Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I love that Sonakshi Sinha made an appearance in this post :) Rits becoming more explicit in your romance writing :) :) Loved the chemisty between Rudra and Paro and his empathy towards Shatabdi. Mala as usual is getting her comeuppance. Will look forward to what is happening next.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bhavyaesther

πŸ˜‰Once again First...

Nice Update.,
Cute PaRud..
Sumer Oppose Mohini's Plan of giving Land to Paro.,
Is he going to fight for this Land???
Did mala use this opportunity to get Rudra's attention??
Oh god dont kno wat nxt in ur mind.,
So that Eagerly waiting for ur nxt Update..
Thanks for Pm..

Thank you😊.
You've been first twice in a row. If you are three times lucky , I'll PM you the sneak peakπŸ˜‰
Sumer doesn't like the plan. The reason in the next chapter.
Right now Mala is just hovering around and not doing anything proactive. And Rudra will ignore her as long as he can πŸ˜†.
I'll post the next part on Saturday latest.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: thakurpreeti

Nice update, so possessive rudra abt paro, but so cute couple, what will happens with that land, seriously mohini give it to rudra n paro

Thank you. I don't think Rudra will like it if you call him cute or even Paro for that matter. That's his right πŸ˜‰
Mohini has three children of her own to think of. She will look to secure their financial future first.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: custodian75

The way rudra is trying to balance his relationship with his new sister-in-law is so cute. 

Mala is feeling left out and trying her best to worm her way in. 

I am sure Sumer will not have any problem with the property being looked after by Paro. 

Rudra is doing his best πŸ˜†
Worm is the right word 😑.
Sumer will voice his views in the next part.
Thank you 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: pree_28

Possessive Rudra πŸ˜³ marking his Love.. I just love these small tender
sometimes naughty moments between them. πŸ˜‰
As Mohini now a changed woman.. I am sure she wouldn't want a dispute
in family over land same history to repeat.

Thank you, I must remember to write more such moments and not be carried away by the drama πŸ˜‰
In a sense history is already repeating itself in various little ways, she is seeing the trend. Question is will they make the same choices.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinamehta

I love that Sonakshi Sinha made an appearance in this post :) Rits becoming more explicit in your romance writing :) :) Loved the chemisty between Rudra and Paro and his empathy towards Shatabdi. Mala as usual is getting her comeuppance. Will look forward to what is happening next.

I didn't know your a Sonakshi Sinha fan 😊.
Yes, last chapter was Rudy all the way πŸ˜‰
Next chapter is a little kinder to Mala.
Thank you.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 44

"Sumer!" Rudra growled preemptively. He wasn't going to let him attack Paro for his mother's decisions. "Try and remember banna, Hazrat kakasa has lived in that orchard all his life. If you replace him where will he go, " Sumer asked. The entire family breathed in relief as they understood his intentions. "Sumer is right Kakisa. That place is his home," Rudra added. Mohini sighed. This is why she kept this news between her and her husband. "I can't make him work till Yamraj comes for him," she said.

Paro realised why their aunt had come to this decision even though she was as good as Rudra in expressing how she felt. She shook her head to her husband hoping he would let the matter go.  But he just gave her a confused look and carried on. "I know that he is showing his age. You can just get an apprentice who can help out now and take over when the time comes," he suggested. His cousin agreed with him and added that a new person will make it hard for Paro to manage than a worker who had been loyal to the family for years. Mohini relented and said if they could someone who suited all their conditions, she will hire him as an apprentice to Hazratji.

"Now,  I want someone to tell me about Nandini. You two have been away for so long and haven't bothered to elaborate about what you did," Mohini scolded. Maithili saw her sister's eyes cloud for a minute as she sought strength in her husband. Something was definitely wrong. She placed her hand on her shoulder reassuringly and said, "Whatever it is, we are here for you. But unless you tell us we won't be help." Paro covered her sister's hand and smiled sweetly. Mala rolled her eyes at the display, it's easy to say things when it's not affecting you. She remembered how Mohini pretended not to recognize even her name when she called the first time. She had been afraid to come back ever since drawing comfort that Thakursa loved her and will always be there for her.

"When we got to the hospital, we saw Alina Jeeja's daughters hugging each other and crying in the waiting area. They said their mother was inside. I waited with them as Rudra went looking for Rusheed jeejosa. We could hear the screams through the difficult labour," Paro opened up. Rudra shut his eyes trying to block the images in his mind. He had seen men fall in duty but a woman's shriek was something else.  "His condition was critical. They had amputated his foot to get him out of the vehicle. He needed surgery to remove the metal and glass stuck inside him. The... the doctors weren't very forth coming with answers until Zaheer my friend got there. You have no idea how co-operative people are when they see someone in uniform," he joked.

Dilsher wanted to hit him for his statement but his son was too far away. Even Babloo, the most polite BSD man he knew wore his uniform when he went to the vegetable market.  "The girls were scared that their father would die before seeing the son he had been waiting for so long," Paro said sniffling a little. "Then we heard a wail. Jeeja, it was the most beautiful sound in the world. A new life coming into the world and...," she said with eyes brimming with tears.  She paused to wipe her eyes. "And fill our lives with so much joy and hope," Samrat completed her sentence, hugging his little girl tight.

"Rusheed got his boy finally but couldn't see him. The child needed to be in Neonatal ICU. He thought we took him away along with Nandini or planned to. He was uncontrollable and needed to be sedated," Rudra continued. "Why didn't you?" interrupted Shatabdi. They all turned to her. "Beendini!" Mohini hissed in warning. But Shatabdi didn't back down. She spoke her mind, "Nandu jeeja needs to be will recuperate better with family. And Paro is her family. Why does she have to stay back with a man who can't take care of himself? And it's not as if he was a nice man to take the trouble of looking after."

Mala wanted to dance with glee. Finally, one young woman who saw sense in not putting up with a broken and bitter partner, in her she had an ally. Paro's glance flew to her father-in-law. He was in Rusheed's state years ago and this family fell apart because his wife wasn't more tolerant of his embittered temperament.  Mala saw the concerned look and wondered how much her son's wife knew.

"Because marriage vows hold good only not just when things run smoothly. Decent women don't abandon their families because off ill-tempered husbands. When you marry into a family, you build relationships with everyone in the household not just your husband and children. And they will all be looking for someone to step up and hold things together when things seem uncertain," Mohini replied.  

Dilsher felt guilty. He was an ill-tempered man who chased his wife away with his rude ways. Rudra shook his head, it wasn't his fault entirely. She needn't have sought comfort in Tejawat's arms. She could have gotten him help to manage his issues rather than ignoring his pain. His father was never the Jallad he was to Paro. She still saw the man in the monster and brought him out for the rest of the world to see. If his mother had a fraction of her patience, their family would have survived.

"That's what Nandu jeeja said. Alina jeeja and her daughters were always kind to her and she wanted to stay back them. Rudra managed to get them a job at the local tailor. You know Kakisa, she is very talented at embroidery than me. Her technique is matchless in all of Rajasthan," Paro said proudly.

Samrat calculated in his mind quickly. He knew how much such women are paid. It won't be enough especially with a new baby and an injured man. He turned to his cousin, "You left that family to survive on that measly amount." Rudra ran his hand through his hair in frustration, "It wasn't my decision. I offered money, Paro told me off. I don't know how the minds of these Birpur girls work. They are not taught the practical things when they are young. They are completely clueless when it comes to the real world."

Mala felt offended, she had taught these girls what they needed to know to make their homes pleasant and their husbands comfortable. They didn't need to know anything beyond that. Her Thakursa had gotten them husbands who would take care of their every need. 

"We may not have been taught practical matters as little girls. But life has taught us plenty. Jeeja wants to manage with Jeejosa's pension and with her earnings. Her pride will be hurt if we belittle her efforts. We can always help her indirectly. That's why I stopped you," Paro responded to her husband's remarks.

"Paro is right devarsa. My family are the same way. Even when it comes to gifts, they think a hundred times before accepting it from here," Maithili added. Rudra wondered if she was saying it just to be supportive of Paro or if there was any truth to it. Shatabdi hoped her parents won't feel the same if they needed her help in any way. After all she was their only offspring.

"You did the right thing Parvati beendini. Your sister must already be pulled in too many directions. We shouldn't add to that. Mohini, you could invite her for Sumer's wedding. A slight change of scenery will do her good," Dilsher suggested to his sister-in-law. His brother added that since it's a family function, they won't hesitate to attend. "Beendini, I want you to remember one thing. Just because your Mamisa is no longer with us, she isn't alone. As long as you live here, this home will be her Maayka and she is always welcome here," she said sternly. Danveer nodded in agreement.

Mala wondered if she had the same option. Danveer, the brother-in-law who was the only link she had to her son all through his years in Jaipur had become so distant since she came back. Paro, the girl who used to call her Maasa, was in her own world most of the time.  What would she do if Rudra doesn't accept her back in his life? She shook herself, trying to push away her doubts. She needed to make an honest effort to get back to take what was once hers. She slipped away quietly.

The rest of the evening passed discussing the upcoming functions. Sumer bragged that his wedding will be grander than Rudra's and Samrat's. "Rudra bhaisa's wedding was too rushed. But Samrat bhaisa got married after months of planning and planning. How can you beat that?" Sunheri asked. Mohini smacked her shoulder gently. She too wanted a big wedding for her favourite and could see it happening. Shatabdi's family was wealthier than Maithili's and they had better connections too. Surely they will do everything they can to make the day special for their only daughter.

Rudra deftly caught Paro as she walked past him. "What are you doing?" she whispered as he pulled them behind a pillar. She checked around if anyone saw them. "Why are you working on Sumer's sherwani? It looks okay. Tell Kakisa its fine," he instructed. The garment on his bed had been bothering him for a while now. Sumer had a wife of his own to attend to him. "Sumer is the groom so she wants his clothes to look the best," she replied. He laughed and told her that nobody will notice him anyway when he stands next to Shatabdi. She looked perplexed so he explained, "I'm sure she would have spent quite a fortune on her dress and jewellery. Then you will all spend a few hours painting your face and     pulling your hair in hundred directions." She narrowed her eyes at him. "No, don't get me wrong the end effect is nice. But it just negates the need for us to dress up too," he concluded.

She stepped back and observed the red kurta he was wearing. Then she checked the collar to see if the buttons were in place, even if he never used them. He placed his hand over her fingers as they flitted over his collar bone, "If you want to continue this, we should go inside." She rolled his eyes and then turned, "I should go tell Kakisa."  He pulled her back hating to see her walk away. "Nobody will look at you when I'm standing next to you at the wedding. So you should be fine in this kurta," she explained rubbing the fabric and pecking him gently.

He let go of her hand in shock and she flew away giggling to the kitchen. His feet turned to follow in her wake then stopped when he heard her address Mala. He couldn't stand her in their home. It must be suffocating for his father. He needed to send her away soon. But first he needed to talk to Paro about this. He had avoided it for so long because Mala had left for good, never to return. Now that she was back, his wife can't be kept in the dark anymore.

Paro came back with sherbet for the family and was disappointed when she didn't see Rudra around. She didn't mean to be flippant but Sumer bhaisa seem to enjoy such attention from Shatabdi so she thought of trying it on Rudra. Maybe she should talk to her friend about this. But it seemed like her friend was simmering in her own issues. "What's wrong Shatabdi? Why do you look so blue? It's your wedding too," she pointed out as she sat next to her. Her friend just shook her head and tried to focus on what was being discussed. Paro turned to the rest of them who were discussing if Sumer should arrive on an elephant or a helicopter. She pulled her friend away from the madness.

"It's October Paro, not the time of year to chit chat outside this late," her friend complained as she was lead to the backdoor. When she stepped outside, she gasped. There was a small rose garden tucked in which a small table surrounded by three wrought iron chairs. It smelt absolutely divine and so relaxing. "Thanks Paro! I needed this. It was getting so hard to breathe in there," she gave her a hug before they both sat down. Paro explained that Kakisa had given her and Maithili jeeja this space to set up. This was our corner where we could be free to talk about anything. It's where we spend the evening with Shanti till Samrat bhaisa comes home. It's where Aman bhaisa prefers his tea when he visits," she said.

Shatabdi could see the appeal, a place where her mother-in-law wouldn't bother her with her constant presence and judgemental eyes. She smiled and said, "I didn't know Aman comes by often." Paro rubbed her hands trying to keep warm. "Kakisa doesn't like it much as Sunheri is young and might get romantic notions in her head. And this place is like the bench in Maasisa's garden where we could share our secrets without worrying about being judged. So we have our tea here when he comes," she said. Sunheri had been quite taken up by the gentle soldier ever since her fake engagement. But she decided to keep it to herself and let the past lie in the past.

Shatabdi felt her friend was slowly becoming more like a sister. From the time she had met Maithili, she had taken place of the older sister, the role model. Sunheri was the pampered baby sister whom she could dance to Bollywood music with. But Paro, her best friend and confidant never felt like family until this moment when she opened up her own safe haven to her, the place where she could unburden herself without hesitation.

"Shatabdi, are you ready to go back in now? We should be getting dinner ready," Paro asked getting up. She was surprised to see a bead of sweat on her friend's forehead. Shatabdi's heart was speeding up. She couldn't go on like this. She felt a cool hand on her face. She held on to it and blurted out, "Paro, I can't get married!"                  

tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Love the little interludes between Paro and Rudra. Ah ha smack in Mala's face. Life is not so simple that you can run away from your responsibilities. I love how Mohini put that across. Oooh why has Shatabdi got cold feet. Waiting for the next part.
Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice Update dear.,
I like sumer's Pov abt Garden,.
Wat happen to Shatabdi??
I like d comparison btw Nandini&Mala in Rudra's Mind.,
Very Small PaRud Moment its Lovely.,
want more PaRud moments...
I like Mohini in ur FF..
Thanks for Pm..
This time i m late,&miss the chance too..
busy with my bro's b'day celebration..

Edited by bhavyaesther - 8 years ago
pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Firstly.. Wonderful chapter πŸ‘πŸΌ
You  covered so many points in this chapter and I really liked
how you are portraying each character and their thinking in different
circumstances. Like Sumer didnt want Hazrat kaka to be removed
from the land he lived all his life, Mala thinking Shatabdi think like her
and will make her ally!, Rudra's thinking of the same situation her mother
faced and choose to run whereas Paro's jija want to stay and work for her
family with dignity πŸ‘ loved that part..
Thanku for giving Parud moment in between😳 hehe..
And what happened to Shatabdi?!

PS- I read this chapter earlier but thought to comment later and give chance to
      @BHAVYAESTHER to comment first and get a prize of early sneak peek πŸ˜‰
      But better luck next time buddy..

Edited by pree_28 - 8 years ago