Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

Rithu can I say "Ditto" to whatever Deeps said above except the things in censored πŸ˜†
She knows how to melt me😳
Hats off to her for writing full detailed response πŸ‘ that too at 3:00am 😳 then she sent me a message saying she's done reading and commentingπŸ˜•  kudos to her energy ...she's dancing at that timeπŸ˜†
Well you've been warned for havoc

Since it was about Mala, the 'censored' part is her scolding in in at least three languages πŸ˜‰. 

@red: how very Olaf of you πŸ˜†

You two stayed up and wrote this? So sweet

I'm ignoring your warning, I know you will make things more interesting around here 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepsel

^^🀣🀣 Now Rithu will think "oh God these lunatics are back to ruin my calm thread" πŸ˜† I know she will laugh it off as she is the most forgiving person in this forumπŸ˜‰ Do you like this Christmas gift Rithu darling πŸ˜†?!

I'm a big believer in 'the more the merrier' so your lunacy as you put it is most welcome πŸ˜†
Loved the gift girls πŸ˜ƒ
Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Suganthi-

First again πŸ‘. Lets see if we get another hatrick from you and a sneak peak as a reward. Bear in mind its the first actual comment counts not just a "Me first"πŸ˜†

Thank you 😊. Shatabdi would be a little freaked out after the ordeal she had. Sumer was with her for most of it so he knows that she is still scared.

Yes, Rudra is finally going to tell his wife about Mala so the Moonlight dinner will not be romantic as you expect😳.

I haven't decided about Rudra's next career move but I can't think of what he has left to do in Chandangard now that Tejawat trial is over πŸ˜•.

Mohini is one of a kind πŸ˜‰ and Mala deserves to be ignored by Rudra for what she has done so far.

Shantanu is remaining Dear...
And Shatabdi's kidnapping case is also remaining..
Actually Goons r target Paro only..
Rudra's biggest prob Mala still stayed in Ranawat Haveli wit his father..Then how Rudra wil leav as it is????

Ok i accept the truth PaRud moon light dinner ll nt b romantic bec he s going to reveal His mother's truth...am i right???
bt i ll except PaRud Hug scene bec Paro ll definitely hug him to console him... i accept my defect "Me first"...
I am sry,.
i really sry for disturbing ur story&thoughts by my thoughts...
Eagerly waiting for your nxt Update..
Edited by -BhavyaEsther- - 8 years ago
RangParud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thank you 😊
Dilsher enjoyed that bit too πŸ˜‰
Paro didn't expect it, they are going to have to talk about it like a normal couple.
This time the terrace is not going to provide a romantic escapade 😳
Things are getting better and the update will be ready by Wednesday.

thank u 
 belated wishes for the christmas and advance happy new year
waiting for the update ...1 more day to go😊 Edited by RangParud - 8 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -BhavyaEsther-

Shantanu is remaining Dear...
And Shatabdi's kidnapping case is also remaining..
Actually Goons r target Paro only..
Rudra's biggest prob Mala still stayed in Ranawat Haveli wit his father..Then how Rudra wil leav as it is????

Ok i accept the truth PaRud moon light dinner ll nt b romantic bec he s going to reveal His mother's truth...am i right???
bt i ll except PaRud Hug scene bec Paro ll definitely hug him to console him... i accept my defect "Me first"...
I am sry,.
i really sry for disturbing ur story&thoughts by my thoughts...
Eagerly waiting for your nxt Update..

Yes, Shantanu is still somewhere in Rajasthan. Kept him away as I didn't want to deal with him and Mala at the same time 😑. Shatabdi's case needs attention too πŸ˜•.

Rudra's first step to solving the Mala malady is to explain things to his wife. Which is what he will do. Wait and watch how things go from there πŸ˜‰.

There is no defeat as the second actual comment is also by you. So you are in the running 😊.

Never say sorry for sharing your thoughts. I always love to hear from my readers what they think about the plot. It helps my creative process.

Posting it now.

-Disenchanted- thumbnail

CHAPTER 46

Rudra led her to the terrace and pushed the door open. He held on to her hand until he could switch on a few lights. She was grateful not being the bravest person in the dark. They sat down on the swing together. "Paro, I need to tell you something important. It's a little complicated but I hope you understand how I feel about this," he said holding her hands. Tears started to well in her eyes. They had to move. That's why Kakisa hinted about her leaving them and Bapusa was looking so morose. He must have discussed it with the elders in the family. "I don't want to go. I like it here. This is our home," she whispered trying to hold back her tears.

Rudra felt his heart clench tightly. There was a time when her tears never mattered to him. Rather it spurned him to bully her more. Now even the absence of a smile felt like someone was twisting a knife through his heart. He wanted to dismiss her fears, to reassure her that they would live here forever. But he knew the nature of his job.

"I know you like it here. And Bapusa is at peace here too. But eventually I will be transferred away from here. I can't leave you both behind like Sisodia Sir and travel. You know better than me what toll it took on Shatabdi and her mother," he explained.

She nodded. They hated it. The constant worry of the father being away, the dull pain of not having him around more, the pure terror when the phone rang, it wasn't easy. But Vicky didn't have a great life either as he was in hostel her aunt and uncle travelled due to his job. She pointed this out to him.

He laughed his head off, "Vicky is away at the best school in the country getting the finest education money and power can buy. Any child will be lucky to go there. It is a class apart from the various local schools he will be in the areas VK Sir was stationed in." Paro was not convinced, she spoke to him atleast once a week. He was so eager for news of life here. He definitely wanted to be here.

Rudra sighed and rubbed the back of her thumb with his, "He just misses his family but that doesn't mean he is not happy where he is. Paro, I went ahead to ensure his security before he joined. It is a beautiful campus with experienced faculty, huge library, state of the art laboratory and tons of extra-curricular activities to keep him well rounded. It's the kind of school I would want our children to go to." She swiftly pulled her hands away and scolded, "Don't you dare pack my boys to boarding school. They will stay with me all the time." He was annoyed that she shot his suggestion down without even thinking about it. He couldn't shout at her though, they were fighting over children that didn't exist. Paro realised it too as she burst out laughing, "Let's talk about this when we have kids old enough for school."

He sighed dramatically, "I miss her." She looked at him curiously wondering whom he was talking about. "I met this girl in Delhi who was ready to travel to the ends of the earth with me. She was even ready to stay in my tent if I go to war. Maybe I should have married her instead," he teased. Her face bloomed like the roses she loved so much when he reminded her of the day he whisked her away from Aman's wedding to show her around Delhi. "I said I would travel with you not move. I always want to come back to this place, this home, this family. You know Rudra when we were having lunch in that garden restaurant. I saw this big happy family, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins, laughing together as they dined. That's what I want for us as we grow old, a big happy family of our own."

Rudra always knew she felt so strongly about family. It surprised him that she thought him capable of opening his heart again to embrace everyone. It was still hurting from the backlash of Mala's fickle loyalties. He knew that she stayed here trying to carve a place for herself in his home rather than support her terrorist husband who will be convicted tomorrow. Had she changed sides again because it was convenient? Or was she repentant for the damage she had done to him? What about his father, does he honestly not have a problem with her here after everything? What about his Paro, will she want to give her another chance, once she knows everything? Would she try to make her a part of her big happy family?

They ate in silence for a few minutes when Paro realised that Rudra seemed withdrawn. Whatever was bothering him downstairs was back again to haunt him. "What was it you wanted to tell me?" she asked politely. She saw him hesitate and cajoled, "You don't have to think so much. You're my Jallad, I won't feel bad even if you feel like shouting at me." That earned her a small smile. "I don't know exactly where to start. I don't know if I will ever be able to explain why I kept it from you for so long," he started. She placed her hand on his lips, "You kept it to yourself because you weren't ready to talk about it yet. I'm glad you want to share this with me now. There is no need for explaining yourself."

Rudra kissed the hand of the woman who is so kind to him. How was he going to rob her of a happy memory of her childhood? Would she forgive him just like she did for all his past grievances? She misread his anxiety and asked him to start from the beginning. "Tejawat's wife..." he started when she shook her head. She should have known that Thakurainsa's presence here would bother him. "You remember when Kakisa forced us to leave this haveli and we stayed in your BSD tent for a while? I was your enemy, someone on the other side of the battle lines. But still you took care of me when I injured my foot," she reminded him.  He slowly nodded remembering the first time he forced himself to acknowledge that she was a delicate flower, one that needed his aid. "You did what you had to do. Just like that, this is what I have to. I hurt her Rudra and I have to help her get better. Otherwise I will be just as insensitive as she is," she admitted.

He shook his head vehemently. Paro was nothing like this woman. He knew these things, Ranavat had explained this part. "It's not that simple..." he tried to tell her. She covered his mouth with her palm, "I know that it is complicated. I will take her to the doctor tomorrow and once he confirms that Thakurainsa can take care of herself, I will drop her home. I haven't forgotten what she means to you. He shut his eyes in despair. She had no clue.  "Paro, she is the one who was married to Ranavat," the words tore out of him finally. Paro turned white and connected the dots. "She is the one who brought me into this world," he confirmed in the smallest voice she had ever heard him use.

Paro was shell shocked. How could this be? Her Thakurainsa was supposed to be a kind and loving woman? Was she heartless enough to leave her own family behind? Even her own little boy. She saw the heart broken boy in the bus again, he couldn't stop crying. His entire world had been destroyed. It was so hard to believe that the lady she knew all though her adolescence was responsible for his tears.

Then she remembered how she tended to forget the Birpur brides once their baraat left her haveli.  A small voice in her heart pointed out that leaving her son behind was a different affair all together. A son who would have needed her, especially when his father was going through his own trials. Bapusa had admitted that he had been awful to his former wife but he couldn't have been half as bad as the Jallad he raised. And if he had been worse that what she assumed, how could she leave Rudra behind? Why did she walk away from him? Why did she stay away for years? Surely the soft-hearted Danveer Kaka would have helped repair his brother's family. And how did she end up in Birpur as Thakursa's queen? Did Thakursa steal her away from her home? But there was so much love in his eyes for her, he would have rescued Rudra if she had asked. Then her Rudra would have grown up with her in Birpur. She smiled softly at that idea.

Looking at the anxious face of her husband she asked, "When did you find out?" He looked away guiltily. He had been holding this secret for a long time. "Rudra, did she finally come to find you?" she asked knowing that he had been waiting for his mother to return since the day she had been gone. She held his hand urging him on.

He shook his head and recounted his tale. Her eyes grew wide as he told her of the day he found the portrait of Tejawat and his wife. Her breathe caught when he revealed how he felt like his insides were quartered. Her soul ached when he told her that he couldn't even share this with his father was just out of death's grasp.  Her heart swell with pride when he told her how he decided to focus on putting Tejawat behind bars rather than be distracted by his wife's true identity. Her knuckles turned pale as she held the swing-seat when he told her that how they met face to face with a gun separating them. Her head bowed in grateful prayer when he told her how Sumer made sure he stayed strong the night he arrested the couple.

Rudra saw the various emotions fleet across her face but didn't stop. The effort to speak out was humongous, but the effort to stop impossible. He needed her to hear him out, all of it. But what surprised him was the calm face she held till the end. Calm like a forest lake which stays tepid no matter how harsh the sun burns. "Paro, say something," he asked rubbing the hand that still held him. She looked at him thoughtfully, "I always wondered how she could be so sweet to us when we were growing up and so indifferent to us once the baraat left. But now I understand better, she walked away from her only son so easily. Forgetting us would have been a lot easier."

Rudra looked away. He hated to think of himself as Mala's son. But that was an indisputable fact as long as he lived. He felt lighter after talking to his wife. It helped him see things objectively.He watched her pick up their dishes and walk towards the door. "I should make sure if Bapusa has had his medicine," she said before going down. "Are you all right, Paro?" he asked. She nodded and replied that she meet him downstairs. She had her own duties to attend to and his words to process.

Rudra knew she needed a little time to think things over. Mala had carved a place in her heart too, before she had proceeded to break the trust that she had built over years. Paro was already hurt by Mala's actions even though she was polite to show it. But he knew, her heart broke every time she thought of her family and friends in Birpur who were sacrificed for Tejawat's greed. Mala was in a position to stop all of that. She could have saved those girls but she chose to be blind. Paro thankfully had a heart as beautiful as her face and was trying to fix those broken souls through her NGO.       

He stayed up for a long time looking at the stars wondering what would happen next. Could he really ignore her? His father managed to be civil to the woman because of Paro. His aunt treated her like an unwanted guest who would leave shortly. As for himself, he knew that she stuck around wanting to win his favor. He was blind to neither her actions nor the intentions behind them. But he couldn't go back to the way things were. He wasn't Paro, he couldn't forgive or forget her transgressions. He just wanted to go on with his life like she decided to do years ago. He didn't want to look at her or talk to her anymore. If he is lucky, the doctor would give her a clean bill of health and she would go back to the cottage allotted for her stay. But fortune had always been a fickle friend to him. He might have to confront her before she leaves.

When Paro got to the kitchen, she noticed that Shatabdi and Jeeja were still there.  "Uncle looks so stressed these days. The last time I saw him like that was when Rudra got his first posting order. He was so scared that someone would steal him away," Shatabdi said. Jeeja smiled and replied that as a parent he will always be anxious about Devarsa especially since he is his only child. "Then maybe he should be wary of Paro. She is the only one who can charm his Rudradev away," Shatabdi teased seeing her friend enter. Paro shook her head, she had no such plans. She wasn't the kind of wife who would keep her husband away from his family.

"Paro, you finished your dinner," Maithili asked taking the dirty dishes from her hand. She nodded and asked what was wrong with Bapusa. "His blood pressure is a little high. The doctor thinks it's because of stress. But don't worry now that you both are back he will be fine," Jeeja explained. Paro knew that Rudra wasn't the cause for the added stress. "I should go see him," she turned to go when Shatabdi showed her the clock. It was 11pm. She had to wait till the morning for her Bapusa to wake up.

Maithili handed a glass of milk to Paro and another to Shatabdi. The two women were a little surprised. "Masasa said you should be given a glass of milk as you are looking pale. And this is for Sumer banna," she explained. Paro frowned, hating that she had to gulp it down. "I'm glad that I don't have to drink this Jeeja. But does Sumer have to? He is already getting a paunch," Shatabdi complained.

Mohini chose that exact moment to enter the kitchen. Her latest daughter-in-law rushed out saying a brief goodnight. "Foolish girl! Didn't even realise that you were giving her an opportunity to say good night to her new husband before retiring to Sunheri's room," she told the other two. Paro expressed her surprise that her friend was staying with her old roommate. "It looks like a new tradition, unmarried girls staying over with Sunheri until the wedding," Mohini replied remembering Paro's stay.

Maithili asked if Shatabdi has to move in with Sumer immediately. "Why do you want me to ask the pandit to find out an auspicious day for that, it's not as if everything else has been done as per our customs," she scolded tugging her pallu. Maithili almost chickened out sensing her mother-in-law's mood. But her sister's encouraging nod led her to suggest they have the Satyanarayana puja performed before she changes quarters. Mohini smiled, "Fine, make the arrangements for that. Now go sleep before tomorrow knocks on your door."     

"Drink quickly. It's just milk, not hot lava," she quipped to Paro who stood there holding the tumbler. The young woman took a big gulp of the creamy liquid snapping out of her own thoughts. "I will call the doctor over tomorrow. It might be just the travel but why take chances," Mohini informed observing the pale woman in front of her. "A doctor would be needed tomorrow. Not for me, for the Thakurain's check-up. I'd like to make sure she is alright before sending her back," Paro said softly.

Mohini wanted to dance with glee. Finally the wretch was leaving them for good, hopefully. Even the kind-hearted Paro didn't want her here. Then she noticed the downcast eyes, the girl was in pain. She was not her usual chirpy self. She gently guided her to the dining room. "He told you, didn't he?" she asked guessing what must have happened up on the terrace.

Note: I won't be by the forum until Monday. So wishing you all an amazing 2016 ahead. 
May this New Year give you
all the courage to triumph over your vices
and embrace your virtues!

thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Was wondering which one of you will get here first πŸ˜†.
By the way,bhavyaester's enthusiasm has inspired a new contest in this thread. If you manage to comment first three times in a row, you get a sneak peak PM in advance. 

Hey Rithu,

I m little confuse, can u clear a doubt? first 3 comments in one chapter or first comment from same person in three chapters will get sneek peek pm in advance??
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii
I m first πŸ˜Š
But I didn't read chapter yet so abt chapter will comment after read
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: thakurpreeti

Hey Rithu,

I m little confuse, can u clear a doubt? first 3 comments in one chapter or first comment from same person in three chapters will get sneek peek pm in advance??

First to comment for three consecutive chapters 😊.
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rithu reading your FF after long
So a bit lost
But I loved that u made Rudra realise that Paro was nowhere near to Mala even after being raised by her...

One doubt who is vicky?

Will have to read again to get more of it