Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: babur1527

Thank you for reading everyone. But I am not sure if I want to continue this anymore.

I know why... I'm also not watching CAS in this days...But your ff was so awesome and I waiting for it everyday and you know what I'll come hear only for your ff...anyways you don't want continue its okay...But I miss you and miss my all CAS frds...😭
Edited by Imashkara - 8 years ago
babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Don't be sad guys. Tell you what. I will try to continue after 21st April.
pari0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: babur1527

Don't be sad guys. Tell you what. I will try to continue after 21st April.

that's great to hear please do continue this is a good story that i would be very sad if not continued😊
babur1527 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Chapter 13:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/131208884

A/N: Dedicated to Niki, Ramsha, Gargi, Mac, Khushi, Shailusri, Vidhya, Sri and Shelly. My dedicated readers and sources of inspiration.

Also Rohini, Medha, Krystal and Kaana. Old loyal CAS viewers who loved Chanakya niti just as much as me. 

And finally my bros BB and Shyam who love Dharma and PS more than me. 

Chapter 14: The War Begins

Hordes of horses were moving across the terrain at a blistering pace. A tornado of dust trailing behind them.

Rajkumar Ashok was leading the vanguard of his army. Well rested, recovered and restocked the combinded Magadh-Ujjaini army were ready for battle. Local Taxillians had flocked to their sides and bolstered their ranks.

Acharya Devrat had gone ahead with the scouting party. After several war councils they had adjusted the plan slightly.

Slightly. Ashok thought with a smirk.

"There is a high chance that your plan is compromised Rajkumar Ashok." Devrat said grimly to Ashok and the Senanayaks who were gathered around a spread out map. "Whoever Sudheshan answers to will no doubt have learned of your plan and he will have let Keechak know."

"Now what?" Ashok asked.

"I think we should stick to the plan." Bhim Ji said thoughtfully. "Just make a few changes."

"Er-?" Saroj said confusedly.

"We will just cut off the main trade route." Bhim Ji said looking towards Devrat who looked at Bhim Ji with a frown.

"It's a plausible plan." Devrat said mutedly. "If we take this fort here" Devrat said placing his finger on the map pointing to a place not far from Taxilla, "We can pretty much cut off Taxilla."

"Alright then." Ashok said folding his arms. "We need to capture this fort as soon as possible."

"If we start tomorrow we will get there within a week."

The Magadh Sena neared the destination that Devrat told them to. It was a mountainous range a few miles away from their target. Hedges and rocks strewn across the paths clouded by heavy mist. It was getting cold.

Come on Acharya Devrat. Ashok thought tensely. The soldiers were restless. They were itching to fight.

At Patliputra

"Rajkumar Sushim has left for Tosali." Khalnatak said loudly. The hall was filled with Brahmins. Samrat Bindusar had called an emergency meeting.

"Hopefully he will quell any chances of rebellion in Tosali." Khalnatak finished.

"It's not just Tosali." Radhagupt spoke up. "There are many other Janpads who are showing signs of rebellion."

"What is going on?" Bindusar said irately. "Are our governors not doing their jobs properly?"

"There is no smoke without fire Samrat." Radhagupt said quietly. The Brahmins nodded.

"Something is going on." Grinath said thoughtfully.

"Keechak's defeat at Rajkumar Ashok's hands has somewhat stayed the spreading fire." Akhanand said stroking his chin. "However we need to reassert our authority. We should send out a Sena division to quell any chances of rebellion."

"What do you suggest Acharya?" Khalnatak asked. "Samrat cannot leave Patliputra. And we do not have a Senapati."

"That is true." Grinath said grimly.

Something ran across Bindusar's mind. He remembered one of the battles of his father in his insurgency against Dhananand.

"I have a proposal." Bindusar said loudly. "Until we find an able Senapati I would like to appoint Acharya Radhagupt to that post."

The courtroom held their breath. Khalnatak was shocked.

"Brahmin senapatis are not uncommon." Grinath said thoughtfully. "Seems like a good idea."

"But should we not appoint someone more suitable?" Khalnatak protested. Radhagupt remained rooted to his spot. What a stroke of luck.

"Radhagupt has enough experience." Bindusar said raising his hand. "He has fought many battles with Acharya Chanakya. And there is no one at the moment I trust more than him. And I need you here Mahamatya."

The Brahmins murmured in agreement.

"Acharya Radhagupt." Bindusar said standing up. An attendant brought up a decorative sword next to him. "I give you access to all the resources that Magadh has. Do what you must. Bring all the Janpads under our control. If heads need to roll do not hesitate."

Radhagupt walked up to Bindusar and bowed before him. "As you command Samrat." He said extending his hands. Bindusar gave the sword to Radhagupt.

Khalnatak grumbled to himself as he watched the proceedings. This was not good.

Near the fort on the outskirts of Taxilla...

Ashok guided Kulbhushan on the edge of a mountain as the sun begun setting. His army had begun descending the plains. Keechak's strongest fort lay ahead of them. He remembered that book of Chin he was reading. When conducting a siege always maintain a three to one ratio against the defenders.

Acharya Devrat's scouts had returned. The defenders of that outpost numbered at two thousand men. The Senanayaks agreed that two Magadh divisions and one Ujjaini division was enough to take over the fort. Acharya Rudra was leading the siege with Saroj, Devrat and Aadarsh. While Ashok and Bhim Ji held back with the reserve.

"I smell blood tonight." A soldier said ominously.

"Don't we always?" Another soldier said irately.

"Yeah." The soldier nodded. "But this is going to be a bloody battle."

Ashok looked out as the Magadh and Ujjaini divisions rounded the enormous fort. The catapults readied to fire. Ashok had assigned Devrat on a secret mission. He was to infiltrate the fort and kill the commander. He wanted to finish the battle as soon as possible.

"So it begins." Ashok said as a catapult fired.

At Patliputra

It was nightfall at Patliputra. The meeting adjourned agreeing that Radhagupt should leave that very night. Radhagupt mounted his horse as Samrat Bindusar and the Brahmins looked on. The attendants had brought an armor but he told them to keep it aside. He wasn't going to wear something that uncomfortable unless absolutely necessary. Radhagupt was given charge of the troops that Senapati Sudheshan brought back. Radhagupt had managed to slip a few spies into the ranks to ensure that he could know the possibility of mutiny before it came to fruition.

"Keep me updated about everything Senapati." Bindusar said quietly. Radhagupt nodded.

"I have given you the authority to remove and appoint governors if you see fit." Bindusar continued. Khanltanak clenched his teeth.

"You will join Rajkumar Sushim at Tosali and continue south." Bindusar said finally. "Good luck."

"Dhanyevad Samrat." Radhagupt bowed his head. "Alright." Radhagupt said gripping the reign of his horse. "Move out troops." He shouted.

The Brahmins watched as Radhagupt lead the Sena out of Patliputra. The situation was very tense. Bindusar's mind raced with thoughts. We have enemies within the palace. I need to found out who they are.

"Lead me to Sudheshan's cell." Bindusar said to Khalnatak who tensed.

"Yes Samrat." Khalnatak said nervously.

Meanwhile on the other side of the palace...

Dharma and Ahankara were sitting next to her brother's crib. Ishwari and Katsuri were standing before them. Their faces strained with concern.

"So Acharya Radhagupt is leaving." Ahankara asked. Dharma nodded.

"Yes. The situation is not getting any better." Dharma said quietly.

"It's like twenty years ago again." Katsuri said nervously. Dharma looked towards her.

"What happened twenty years ago?" Ahankara asked curiously.

"Keechak had attacked Magadh." Katsuri replied. "A bloody battle ensued. A lot of people were killed."

"Yes." Dharma added. "I recall the Samrat telling me about it. The existence of Magadh was at stake. Samrat himself almost died in that battle fighting Keechak."

"Keechak is a very fierce warrior." Katsuri said tensely. "I am worried for Rajkumar Ashok."

Ahankara's looked towards Dharma with apprehension.

"I am sure the Magadh Sena can protect him." Dharma said unsure. Her son was very reckless. He is not the type to avoid combat no matter how the odds were. Ahankara looked towards her brother as an uncomfortable silence overtook them.

On the outskirts of the Taxilla region...

Ashok looked on as the battle raged before him. As expected, the defenders were putting up a fierce fight. A messenger drew up next to Ashok.

"Rajkumar Ashok." the messenger said with a bow. "The fort will be falling shortly. Acharya Devrat had succeeded in killing their commander."

Ashok nodded tensely. So many lives could have been saved. What are they really fighting for?

Bhim Ji spoke up. "Keechak still retains that charisma and aura. His soldiers are very loyal to him."

Ashok listened to Bhim Ji silently. 

"This war is just getting started." Bhim Ji said with a sigh.

At palace of Taxilla.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Keechak roared. "WHAT THE HELL WERE OUR SCOUTS DOING?"

Keechak had just received news that the most important fort, the one that  controlled the supplies to his city was cut off. Needless to say the Mahanyak did not take the news well. At all. He had his sword placed inches away from the messenger's throat.

"Mahanayak it all happened too fast. Our scouts were killed before they could alert us." The messenger said timidly. Keechak simply knocked the messenger to the ground. He was heaving with rage.

"There is no point getting angry Mahanayak." Amatya Rakshas said quietly. "What is done is done."

"I need to end this war quickly." Keechak said quietly. The fort was too critical too lose so soon. "They are gaining too much momentum too quickly."

Amatya Rakshas nodded in agreement. "We need to secure the support of the fort commanders of the Indus Caucasus as quickly as possible."

Keechak turned towards Vasantsena. "Get that wench ready! She is going to her husband to be soon!"

"She is not going to budge easily." Vasantsena said warily.

"Wring Sudhama's neck as always and she will agree." Keechak said calmly. "Now where is Shunga?"

At the fort...

Ashok rode through the giant gates as bodies were piled everywhere. The Magadh Sena were busy putting out the fires and cleaning the fort. His Senanayaks were around him as people freed from the prisons gathered around their liberators. Ashok looked at the pathetic condition of these people. Most of them had soot around their faces and marks of lashes all over their body.

"Alright Keechak." Ashok muttered through clenched teeth. "Let's what you can do against men who can fight."

Hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your thoughts.

Chapter 15: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/134247496

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful chapter Babur😃
I am glad that you have decided to finish this fanfic😊
Edited by Nonie12345 - 7 years ago
tr_eta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome update as always, I was d silent reader of ur story & thnx for continuing it
srividhya68 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome upt
loved it
cont soon
babur1527 thumbnail
Thanks for reading everyone. I had to take some time off. Had some personal issues.
moviefan-pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A very awesome ff👏 sad to hear ur gonna end it, but it's ur wish. I enjoyed the ff very very much until now, it was like seeing all the characters of CAS in a new perspective and justifying all the incomplete tracks of the show
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: muviefan

A very awesome ff👏 sad to hear ur gonna end it, but it's ur wish. I enjoyed the ff very very much until now, it was like seeing all the characters of CAS in a new perspective and justifying all the incomplete tracks of the show

By end I mean complete. 😆

I penned this story with the vision of what I wanted to see in CAS before leap, I am going to complete that.

Whether I continue the story covering Ashoka's adult life I haven't really thought about it.