Sayantani on Naaginn's good start

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Sayantani on Naaginn's good start

In its 3rd week and Naaginn is already being appreciated by the audience. We spoke to the serial's lead Sayantani Ghosh (who pays the Naaginn Amrita) and the prouder Aroona Irani about the show.

Says a pleased Sayantani, "I'm very happy that my work and look has been appreciated by the viewers but now we have to stand up to the expectations created which means more hard work. Honestly, I just had two things in my mind when the signed the show - either it will be a success or a complete failure."

The actress tells us that she has worked very hard for this role. "I have learnt classical dances- Bharatanatyam and Mohiniattam," reveals Sayantani.

Any memorable experiences post the popularity of the show? "Last Friday I had been to my home town Kolkatta for Durga Pooja and was surprised by the overwhelming response. Everyone recognized me as Amrita! It's nice to be famous and I hope the serial will live up to the expectations of all the people of Kolkatta."

Sayantani adds that though Ghar Ek Sapna was her first serial, as an actor she would prefer Naaginn because of the different story line.

Singing praises of Aroona Irani (Producer), Sayantani says, "She is very cooperative. She has acted in many 'Nagin' films so she has fair experience how to get that angry looks, agony and all. I'm getting plenty of tips from her."

Arooni herself is delighted with the show's good beginning. She feels, "The viewers have shown a liking for such a serial as they are tired of the usual saas-bahu sagas. Our show offers them something new. I'm pumping in all my energies into this show and will continue to do so but now after this initial success, we have to live up to the expectations of the audience."

Well, for now, the Icchadhari Naaginn is definitely climbing up the TRP tree!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pollydolly thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanx 4 the article! sayantani sure is a good actress!
Tomiko thumbnail

Love that picture of Sayantani!😛

pollydolly thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
she looks so gud in pink! 😆