Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -Suganthi-

Thank you. You weren't first to comment this time. But I did notice that you had been regularly commenting first for the previous 3 updates. So you can expect a sneak peak in your inbox on Thursday before I post the full update on Friday 😊.
Shatabdi is confused. You will knpw what is in her mind in the next update.
I hope Mala sees it too 😑, she needs to realise that relationships need more effort in times of trouble.
I'll squeeze in more Parud in between the drama πŸ˜‰.
Mohini has come far from the annoying aunt with her weather predictions πŸ˜†
I hope your brother had a nice time on his bday

Sooo Sweet Of U Dear...
Thanks for ur Prize...
Happy to kno that U&Ur Family Fine&Safe..,πŸ˜ƒ 
Welcome Back Ritu...
Edited by bhavyaesther - 8 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

CHAPTER 45

Paro was too shocked to reply, she simply sat there. From inside the house the gaiety was bubbling over. Everyone was beyond thrilled even Rudra who was walking about with a smile on his face and contentment in his eyes. They all felt their home was enriched by their new bahu. "I thought... You like Sumer bhaisa, don't you," Paro asked trying to make sense. Her friend smiled, "That's my silver lining in this nightmare. Let me rephrase, I can't go through those rituals again." Paro was relieved to hear that. She knew from experience that you needed the right man and not the perfect man by your side to have a wonderful life. And Sumer bhaisa was a great fit for her new sister.

"You know everyone had such great plans for this wedding ever since this match first came up. Rudra had told me to let things fall in place but every day I prayed that Bholenath works a miracle and firmly place you in our home. And Kakisa's has been planning for this probably since he could walk. I'm sure that you had dreamt your wedding day too. Everyone just wants a do-over, they just want to give your dream a second chance," Paro explained.  

Shatabdi looked away. Her friend wasn't wrong. The family meant well, even her greedy mother-in-law. But the memory of the wedding in the mantap of horrors was too fresh, too raw. She quietened her troubled heart and the reasoning of her mind grew louder. "We are already wed, Paro. Even the paperwork is complete. Just a grand reception should be enough to announce our union to Rajasthan," she thought aloud. Paro heard her words and turned blank. How could they convince the family? Inside, Kakisa was planning the menu and Jeeja was checking the guest list. Sunheri was picking songs for the Sangeet with Samrat bhaisa. Bapusa and Kakosa were sorting out bills and handling the accounting for what was to be an extravagant affair.

"Shatabdi, how do we break it to them? Kakisa won't like it if her plans are changed," Paro exclaimed. But her friend was adamant too, she wasn't in the mood to relent. She knew Paro shouldn't be dragged into this but it felt so good to speak her mind. "I'll sort it out Shatabdi," said a masculine voice. She almost jumped out of her seat than relaxed seeing her brother-in-law. "I'll talk to Maasa. But I want a gift from you," Sumer said to her. She asked him what he wanted. "The next time your friend comes to you with a problem advise her to talk to me than to mope around the house," he replied. She nodded seriously as Shatabdi punched his shoulder, "She is just being a good friend and listening to me. Stop being so possessive!" He laughed and replied that he wasn't the possessive husband in this house. If she keeps hogging Paro's time, he will get kicked all the way to Jaipur. Paro wanted to tell him off for his accusations, her husband wasn't so awful. But she couldn't muster the anger needed to fight as she saw Sumer placate and lead his wife inside. Paro gave them a minute before following inside.

When she got inside, she noticed Rudra wasn't in the aangan with the rest of the family. She went around the haveli looking for him. She finally found him in their room standing by the window. She wrapped her hands around him from the back. He turned her around and held her close and continued to look at the moon. She followed his glance and asked, "Do you like looking at the moon?" He shrugged and pointed out that there was nothing special about the moon. It is just a huge white orb with a big black patch. Her eyebrows knitted as she reasoned, "So it's not perfect. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve appreciation. You are not seeing how bright it is in spite of the black patch."

He grew distant hearing the same wisdom he heard throughout his childhood. It was quite possible that the same woman taught her that. He never knew then that her love just a pale reflection of his own sentiments. "I don't appreciate it because its light is faked, not real like the starlight. They may appear tiny but their radiance is true," he explained softly. She rubbed the hands surrounding her waist gently, glad that he found something he liked in the beautiful night sky to appreciate. "Look at them twinkling so brightly, they must be feeling very special," she teased knowing how he rarely praised anything. She turned around in his arms when she didn't get response. She cupped his cheeks and made him look into her eyes. "What's going on? Is something bothering you?" she asked concerned.

He took a deep breathe knowing that he needed to unload his heartache to his beloved wife. She was the brilliant sun in his life who would eternally fill his life with warmth and light. He led her to their bed and confessed, "I have hid something from you for a long time." She was taken aback but didn't let go of his hands. A long time ago she had been rash to judge him. Now she would understand the facts first. Hey Bholenath!  They heard Kakisa's voice. Rudra stood up instantly wondering what was wrong. Paro held him for a moment, "Sumer bhaisa must have told Kakisa what Shatabdi wanted." He scowled. His cousin wasn't the best tactician when it came to his mother. And now it looked like he was stuck between the two women in his life.

When Rudra and Paro got to the aangan, they found Sumer sitting with their father and uncle with his hand on his head. Samarat and Maithili were trying to pacify Shatabdi and Kakisa who were at each other throats. "Sunheri, take Shanti to your room," Kakosa instructed seeing the petrified look on his granddaughter's face. The poor child had never seen voicing being raised in their household until now. "What did you do, Sumer?" Rudra asked approaching his cousin. He explained that they decided to skip the pre-wedding functions and just have a reception. But his mother thinks he wants to save his father-in-law's money.

Paro exchanged looks with her husband. It was clear now why Shatabdi was enraged. She drew near to the war zone. "Shatabdi calm down. Kakisa doesn't know how you feel. She will understand you only when you talk to her clearly," she told her friend first. Kakisa then started to rant and rave that her new beendini has no idea how to talk to elders and that her parents haven't been successful in instilling the right decorum in the young lady. "Maajisa..." Maithili started to calm her down when she was pushed aside by the angry matriarch. Luckily for her, Samrat caught her before she hurt herself.

"Baas!" shouted Rudra, frustrated with the family drama. "Kakisa, Shatadbi is Sisodia Sir's only daughter. Whatever he owns will be hers eventually. So if she wants she can spend a fortune on a single day impressing people she may never meet again or she can invest it and build a better future with Sumer. You decide which is important, I'll talk to them both," Rudra rationalized. This made more sense to the practical woman. "Money isn't the issue," Paro muttered to her husband. He shook his head ever so slightly. Money always was a big deal to his aunt. "Fine, but don't skimp on the arrangements. If we are having only one function, then it should be so grand that people remember it till Sunheri's wedding," she conceded. Shatabdi challenged that people will remember until the day Shanti gets married.  Kakosa shook his head, this beendini seemed hell bent on getting on Mohini's bad side. However, Kakisa surprised everyone by not taking the bait. She coolly ignored the remark and invited them to the dining table.

Paro was relieved that her friend's scars could now heal. She held her husband back, "I know you want to talk about something, but can it wait until dinner." He kissed her forehead in acquiescence. As they went hand in hand to the dining room, they were surprised to find an awkward Sunheri with a beaming Mala. "Maithili bhabhisa, Shanti was hungry so I fed her the Dal and rice you had prepared. She didn't want the roti which Maasa made" she blurted out. Rudra was confused, why was she was being so specific. His sister-in-law just thanked her and enquired on the child's whereabouts.

"Today, I made dinner especially for you Rudra. I hope you like it," Mala addressed him directly. Paro groaned softly remembering how Kakisa hated it when the thakurain addressed him informally. The rest of the family stood rooted in their place. Mala pulled out the chair at the head of the table, "Why don't you have a seat right here?" He walked up to that end, all eyes on him. He guided his father to the same chair saying, "This has always been my father's place." Dilsher wanted to dance with his one good leg, his Rudradev had acknowledged him as father. Some good had come out of Mala's interference.

Paro could feel the tension in the air. She tried to diffuse it by commenting how good everything smelt and that she couldn't wait to taste it. The other Ranavats grew uneasy. "What's wrong? Why aren't you sitting down?" she asked cheerily. They gave a small smile and sat down. "I didn't know you can cook, Thakurainsa. I thought you had cooks in your haveli to prepare your meals," Mohini asked casually remembering how her sister used to hate the aroma that was prevalent in most kitchens. She replied with a smile that she cooked on special occasions for her Thakursa. Her smile disappeared when she saw Rudra still standing. Dilsher saw him too and invited, "Come, sit here." Mala hated the idea of Rudra on his right but knew she had to shut up. She quietly served curry on the empty plate.

Rudra couldn't pretend to be civil to her anymore. He needed to cut her off for his own sanity. He took another plate and piled it with some rice and rotis. "Devarjisa, that dal was made of Shanti. It will be too bland," Maithili said as he filled two katoris with it. He paused and asked for pickles. She rushed to the kitchen to get it. "Sorry Maajisa, I didn't notice it wasn't placed on the table," she apologised when scolded for her carelessness.  He ignored her plight and pulled his wife by the wrist. "Rudra, stop it! Where are you taking Parvati?" his father shouted at him. He replied that they would dine in the terrace.

"Why?" Mala asked softly. Sumer sniggered, "Rudra banna must be dying to have some alone time with his wife. My wife has become a permanent Kabab mein haddi for them." Rudra stopped in his tracks. Shatabdi smacked him before turning to her brother-in-law, "Its cold outside. I'll get a shawl." Samrat commented that she seems to know how to stay on their cousin's good side and so they needn't worry. Paro was glad to see the good spirits return but wondered what Rudra wanted to tell her. His grip around her wrist still hadn't loosened.

"Banna, I think you should be ready to share her attention at least at meal times. Who knows how long we will all dine together? Maybe she might run away too," Mohini remarked. The wind went out of Dilsher. He had thought his sister-in-law had gotten over past hurts. How could she be so cruel to insinuate that Paro might repeat Mala's misdeeds?

"Mohini!" Danveer roared for once furious with her behaviour. But she ignored the collective ire and retorted, "I didn't say anything wrong. Tomorrow is Tejawat Thakur's sentencing. After that Rudra will be transferred for his next mission. Now he may be kind enough to leave Dilsher bhaisa with us considering his age. But I doubt if he can go even an hour apart from his Paro."

Mala looked away, wondering what fate had in store for her Thakursa. Will he come home to her? Can they start afresh somewhere far away, just the two of them if Rudra won't give up the BSD? She would never accept the BSD in their lives after they came after her Thakursa. 

Dilsher looked his brother, was Mohini right? Will be packed off with Rudra's other luggage or could he stay behind with his brother's family. But then how will Paro manage alone when Rudra has to be away? Or God forbid if Rudra is hurt on field and he is too far to reach him?

Mathili exchanged looks with her husband. Will her little sister have to move away? Their family felt complete. She had looked forward to so many tomorrows with Paro by her side. And someday when Sumer baisa had his fill of Jaipur he would return home too. They would be together forever.

Sumer looked at his plate dejectedly. Rudra was never his favourite playmate as a child. But now things were different. They had been through so much together. He couldn't imagine a life where Rudra and Paro were far away from them. He wanted them to stay, raise the next generation together.

Danveer felt close to tears. His wife had mentioned that she sensed the change in the wind. But this was not the change he wanted. He wanted to grow old with his brother by his side, in the home they grew up with. But he couldn't keep him away from his only son and daughter-in-law, his greatest pride and joy. Would their family fall apart once more?

Paro looked at her husband completely torn. This was first place she felt at peace after her father's death.  Bapusa, Jeeja, Sunheri, Shanti and everyone else all made up her world. Was all this temporary? She had been removed from them all once because of Rudra's anger. Her aunt and uncle had been very good to her and made a place for themselves in her heart. But the part of her which the Ranavats owned made her yearn for their presence. Could she leave them behind? Could she leave Bapusa behind?

"It will be okay," said Shatabdi wrapping her with the shawl she brought. She had experienced her father going off on long missions as a child but seeing an army wife's turmoil as an adult was something else. "So what if you don't live here, your place in this family is forever. Sumer has been in Jaipur for more than a year but Saasuma loves him just as much as she did the day he was born," she pointed out. Maithili walked up to them, "Pagli, it's not like you can't visit or we won't. We can talk on the phone every day. It will be fine." Paro hugged both of them with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. "It's best if you go with them otherwise neither will you eat or sleep in peace nor let us. Walking around like a bhoothini before dawn," Mohini added. Samrat pinched her mother's cheeks, "You are so affectionate towards your beendinis."

Shatabdi met Rudra's eyes and told him to take her friend away. No matter what they all say, he is the only person who can reassure her, the ruler of her heart.  

Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Mee Again First...
yt to read...
Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Very Nice Chapter Dear...
Shatabdi's fear&Sumer's understanding nature towards his wife..Cool one..
Rudra finally ready confess his mom's truth to His Paro bt their fate disturbed thm.(I think so)
Oh My God Rudra l leav his Paro or PaRud ll leav their family..What nxt in ur mind,.!!!????
Ru planing for PaRud Moon Light Dinner???
I would like to except this scene in ur nxt Chapter..
Mohini s to good &Mala s bad..
Both d sis r opposite in their character...
Loved d way Rudra cuts mala's nose once again bt tis time in front of everyone,..
Thanks for this Lovely Chapter,..

thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu
How r u?? Is everything fine at our place??
Nice update dear, sumer understands shaitbadi, which is needed in every relation, n try to fulfill her wish, I always like this abt Rudra personality that whenever situation is out of control then may be he show anger but after his one word everyone silent n tackle everything. 
Mohini was changed so much then how she comment at park that may be she will also run away, I don't like it, I don't Like mala , she trying to create problems in their life, want her chapter closed soon

Rudra wants to tell his past but couldn't tell her, don't know what in their fate, n what r u planning further for parud, will they separate?? Can't see this, I know u will not break our heart to separate parud

Edited by thakurpreeti - 8 years ago
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Just when Rudra was about to tell Paro about Mala he was interrupted. Now that Mohini has opened the can of worms, everyone is worried about the future of the family. 
pree_28 thumbnail
Hey Ritu..
Hope everything is fine now at your place!
Shatabdi faced the fear and still is not recovered from it as
everything happened in matter of hours including her marriage.
and lets see what you have in store for us regarding Parud 😊
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Will come soon hopefully 😳
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

Will come soon hopefully 😳

Uff, I got scared that you finished before me when I saw your IF nameπŸ˜†..I still have 10 + chapters to finish..racing now...Rithu darling me too will be back very soonπŸ˜‰
pavinitishiv thumbnail
hi ritu... Chennai getting back to normal na...thanks for the update...can we have some parud moments please...long time...missing...a trace of pre marriage Rudy with paro please...thank U...