Frequent Posters

pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
So much these Birpur brides faced.. brutalised
Paro might have be shaken hearing their stories..as
she could have been in there place if she wasn't saved
on time. It was a proud moment for Paro to hear respect for
Rudra from them as he saved them from hell..

Good to know Rudra will be back in next ch. 😛

Its nice see how you are bringing to light the story of Bripur brides.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pree_28

So much these Birpur brides faced.. brutalised
Paro might have be shaken hearing their stories..as
she could have been in there place if she wasn't saved
on time. It was a proud moment for Paro to hear respect for
Rudra from them as he saved them from hell..

Good to know Rudra will be back in next ch. 😛

Its nice see how you are bringing to light the story of Bripur brides.

They were in a place where no one cared about them. That's why they were exploited. Paro knows the full version of the horror she was saved from.

She is always proud of her Rudra 😉

Yes, next chapter.

They were the reason Rudra was brought to Chandagard, he had to be save them 😊.
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Rithu... I totally forgot that I didn't comment on your last update.. Sorry for this very late reply...

It was heartwrenching to read the state of birpur girls.. How much they have undergone.. Paro trying to give them hopes about life after this.. Hope she succeeds.. The gratitude the girls have towards Rudra was nice to read... You left there in a cliffhanger.. What happened to alina.. How is nandhini..
First part where Paro misses Rudra was cute..Edited by Cutemithra - 8 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutemithra

Rithu... I totally forgot that I didn't comment on your last update.. Sorry for this very late reply...

It was heartwrenching to read the state of birpur girls.. How much they have undergone.. Paro trying to give them hopes about life after this.. Hope she succeeds.. The gratitude the girls have towards Rudra was nice to read... You left there in a cliffhanger.. What happened to alina.. How is nandhini..
First part where Paro misses Rudra was cute..

It's fine. I knew you will drop by again when you are free 😊.

It hurt to write frankly. But I couldn't imagine things being rosy for them when they had been handed in such a cavalier fashion to those men. They need time most of all.

You will know more about Alina in the next chapter.

The first part for all those who missed Rudra like Paro did.

Thank you 😊 
tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow, this was a dark but intriguing chapter. Mala is such a criminal. What she did to the girls being a woman is terrible. Hope all the girls find a good life. I wonder what Paro will do to help them.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinamehta

Wow, this was a dark but intriguing chapter. Mala is such a criminal. What she did to the girls being a woman is terrible. Hope all the girls find a good life. I wonder what Paro will do to help them.

Mala was incosiderate about everyone except herself. They will need time and a lot of support. Honestly, I have no idea how Paro is going to show them that some people can be trusted. She did it with Rudra and now has to try her best with these girls.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

CHAPTER 34

"What happened to them after that?" Paro asked. They replied that Alina was reduced to the maid of the house when she was actually the malkin. They noticed that Paro's face fell and assured her that as long as her sister delivers a son, she would be fine. "I feel so bad for Alina jeeja. Nandu jeeja has told me about her. She seems to be a wonderful lady," Paro said. They nodded in agreement having heard only nice things from the grapevine. "Baisa, I think you should make sure that your life doesn't end up like hers. Men have certain expectations which if you don't satisfy, they will stray," Manjiri advised. The trio continued to gossip as Paro left to her office.

Paro couldn't focus on her work anymore. She couldn't stop thinking of Alina jeeja. She tried calling her sister but her cell phone was switched off. Manjiri's words affected her deeply. Were men really selfish? Did they care only about their future sons? Did they get married only to start a family? Didn't companionship mean anything to them? But Rudra had never mentioned children. She wanted to assume it was because of his miserable childhood. He seemed very happy when they spend time with Shanti. Was he ready to be a father? She still wanted two sons like Bholenath. But she hadn't become pregnant yet. She remembered how Maithili jeeja was treated when she first stayed in the haveli. Would Kakisa become mean to her again? Will Rudra still stand by her side?  

Shantanu had seen Paro disappear down the stairs. He had heard bits and pieces of their conversation. Rudra was supposed to be her dewaana. "Here," he interrupted the women handing over two bottles of liquor to them. They were hesitant, knowing well what befalls them when they lose their senses. They didn't trust him seeing the devil in his eyes. They continued to talk softening their voices. "My name is Shantanu. I teach English here. I just want to know about the woman who just left," he told them directly. They exchanged glances. "Why do you want to know about her?" Vaishalli asked. He replied that her story sounds like it's from a movie. And that he finds it fascinating. "She was lucky to be stopped before she stepped into hell. Nothing more to say," Poonam said showing him to the door.

Paro stood at the window of the office she shared with Shatabdi and pondered what her husband wanted. She wished her friend was with her. She would know what his BSD heart of his wanted. As far she realised, she wasn't disappointing him in any way. Then she remembered the Thakurain whom she had invited against Kakisa's wish. "Hey Bholenath, just bring him home to me. So that I can explain myself," she prayed.

A thick veil of dust was seen at the horizon. The roar of a jeep was heard. She didn't wait to see who was driving. She raced down the stairs and the parking lot. The other women in the campus all stopped their work to see what the commotion was about. She leapt into his arms as soon as he pulled over. He needed a minute to steady himself and another to inhale her perfume. It was his wife, his Paro. His fingers wound up in her hair as his lips captured hers. To his surprise, she deepened the kiss. It felt so good to hold her in his arms again. Each hour felt like a decade away from her. And when she was with him, time just stopped. But this wasn't his Paro. His wife was nervous to hold his hands in public. He pulled out and just cupped her face. They both heard the teasing laughter from the group closest to them. Paro was confused. She thought he would like it if she sheds her inhibitions. He simply kissed her forehead and reached over to take a bag out of the jeep. "What's going on?" she asked noticing the strain on his face. "Let's go to your office," he said putting his arm over her shoulder.

Meanwhile, Mala combed the entire Haveli for Maithili. She seemed to be nicest of the lot. Hence, was easy to manipulate. She found her cooing to her little girl. She recognized the design on the baby's dress. Blue butterflies. Paro's Rukmini. "Paro must have made this," she commented entering their room. Shanti smiled as said Papo, papo as she called her aunt. Maithili just nodded politely holding her daughter close. Mala saw a large shadow approach and guessing it was her niece she asked, "Your daughter seems very sweet but can I say something?" Maithili nodded and Sunheri stopped just outside. "You should send her to your mother's place where she will be raised properly. You don't want her to be spoilt like your sister-in-law here do you?" she continued. The younger woman sternly replied out that Sunheri is a very capable young woman who is beloved by the entire family. She wasn't spoilt. Outside her door, Sunheri started to cry in silence. "Capable? Of what, eating? That's the only thing she is good at," Mala scoffed. The younger woman couldn't believe that this was the same lady whom Paro had spoken so highly about. She still remembered how Paro had cheered up Sunheri quoting her.

Mohini was surprised to see her daughter run away in tears from Maithili's room. She rushed to see if her son was teasing his poor sister. "Sunheri baisa has a weakness for tasty treats but that doesn't change the fact that she has other talents. If she relaxes here, it's because Paro and I are aware that she has the rest of her life for household chores. She can just focus on her studies and other interests for now. Maajisa has done a wonderful job raising her with necessary domestic skills and she will be a great source of guidance for me as my Shanti grows up," Maithili told her aunt off in soft but stern tones. Mala felt like she had been slapped. She wanted to retort when she saw her sister at the door. Mohini just picked her granddaughter and said, "Beendini, it's my time to play with this little princess. Why don't you check on lunch." Maithili replied that Paro hadn't left her much to do. And that everything is ready. "Fine. Then go and check on the workers," she suggested. Maithili nodded and left.

Mohini then turned to her sister, "Thakurainsa, I thought you were too hurt to move and needed rest. How did you find the energy to stir trouble here?" Her sister rolled her eyes. They both knew that she wasn't injured badly. But for some reason everyone decided to go along with the act. "I just wanted Paro's phone number," she said. Mohini smiled at her and asked, "I'm sorry. You must be bored. We don't have elaborate entertainment here like your Raja Thakursa provided in Birpur. We have other things to focus on. But you seem fine stirring up little storms between Maithili and Sunheri. I don't tolerate pointless bickering in my household. My daughters-in-law maybe gentle but she not gullible. She will stand up for us in her own way. As for Paro, she is at work. She doesn't have to be at your beck and call all the time. She has her own life. Leave my children alone" Her sister scowled. She didn't need to be told how to treat her own bahu.

"I just wanted to know when my son will be home," Mala said. "I'll ask Samrat ke Bapu! Oh don't worry I'm sure the BSD will make sure that Tejawat's offspring is picked up and taken to their headquarters. I'm sure he is crook too just like your husband," came the reply. The last statement made her furious. Her Thakursa wasn't a crook. He just wanted to rule his land by his rules like his ancestors. Just like Rudra wants to be a BSD officer like his forefathers. "I was talking about my Rudra," she snapped back. Mohini gave her a sad smile. She knew how it felt when the son doesn't give his mother the primary importance once he grows up. But she had chosen to keep Rudra away.

"Mala we were once sisters. So I'll be frank with you. Rudra is no longer yours. If that's why you are here, just leave. His mind, heart and soul belong only to Paro. He won't come here because he will seek her first. She is his home not this Haveli," she said. Mala was a little disappointed to be told what she already knew. But Paro was the girl she raised. She won't steal her son away. She walked away without another word.

Rudra took a good long look at his wife. She was dressed in a blue silk saree today. On her shell like ears dangled the butterfly earrings he had gifted last year. Along her swan like neck lay a simple gold chain with a floral pendant. His bhabhisa had given it on what was the anniversary of their mehendi. To her was the day Bholenath had marked her little sister as her devarani too. The blue flower was him and the red one was supposed to be her. These flowers are different yet beautiful together. I want the same thing from you too. He remembered her words as his hands reached out to touch it.

Paro knew what he was thinking of as her hands found his. The chiming of her blue glass bangles were calling for his attention. The other hand looked a little bare with just a delicate watch accompanying his  rudraksh bracelet. "Bapusa gave it to me yesterday. He said he gave you a watch when you joined BSD," she said noticing how his glance lingered on her wrist. Rudra nodded. He was presented with his grandfather's watch years ago. He still wore it with pride. "So is there anything special going on today? You are looking extra pretty," he asked. She put her arms around his neck and he brought her closer holding her waist chain. "My entire family is together after a long time. It's a very special day," she replied with a smile.

Rudra could see that she had plenty on her mind and was trying hard not to bring it up. "What's going on Paro? I can make out your mind is going a mile a minute," he asked. She shook her head. She didn't want to discuss anything so soon. He had just gotten back. He needed to relax for a while before she brings up what the Birpur girls told her. But as usual he had known something was bothering her and asked her directly. So she had to be straight forward too. "It's not very important. Just something the other Birpur girls said. We can talk about it later when we go home," she deflected. He sighed. He knew those girls were capable of saying things that bothered his Paro. They had seen too many hardships and dealt with them by drowning themselves in alcohol and substance abuse. Geethanjali ma'am had said that they were rude to the workers too. That's why it was decided to keep Paro away till they get their act together. "Did they hurt you? Or say something rude? You shouldn't take them too seriously. Think of them as female Jallad. They just want to keep you away with harsh words so that they won't have to deal with you," he advised. She laughed, glad that her Jallad didn't use harsh words any more to keep her away like he used to. "No, they were nice to me once they realised who I was. They remembered me as a little girl. It's just that what they said about men bothered me," she confessed. Rudra assured her that the kind if men they were associated with were nothing less than animals who never valued them. He will spend the rest of his life making sure such men keep their distance from her. She was touched by his words.  "So, all men aren't like that?" she asked. He shook his head in confirmation. "And you won't take another wife like Rusheed jeejosa if I can't give you a son?" she asked what was troubling her the most. The air left his lungs when he heard her words. How could she compare him to that vile man? More importantly how much did he know about that man?

thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice update, Finally Rudra is back, How can paro thought like that rudra can do this to her, compare him with they man ,.hope Rudra understand paro 's n don't misunderstood her words,
silvercloud1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update.   Seems Mala is trying her best to create confusion in the Ranawat household. But she has to try very hard
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
The chapter is ablaze with brilliance ...you have a way with words,Rithu...love the way you write the dialogues. The story is moving in a beautiful manner & you are so regular with your updates. Thanks a lot.🤗
Mala can try & do anything but we know our Rithu will not let anything come in between Parud so I am relaxed.😊