Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: SPraba

So the much awaited confrontation. Was eagerly waiting for this. Thanks for the update rithu dearest
So Rudra finally sees Mala. GLad Dilsher took Rudra with him and glad Mohini left father and son to deal with this. I just loved Mohini more when she just didnt allow Mala to talk to Paro
So the story behind the kidnapping is part revealed. Sumer rescued shatabtdi
So father and son did calm each other and loved how Dilsher told Rudra not to be rude with Paro.
Mala is really delusional that she thinks she can still cajole Rudra
Cant wait to read the upcoming updates. Thanks for the pm

Thank  you ๐Ÿ˜Š.
Yup, Mala finally gets the opportunity to win back her son. Time will tell if she will be successful.
Mohini knows the best way to get to Rudra is through Paro.
The next update will reveal more about the kidnapping as well as Rudra's past.

-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: pavinitishiv

longtime no update... Eagerly waiting...diwali gift...please update soon

I'll post the next part tomorrow. Not sure whether I'm writing anything for Diwali.
RangParud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMG i read ur update the day when u posted but i didn't find anytime to post. sry.
coming to the story wow...๐Ÿ‘ it was awesome๐Ÿ‘ ...didn't expect rudra to give her a nose cut .๐Ÿ˜†
liked the conversation between the father and the son.
next waiting for rudra's action towards his wife. how will he handle it now?
 waiting for the update . very eager. hope rudra understands paro's reaction๐Ÿ˜Š
tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The confrontation between Mala and Rudra is quite toned down :) Are the fireworks coming in the next chapter. Loved the way Dilsher is handling the Mala situation. I wonder how Paro is going to react when she hears all about this.
Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Suganthi-

Thank you. Dilsher was the other person whose life took a bad turn due to Rudra. They needed to talk it out.
Mala doesn't deserve his attention,
Sumer is always a goofball ๐Ÿ˜†
I'll post the update tomorrow.

Oh !! Happy to know that ur going to post update today.,
thanks dear..
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: RangParud

OMG i read ur update the day when u posted but i didn't find anytime to post. sry.

coming to the story wow...๐Ÿ‘ it was awesome๐Ÿ‘ ...didn't expect rudra to give her a nose cut .๐Ÿ˜†
liked the conversation between the father and the son.
next waiting for rudra's action towards his wife. how will he handle it now?
 waiting for the update . very eager. hope rudra understands paro's reaction๐Ÿ˜Š

So glad you got back to leave me with your thoughts ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Yeah... I didn't want Rudra to loose it for a woman who didn't care about him for so many years.
The Ranavat men are getting better at communicating.
You'll find out soon ๐Ÿ˜Š
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinamehta

The confrontation between Mala and Rudra is quite toned down :) Are the fireworks coming in the next chapter. Loved the way Dilsher is handling the Mala situation. I wonder how Paro is going to react when she hears all about this.

Sometimes ice just as dangerous as fire ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dilsher has finally learned how to deal with Rudra's volatile emotions.
Paro will be the next to find out about it.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

CHAPTER  42

Shatabdi stopped her account when she heard the thumping of boots coming closer. After her kidnapping, odd noises always put her on edge. Her friend saw her tense face and asked if something was wrong. "Oh good, you're here too," Rudra said seeing Shatabdi with his wife, as he entered the room. "I'm sorry about what happened. I shouldn't have let that happen," he apologised. She was relieved that it was just him and just shook her head. It wasn't his fault, not entirely at least. But she had to tell him in private. Besides she was careless too. Her husband had come a long way from the Jallad she once knew. Still Paro's heart always rejoiced to see her husband display concern.

His eyes paused on his Paro's next. There was plenty to discuss and he had no idea where to start. "I should go. You two look like you have something to discuss," Shatabdi observed seeing her friend's tense face. Paro nodded but Rudra disagreed, "No, Aman and VK Sir will be expecting me at headquarters soon. I have to go there now. You two can continue catching up." Paro felt he was avoiding the Mala situation and said, "Rudra, I should have told you about Thakurainsa." He gave her a small smile, "Forget about it. There were other things to handle." She went close and cupped his face. She asked if he was angry with her. He covered her hand with his own and admitted, "I was shocked to see her here. I was disappointed that you tell me. But I understand why you let her come here."

Paro hugged him and started to cry, "I knew you would understand. Kakisa and Sumer bhaisa were so angry. Bapusa was so worried how you will react. But I knew my Rudra will judge my actions but will sympathize with how I felt." He brushed her hair off her face and kissed her forehead gently. "Let's hope your Maasaji also is as sympathetic as your Rudra. I have to report this and find out why Natwar lal hasn't," he said sternly.

She sighed wearily as her husband walked to the door. It was in this very room that he once scolded her thinking about only herself. Once again, she hadn't paid attention to the big picture and all the others involved. "Shall I talk to Maasaji?" she asked. He shook his head, "No, I'll take care of everything. Kakisa will want a grand reception for Sumer.  You will be needed here. " She nodded dutifully.

He took a couple of steps and then retreated, "Whatever minor rituals are there, just keep me out of it unless it's absolutely necessary. I have been through them twice and have no plans on repeating them."   Paro laughed, he didn't have to partake in them as he wasn't the groom. But his presence would be nice. "And buy when you are shopping for Shatabdi's gift, buy something for yourself too," he suggested. Her eyes twinkled with mischief, "Can I buy something for you?"  h looked at her in surprise. "Your kurtas have become old and have faded," she commented as she kept his clothes in his wardrobe. He shrugged his shoulders, "Fine pick up something for me then. Not anything bright or flashy." She held the clothes and wistfully said how she likes mirrors on clothes. "Then make sure your clothes have plenty of them," came the reply as he walked away.   

General VK Singh rested in head on his palm resignedly. Of all the things he had ever anticipated, Rudra's tidings were something he never saw coming. The Thakurainsa of Birpur was his best officer's estranged mother. The soldier he trained was not emotionally capable of handling such situations. But for the first time he had displayed intelligence and brought it to the attention of his seniors. He raised his head and asked sternly, "You were the one who arrested her along with Tejawat. Why are telling me this now?" He saw the hesitation in his protg's eyes but he needed an answer. Tejawat could have gone to the press with this. His lawyer could have claimed that Rudra was using the BSD to settle his personal grudges. But they all just sat back on the information.

"She had chosen to be Tejawat's wife 18 years ago. She chose to build his corrupt kingdom rather than make a comfortable home for me and Ranavat. Why would I mention a past tie which didn't really matter?" Rudra replied softly. His commanding officer saw the pain of a troubled boy in the eyes of the man in front of him. "Tejawat claims she is innocent. Don't you want a chance to rebuild your relationship with her?" he asked as Danveer Ranavat crossed the cabin. The constable had claimed that Mala Tejawat grew up with his wife and that's why he wanted to arrange for her stay. But he had not been entirely honest. He wanted an opportunity for the Ranavat clan to reunite. That must be what Tejawat was hoping. If Rudra aligns himself with his mother, they would use him to gain his freedom. That had to be why he claimed her ignorant of his deeds.

"No Sir. I had given up on her long back. Now I just want her to leave us all alone. That's why I'm bringing it up now. She has tricked Paro into believing she needed assistance and has taken up residence in my home," he explained. Before the pride of grooming a loyal and steadfast officer filled his heart the image of a broken Paro in his guest room flashed in his mind. The Thakurain had done nothing when Paro was being routed out of Birpur. She had been left to die on the highway after her mamisa died. If his wife hadn't found her that night, there is no telling what might have befallen her. "Why did she get involved? She has been trying so hard to look ahead not back," he groaned. He knew that his niece's scars needed time to heal but why was fate always tempted to flesh out her wounds. He still had to meet her after her trip to see Nandini. His wife had told him that all wasn't well. "Paro is... Paro. She can't stop herself from helping people. But don't worry I'll make sure she is unharmed by any of Tejawat's cronies," Rudra promised.

The general glared at him, who talks about his mother that way. Then he remembered the young boy who was studying in his living room. Poor thing, he has exams and his father has wrecked their home in his drunkenness. You BSD-walos need to take better care of your own, Geethanjali had scolded. It was then he found out the fate of the Colonel Dilsher Ranavat who had been forced to retire in his prime. He had a glorious career and deserved better. So he became Dilsher's friend and young Rudra's mentor. The Singh family would give them emotional support they needed to get over the abandonment of the woman who should have stood by them.  The arrangement worked well till Rudra started to train. People started to accuse him of favouritism. He had to step back to watch from the background. The boy proved his mettle in unquestionable fashion. He gained the admiration of his peers and the adulation of his superiors. His only challenge was his own temper.

Rudra had understood that it was in everyone's best interest that he doesn't involve himself with the Singh family. But the routine of going back to an embittered father took its toll. He became into what Paro called Jallad. Now the woman who destroyed that little boy's innocence was back and all the effort his niece had put in to make not just Rudra but the entire family. He felt a hand reach out to him and looked up to see worry on the younger officer face. "It's not a problem. The entire family is there for Paro. I'm just telling you because as my senior, you needed to be informed," Rudra ascertained.

They were interrupted by Aman who came in with a small smile, "Sir, This is the report on Shatabdi's kidnapping."  His friend took the file from his and glanced through, "I wanted to know what happened before I apologise to Col. Sisodia for my absence". The other two officer exchanged looks. "Rudra, he is not upset. Nandini needed Paro by her side. You can't be in two places at once," the general gently chided him. Rudra didn't respond. His mentor would have felt braver if he was by their side just like he felt braver when they had his back. "Yes after everything that happened, Sumer deserved the chance to be a hero too," Aman joked. Rudra shook his head, "That idiot has amazing luck when it comes to being at the right place at the right time." The others agreed with him. Sumer had used this luck several times to aid the BSD. "Aman will brief you on Shatabi's kidnapping. If you want to ease your conscience, go ahead and meet Sisodia. But as far as I know him, he doesn't hold this against you," the general said dismissing them both.

"We got to their hideout after searching for two hours. Sisodia Sir had also insisted on coming along," Aman recollected. Rudra asked if his cousin had informed them too late. "It's not his fault. They were in the middle of nowhere. He had network issues. There were 20 armed men surrounding a make shift mantap. Mirza was laughing and jeering her constantly. Even the pandit stopped in horror. He needed a whack to his abdomen to continue. Shatabdi was crying, pleading to them to stop. They just kept taunting," he paused.  Rudra felt very bad. In all the years he had known his new sister-in-law, she had never cried. She was the brave girl who faced things with her father's courage.

"Sounds like the worst wedding day in the world. She should get a do-over wedding. Mrs. Sisodia would have had such dreams for her. What happened next?" he asked wondering about the role cousin played in this. "There was gunfire exchanged between our men and his when Mirza shouted that the wedding is now over. Everyone just stopped. He turned to Shatabdi and held her chin and said something to her. She pushed him away screaming. He just laughed it off and came towards us.  He told us that they had to rush the wedding because of he wasn't sure if the groom would last too long. He mentioned that if Shatabdi is not gentle with him on their wedding night, she might be widowed soon." Rudra felt like throwing up. He was no stranger to seeing women treated poorly but he couldn't stomach a lady of his acquaintance being treated so savagely. But Mirza was pure scum.

"How come Col. Sisodia kept his cool?" he wondered aloud. Amanda replied, "Singh Sir had told me ahead to hide his gun. But when he saw his daughter break, he couldn't take it. He was glorious in battle. I can see why you admire him. Singh Sir is brilliant in strategy but Sisodia owns the battlefield. He just grabbed my gun and started to shoot people left and right. Our orders were to capture the militants alive. Singh Sir didn't want another massacre like last year. But Sisodia sure just said that he was retired from the BSD and didn't have to obey orders," admitted Amanda gleefully. Rudra was proud of his teacher. He was still the able to win wars. "Then he approached Shatabdi and took aim at her groom. He said he wouldn't let his only daughter be trapped in an unwanted relationship. When he released the safety on the gun, the pagadi came flying at him. And guess who was under it?" he asked.

"Sumer," breathed in relief.  So except for the sheer terror of not being control of your own life, Shatabdi had been fine. "He shouted that his daughter wanted him and their relationship is very important to him. Sisodia Sir wasn't sure whether to hit him or hug him," Aman ended. Rudra rubbed his eyes processing it all. "Aman, how did Sumer end up as the Doha?" he asked. Aman grinned at him, "You want the Sumer version or what probably might have happened?" Rudra looked at him sternly, "This is serious. Has he fudged the evidence?" Aman just shrugged and replied that since he was the one who saved the day though not being a BSD personnel, their seniors were giving him the freedom to fudge the reports a little. Rudra scoffed. He wasn't allowed the same liberty and he was BSD'so best.

"Apparently when Sumer entered the place from the backdoor, he saw a old man dressed as a groom spraying perfume on himself.  He held him down and poured the liquid down his throat. The man fainted instantly. Then when the groom was called for, he quickly wore the wedding clothes and walked out happily. Mirza's men never realized that he had switched places. Although it would have been kinder if he indicated to Shatabdi somehow that they were fine. Once the rituals commenced, he just sat there waiting for us to come and rescue them, " Aman elaborated.

"Mirza in custody if you want to question him," Amanda prompted.  Rudra nodded. He would personally make sure the crook pays for this. He had enough contacts across the border to make sure justice is served. "Okay Aman.  I'll talk to you later, " he said rushing out of his office. Mirza's only aim was to hurt him through this. He needed to talk to the Sisodia family first.  Find out what he had told Shatabdi. Then nobody could stop his retribution.

Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜‰ Me First .,
Nice Update Rithu.,
PaRud conversation is Lovely dear.,
Singh sir &Rudra talk abt Mala's truth is cool scene &also Rudra's care towards Paro is Nice one.,
Rudra s right ,Sumer is d most luckest person bec he didnt do any action sequence to save satabdi bt he became Hero.,how sweet&funny.,
sumer&shatabdi marriage is quite interesting dear.,
Thanks for Pm.,
๐Ÿ˜›Thanks for this Lovely Chapter.,.
Edited by bhavyaesther - 8 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I could just picture Sumer doing all that, and I feel like laughing. But then, I realized how harrowing it must have been for poor Shatabdi. But seriously, only Sumer could sit there and not even try to give her a clue that it was him, and not some lecherous old fart. 
If Mirza is in custody, will he present evidence against Tejawat? Or will he be bull headed enough to hold on to his grouse against Rudra? 
So glad that Rudra understood Paro and didn't yell. I was rather anxious about that. But he knows his wife, and he knows his mother. So he could put 2 and 2 together.