...Hemangi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Happy Chhath Puja / Surya Shashti to all my dear Karnalis 😳
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Karna in my Eyes.

For the First time, I am writing something on Karna.Please forgive me for any mistake.Its completely my point of view & most importantly I am not a scholar.So, with my limited knowledge, a small write up on Karna.

If anyone ask me Who is your favourite character in Mahabharata, then without any doubt, my answer will be Karna.
Sometimes, I wonder, Why it is??He knew the conspiracy of Laksagriha.He was a part of Dyut Sabha. He  also took part  in the murder of Abhimanyu.
Answer is very simple. Karna is a common human being & No one is Perfect.But the allegations against him are serious,
Then why some people still love & worship Karna like me?Are we lack judgement?

Lakshagriha Incident, he opposed the decision, but he remained slient for the sake of his friendship with Duryodhan.According to Karna, Duryodhan gave him his due respect, he extended his hand of friendship despite his low caste.So, its his "Dharma"to protect Duryodhan.As Duryodhan made him the king of Anga, its his duty to remain a loyal political comrade of Duryodhan.I always feel Karna's condition was more like modern days honest  IAS Officers, who want to remain honest, but failed because of their duty & about Abhimanyu's killing, he listened to the Commander of the Army.It hurted the real warrior inside him, but still he did his duty which he think is right.

Dyut Sabha incident.Karna insulted Draupadi.He instigated the situation.Its the reason for downfall of Karna.Draupadi rejected Karna.He should respect her feelings.But No,typical male ego,unable to accept rejection from a woman.Yes, he felt insulted infront of all kings because  Draupadi rejected him only because of his low caste.But cant he forgive Draupadi?? How he sliently watched the shameful act of Dushasan?Only to prove his loyality towards Duryodhan?? No No, he did this to satisfy his male ego which was hurt due to Draupadi's rejection.Everyone was villain including the five pandavas in the Dyut-sabha.But again I wonder, how can he forgive anyone?? Did he get forgiveness from anyone??But, he was wrong that day.No one can defend him, not even Karna I think.

Karna always have a passion for Archery, but due to the social system, he always faced rejection.Not because he lacked skill, but for his low caste. How a suta can learn Archery??After facing rejection & insults, he told lie to Guru Parshuram that he is a Brahmin.He always respected his Guru, worked hard & achieved.But his Guru gave him curse, Why?? Because he tolarated pain so that his Guru can rest.After watching his Kavach & Kundal, Cant Lord Parshuram understand that he is not a ordinary person, but a person with divine touch & Lord Parshuram was the Guru of Bhisma who was not a Brahmin.But Karna accepted his Guru's curse as blessing.He moved on in his life & tried to achieve his dream.

He donated his immortality, his Kavach Kundal  to Lord Indra.It need a lot of courage.I respect his confidence.He also gave daan to Kunti, thelives of her four sons.He was unable to send her empty-handed for whom he had to suffer all humilation, who reduced his status.He rejected Lord Krishna's offer without any second thought.Proud Karna, loyal Karna.

I love Karna, they way he struggled, fought & achieved his dream, his passion.He wrote his own destiny by his hard work.He accepted curse from his Guru & moved on in his life. I love his power of acceptance.His loyalty & friendship towards Duryodhan & most importantly his Daanveerta.He is a man full of pride, but  for me, his pride is his way of self-respect.For me, Karna is a trendsetter,Couragious &  As radiant as sun.People will always remember him.Some will hate him & some will love & worship him & I will always remain in that second category.

...Hemangi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sania_58

Karna in my Eyes.

For the First time, I am writing something on Karna.Please forgive me for any mistake.Its completely my point of view & most importantly I am not a scholar.So, with my limited knowledge, a small write up on Karna.

If anyone ask me Who is your favourite character in Mahabharata, then without any doubt, my answer will be Karna.
Sometimes, I wonder, Why it is??He knew the conspiracy of Laksagriha.He was a part of Dyut Sabha. He  also took part  in the murder of Abhimanyu.
Answer is very simple. Karna is a common human being & No one is Perfect.But the allegations against him are serious,
Then why some people still love & worship Karna like me?Are we lack judgement?

Lakshagriha Incident, he opposed the decision, but he remained slient for the sake of his friendship with Duryodhan.According to Karna, Duryodhan gave him his due respect, he extended his hand of friendship despite his low caste.So, its his "Dharma"to protect Duryodhan.As Duryodhan made him the king of Anga, its his duty to remain a loyal political comrade of Duryodhan.I always feel Karna's condition was more like modern days honest  IAS Officers, who want to remain honest, but failed because of their duty & about Abhimanyu's killing, he listened to the Commander of the Army.It hurted the real warrior inside him, but still he did his duty which he think is right.

Dyut Sabha incident.Karna insulted Draupadi.He instigated the situation.Its the reason for downfall of Karna.Draupadi rejected Karna.He should respect her feelings.But No,typical male ego,unable to accept rejection from a woman.Yes, he felt insulted infront of all kings because  Draupadi rejected him only because of his low caste.But cant he forgive Draupadi?? How he sliently watched the shameful act of Dushasan?Only to prove his loyality towards Duryodhan?? No No, he did this to satisfy his male ego which was hurt due to Draupadi's rejection.Everyone was villain including the five pandavas in the Dyut-sabha.But again I wonder, how can he forgive anyone?? Did he get forgiveness from anyone??But, he was wrong that day.No one can defend him, not even Karna I think.

Karna always have a passion for Archery, but due to the social system, he always faced rejection.Not because he lacked skill, but for his low caste. How a suta can learn Archery??After facing rejection & insults, he told lie to Guru Parshuram that he is a Brahmin.He always respected his Guru, worked hard & achieved.But his Guru gave him curse, Why?? Because he tolarated pain so that his Guru can rest.After watching his Kavach & Kundal, Cant Lord Parshuram understand that he is not a ordinary person, but a person with divine touch & Lord Parshuram was the Guru of Bhisma who was not a Brahmin.But Karna accepted his Guru's curse as blessing.He moved on in his life & tried to achieve his dream.

He donated his immortality, his Kavach Kundal  to Lord Indra.It need a lot of courage.I respect his confidence.He also gave daan to Kunti, thelives of her four sons.He was unable to send her empty-handed for whom he had to suffer all humilation, who reduced his status.He rejected Lord Krishna's offer without any second thought.Proud Karna, loyal Karna.

I love Karna, they way he struggled, fought & achieved his dream, his passion.He wrote his own destiny by his hard work.He accepted curse from his Guru & moved on in his life. I love his power of acceptance.His loyalty & friendship towards Duryodhan & most importantly his Daanveerta.He is a man full of pride, but  for me, his pride is his way of self-respect.For me, Karna is a trendsetter,Couragious &  As radiant as sun.People will always remember him.Some will hate him & some will love & worship him & I will always remain in that second category.

Beautiful write up Madhu👏 You are right, some people may love him some people may hate him. Its their own perception of the character. I agree with you he was a commom human being, he was not destined to be a perfect role model of righteousness or dharma. He did his own mistakes and got punished by paying through his life. He accepted the curses showered upon him, he bore the burn of insults flung to him but still he led his destiny in his own way without losing his self respect.
sania_58 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Hemangi

Beautiful write up Madhu👏 You are right, some people may love him some people may hate him. Its their own perception of the character. I agree with you he was a commom human being, he was not destined to be a perfect role model of righteousness or dharma. He did his own mistakes and got punished by paying through his life. He accepted the curses showered upon him, he bore the burn of insults flung to him but still he led his destiny in his own way without losing his self respect.

Thanks Hemu.
Glad that U liked this write up.Actually I was afraid to write something on Karna.But still, wrote, now relieved.😊
Yes, we will always love him with his faults.For me, he is the best., as I said radiant like sun.
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Miss you AT, miss you Sharma Ji.🤗
Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I wish a rewind button in my life😳 of course with forward button also😆
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Is not there an option in the vote for "tagless Karna"?
Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
aham y did u appear as Arjuna? 😭
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Miss u a lot Aham S.. on-screen ( in tv ) :(
Pls make come back to a tv show..
sania_58 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhivyakrish31

aham y did u appear as Arjuna? 😭

Dhivya,I dont think his appearance as Arjun was not a wrong decision.
He trusted Sid T blindly, thats the wrong decision.
Expecting anything nice will happen in Indian TV is wrong.
I still remember, he said one of his interview, Indian TV will evolve.
I dont know when the time will come.
Waiting for his Comeback.