ArHi FF || Serendipity #5 || CH 59 Pg 136 (JAN 16TH 2017) (new update) - Page 24

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ranjanatripathi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And yes, I also loved how Tarang stood up to Raizada...
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
raniluvsasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey thanks for the pm. Loved the update. Wonderful enjoyed every bit of it. Cudnt be more better. Superb. So Khushi mis understood the situation. Arnav was in jail. His power cudnt save him. Update soon
Amanram thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hmm I really think this whole situation should come to a head once and for all. Arnav is lving in a shell of his own with some misconstrued fantasy that khushi cannot move on and khushi is living with her own misconception that arnav is out to screw her like always. Maybe Tarang and Anjali need to 'talk' and act as the go between here!
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow.. I hope Khushi is shown the mirror.. she needs to know what is right.. poor Arnav..
DilLoveRomance thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This tarang seems to be too much dominating Khushi 
sutapasarbabhom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice updt
its our khushi who cant c anyone suffer becoz of her
tanx for pm
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing
loved it..
may ur uncle's soul rest in peace...
stay strong
aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
A/N: I. Literally. Can't. Tell. You. How. Excited. I. Am. For. Following. Updates.
I'm sorry these updates are short, but I'm trying to pace the plot as I'd planned to break it down per chapter :) Some will be longer than others.  

Also, please give Khushi a chance. She doesn't trust Arnav and it's warranted... the worst months of her life were a byproduct of him not trusting her. She's been broken by the man and she's wary of him. I know the story had taken pause, but try to keep those chapters in mind :)

Dedicated to LOLitaPawar

Cr. to my beautiful, talented and absolutely wonderful friend, Aheli. Please check out her shop and her gorgeous creations

Chapter Forty-Eight: Pain

"I think Anjali would prefer the peaches and cream cake over the strawberry one, Khushi."

"But we need to consider Aman too, Mr. Raizada. He's allergic to peaches, so I think it's safe to say the option is off the table"

"Listen, anything is better than that mango shit Aman liked. Peaches and cream  is winning for me so far."

Typical Arnav, Khushi smirked to herself, as he excused himself to use the washroom. Foolishly blinded towards everyone and everything but his precious Anjali Di. It was this attitude that had ruined the prospect of a relationship between them, and looking at the disheveled, unstable man in front of her today, she was extremely grateful it had.

There had been a time when Khushi was certain that she was in love Arnav Singh Raizada-- deeply, insanely and irrevocably. But in truth, her idea of "love" had been nothing more than foolishness and naivete.

Love was not adrenaline and fire. Love was not betraying Lavanya's trust and stealing moments by the poolside. Love was not bruises on her wrists and infrequent, reluctant apologies. They had never shared love. They had scorched and singed in burning desire. 

Yes, she had desired him. He was a powerful, intelligent, handsome man-- and she had been a young, impressionable woman. 

But love was... comfort. Warmth, not heat. It was silent encouragement and gentle touches. It was strong arms holding her in a strong embrace and black, reassuring eyes. Love was Tarang Kher.

Love was Kinara and Shagun.

Khushi took a moment to steal a glance at her girls, the younger one taking neat spoonfuls of her chocolate cake as Kinara wiped the cream stuck in her hair. They were such precious, beautiful girls... beautiful as the love that helped them grow and blossom.

As beautiful as the love that existed between her and her wonderful husband. She smiled unknowingly at the thought, silently thanking an old friend for blessing her with a man she wasn't sure she deserved.

Tarang Lal Kher, the man who had supported from the very moment he laid his midnight eyes on her. The man who held her hand and dared to love a broken woman. The man who helped her rebuild life the way she saw fit; who indulged her strangest dreams and shared her deepest fears. The man who gently kissed her good morning and passionately made love to her at night.

He had fallen in love with her heart, Tarang often said. Whether dressed in a sari, or a skirt, or bright swinging pompoms... all he saw was a woman who had respected his grandmother, who had birthed his daughters and who had selflessly dedicated her life to building his family.

She was his will to live. And he was her everything.

"So I requested the waiter to bring a slice of black forest cake", Arnav suddenly interjected, bringing an abrupt end to her unusually wandering thoughts. She wasn't a daydreaming, dewy eyed schoolgirl... especially not on the job. "And a slice of cheesecake, just so we can officially cross that off the list"

Khushi wanted to resist when he pulled his chair closer to hers, but forced herself to paste a rigid smile and nod in acknowledgment. Arnav was a client, and it would be inappropriate to disappoint or insult him.

Especially... after that night

Tensions between Arnav and Khushi had eased since the mishap with the children. She had apologized (albeit grudgingly) and he had gracefully understood the regret. She, on Tarang's suggestion, had sincerely tried being more civil with Arnav. If not forgiving him for his wrongdoings in the past, then at least seeking to ignore them.  It was her job, after all, to give Anjali her happily ever after, and if there was one thing Khushi Kumari Gupta wasn't, it was a sloppy professional. She didn't appreciate distractions while she worked, and therefore Arnav and his emotional baggage would just have to be tolerated.

"Honestly Mr. Raizada, I think we should go with the lemon raspberry mousse. It's fresh, earthy and sophisticated-- perfect for a couple in their late thirties and perfect for a warm, summer wedding. I just can't suggest peaches and cream if the groom is allergic. The entire thought is completely absurd"

With a small smile, he shrugged and called Anjali, confirming the cake order as well as the other dessert options.

"Said it's genius", Arnav laughed, as he disconnected the phone. "She was shocked that the idea didn't occur to her earlier. Lemon and raspberry was apparently in her top five" He passed a rather ecstatic Kinara his untouched sample of cheesecake, smiling as she gave him an enthusiastic high five.

"So we need Aman to agree and then I'll place the order", Khushi nodded, scribbling notes for the rather extravagant design the couple had settled upon last week.

"We don't need to ask Aman, Khushi. He won't give two shits. This wedding is Di's through and through"

"It's a wedding", she immediately countered, without looking up from her untidy notes. "It requires the consent of a husband and a wife. If a voice is ignored or belittled, the relationship leads to failure." Her pen paused for a moment, and her back stiffened angrily. "Much like ours did", she silently whispered.

It was then that she shifted her steely hazel eyes to his brown ones, burning in rage, indignation and resentment. But most of all... in pain.

Pain at being neglected and suspected

Pain at being separated from her parents and family

Pain at being left abandoned and vulnerable

Her steel tight barrier broke open, and the memories flooded over; memories of the most painful months of her entire life. Arnav's breath hitched in his throat, as he felt an overwhelming need to comfort her.

"Khushi, I --"

"But you'd know a lot about that, wouldn't you Arnav? How to make a mockery of a marriage? Sorry. I forgot who I was talking to"

"Khu--"

The ringing of her phone interrupted him mid-sentence, and his gaze shifted to the word "Jaan" flashing on the home screen. With a relieved sigh, she lifted her cell and cradled it against her breast, excusing herself to take the call.

From a distance, he observed the softening smile and the blushing cheeks; the quiet laughter and happier eyes. This wasn't the Khushi who had been sitting across from him just minutes ago.

The pain had disappeared the second he had called. 

A/N 2: I know I don't really deserve much, due to my erratic update schedule and everything else. But likes and comments bring the brightest smile to my face. Even two sentences are appreciated. Feedback helps me understand what I need to work on and what I'm not clarifying correctly (and silent readers, please! Chirp up! ;-)  )

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE: S H F T E D 

HEY. HEY YOU. SEE THAT LITTLE ORANGE BUTTON THAT SAYS "LIKE"? CLICK IT CLICK IT CLICK IT (and comment too, please!). 

It'll put a ๐Ÿ˜Š on my face
Edited by aamir18 - 7 years ago
ConAmor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
For PM Notifications, please send a buddy request to this account.

Also, you can follow @IPK_Confessions on Twitter. I'll tweet whenever I post a new update (plus other fun stuff)
;)

Thank you for reading!

ZitOnThyKnee

Edited by ConAmor - 8 years ago
HinaMalik91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
res
Unres~

I am liking the way the things are progressing!!! Khushi is being civil to him...

But she is still heatbroken over the past...The pain is still there in her heart...

I loved how she said to him that in a relationship both partners likes and dislikes matters but he never considered that... And still his Di is his top most priority not caring about how her life partner Aman would like... ASR needs to atleast change his arrogant thinkings๐Ÿ˜ก
Edited by Hina69 - 8 years ago