Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I am overwhelmed... Thank you Kwerky, thank you GG... I am sorry I didn't sign in on Twitter for so long, but I am very thankful for your birthday wishes (for all the time it must've taken GG to remind herself of Tina's name before finding the gifs that she posted; and all the effort it must have taken Kwerky to make the personalized images that she posted) - thank you very much, both of you! ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤—
And it is true, it is the wishes that count, not the time at which they are offered. I am humbled and grateful... 

I had a very nice time in Delhi... mann hi nahin karaa waapas aaney ka... Ghar ka khana, Dilli ka mausam, daer tak sonaa, the shopping frenzy, Diwali ki raunak - it was all so wonderful. Iss baar Dilli mein, I realized that after my immediate family, it is the spiritual side of life in India that I miss the most. I went to so many temples, we made a beautiful alpana at our doorstep, we did a havan on my birthday, and another one on Diwali... I never get to visit any temple here, I have never made an alpana or done a havan while away from India... So, with this observation, I added another point to my list of "reasons to return home for good". 
Anyway... Dektey-dekhtey, all the time flew away in a rush... pataa bhi nahin chalaa ki kab vacation start hui, and kab finish bhi ho gayi... ðŸ˜†

I haven't watched any episodes of BB while I was at home... Itni daer tak kaun jaagey (and that too for such a stupid show)... Perhaps it has gotten better since I last watched it, but unless either one of you confirms that it is worth following (and that you are indeed following it), I am not even planning to start with it... 
So, batao - dekh rahey ho kya BB? 

And finally - before I end this post, let me weigh in on the matter of making a new thread.
It is true that last year, when we were on the first edition of this thread, it fell on just GG and me to finish it (to be fair to the others, we were not *really* obligated to finish it; the thread could have remained active; but at the pace at which that thread was moving, in the end, GG and I were only making the most inconsequential posts to finish it off)... When that thread ended, we wanted to avoid that situation, and decided not to make a second thread, but ended up making it nonetheless after Saumya coaxed us. And, as much as I was against such a thread to be made for a third time, I think, I will really miss it if we don't have one... It is true that it took us so long to finish it, but I read through some of our posts in the older pages, and it is almost like reading a well-maintained journal. It makes no sense to stop with it...
So, yes please... I vote in favour of making such a thread. If possible, let us make it "invites only" the next time. It will be our place to escape all the madness elsewhere. And it will be perfect if more of our friends join in, but even if it is only Kwerky, GG, and me slowly driving the new thread to its completion, I will be very happy. ðŸ˜ƒ

And finally - tum donon bhi... I feel like such a celebrity, what with all the talk about a "thread ending speech" from me. And woh bhi shuddh hindi mein... 
Well, that is not happening. We'll have another thread. (Please GG, get down to making it!) I love you both and this space too much to not indulge any talk of its ending... This will start afresh; so, ab naye thread par milengey. And Hindi mein nahin, I'll say in Sanskrit: "bhavet taavat shubham mangalam". 😎 

ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤— ðŸ¤—

EDIT: I see that Kwerky only needs to make 3 more posts before she gets a change of colour. Let us celebrate this on our new thread. ðŸ¥³

EDIT #2: The link that GG posted seems to lead to something weird. Is it just my browser? 
This is the link that I get:

Edited by Wisian - 8 years ago
Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Helllooo Wisu...good to have you back on the thread.🤗

Happy that you liked the birthday wishes...you are welcome...🤗

Good to know that you enjoyed yourself so much at home.😊😊I know what you mean when you say you miss the spiritual side of life in India. Even though we have so many temples here in SG, it takes an effort to go to them and you tend to miss out on that here..whereas back in Delhi, there is always some elder who takes you with them.😳😆

Yeah, I have been watching BB. It pales in comparison to previous seasons, the contestants aren't that fiery or just lack spunk. But I guess if you have missed 3 weeks...not much was missed.😆

Ok..so you too agree to another thread. Who will make it? Why don't you or GG go ahead and do it?😊
Edited by Kwerky - 8 years ago
GETGOIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
after the dhamakedaar speech let's move here
🥳🥳🥳