We r all waiting for your update.,😭
U took More than two weeks ...😭
Pls update as soon as possible...😭
Edited by bhavyaesther - 8 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: SS88

Just because she cooked him his once favourite meal , how can she think that will make up for abandoning her son?Mala  is seriously disconnected from reality or any sort of logic. Where has Rudra taken Paro?  And wait , what did I miss? Sumer and Shatabdi are married? Details , please.  

Mala's reality check is just round the corner, trust me.
Rudra and Paro were visiting Nandu baisa, sarhad par.
The details will be dealt with as a flash back 😉
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Sorry about the delay. My new job is taking up all my time and it's taking forever to write. I'm half way through Chapter 40, so I'll give you a preview now and post the full update on Monday.

Paro wondered what happened as he placed his head on her stomach and groaned. Before she could ask, he leapt up, ears alert as a fox. She scrambled up quickly and stood behind him. His stance was tense as he pushed her behind him. Someone else was around. She placed her hand on his shoulder. She was his strength and he, her shield. They heard leaves being crunched as footsteps came closer.

The stranger was humming. He may not be dangerous. Rudra relaxed when he recognised him, "Hazrat Kaka?" The caretaker almost tripped when he heard him. His near-sightedness was becoming hazardous. "Who are you? Did you come to steal again? I can here you well even if I can't see. 40 years I have taken care of this orchard. I know every nook and cranny. I'll put you in the snake pit or I'll send you to sethanisa she will pickle you," he threatened as he swung his walking stick randomly about. Paro couldn't help but laugh at the idea of a frail old man dumping Rudra in a snake infested place. "Who are you? You brought a girl here? This is not a place for such activities," the elderly man raised his voice. Paro stopped laughing, guiltily remembering what they had been upto.

Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow thanks for ur Preview.,
Eagerly waiting for Monday..
hmm i hav 2 wait more than 24 hours.,
i liked the Preview...
All the best for your new job...😊
Edited by bhavyaesther - 8 years ago
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii Rithu,

Thank u for preview , eagerly waiting for update. N also understand ur problem.
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
that is your preview is so nice
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice teaser rithu.. Can't wait for the update..
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

CHAPTER  40

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Paro shouted with glee as he dropped tamarind pods from the branch above. "Do you want to come up?" he stretched his hand out. She shook her head biting into the fruit she craved. "I forgot. Where you would have climbed trees? You were probably a delicate darling, happy to play dress up with dolls and chasing butterflies," he teased. She scowled as he jumped down, "We both know you did those things too. I don't want to ruin my dress that's why I am staying down."

Rudra backed her to the tree, his lips twisting into a devilish grin. She dropped her treat in shock, "What are you doing?" He slowly slid the wispy dupatta from her neck. She looked around to make sure they were concealed from the road. He took of his own leather jacket. "Rudra, Stop!" she screamed. And he did. She breathed in relief. "What happened, Paro? My clothes are tougher and won't get ruined. So I thought you will be more comfortable in them," he said innocently.

Paro wondered for a minute if she should take him up on his offer. His clothes would let her be more adventurous. Paro, only boys in long trousers should be up on trees like monkeys. Not pretty girls, her mamisa's words echoed. She had been raised to be a lady not climb like a monkey, tempting though it may be.  Besides chasing pretty blue butterflies was more fun any day. She looked around for a place to sit down when Rudra spread his jacket, "Okay?" She pecked his cheeks, gratefully before sitting down.

"We are quite close to home, aren't we? Do you come here often?" she asked as he sat down. His eyes grew sad. Kakosa used to bring him and his cousin here when his mother was away. "Sumer and I used to come here when we were kids," he confessed. She found this bit of information shocking. Sumer and he were always at loggerheads and looked for new reasons to argue constantly. "We can put up with each other if needed. That was the only way I got to go out apart from school after Ranavat..." he gulped. It was painful for him to remember those days. She wondered why his mother didn't step up when Bapusa couldn't treat him to little trips. But she didn't ask. Nobody in the family wanted to remember the one who left them. Especially Rudra, who was her favourite, yet abandoned. She quietly finished her treat.

Paro looked at her watch and her hand flew to her mouth, "It's almost 1 o'clock!" They had to make it home for lunch at least. Rudra casually smiled at her as he stretched his long legs and cushioning his head on his arm. He looked like a lazy panther that was enjoying doing absolutely nothing. His face never had this look of contentment before. She was certain that if they were stuck on an island together he wouldn't fret as long as she was with him. "Half an hour more then we have to leave, okay?" she told him sternly. He nodded in agreement glad that she wasn't in a rush anymore.

"What do you want to do now?" she asked. He pulled her down and trapped her with his own body. Blood rushed to her cheek as she realised his intent. He waited for her to stop him but saw her lashes droop to his lips. Her heart beat in tempo with his. Her fingers flitted across his shoulder to his face. She knew anyone could walk by any minute. But in that moment he gave in to what he desperately wanted to do.  As his mouth descended on hers, she smiled feeling the slight stubble on his cheeks. He had remembered to shave. He was so gentle, barely touching her. As quickly as they came, his lips pull softly away. She trembled as she looked into his darkened irises filled with desire. Before she knew it, their lips met for another kiss.

He could feel the excitement rushing as their breath is becoming short. His heart is pounding and senses are on edge, feeling every touch as if it were multiplied by ten. His hand moved up to explore her waist. To his annoyance, there was lace under his fingers not warm skin adorned by a chain he was used to. Part of him wanted to throw caution to the wind and rip the fabric of. But then his wife's porcelain skin will be marred by the harsh ground. He kisses her gently one last time before pulling away. He should have taken her home straight and avoided this detour.

Paro wondered what happened as he placed his head on her stomach and groaned. Before she could ask, he leapt up, ears alert as a fox. She scrambled up quickly and stood behind him. His stance was tense as he pushed her behind him. Someone else was around. She placed her hand on his shoulder. She was his strength and he, her shield. They heard leaves being crunched as footsteps came closer.

The stranger was humming. He may not be dangerous. Rudra relaxed when he recognised him, "Hazrat Kaka?" The caretaker almost tripped when he heard him. His near-sightedness was becoming hazardous. "Who are you? Did you come to steal again? I can here you well even if I can't see. 40 years I have taken care of this orchard. I know every nook and cranny. I'll put you in the snake pit or I'll send you to sethanisa she will pickle you," he threatened as he swung his walking stick randomly about. Paro couldn't help but laugh at the idea of a frail old man dumping Rudra in a snake infested place. "Who are you? You brought a girl here? This is not a place for such activities," the elderly man raised his voice. Paro stopped laughing, guiltily remembering what they had been upto.

"Bas!" Rudra shouted as he grabbed the stick. His wife smacked him gently and he lowered his voice instantly. "Kaka, I'm Rudra Pratap Ranavat. Your sethani's nephew and this is my beendini," he introduced them. The old man took of his glasses and wiped it furiously before getting a good look at the couple. "Kawarsa, you have become so big and strong. And you married too," he observed as Paro greeted him with folded hands. "I didn't know you were coming. Else I would have made arrangements," he apologised. Rudra blushed awkwardly. He wasn't comfortable when people saw him as the Ranavat heir.

Paro stepped in and said it was okay and they would inform him before coming the next time. Privately she was surprised that the orchard belonged to the family. Rudra never discussed such things and she never bothered to ask. "That's right. I'll have my daughter prepare a feast to make up for this. The girl has inherited her mother's culinary talent. You won't be disappointed," he beamed proudly.  "No, you don't have to trouble yourselves. My wife has a fondness for tamarinds that's we stopped here," Rudra said. The care taker assured them that he will send over fresh tamarind every week if that was the case. Paro's face glowed with childish joy at that prospect. "Bas! I just have one request. Please ask your aunt not to sell this place. It's my entire life's work and I will do my best to make it productive till my last breathe," he promised before taking his leave.

Rudra was silent as he drove home. What did Hazrat Kaka imply? Was Kakisa thinking of selling the orchard? It didn't look like it was doing poorly. Did they have money trouble? Ranavat did sound stressed when they spoke over the phone. Why didn't he say anything? Mhara Rudradev, focus your duties as Parvati's husband. Things here can wait. He had duties towards the family too. He didn't want to spend every waking moment with the lot but he wanted them to be alright. He needed to talk to him first thing when they reached. Whatever trouble was waiting at home could be dealt with.

Paro couldn't contain her excitement as she saw the haveli draw closer. They were home. She jumped out and raced in only stop when Shanti grabbed her dress. "Papo! Papo! You back" she reaching up to her. Paro picked up her niece and twirled her around, "Yes my gudiya, I missed you so much." Rudra sighed. He was happy to be home too but didn't want to admit it. "She is your Maasisa, no calling her by name," Samrat scolded his daughter. Paro replied that her angel can call her anything she wants. He shook his head as he went to help his cousin with the bags. His family were spoiling his princess.

"Wait!" they heard a woman shout as they stood at the threshold. Shatabdi came out with aarti. Paro laughed, "You are the new bride. I should be warding evil eyes off you and Sumer bhaisa." Shatbadi started to perform aarti and sternly replied, "You are the one who has come from a long trip. God knows how much people would have envied my devarsa for having such a pretty wife." The rest of the Ranavats laughed good-naturedly as Paro's cheeks took on a pale pink hue. Rudra scowled, "You are not my Bhabhi. Don't expect me to call you that". She rolled her eyes and applied tilak on him. Paro nudged him seeking his co-operation with her eyes. "You know I anticipated you two will bicker but I thought you would maintain decorum until you're inside," Dilsher's voice boomed. His brother laughed and his wife frowned. Sumer pulled his wife aside, "Shatabdi why are you annoying him? That crazy camel may not punch you but he will break my face."

She thought about it for a few minutes. While Rudra may not hit her, he wouldn't mind a screaming match the way they had when he had first come to Jaipur. For a puny teenager, he could start a war with a few choice words in their neighbourhood. It was only after he joined BSD he learned to channel that pent up aggression under her father's tutelage. Sumer saw the far off look in her eyes and knew he needed to bring her back to the present. He held her chin lightly and cajoled, "You're my sweet Shatabdi na, please leave him alone. I don't like broken bones." She snapped back at his touch. She placed her arms around his neck, "You will rescue me from goons but are afraid of your cousin?" He reminded her of her usual boast that her father taught his cousin everything he knew. She smiled gaily, "He did a good job didn't he?" Sumer nodded and pulled her back to the aangan. Privately he hoped her father had taught him when not to use his gun too. He would need to stay calm as the evening progressed.

In the aangan of the haveli, Rudra stood with his father as his wife was taking her own time hugging and explaining pleasantries with the rest of her family. "So Rudradev, did you take good care of Parvati? You didn't trouble her did you?" Dilsher asked. His son calmly enquired if he let the family take care of him and not trouble anyone. "I'm not the son here, I'm your father. Even if you can't say the word you should be polite," he replied slightly miffed. His son just ignored him and tried to pay attention to what little Shalini was telling her favourite aunt instead. "One day it would your son telling you about his little adventures," he commented wistfully. Rudra turned a little pale at the idea of a son of his own. None of the Ranavat boys were pleasant. Even Samrat tended to cause trouble as a child. Mohini who was close enough to hear what was said interrupted, "No, I want a daughter as sweet as her mother. A little butterfly fluttering around these corridors with Shanti."  Rudra smiled softly at the thought of a mini version of Paro. This he could live with. "No, he will have a son to carry on the family name," came a voice he hadn't expected in this house. He turned around swiftly and felt his knees give way. There she stood, in the flesh, Mala Tejawat.             

thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii Rithu,

I m first, beautiful update. So many cute moments of parud, lovely n romantic moments in garden, they r doing fun n enjoying their moments like teenagers. Y kakisa wants to sell orchard garden?? What's problem in family, n now mala came infront of Rudra n she will spoil everything,

amazing update, so many emotions in one update 😊 😊 Edited by thakurpreeti - 8 years ago
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rithuuu.. what a place to stop 
Now i really really want the next update like right now ðŸ˜ƒ