagupt sighed as the soldiers forced themselves to remain awake and keep up with the Khurasani division. The new recruits were unfamiliar with this unconventional routine. Battles weren't usually fought at night. Radhagupt was aiming to attack the Kalingans at dawn. His guptchar had spread out through the forest to ensure that no scouts could spot the approaching army from Tosali. Radhagupt hoped that this battle was a decisive one. He wasn't sure if he had enough personnel to hold of the Kalingan army. The Khurasani Ashwa with Airvat were certainly helpful. But Radhagupt was unsure if it was enough. Not with Rajkumar Sushim refusing to use his army. Radhagupt knew the moment that Sushim was aware that if he assumed command of his secret army, he would be branded a traitor, a traitor that was conspiring with a dynastic enemy to boot. So that was out of the question. Radhagupt tightened the grip on the reins of his horse. They had to give it all in this one attack.

At the palace of Patliputra

The sun was rising. Bindusar was on the terrace looking out to his magnificent capital as Dharma stood close to him wrapped around his arms. After a very tiring day at the court he managed to finally spend some time with his favorite wife. The wife from whom he separated for ages. They had spent a wonderful evening together that had an ear to ear grin plastered on Bindusar's face. He was in a good mood.

"Samrat." Dharma said softly.

"Yes?"

"Have you been able to find out who Sudheshan was working for?" Bindusar frowned.

"No." He sighed. "He is determined. Despite the best efforts of our interrogators he is remaining silent. Wish his resolve was this firm in his loyalty to me. I can't seem to hold people's allegiances towards me. Just when I think I have rooted out all the traitors another one betrays me. Am I that bad in choosing people?" Bindusar asked his voice strained with despair.

Dharma moved her hand and touched Bindusar's face. She turned him towards her and looked into his eyes.

"Samrat." Dharma began. "The throne is like a bed of thorns. But only the one who sits on can truly see it for what it is. To everyone else it is the ultimate object of desire. Even pious men can be swayed by power. You can't know what is in everyone's heart. You cannot control what they desire. It's impossible to. Every Samrat has to tackle with treason every now and then. Those who can't inevitably fall. Like Dhana Nanda."

Bindusar chuckled. "You have been studying." He kissed her forehead. "I know I have said this countless times already, but I feel like my father would have been disappointed with me. If only I hadn't neglected my studies when I was younger." Bindusar said somberly. 

"Samrat." Dharma pulled Bindusar closer making sure he looked into her eyes. Bindusar pressed his forehead against Dharma's. "Your father would have been proud of you. It's one thing to establish an empire. It's a completely different challenge to consolidate and expand it."

Bindusar smiled and brushed his lips against Dharma's. Dharma returned the smile as a faint blush crept into her cheeks.

"I feel stronger when I have you by my side." Bindusar said with adoration. "I will do my best to ensure that our empire continues growing. And with our son now taking the responsibility of the Kingdom, I am sure I can do it."

"Samrat." Dharma began. Bindusar's smile faltered for a bit.

"Call me by my name." Bindusar said looking into his wife's eyes.

"But-" Dharma protested.

"Call me by my name." Bindusar repeated. As the sun cast a glow around them.

"B-Bindusar." Dharma said with a coy smile that made Bindusar's heart soar. He smiled as he drew his wife closer. The breeze danced softly around them as the sun rose above the horizon.

On the border between Tosali and Kalinga

Radhagupt looked on as the two flanks of the Magadh army surrounded the completely unprepared Kalingans. Radhagupt smirked as the Kalingan army cursed furiously, hastily retreating into the hills. Rajkumar Sushim was leading the army well. Radhagupt was both pleased and disappointed. He is well trained. But his heart has become so rotten.

Sushim was swinging his sword at every soldier he could reach. Channeling his anger and hatred into his blade. The unprepared Kalingans could barely stand before him. He and his men tore through their ranks. Airvat doing likewise on the other side.

Radhagupt and the center joined the combined Magadh-Khurasani army in as they routed the forces of Kalinga. The battle had gone easier than he initially anticipated it.

Airvat pulled up next to Radhagupt. "I don't think they can fight back anymore."

Radhagupt nodded. "Gather all the forces and collect all the Astra and supplies you can find. I think we have secured this frontier for now."

"How do you think Rajkumar Ashok is doing?" Airvat asked.

"I am not sure." Radhagupt said uncertainly. "Let's just hope the reinforcements we sent reaches there on time. And it's enough."

Airvat nodded grimly as Rajkumar Sushim and his guards galloped towards them.

At the fort near Taxilla

Ashok was getting ready to lead his army out as he finished putting on his armor. The gold plated cuirass and the greaves no longer felt heavy or foreign to his body. He strapped the sword of Chandragupt to his back. The weapon had become an extension of his arm. It was almost strange not to hold the sword in his hands all the time.

Preparing for battle had become a normal routine for Ashok. His body coursed with adrenaline and his mind was exultant with anticipation at the prospect of every impending battle. All this made Ashok certain of one thing. That he was born for war.

"Rajkumar Ashok!" A soldier bustled in, his voice laced with panic. Ashok frowned.

"What is it?" He asked turning towards him.

"The enemy is here!"

"What?!" Ashok was flabbergasted. Already?

At the Hindu Kush

Devrat and the Magadh army were chasing after the surprisingly quick caravan from Taxilla which was said to contain Keechak and lady Nazia. The ambush he prepared for was for naught. And the way the caravan was moving it didn't seem to be aiming for the castle of Mahanand. Something wasn't right.

"Are we walking into a trap?" Devrat asked quietly to Aadarsh.

"Probably." Aadrash said uneasily.

"I don't think so." Saroj said from the other side. "They had a chance to trap us for a long while now."

"Where do you think they are leading us?" Devrat asked. "They seemed to be moving without any specific destination. At first I thought they were trying to lose us. But it doesn't seem like that anymore. And it doesn't seem like a caravan that is transporting a bride."

"I think we are being intentionally lead around." Aadarsh said quietly. "We are far away from the fort. Further than we should have traversed."

"We should turn back." Saroj said quickly. "I think Rajkumar Ashok is in trouble. I knew we should not have come here."

"Oh is that so?" Aadarsh asked dryly. Saroj ignored him.

"Saroj is right." Devrat said grimly. "That caravan doesn't look to have Keechak or lady Nazia."

The words barely left his mouth and an arrow whistled past Devrat.

Back at the fort.

"What is going on?" Ashok asked climbing the steps of the front tower. Bhim Ji was on the edge of the tower preparing the archers. He looked deathly pale.

"We are too late Rajkumar Ashok." A soldier said. "We are surrounded."

Ashok looked around. And a sea of soldiers met his eyes. The overwhelming numbers rooted the Mauryan Prince to the spot.

Ashok spotted a flashy figure at the head of the army. Even from a distance he could tell who his opponent was. Even though he never saw him in his life. Even though the only image he has of him is the monstrous visages in his nightmares, he was certain who his opponent was. It couldn't be anyone else.

Ahead of the massive forces, Mahanayak Keechak leading his army in his armored chariot was a magnificent sight.

Keechak was laughing to himself. The plan that he and Amatya Rakshas constructed was so well executed.

How foolish these mongrels are. Did they think a King like myself will allow himself to become a man who delivers women to lowly chiefs? Nazia's wedding will be a celebration of your annihilation Maurya!

Mahanand was riding next to Keehcak uneasily. Keechak's charisma and growing power and Amatya Rakshash's eloquence had managed to convince the Hindu Kush Chief to join his side on the eve of his marriage to Nazia. His network of spies had worked well to keep Ashok unaware of his approach to the fort. And now was the time to eliminate the last obstacle to his mastery of Taxilla.

Keechak drew his sword. "Alright men! Prepare to attack!" And his order was met with terrifying roars.

Ashok clenched his fists. "Bhim Ji. What's done is done. Let's prepare for battle. Get someone to alert Acharya Rudra." Ashok ordered an attendant who quickly bowed and left.

"The enemy are huge in number." Bhim Ji said grimly.

"But we can hold them off." Ashok finished hesitantly.

"Not indefinitely." Bhim Ji said looking towards the Taxillan army. "All we can do is hope that Aadarsh is coming back. I already sent a messenger. But there isn't much hope of him reaching Aadarsh." Bhim Ji finished quietly. His voice low enough so the other soldiers couldn't hear him.

Ashok nodded and extended his hand. The attendant handed out the bow. He knew what he had to do.

"Saare Dhanurdhan taiyar ho jaaye!" Bhim Ji shouted. Ashok turned towards his gathering soldiers.

"Soldiers of Magadh!" Ashok began. "This is it! This is what we came here for. We must not lose! I know the enemy are large in number. But we can take them! Aadarsh is on his way back. And when our cavalry returns we will crush them!"

The soldiers of Magadh responded with valiant roars that strengthened Ashok's resolve.

Keechak bared his teeth hearing the battle cries of the Magadh army. That's more like it. Nothing less I would expect from the Magadh army. 

"What is a battle without a challenge? Eh?" Keechak asked Mahanand gleefully who could only laugh nervously in response.

Ashok stood behind the line of archers as Bhim Ji moved to the next tower. This was going to be the first siege that Ashok was going to defend. He just hoped he had what it took to lead the soldiers.

"This is it. Acharya. Pitaji. I hope I don't let you down." Ashok thought to himself as the archers prepared to fire.

Please forgive me for being so late. Had a busy couple of months. Plus had to get over a writer's block. Next update will be up by Sunday.

Hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 17: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136004202

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago