5.13 - God's Green Earth

reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Mike was annoying in this one. Like, I know he was just doing what he did to protect Rachel, but his actions were all panicked. We need smart Mike right now! 

For once, Rachel was not annoying. Yes, she is still thinking about cutting deals with Anita Gibbs and selling out Harvey and Jessica! But she had a cause to be scared this time. Even I felt sad for her when the Columbia dean threatened to expel her. 

Jessica went to Harvey for help. Harvey chose Mike over her. As a result, she had to go to Jack Soloff. Not good. PSL is drowning. And there seems no way to come out of this mess. Not good at all.

Poor Louis. Harvey & Mike sort of deserve all the shit they are getting. Not Louis! Yes he was a selfish asshole when he came to know of the truth, but I still feel bad for him. That scene where he questions Sheila in the typical ruthless way of Harvey was heartbreaking. 

Mike once again saved the day with his photographic memory skills. But he needs to put that skill into building a defense for their case right now. I don't know why he is fighting with Harvey. That man is super focussed into working the case, he needs to trust him. 

I have no opinion on Scottie angle. I don't care right now if she will be back later. If this case goes away clean, I guess we know what Mike and Rachel's story is going to be like. Her advise to Rachel outside the elevator seemed accurate. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Louis/Sheila were the best thing about this episode. All their scenes were great and the final one was so, so sad. I really hope they work out their stuff after this thing is over.

Jessica and Jack had good scenes too. It was good to see Jessica being all badass and fierce. 👏 Although I do wish people would stop this name partner thing. Pearson Specter Litt Soloff Ross Zane Paulsen Scott Sazs blahblah. That's what the name will become by the end of the series.-_-

I won't go so far as to say that Harvey and Mike deserve all this hit and the others don't, though. Yes, they started it. But the rest of them went along with it. Donna and Rachel did out of loyalty/love, so it may be unfair on them, but Louis and Jessica used Mike's secret for their own selfish purposes so it's hardly fair to say that this whole thing is Mike/Harvey's fault.

Yes they're all being short-tempered right now and snapping at each other, but I don't find that very worrying because I think they all know that with the way things are going, everyone's stresses and no one really means any of what they say when they're fighting each other. 

I agree Rachel wasn't that annoying but it's hardly a compliment -- that she had a reason to be crying today is fine, but I NEED to see Rachel do some lawyering, being her own person, being SMART. 

Mike/Harvey -- this is probably the lead up to the mock trial. I don't want them to fight each other, but I kinda agree with both of them here. Harvey was being annoying about Scottie. Mike didn't know ANYTHING about why/how he and Scottie had broken up, and he had NO IDEA about their future interactions at all. He went to her for help and Harvey made it a huge thing.

Harvey/Scottie - ANNOYING. And I'm not just speaking as a Darvey fan here. I read in an IV recently how all the actors felt there was something about wrong about the season finale script and MM and GM were the most vocal about it. Writing as you go w/o having any plan beforehand is fine as long as you don't mess with the characters. But if ALL the actors can see there's something wrong with the script and the main writer/creator can't -- it's worrying. (And Rachel has been ruined enough as it is). It's almost like he hasn't decided who he wants Harvey to end up with, so he throws in some Darvey feels in one episode and some Harvey/Scottie feels in another. PLEASE STOP that Korsh. Decide. I'll be fine if you choose to end with Harvey/Scottie as well, as long as you make it believable (and make sure Donna finds someone else the audience can root for). But don't ruin whatever you've developed so far. I mean, what was that about Harvey going to therapy and making it sound like he went for Scottie?! I remember Jessica saying that Scottie leaving him didn't affect him as much as Donna leaving him did. So what exactly was this?!

I liked Scottie earlier. Before they turned her into another Rachel. Please don't ruin the characters.

The only Scottie scene I liked was Rachel/Scottie by the elevators. That scene was nice and something to think about. I agreed with Rachel at first because Mike HAD planned on leaving the firm anyway. But then I remembered his Investment Banking stint and how he didn't last long there and came back to PSL. Of course, the circumstances were different, and I still think Rachel is right here, but there's a possibility that Scottie may turn out to be right. If she is that'll lead to more Mike/Rachel drama in S6 I guess. :/

Ooh and Trevor the Annoying will be coming again. :(

BTW, did anyone catch the new promo?

Edit - Also liked how Louis said that the one thing he learned from the Mike Ross thing was that not every great lawyer went to Harvard. :) It made me happy.😳 Louis did have some good scenes this episode. 
Edited by Nickel8 - 8 years ago
reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This forum is tooo silent man! I remember the first half of the season we had more people participating here. I guess not many are back for 5B yet. Sad case really, since the show is going so well. 

Originally posted by: Nickel8

Louis/Sheila were the best thing about this episode. All their scenes were great and the final one was so, so sad. I really hope they work out their stuff after this thing is over.
Exactlyyy!! The best part about their dynamic was you know Sheila is right on her part. You feel sad for the turn of events, but you still can't blame her for what she did. Their last scene was very well enacted by both the actors & so heart-breaking to watch. 

Jessica and Jack had good scenes too. It was good to see Jessica being all badass and fierce. 👏 Although I do wish people would stop this name partner thing. Pearson Specter Litt Soloff Ross Zane Paulsen Scott Sazs blahblah. That's what the name will become by the end of the series.-_-
This is my first lawyer drama, so don't really know what's the norm in other law firms of the tv world. But I guess, being name partner is THE BEST THING to do. And the problem of this show is we have far too many over-ambitious characters. If the show follows the route where Mike actually attends law school and becomes a legitimate lawyer, I can guarantee PSL will become Pearson Specter Litt Ross. 

I won't go so far as to say that Harvey and Mike deserve all this hit and the others don't, though. Yes, they started it. But the rest of them went along with it. Donna and Rachel did out of loyalty/love, so it may be unfair on them, but Louis and Jessica used Mike's secret for their own selfish purposes so it's hardly fair to say that this whole thing is Mike/Harvey's fault.
I totally agree all are to blame here. Jessica and Louis have taken full advantage of Mike's fraud, so they all deserve the mess they are in. This includes Donna and Rachel. A crime committed for love is still a crime. Personally as neutral guy, I would say Harvey is bigger culprit than Mike. He is the one responsible for hiring Mike in the first place. But I am not blaming anyone in this case. Everyone is equally guilty. 

Yes they're all being short-tempered right now and snapping at each other, but I don't find that very worrying because I think they all know that with the way things are going, everyone's stresses and no one really means any of what they say when they're fighting each other. 

I agree Rachel wasn't that annoying but it's hardly a compliment -- that she had a reason to be crying today is fine, but I NEED to see Rachel do some lawyering, being her own person, being SMART. 
I have left hope for her character. Rachel has been a non-lawyer entity on this show since the middle of S03 now. It's been tooo long since we have seen her being smart. Even when she has scenes where she is working on a case, her character is always going through personal stuff. And most of her personal worries are just plain annoying. 

Mike/Harvey -- this is probably the lead up to the mock trial. I don't want them to fight each other, but I kinda agree with both of them here. Harvey was being annoying about Scottie. Mike didn't know ANYTHING about why/how he and Scottie had broken up, and he had NO IDEA about their future interactions at all. He went to her for help and Harvey made it a huge thing.

Harvey/Scottie - ANNOYING. And I'm not just speaking as a Darvey fan here. I read in an IV recently how all the actors felt there was something about wrong about the season finale script and MM and GM were the most vocal about it. Writing as you go w/o having any plan beforehand is fine as long as you don't mess with the characters. But if ALL the actors can see there's something wrong with the script and the main writer/creator can't -- it's worrying. (And Rachel has been ruined enough as it is). It's almost like he hasn't decided who he wants Harvey to end up with, so he throws in some Darvey feels in one episode and some Harvey/Scottie feels in another. PLEASE STOP that Korsh. Decide. I'll be fine if you choose to end with Harvey/Scottie as well, as long as you make it believable (and make sure Donna finds someone else the audience can root for). But don't ruin whatever you've developed so far. I mean, what was that about Harvey going to therapy and making it sound like he went for Scottie?! I remember Jessica saying that Scottie leaving him didn't affect him as much as Donna leaving him did. So what exactly was this?!

I liked Scottie earlier. Before they turned her into another Rachel. Please don't ruin the characters.

The only Scottie scene I liked was Rachel/Scottie by the elevators. That scene was nice and something to think about. I agreed with Rachel at first because Mike HAD planned on leaving the firm anyway. But then I remembered his Investment Banking stint and how he didn't last long there and came back to PSL. Of course, the circumstances were different, and I still think Rachel is right here, but there's a possibility that Scottie may turn out to be right. If she is that'll lead to more Mike/Rachel drama in S6 I guess. :/

Ooh and Trevor the Annoying will be coming again. :(

BTW, did anyone catch the new promo?

Edit - Also liked how Louis said that the one thing he learned from the Mike Ross thing was that not every great lawyer went to Harvard. :) It made me happy.😳 Louis did have some good scenes this episode. 

That one line was so sweet. Goes on to show how much Louis has changed since his initial S01 days. Rick Hoffman does a terrific brilliant job at playing him.👏

Puma18 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really liking this season of Suits... I am liking the fact that they are showing Harvey is human with all his faults. There are some things which even he cannot solve.
Like some else said, it will be great if they show Mike attending Law college.