Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapbubble thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: souhasini

Awesome story. Im in love with ur ff. Lvd d way u shpd the characters n their feelings emotions. It is just 2 days i came across ur ff n read all d parts. Im not at all gud with words n dont know wat to say. Thnk you for gvng such an amazing ff πŸ‘

Thank you so much Souhasini! So happy that you caught up with all the chapters and liked this fanfic πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

No problem about not being good with words - I like your words all the same πŸ˜ƒ
soapbubble thumbnail
The Best of Things
(Ragya, Swasan) Fan Fiction Series +16
By Bubble

Chapter 71

Ragini smoothed and folded her wedding outfit. Lakshya was in the shower, singing loudly. They had gone down for breakfast earlier and she was now tidying their things which had become strewn last night. 

These 24 hours, this day and this night that had just gone past, had been the most momentous of her life, and the most wonderful! To have Lakshya's love, freely given, was a prize that she had not dared dream of in recent months.

She caressed the lehenga and looked down at it, remembering. Was it only yesterday that Swara and she had been shopping for a wedding joda in Haridwar? Swara had tried to interest her in box after box of lehengas but she had been so lost in thought, trying to figure what Lakshya's behaviour had meant. What was he thinking, feeling? Did he think she had been blackmailing him into greater commitment? How to convince him that that was not the case! Was he just trying to placate her, or was he himself wanting to commit to her afresh... give their relationship a deeper dimension...? But whatever the reason was, one thing stood out clearly: he was not letting her go. 

He had called Swara while they were at the shop... and declined to speak to her! He had no more words to give her... but he had been willing her, earnestly willing her, to listen to his  actions. 

Then Ragini had caught sight of this joda. With a sudden quickening of interest, she had gone into the trial room to try it on. She had looked at the perfect fit, and the bold non-existence of a back in the mirror and smiled. Lakshya would love me in this! she had thought, and then she had frozen. Lakshya loves me! 

He seemed unable to tell her so - perhaps he hadn't put it into those words himself - but in the face of the intensity coming from him, his actions... During that last phone call, the plea in his silence had been so potent, her need for words fell away. Oh, she would coax them out later, she thought, but for now this knowledge, this certainty would do. She had gone out and told Swara that she had made up her mind. 

He emerged now from the bathroom, still humming. Smiling, she tucked the folds of the ghagra in and shut the box.

+++++++

Swara closed the car door and looked around expectantly. They had flown out of Dehradun this morning and just arrived in Varanasi. She was particularly excited to be staying in Dida's house. It was an old fashioned courtyard and had four families staying in various portions; Dida had kept one wing for herself. Sanskaar was extricating the bags from the car. Giridhar, a young tenant of Dida's, was standing by to help and guide them to Dida's doorstep.

"My God, kya hai isme, Swara?!" Sanskaar asked, huffing slightly. That was the bag that contained the pickles from Haridwar and just a "few more items". Swara bit her lip. Because they sent off Ragini and Lakshya in a hurry, she was also carrying Ragini's share of the shopping and their baggage had miraculously expanded to one and a half times of what they had set out with. And now that they were in Benaras, she was going to buy something for everyone at home and there would be more still! As he carried the bags in, Sanskaar threw her an exasperated glare and Swara looked guiltier still.

Dida greeted them in joyous welcome, so happy to have her Shona and her son-in-law visit her. The haveli was in Bangali Tola, an area that once housed thousands of Bengalis, and Swara and Sanskaar looked around with great interest at this ancient city. 

They freshened up, had lunch, and Swara spent the next couple of hours chatting non-stop with her grandmother, while Sanskaar flipped through many magazines. The evening, of course, was dedicated to many activities they had planned.  

Around five, Swara went to change. Sanskaar glanced at his watch. "Chalo, Swara... kitni der lagaogi?"

"Aa rahi hoon, Sanskaar - just ten minutes..." she yelled, as she rummaged in her suitcase for clothes.

"You knew we had to leave... aadhe ghante se intezaar kar raha hoon tumhara!" he said.

"Accha, don't be angry..." she cajoled, when they were in the cycle rickshaw twenty minutes later, "I was telling Dida about so many things, including Ragini... talking to her is also important, right?"

"You've been talking to her all day... I've just been hanging around, feeling silly!" he muttered.

StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: soapbubble

😳 I was wondering where you had got to! And if you were upset about the speed with which the Creative team tackled the Ragya wedding πŸ˜• - a little build up would have been very welcome.

But coming back - I'm happy you liked this crucial chapter! Turned it a bit on its head to have the 'lovee' know before the lover but... the knowledge of it was more important to her than the words. And he was willing to do everything... but didn't realise the full extent of his feelings.
Not over yet... but we are winding close πŸ˜ƒ  
Much much love!
Bubble

Its my job !! Its always my idiotic job...sigh. 

Yeah the speed was a bit unnerving, but then these are the SR creatives, so. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But I'm quite happy with whatever they did give us...the wedding and the wedding night and the scenes before and after were all so beautifully shown. And in a way, Ragini and Lakshya's story is the first love story of this show - that's how it all began, with Ragini's love for him. And like Namish / Lakshya both said - its the one thing that has remain unchanged throughout. So yeah, it did appear that Lakshya realized a lot of things quickly, but honestly, he's objectively known this all along. This Kavya / Tanya jolt was what it took to admit it to himself, I guess. Tho' as a viewer I'd have LOVED to see all of this extend over weeks, lol. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Oh THANK GOD its not getting over yet !! Imma ignore the winding close wala part. πŸ˜³πŸ˜³ Speaking of which...UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
StarshineHues thumbnail
OH WOW WHAT MAGIC IS THIS - RES !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
Edit:

Awww !! This was such a sweet, feel good update !!

Lakshya humming in the shower, Ragini feeling blissful and content !!

On the other hand, we have Swara and Sankaas visiting Dida...and being so domestic and homey - what with Swara's "little extra" luggage and Sanskaar being all whiny about all the time she took to dress (and all the time she ignored him basically). πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Can't wait to see where this trip takes them next Bubble, please update soon !!

As always, much love !! 

πŸ€—πŸ€—Edited by StarshineHues - 8 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: StarshineHues

Its my job !! Its always my idiotic job...sigh. 

Yeah the speed was a bit unnerving, but then these are the SR creatives, so. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But I'm quite happy with whatever they did give us...the wedding and the wedding night and the scenes before and after were all so beautifully shown. And in a way, Ragini and Lakshya's story is the first love story of this show - that's how it all began, with Ragini's love for him. And like Namish / Lakshya both said - its the one thing that has remain unchanged throughout. So yeah, it did appear that Lakshya realized a lot of things quickly, but honestly, he's objectively known this all along. This Kavya / Tanya jolt was what it took to admit it to himself, I guess. Tho' as a viewer I'd have LOVED to see all of this extend over weeks, lol. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Oh THANK GOD its not getting over yet !! Imma ignore the winding close wala part. πŸ˜³πŸ˜³ Speaking of which...UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

I'm glad you thought it was okay -  I need to catch up properly - I've just caught bits and pieces because I've been watching Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke on Sony as well. 

A few more chapters... tide them over a few speed bumps...   πŸ˜›

soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: StarshineHues

OH WOW WHAT MAGIC IS THIS - RES !! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Edit:

Awww !! This was such a sweet, feel good update !!

Lakshya humming in the shower, Ragini feeling blissful and content !!

On the other hand, we have Swara and Sankaas visiting Dida...and being so domestic and homey - what with Swara's "little extra" luggage and Sanskaar being all whiny about all the time she took to dress (and all the time she ignored him basically). πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Can't wait to see where this trip takes them next Bubble, please update soon !!

As always, much love !! 

πŸ€—πŸ€—

Ragya are shining with afterglow πŸ˜³β˜ΊοΈ - new found love is a splendorous thing πŸ˜³
Yep, Sanskaar is being whiny, isn't he? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† They get that way sometimes, the best of them! πŸ˜ƒ
Hugs, Bubble
StarshineHues thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

I'm glad you thought it was okay -  I need to catch up properly - I've just caught bits and pieces because I've been watching Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke on Sony as well. 

A few more chapters... tide them over a few speed bumps...   πŸ˜›

Oooh I've been watching that show beech beech main, along with Dahleez. Both shows are quite nice !! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Speed bumps ?

Oooh yay !! That means that there's some time still to go !! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
princess2791 thumbnail
Wonderful update. lakshas realisation, his confession, and their journey is so beautiful and romanric. poor sanskar taking all lugage. lovely update. waiting for next update.
Krishnabhisarik thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh m loving these fast fast updates!! This one was so cute.. So, now we know how n when Ragini realised his love for her.. Totally loved the line that she would have coaxed it out of him laterπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
SwaSan are totally set in their domestic world.. Typical husband wife ki nok-jhok has started over dressing time, shopping, family membersπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜† CutiesπŸ˜›
Next one bhi jaldi jaldiπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
jyotikaur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awww sanskar is damm cute...plz do pm me